Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Well if you everybody wants a release dat sooo badly, I'll tell ya all.... naaah I wont. tounge_o.gif

But if u want things to go faster, there is one way you can help:

Komuna is really working hard on the current dev, but RL is a real biatch! I can tell u one thing Uni sux!

So all we have to do is get Komuna to stop Uni, which means collecting a lot of money, so he won't need to get a real job! crazy_o.gif

Ofcourse this will should include a nice pension fund & a post ECP plan, which will insure he gets food when we quit.

*Hmm me likes Grolsch* wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

About a replacement config coming with the ecp: it is a possibility because i have a replacement config made by red.

He send it to me for some testing about 1/1.5 years ago but it never followed trough...that's primarily because of Y2K3 at that time i think...but with al these quallity replacements i don't think they will put in the time to reinvent the wheel.... wink_o.gif

That's what EECP is, replaces all the units and it uses the ECP core.

lol.  Grolsch tastes good, smells like a skunk though biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure spring/summer will see a bunch of great stuff come out as more devs have the time to put the polish on.  Take your time Komuna (as long as you are studing game programming and adaptive networks to further the OFP empire)

tounge_o.gif

ECP team, u guys are too modest and humble to call your upgrade 1.7, cos what u are providing to the community, together with the latest developements in addons by other talented artists like tomiD, footmuch, CSLA, FDF, RHS,Pappy, flashX, kegetys, spetznaz, civilwarmod, etc...........wat u have may well be BEYOND what BIS has planned for ofp2!  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Gotta agree with phil here !!!

I'm willing to bet that the reason OFP2 is gettin delayed and delayed for what seems like forever is because there's so many unbelievably talented people like all the guys phil mentioned and more releasing just so much amazing stuff without ANY funding whatsoever.

I reckon BIS are kinda worried... they gotta totally outdo everything that's been released so far by so-called "amateurs"... Now no doubt they WILL.... but that kindof programming takes major time... Like... take these guys doing stuff like ECP... they're coding s*** that just totally blows us away... imagine what's involved...

1) in coming up with the only game I know of that's still got a huge following 4+ years after it's initial release (due mostly to the crazed geniuses like ECP, BAS et al...

and...

2) improving it!!!

BIS have put their release back by over a year!

the ECP dudes are a bunch of clever guys doing things in their spare time! They've got big ideas and I bet they do them too! And I don't grudge them a month or two if thats what it takes...

I'm at Uni too and the best I've come up with in my limited spare time was a lousy Monacle eyeglass addon for WWII mods so we could all look like Yul Brynner (if we shaved our heads biggrin_o.gif ) (but Hey! I'm an archaeologist so I'm allowed to look at computers and play dumb!)

Just be happy BIS don't have the cash Microsoft can call on, otherwise Keg, all the ECP dudes, Pappy, the BAS guys and a whole raftload of others would already be hired (they deserve it) and we'd be waiting to PAY for the latest ECP !!!

Enough ranting from me... time to relax, play a mission (anyone tried Trip2Hell3 rock.gif It's TOUGH with only 2 real peepz!) and let the guys do what they do best...

See u all under a bush sometime...

Yaks Grolsh crazy_o.gif

I like Heineken & Oranjeboom wink_o.gif

You guys have a bad taste tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

RL is indeed more importent remember all everyone that make addons do it as a hobby we dont get paid for making addons wink_o.gif

MAy I just ask..

1. WHAT the freak is Grolsch?

2. What is uni?

Thnx! smile_o.gif

@bushlurker

I never thought of it that way...well said man!

uni=university

grolsch? dunno (in my opinion senseless, or an exclamation, who knows)

lol grolsch is a beer , you can buy it in the nederlands and belgium.

Its quite good , but i prefer Rothaus Pils (southern german beer)

Yea back to the topic - WHEN WILL ECP BE RELEASED?! biggrin_o.gif

Curse you guys - im subscribed for this topic, so every time you post alot my e-mail gets bombarded with notifications, so i quickly rush in here to see if lots of posts means ECP was released, and every time im disappointed tounge_o.gif

What about that "watch this space" picture on the 1st page of this thread? is it supposed to show a special feature or just another screenshot? and if its not a feature, why wont you take that screenshot already? im positively sure you can deliver a nice shot even with the mod still on testing phase smile_o.gif

The watch this space pictures (there is a text spot to...), means that there may be a new picture showing a new feature there at one point... Zay pops in every now and then and updates them.

Further to my post on the ECP offerings, i was impressed with an almost endless list of enhancements over ofp1 and to some extent, far beyond the eye candy training simulator VBS.

Despite the years and definately more funds for research and developement, with some of the best guys from ofp mods joining BIS, the lastest offering they could muster is A.A.R -

After Action Review - pardon me, i am not highly educated, but isnt it just a fanciful name for a cam script link to fraps concept?

Although free ofp addons can be made playerable in vbs, but vbs addons cannot be played in ofp, i have no question of fairness over it, for VBS is not a game but a simulator for real troops and may save lives in the real battlefied, i think the ofp addonmakers did a wonderful job by making vbs popular too, and would not begrudge VBS the money they earned, even though i see nothing contributed back to the ofp community. (c'mon, throw the loyal dogs a bone!!!!tounge_o.gif )

After Rastovich, BAS and several guys left for vbs, i thought it was the end for ofp1, but i can only thank there are still far-thinking and even more amazing guys like ECP team,pappy and many others here in this community. All the best! ( and please release ECP before VBS rope u in!!!!   wow_o.gif No loss to vbs coz if u folks can come out with these, when hired full time with access to the core engine, u guys would be even capabable to do much much more! No other game in this world can compete against an international team like vbs anymore.)

Despite the years and definately more funds for research and developement, with some of the best guys from ofp mods joining BIS, the lastest offering they could muster is A.A.R -

After Action Review - pardon me, i am not highly educated, but isnt it just a fanciful name for a cam script link to fraps concept?

Hi PC !

Well, as far as I know, AAR is a real report with a full debriefing, not only a video replay of the mission. I read that it includes and traces on the map the movements of all troops, who fired a gun, with what efficiency... It gives the overall performance for each side, as compared to OFP that only tells you who you killed, and who died in your squad. It may not seem so much of a revolution, but it is pretty useful.

edit: By the way, is anybody able to script something similar, or is it too complicated to even think of it ? I'm able to tell ingame what the losses are on each side, but can not export it to debriefing...

Regarding talented addon makers being hired by some games companies, I'm very glad for them, cause this is what many seek ! On the other hand, this doesn't kill the community, in fact I even believe it stimulates it: their absence opens the way for new addon makers. And if these people can help BIS or BIA making even better games, well, I couldn't be less happy biggrin_o.gif It would be sad, cause this time we would have to pay for the insane quality people like ECP, Kegety's, OFrP, BAS, UKF, DKM (and so many more !) put into their usually free addons. I've been playing OFP since Day 1 of this community, and I would pay without any doubt.

Thanks all addon makers ! We love you  tounge_o.gif

hmmm... rock.gif

anyways cant wait for this so called 2nd trailer tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]anyways cant wait for this so called 2nd trailer tounge_o.gif

I can't wait for the main thing tounge_o.gif

*Starts drooling*

biggrin_o.gif

hi Malick,

Thanks for your reply on the AAR. Dont get me wrong, it is a significant achievement from the original VBS and no matter how small or non-revolutionary some may think it is, kudos to the team that thought it up. Every little step will expand the universe of vbs, the way a simple light addon started by snypir 4 urs back led the way to today's community....futhermore AAR is not as simple as the light addon, definately a tremendous leap of creativity ahead for till today no one create something like it here.

Perhaps i was thinking that with such a talented team that is presently in placed, there would be more expansion than just AAR, but i guess revolution needs time. All the best to them although financial gain and bottomline is important, still, i believe vbs will save more lives, friend or foe for all soldiers are humans and brothers, its only the top men who commands and influence others oughta slug it out themselves. Cheers smile_o.gif

Hello,

I'm sorry if this question was asked here before - but I'd like to know if this new ECP is gonna be some kind of challenge to the WGL mod? 'cause when reading the ECP changelog I doubt it much sad_o.gif

Does it always has to be that we have to choose between realistic and goodlooking gameplay? I get the strange feeling that VBS1 is the only solution - or maybe I'm wrong?

Kind regards,

voodzia

ps.

Please excuse me my English - it's all my fault - don't blame my English teacher ;)

Hi.

2 ECP team:

I recall that in the last stable version of ECP there was a flies sound over and around corpses (dead bodies). But where was not flies, just sound.

Is it possible to incorporate void_false' flies addon (under development) into new ECP version? So we'll have flies sound and flies itself around corpses.

Thanks for you hard work.

Could I recommend against that, just so we could have the product in our hands already? Perhaps you could incorportate that into the NEXT next update.

Reggy

What did I tell 'yall ~t-t~ brought out a new y2k3 biggrin_o.gif

it is now up to version 7! and I think this is reason enough to believe that the new ecp will be incorporated wink_o.gif

Greetzzz biggrin_o.gif

I hope Pappy eventually makes a Y2K3 with this new ECP version (when it comes out).

Y2K3 Version 7 looks great (been playing it all night), but it still suffers from some big short-comings inherent with the OFP engine.  Ie., terrible AI, etc.  I hope the new ECP fixes some of those flaws and will eventually be incorportated into the good-looking Y2K3 mod.

Of course, I'm the cynic that has been saying "we'll be lucky to see the new ECP in January"...

Next prediciton:  We wont see the new ECP in Feb!

Hope I'm wrong...

I hope Pappy eventually makes a Y2K3 with this new ECP version (when it comes out).

I doubt that he will incorporate it since he has professed to "hate" ECP.

1.075 will be along soon enough. I think it will be worth the wait.

Quote[/b] ]I doubt that he will incorporate it since he has professed to "hate" ECP.

I'm not sure why he would hate it.  The default AI in Op. Flashpoint was fine when the game first came out.  However, after people have been playing it for years, as well as making improvements to units/weapons/graphics, not to mention general computer hardware improvement...well, the original Flashpoint AI sucks.  Anything you guys can do to improve it is definately a welcome addition.

Quote[/b] ]1.075 will be along soon enough. I think it will be worth the wait.

I know you are working for free, in your own time off.  You dont have to answer to anyones deadlines, we all cant wait to play it. It comes out when it f-ing comes out, end of story.