Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - development suggestions to BIS

They should make some other Units and vehicles that from US oder Sovjet. Some european units were good. UK, france and german perhaps. That would make it better because ofp had only US as a NATO Force and they will never go out alone in a NATO Mission.

I think some units and vehicles were a good idea.

Well, many things of the above which I also would like (and repeating them would be tiresome, except for the fact that AA should really have multiple gunner functions and multiple moving turrets for planes capability and also capability for user-defined unit faction in editor)- one thing I'd like to plea BIS to do is, whichever default units you're going to throw in, please make them right with decent quality. I just had to say this because having BIS's default Hind with landing-gear down without a retraction function, and the Frogfoot's gear halfway retracted in the engine, now that plain sux... please don't make us have to redo the basic stuff you already throw in. smile_o.gif

Oh and Hardrock, as the saying goes, variety is the spice of life, even if you may find them below your level, others might appreciate any addon-maker's work, no matter which standard they adhere to... smile_o.gif

I'll echo the wish for the scripting commands introduced in VBS-1, at least the ones for creating/handling markers/triggers and waypoints.

Also, fixes for the many issues in handling AI squaddies in MP ("locality issues"). One example is losing the ability to order them to disembark from vehicles not local to your computer.

Yes to have some of the waypoint, trigger and marker commands would really be a blessing for this AA. It would allow slightly more advanced systems to be made under this new OFP which are otherwise quite cumbersome or impossible.

Anyway, if this is an Armed Assault feature request "thread"/"form", my main request would be that for the Join In Progress addition, some event occur when a player JOINS and DISCONNECTS.

For example onPlayerJoin/onPlayerLeave or some sort of current player node array. (for network niceties) I am unsure how the script state will be restored and if it will be transferred from machine to machine upon disconnection/reconnection. Perhaps an initJIP.sqf and initJIP.sqs is executed...

And my final request, get this thing released on time biggrin_o.gif And published to the right places. smile_o.gif

Regards

don't listen to the counter-strike loving, keep the movement as it is with the gun :P

Other things i would like

-Better Ai which will take cover very often (duck behind low walls etc)

-Better machine gun handling, at the moment they are uber accurate rifles with full auto. We want the AI to surpress with machine guns and be surprsessed.

-Definable recoil settings for each stance. This way it won't chnage much for UZIs but will have a giant impact on Machine guns with bipods and so on

-OF COURSE, multiple gun positions

-Tank drivers and gunners don't have NVGoggles. They use the inbuilt one onto the tank. Maybe Thermal vision in tanks too. Even the old m60 had thermal vision... Make tanks more realistic, at the moment they are just Bullet Proof, Mobile Gun Platforms. They've been improved since WW2 you know...

-Multiple armour values. maybe make armour values definable in oxygen rather than config so if a rocket hit the rotor it will have a different affect to if the rocket goes up pilots ass. Same with tanks, front has more armour, back doesn't and so on

- Weight Based Carrying system. A MG with 5x 100round mags seems realistic, but i could carry 10 m16 mags in my pockets, let alone the with the military gear with a million pockets and bags.

- Possibility to define Animations in an other place other than anim.pbo. So the addon makers can make thier own individual animations for their addons, especially guns. This is so every gun can have a different reloading or holding animation.

-Fix the clipping issue with objects, if you do that it will improve CQB by a mile

-A 'setheight' command to save my lazy ass writing

this setpos [getpos this selct 0, getpos this select 1, 15] :P

I could think of alot more probably but the chances are they have already been written anyway biggrin_o.gif

Good Luck BIS

GUYS, and girls, this is the AA OFP ~1.5 suggestion thread. Not the OFP2 suggestion one... be reasonable for Pete's sake!

tounge_o.gif

I wana see 2 thing at least:

- multyple gunner positions

-Water thet you could swim in like in joint operaions

(should be cool for seals and other stuf)

This two thing should definetly be done!!!

Dear BIS, please apply a scripting command/function like "getTargetLocked" which would show us a unit's locked target if it has a "canLock" weapon (missile launchers, cannons, etc.). It would make life easier for a lot of purpose (for a realistic aircraft addon, for example). Another suggestion: is there a way to apply a night vision device to a rifle? I mean, if I don't have an NVG but find a weapon with a device like this I could aim in the night... just like in the '40s-'80s... Thanks!

This is a general suggestion: Make OFP mission making more easy. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but the current system can deter many newcomers who might be interested in making missions. If there's anything you could do to make the editor or parts of it more user friendly, that would help the community a lot!

CO-op campaign that is saveable. Plus the ability to tell the AI to shut-up if need be.... 2-Where are you,2-wHeRe ArE YoU,2-WHERE R EWE,2-ware ah U ? sad_o.gif

Other than that don't spent too much time trying to add a ton of new funtions. We are wasting valuable gaming time. tounge_o.gif

I welcome the join inprogress option but me as a mission maker i would like the option to set up options for my mission such as if players can join the mission inprogress or not. As i can imagine many missions which might not want join in progress (mainly Coop and RPG type missions)

Join-in progress would probably just be handled like the current Respawn, where you have to add code to add it, rather then it being default to respawn, and then decide what type of respawn (into AI, at a Base, etc).

I will only post things that I HAVEN'T seen yet, so I will do away with all the grass/improved graphics stuff as well as things that are unrealistic.

-3d ironsights

-ANY alternative to the current ugly vertice displacement when a building is destroyed...buildings and vehicles look like paper crumbling when they are blown up :P

-better ai, ESPECIALLY in close quarters combat situations. I want to be able to have decent fight with ai in a city street, maybe even indoors smile_o.gif

-collision detection fixed/improved

-better weapon feel and handling. Recoil should be changed, like said earlier, so the crosshair could be displace every time you fire so you have to move it back physically to get back on target.

-better flights models for aircraft and vehicles. Now that I come to think of it, I think it has been said physics are being improved...but I'll still point out that currently planes have WAAAY to much inertia.

-On the subject of physics, I would like less "bouncy" physics. If physics could be improved, it could make for good object physics and spectacular helicopter crashes smile_o.gif

-better physics in general just to sum that up

- better crashes in genera. I know this falls under physics too but I hate the way you drive a car into a wall and it just stops short. How bout some flipping, rolling, etc? And say, if a helicopter hits a building, instead halting in place and falling to the ground, why not have it actually bounce of the surface (while sustaining fatal damage of course) and maybe when it hits the ground roll over/bounce/whatever?

Would be extremely cool to see a shot down plane start skipping and rolling across the ground violently until it stops.

- Better wound effects, not only visual. If you got shot in the arm you wouldn't be able to carry an assault rifle or SMG. Perhaps a pistol, depending on the arm that's hit.

- I agree, get those old ironsights outta there! I felt they were bieng lazy not adding better ironsights in patches or updates, even though the community has released some great ironsights of their own.

- Also agreeing on multiple gunner positions, and possibly a loader! Not sure what the player would do, apart from loading shells, but it adds to the realism.

- And when things explode, I mean explode, not just crumple up like foil

- I think it would be nice (or just plain cool) to see whole planes just explode without leving a wreckage to fall to earth. If you shot at it with a Stinger or Strela and the whole thing just explodes it would add to the "entertainment" of the game.

(the list goes on, but it's mainly of what people have already said)

forgive me if these things have been stated already, but browsing 8 pages in 56k isn't too nice

1. better tracers.. especially during night time

2. better animations

3. make troops react appropriatly in certain situations.. like in urban situations, having them crawl and stuff isn't too great.. and make the troops more aware of the area around them.. give them a greater field of vision or something

4. somehow get troops to use cover in urban

5. simulate suppression for ai troops and for the player (if a bullet comes in close, you shoot worse)

6. let arms and legs and hands be able to get blown off

7. bleeding

8. decals on buildings and bodies

9. backblast for rocket launchers

10. ringing in ears for explosions and deafening the sound

11. letting bright objects trail. Like looking at the sun, you see a tail when you move your eyes.. is this possible? if you can get this in, tracers would look awesome

12. get ai units to hide better

13. don't let ai units wander off infront of the squad and into the open just to find cover.. this is how they get spotted and die

14. don't let ai units engage at will.. this is how most of them die

15. indirect fire support

16. smoke which actually obscures

17. ai use of smoke grenades when retreating

18. stop bleeding

19. surrendering ENY units

20. better animations and more animations and random animations when they have nothing to do/waiting/figiting

21. croutch (sp?) running

22. quick kill aiming

23. an animation where the ai is just looking with the gun up and when they are actually aiming and when they have their gun down when there's nothing to shoot at

24. ricocheting rockets/shells/bullets.. it'll improve tank combat

25. reporting of enemy between squads

Adding VOIP to sockets MP would be nice. Much more practical than Team Speak, etc.

forgive me if these things have been stated already, but browsing 8 pages in 56k isn't too nice

1. better tracers.. especially during night time

2. better animations

3. make troops react appropriatly in certain situations.. like in urban situations, having them crawl and stuff isn't too great.. and make the troops more aware of the area around them.. give them a greater field of vision or something

4. somehow get troops to use cover in urban

5. simulate suppression for ai troops and for the player (if a bullet comes in close, you shoot worse)

6. let arms and legs and hands be able to get blown off

7. bleeding

8. decals on buildings and bodies

9. backblast for rocket launchers

10. ringing in ears for explosions and deafening the sound

11. letting bright objects trail. Like looking at the sun, you see a tail when you move your eyes.. is this possible? if you can get this in, tracers would look awesome

12. get ai units to hide better

13. don't let ai units wander off infront of the squad and into the open just to find cover.. this is how they get spotted and die

14. don't let ai units engage at will.. this is how most of them die

15. indirect fire support

16. smoke which actually obscures

17. ai use of smoke grenades when retreating

18. stop bleeding

19. surrendering ENY units

20. better animations and more animations and random animations when they have nothing to do/waiting/figiting

21. croutch (sp?) running

22. quick kill aiming

23. an animation where the ai is just looking with the gun up and when they are actually aiming and when they have their gun down when there's nothing to shoot at

24. ricocheting rockets/shells/bullets.. it'll improve tank combat

25. reporting of enemy between squads

You know most of the things you've mentioned is already avaible in OFP, MOD's and scripts already do most of this.

STGN

Yes, I know that but I just want these things to be part of the game so that it doesn't need scripting or MODs to do all that

more things

ranging weapons

being wounded and just laying there and bleeding to death until a medic comes around and stops the bleeding.. and then get medivaced out

rucks

AI and you being able to carry 2 rifles or more rifles in a backpack or on their back (this is needed for snipers)

sorry if i sound like such a douche, requesting all of these things

is there any real point?? in suggesting anything for the development of AA....like i said earlier silly thread ...

the games probably 99% done and only needs a publisher.

i'd keep all your lovely suggestions for OFP2 as BIS may actually read thru them and take 1 or 2 of the nice ideas from them but i think you lot are just wasting your time suggesting stuff for AA which will just be a hopefully bugfree OFP with nicer soldiers and effects...

is there any real point?? in suggesting anything for the development of AA....like i said earlier silly thread ...

i'd keep all your lovely suggestions for OFP2 as BIS may actually read thru them and take 1 or 2 of the nice ideas from them but i think you lot are just wasting your time suggesting stuff for AA which will just be a hopefully bugfree OFP with nicer soldiers and effects...

Why not then rock.gif , they problably only expect to release it by the end of the year? And things could still be changed/replaced or improved, for example the pic with the unimog truck has missing transmission parts wich leads me to believe they havent reached a final version of ARAS.

Maybe not huge changes because this is more of an upgrade rather than a new game but still, for example they have replaced the soldier models, why not replace the weapons too rock.gif , wouldnt be that hard and quite worth it i think.

Or maybe they could add interiors to some of the old buildings, stuff like that smile_o.gif .

Flashbangs that bounce round corners and don't fall through the floor. Could you make AI upset by them.

Please sort out physics.

OFP was different from the beta demo that was released just 5 months before, IIRC that they really listened to community feedback. But you are right, major engine changes like a whole physics engine can't be suggested anymore, they're pretty much done now or they won't be in the game at all.

Ok, pls BIS....., implement the Squad.xml Feature from OFP to prevent "Squad Tag Faker" and also make it possible again to insert a Squad Logo !

This was one of the greatest/best feature in a multiplayer game.

Pls pls pls BIS blues.gif

WE NEED BETTER URBAN FIGHTING THINGS LIKE BETTER AI FIGHTING IN CITIES AND NO MORE GLITCHING THROUGH WALLS

May i suggest, assuming it hasn't been already:

A group savegame function, to be used in multiplayer. Especially in long coop missions, or CTI games that can last 8 hours or more. make it server-side optional, so if you want to maintain the ABSOLUTE pure-server realism, you can, or you can make it a bit more user-friendly and give the group a chance to save their spot if they are fatigued/in a crucial turning point in the mission.

I think it would be very useful. Set a limit to the number of saves if you like. Personally i think you should only be able to save a max of 3 times.

Hi, in my "Wish List" for the Armed Assault, OFP2 or whatever... this are some things that i'll like to see:

- Realistic ballistic values

* no more hit on target at 2000m with a M16A4

- AI not going through walls, buildings or other static objects

- AI capable of walk & drive in a town or a CQB enviroment

- Each vehicle with his own explosion/fire/smoke/dust script

*not something from hollywood or woollywood

- Each vehicle with his own destoyed/dammaged model

- Dismenberment of HEAT/HE/HE/ATM/Mine hitten units

*A nade in the head can hurt, but if it blows off... it hurts more

- Less zoom in the iron sighted weapons

- A good CQB recreation

- Detailed textures or .jpg support

- Less bugs in the textures, animated weapon parts

- Reload while walk or aim

- Better MP support for large number of troops/groups

* Can call for reinforcements, can make assaults usings various squads, sniper teams, armoured vehicles, CAS helos & planes; a 8 men squad & a M2A3 + a AH-64 it's not an assault, it's a shit.

That's what i'll like to see in the Armed Assault as new/implemented features, but well BIS... do what u can; we trust in you. Let's cu

P.D: Not only XML Squad textures Squad info; will be better for those of us that are not in a KK Klan the possiblity of can display a pic of our likeing as Squad pic apar of course... of be able of choose the face textures of our character, like also be able of play the SP Campaing using at least that face texture. For play a SP campaing using our choosen name for the character will be harder & the only way of bypass that will be to call our character in the intors/outros by his current rank, "hey yo", "soldier", "corporal", "sargeant", etc, etc, etc... if some one in BIS hear me... say hi to Suchei o/