Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Quote[/b] ]RED Posted on Jan. 16 2005,11:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We quit, no more ECP.

*Tunnel-vision fading, strength returning*

*back in chair*

Man, that was sadistic, don't make us send your new AI in to rough you up.. tounge_o.gif  (looking for 'search and abuse' waypoint)

And please wait 'till after release for the Earwig.. That would probably affect your QC in short order.  ghostface.gif

I was skit scared. Till i read later on that it was only a joke. My heart stopped for a moment there. sad_o.gif

Any Idea what month or perhaps year its gonna be out? I was hoping b4 spring 2006, i might have OFP2 then. wink_o.gif

I was skit scared. Till i read later on that it was only a joke. My heart stopped for a moment there. sad_o.gif

Any Idea what month or perhaps year its gonna be out? I was hoping b4 spring 2006, i might have OFP2 then. wink_o.gif

It's in the stage of stomping a few bugs now, you will certainly have it before OFP2.... smile_o.gif We can't give estimates, because you just never know what could come up, but it should not be to much longer.

damn u people are impatient rock.gif just wait, its not like u have any other choice wink_o.gif

damn u people are impatient rock.gif  just wait, its not like u have any other choice wink_o.gif

How about now. anything? LOL

Next person to ask if there's anything new, or ask for an update, or ask when it will be released can twiddle their thumbs on a 72 hour PR.

The ECP team will post when they have something to post, each time they reply to some inane question that's time taken away from working on ECP, time that delays the release of ECP.

Quote[/b] ]72 hour PR
hmm thats a bit 2 far..

anyways i just seen the 2nd lot of screenshots and .. and .. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif damm they look good...

plus im not impatient, i was just wondering..

Matt Rochelle blues.gif

As much as we want to release it to the public (and trust us we do smile_o.gif ), we also want to release a bug-free ECP. So just a little more patience, and you'll be playing with it before you know it.

Just take your time guys! We rather have a well-finished addon than one full with bugs. This addon has been worked on for a LONG time, so I don't really see the problem here. Even it would take you (for example) an other three months it wouldn't seriously bother me (this btw does not mean I don't want it tounge_o.gif ).

Keep up the good work guys!

I guess the LOL didn't indicate that I was joking. Oh well can't please everyone.

(72 hour pr)

What is Pr?

peach repetition?

Piss redness?

Predator Running?

Poo rick?

Huh?

Can you communicate yet the number of variants you are planned to release ?

(by variant i mean the different versions, the basic ones, the one with extra sounds, etc, etc.. )

(72 hour pr)

What is Pr?

peach repetition?

Piss redness?

Predator Running?

Poo rick?

Huh?

post restriction wink_o.gif

I still haven't had a reply about aircraft and AI. Any info?

I'm sorry mate, I must have missed the question.... if you can repeat it I'll do my best to answer it..

Just curious how does the new AI interact with piloting aircraft? I've always thought that AI controlled aircraft tend to fly too low and end up crashing eventually especially around tall buildings.

Since he's offline...there is his question. It was a couple pages back. Now do your best to answer it. biggrin_o.gif

Thanx Sn'D. Yes that was the question. maybe expand that to vehicles in general as well. Like to boats and ambhibious vehicles still have dificult dealing with bridges in the water etc.

Ya know what i would love to see but is probably not possible. A FRIKEN NON CLIPPING BUG. Cars drive through eachother, people walk through walls. That stuff is very hard to mission edit with. It really takes away the feel of urban combat.

I really hope that more AI will engage aircraft, especially helicopters in the new ECP - it was always strange in the original game to be able to fly over groups of enemy soldiers, gunposts and tanks without ever having to worry about them firing on you.

It would really add to the immersion if you were under fire from enemy ground forces, instead of just worrying about the odd shilka here and there. Having so many more units targetting you would obviously make things vastly more challenging, so it would be a good compromise to make enemy ground units who targetted your helo to be inaccurate shots.

Are there any plans for this type of change to the AI? I remember that there were a few helo addons released in the past which "attracted" the attention of enemy forces and were fired at, so I guess it is possible to implement to some degree, my fingers are crossed it has somehow been globally added via ECP ;)

Cant wait till this thing is released!

Ground forces do engage aircraft. When I made a Nam mission VC shot at my huey which was flying without any scripting... wink_o.gif