Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

I take it Gaurd waypoints will now be shelved? Seeing as how the ai will be able to comunicate between groups?

Anyone? smile_o.gif

We can't do that, that will make 90% of the mission out there unusable with ECP!

sad_o.gif Already for two days no updates of opening thread, why?

P.S.

I was specially registered to ask wink_o.gif

P.S.S.

Sorry for bad english... tounge_o.gif

But in a sence, having the ai comunicate inter group "is" a guard waypoint. I'm not saying that the guard waypoint wont work but will there be any reason to use them after this is released. Why have a static unit stand there in guard waiting for trouble when you could use move and cycle waypoints instead to get them on a patroll. When trouble brews ECP will let them know via the enemys comms right. I asume that if the group is set to engage at will it will head off to track down the enemy, just as it would have if it had a guard waypoint.

Basically what I'm trying to say is. Will I still need to use Guard waypoints or will freeing up the Ai's comms with ECP allow them to seek out enemy spotted by other ai units (like a Guard waypoint)

I hope that this is the case as I can't stand spotting a big twelve man group standing in the middle of nowhere in a giant wedge formation using the dodgy alert anim. It would be so much nicer to see them wandering about in a patroll of some sort. Hopefully the new ECP will allow for this.

From what I gathered before the communications between groups and units is to be optional and limited range. I have had instances in origional flashpoint where 2 separate groups close together will not act the same even when one group is under fire.

A guard waypoint will work over long distance, kinda of a cavalry support waypoint. A unit with a guard waypoint will also be assigned a target based on distance from the unit and strength of a unit.

Exactly, in one of my quick skirmish in the editor , i put an enemy squad in a guard position in Morton and another half the way to Levie with a guard waypoint.

After attacking the Morton squad, i began to leave Morton (i wanted to go to Levie) to just see the other squad coming to me.

As said, guard waypoints are still very much needed when using ECP, and the info sharing works quite well. Don't worry, there won't be anything introduced in ECP that makes missions unplayable, quite the contrary. smile_o.gif

is it even possible to add new types of waypoints? like a "patrol area" waypoint? (ofcource, then you would have to set a area the trigger should cover)

is it even possible to add new types of waypoints? like a "patrol area" waypoint? (ofcource, then you would have to set a area the trigger should cover)

That would make the missions require ECP, wouldn't it...

and?

missions for ECP biggrin_o.gif , plus you can do that already anyways.. make a move waypoint then a cycle waypoint ontop of it with the raduis as 1000 or what ever...

and?

missions for ECP plus you can do that already anyways.. make a move waypoint then a cycle waypoint onto of it with the raduis as 1000 or what ever...

damn, why didnt i come to think about that?

that IS a good idea and probably works biggrin_o.gif

and?

missions for ECP plus you can do that already anyways.. make a move waypoint then a cycle waypoint onto of it with the raduis as 1000 or what ever...

Your patroll will look the part but without a Switch trigger and an extra guard waypoint on the end, I'm afraid the guard unit wont budge from it's patrol (unless it spots something). That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the new ECP. From what I gather, it will allow you to have your defined patrol route, but at the same time the patrol will be able to listen in on other friendly units and visa versa, in essence, creating a patrol unit with the properties of a guard unit.

Man, I'm ready for this thing.  What happened?  How about that 2nd video, at least?

We quit, no more ECP.

RED

That is one of the most cruel joke i ever read.

My heart was just near to break.

biggrin_o.gif

Man, I'm ready for this thing.  What happened?  How about that 2nd video, at least?

We quit, no more ECP.

RED

crazy_o.gif aaah, call 911/112 or what ever.......... *drops near-dead on the floor*

*arrives at heaven-international airport and meets the airport-Angel;*

Frost: "hey, dude. Can you show me which way to go?"

Angel: "sure, just take the big blue bird to go to heaven"

Frost: "I don't want to go to heaven I want to play the ECP mod"

Angel: "You too? Man, I'm a fan of it too. Unfortunately God doesn't like it, but me and Jezus can't wait for it to be released. But what are you doing here if you don't want to go to heaven?"

Frost: "Some guy Red made a bad joke about them quiting ECP. I had a heart-attack and died"

Angel: "No kidding? Man, if I ever meet that guy I'll sent him to wrong bird. Jokes like that are no fun!"

Frost: "So how do I get back down there?"

Angel: "Don't worry, just take that small bird standing near Hanger 75B. That one will take you back"

Frost: "OK! Thanks pall. Perhaps we'll meet again in MP"

Angel: "Looking forward to fragging you ass, dude. Good luck down there!"

*back on earth*

Don't EVER scare me like that again Red! Those things are not funny!

Sorry for the bad joke guys, as punishment, I will insert this carnivorous earwig into my brain.

The ECP is still going strong, we are sorry for the deals, but we won't release it until we have made sure there are no nasty bugs le

I didn't take it to seriously. I noticed a while back that you ECP people "have a sense of humor". A wierd one at that. tounge_o.gif I'll only take seriously when you say release, because you don't seem to make that joke....yet.

A request for a second video. Don't add music, I'd like to hear the DR sounds with the video. If possible maybe some of that improved AI stuff.