Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Pic

Nice one Matt Rochelle ----> My new Wallpaper! smile_o.gif

I had to strech it a bit though...you wouldn't have a 1280x1024 version would you?

thx ill see if i can make one.. smile_o.gif

when people make screenshots some of them look real because of the detail, can anyone tell me how they get that detail in there pictures? smile_o.gif

Pic

I had to strech it a bit though...you wouldn't have a 1280x1024 version would you?

when people make screenshots some of them look real because of the detail, can anyone tell me how they get that detail in there pictures? smile_o.gif

Probably they want to keep that secret, cause no-one would want that everyone else uses the same technique.

Pic

Probably they want to keep that secret, cause no-one would want that everyone else uses the same technique.

well that would be a shame.. ive tried everything in photoshop lol and the closest ive been is that picture in the quote above lmao sad_o.gif

it would be great if somebody did show me tounge_o.gif im soon to revel my campaign called "The End Of Days - Priory Of Sion" (some may guess what the story is about) and i want cool screenshots to show it off lol..

@ Matt Rochelle,

actually i prefer unedited pictures, because they show more what the engine is capable of

i try to use the picture thread as a reference how far i can enhance my gaming expirience by substituting the units used ingame

this gets harder though because off all the editing being done to the pictures, specially filters that are run once are often hard to spot

so i would really prefer a seperate thread for edited pictures

anyway, i decided that i will only present unedited pictures because of that (i dont consider removing crosshairs as editing in my sense though)

kind of the dogma 95 of the combat fotography thread wink_o.gif

my 2 cents

greets Honcho

@ Matt Rochelle,

actually i prefer unedited pictures, because they show more what the engine is capable of

i try to use the picture thread as a reference how far i can enhance my gaming expirience by substituting the units used ingame

this gets harder though because off all the editing being done to the pictures, specially filters that are run once are often hard to spot

so i would really prefer a seperate thread for edited pictures

anyway, i decided that i will only present unedited pictures because of that (i dont consider removing crosshairs as editing in my sense though)

kind of the dogma 95 of the combat fotography thread wink_o.gif

my 2 cents

greets Honcho

agree..

Of course i thinks okey to use dxdll and such, but not working with the screenshot.

so somebody feel for start a new thread with some "dogma" rules/guidelines..

@.gran-Q. :

that is exactly as i see it, i dont consider dxdll or any other software that works ingame while i play editing, the editing starts once the shot is taken and manipulated thru photoshop or any other software

greets Honcho

@.granQ.

BMP picture. Thermal sight?

thats what i planed to make it look like (or actually i was just fooling around in o2).

It works with some textures set to shining.

Gonna test more to see if i can get it work "nicer", make so engine, exhaust part lights up more and tracks not so much, might come another screen later..

@Nilz:

Nice Pictures, i believe they are all unedited?

i specially like the hyk winter soldiers and the tonal one

greets Honcho

@.granQ.

BMP picture. Thermal sight?

thats what i planed to make it look like (or actually i was just fooling around in o2).

It works with some textures set to shining.

Gonna test more to see if i can get it work "nicer", make so engine, exhaust part lights up more and tracks not so much, might come another screen later..

Nice work fella. Reminds me of TOGS.

@Nilz:

Nice Pictures, i believe they are all unedited?

i specially like the hyk winter soldiers and the tonal one

greets Honcho

Thanks!

I dunno what you mean by editing... but I just brightened them up and added a little contrast in Photoshop, that's all.

hi Nilz,

too bad too hear that you did edit the pictures,

like i posted a page earlier i like the idea of a

Dogma for Ofp Engine base Photography, going as far as

seperating edited pictures in an "edited pictures" thread

mainly because i try to use the Photography thread

as a measure as how far i can improve my playing experience

with high quality addons

this is not possible with the amount of edited pictures in

this thread

just to make my idea clear:

i dont consider any manipulation done ingame (dxdll) as editing

neither removing crosshairs, nor rezising or cuting

but any other manupulation i do consider editing,

specially the use of filters to manipulate the pictures

but dont get me wrong, i like your pictures, smile_o.gif

they just dont do me an good as far as comparison goes wink_o.gif

greets Honcho

ps:because of that i will only release unedited pictures from me

unedited, in the sense i just outlined

Very nice pics Nilz, I really like the winter pic, where did you take it and what time was it?

Also nice and decent editing!

wink_o.gif

Honchoblack, you should brighten up your pics, I really can't see anything on those pics, they're to dark for my pc.

MetalMalte, totaly OK to change the seize as long you dont the change the picture. Like use sharper effect in photoshop.

Nice pictures, if i only had the money for VBS..

@Honcho: Hmmm, I wouldn't say that brightening your pics up can be considered as editing... because pics taken in OFP are very dark in Windows

@Homer: Thanks! The winter pic was taken in Winter Nogojev, the time was 7:30 AM and the spot is near the barracks where the last mission of the original CWC campaign starts.

@Nilz and King Homer

that is very strange, and i ve been looking for a workarround for that, my screens show up fine under windows, that is why i saw no need to edit them, but somehow for everybody else they seem to dark

now the problem is that i cant see what the pictures look like on other systems, so editing them on my system would look really strange for me, since i dont now how much brithening should be applied

so it would be very nice of you, or anybody else to take a "dark" picture of mine an reedit it to the correct brightness on their system and pm the picture to me, or post it here

thanx in addvance

greets Honcho

edit:i dont get either why other peoples pictures dont seem to show up too bright under my windows, but on the other hand maybe they are ment to be darker

Screenshots taken from OFP come out at very different brightness/contrast rates when compared to ingame ones.

They somehow have different values and so the resulting screenshot for me is always a bit greyish or smudged out of colour , thats why i add a bit of bightness and contrast.

If anyone wants to see what OFP looks like they can see it ingame itself , screenshots need variety , i find this puritanical approach a bit too conservative. I mean in someof those uneditted pics one can hardly see anything properly , though i bet that wasnt the case when it was taken ingame(as ive explained above).

If anyone wants to see what OFP looks like they can see it ingame itself , screenshots need variety , i find this puritanical approach a bit too conservative. I mean in someof those uneditted pics one can hardly see anything properly , though i bet that wasnt the case when it was taken ingame(as ive explained above).

thats why i started a new thread. So edited pics go into one and those like me that prefer unedited pictures use this thread instead.

but the bas women don't have that colors, or am i wrong.

and what anim is it, homemade?

but the bas women don't have that colors, or am i wrong.

and what anim is it, homemade?

Umm, they do have those colors... they are under Civilians -> BAS - Men I think.

It's the backflip anim, made by Hunter.