Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

i'd love to see sheet lightning... stuff that forks out across the sky, but doesnt strike the ground... now THAT would be impressive smile_o.gif

I've also seen lightning and it also lights up the sky in OFP. I remember making a short mission at dark playing an infltration unit. When calling in the support of black BOH AH-64's I couldn't see them (without nightvision), but because of the lightning you could see them for a very short time. Awesome sight when you just see a short flah of hovering death smile_o.gif

When calling in the support of black BOH AH-64's I couldn't see them, but because of the lightning you could see them for a very short time. Awesome sight when you just see a short flah of hovering death smile_o.gif

the fact that these events aren't scripted make the entire picture even more awesome to watch smile_o.gif

i'd love to see sheet lightning... stuff that forks out across the sky, but doesnt strike the ground... now THAT would be impressive  smile_o.gif

YES! i was gonna say that, but i was afraid id get 20 people going "omg that is soo not common" and then BS on adn on about ultra super duper uber realisum.

but yes i agree... sheet lighting (i like that term, thought i was the only one to call it that) would be awesome.

there... its settled, BIS may i have your attention please... in OFP2 make the thunder storms more dramatic and scary with more lightning strikes, closers strikes, and the occasoinal sheet lightning.

(suppose id push my luck if i asked for a rare, easter egg typea thing where mabe if you watch a lightining storm long enough it would strike down (destroying) a tree close to you (within 100m of the player's location) would be too much to ask huh?)

(suppose id push my luck if i asked for a rare, easter egg typea thing where mabe if you watch a lightining storm long enough it would strike down (destroying) a tree close to you (within 100m of the player's location) would be too much to ask huh?)

*imagines OFP2 having a rule-based particle system*

pretty.... wow_o.gif

*imagines OFP2 having a rule-based particle system*

pretty....  wow_o.gif

*imagines being struck by lightning while almost on the end of a difficult mission in OFP2*

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo wink_o.gif

More realistic weather effects is indeed something we all want in OFP2. One thing i would for example is NO rain inside buildings. For some reason I find this very irritating.

Quote[/b] ]More realistic weather effects is indeed something we all want in OFP2. One thing i would for example is NO rain inside buildings. For some reason I find this very irritating.

me 2, would be cool on a nam island with it raining heavy and sitting in a small hut waching the rain tounge_o.gifblues.gif then wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]More realistic weather effects is indeed something we all want in OFP2. One thing i would for example is NO rain inside buildings. For some reason I find this very irritating.

me 2, would be cool on a nam island with it raining heavy and sitting in a small hut waching the rain tounge_o.gifblues.gif then wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

rule based particles could also be applied to rain...

*imagines OFP playing at 2 FPS*

aah... reminds me of the good old days... biggrin_o.gif

I wonder, IF it's possible, how to do it... if it could be done on O2, or the mission editor itself (designate an area of X square metres, set the height, you're done)

Harnu: Where did you take that last pic? I believe it's on Novaga near the "pit"...but im not sure. Can you tell me, I want to make a wallpaper version that I can use. Thanks

Harnu: Where did you take that last pic? I believe it's on Novaga near the "pit"...but im not sure. Can you tell me, I want to make a wallpaper version that I can use. Thanks

Yes, it is Nogova overlooking the ruins above Trosky. I took it either on the high point of the ridge in GE25 or GE26. It was probably the ridge in Gulf Echo 25.

You can download it here

Currently at a beta stage and lacks objects in places, I think the final version will be in the Northern Ireland mod along with loads more Islands by Planetscape based on the actual real life elevation of the country.