Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Yeah , that won't be interesting if the cartridges won't stay on the ground , hmm , I'll try to do some modifications to make them visible a few moment and disappear after 2 or 3 minutes

Shouldn't you be able to do that by setting

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

DissapearAtContact=0

TimeToLive=120

rock.gif

Strange, because Sniperwolf suggestion is exactly what you need to keep the bullet for a specific time (that you can change yourself) and not disappear as soon as they touch the ground.

Very strange , some cartridges rebound when they touch the ground and others disappear , I really don't understand crazy_o.gif

Edit : I've discovered an important thing , when you open the nmod to see the model of the cartridge by using Pbox , one can see that's possible to do only a ROTATION , but it's impossible to make move the .p3d o, after that I've opened with Pbox the cartridge model 5.56 of the West pack , one can see you that's possible to do a ROTATION and to make move the cartridge too...maybe it's one of the reasons that the cartridge doesn't stay on the ground when one try to replace bis one ?? rock.gif

Good news

Fixed biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] class FxCartridge:ThingEffect

{

model="\wse_west\misc\wse_556_shell.p3d";

displayName="";

submerged=0;

submergeSpeed=0;

timeToLive=300;

disappearAtContact="false";

};

wink_o.gif

Worked very well for me when i did

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class FxCartridge:ThingEffect

{

model="\wse_west\misc\wse_556_shell.p3d";

//default was model="nabojnice";

displayName="$STR_DN_FX_CARTRIDGE";

submerged=0;

submergeSpeed=0;

timeToLive=200;

disappearAtContact=0;

};

I don't understand why it did not worked for you earlier.

0 or false should be exactly (no need of the " " ) the same.

Remember that a model maker can define the mass/weight of the object in the .p3d , responsible of their bumpy behaviour (it occured that some of those custom bullets touched the ground and then moved to near 2/3m in the air before touching again the ground)

Are we looking at several more months before release?

Really soon has been the message fr 2 months now...

Quote[/b] ]Are we looking at several more months before release?

Really soon has been the message fr 2 months now...

What is difficult is the combination of 2 elements :

1st element : RL , the infamous real life that prevent to dedicace all the time to work on and is often responsible of several delay , or worse full stop.

2nd element : Murphy , the infamous laws that are making all what you think working leading to create problems in another sector you are working on.

And usually, you don't want to let Murphy in the middle of your work or you will recieve so more complaints stating -with reasons- that there are lots of bugs that you will be forced to hide in an ivory tower , cut from any internet access to be able to sleep correctly.

So it is not surprising that the delay is more long that we , the players, were expecting as i am convinced that the ECP developers expected to release their 1.075 sooner but met Murphy and RL in their ways.

and that is the same with all mod/addon/others makers of the OFP modding community

Like Sanctuary said, RL is paying its toll on the release date. But don't worry, it is being worked on. (I sound like a broken record, don't I?)

Hi all,

sorry about the wait. We have met a few snags but the project is still going as planned. It is as Sanctuary stated, RL has hit us and caused some delays. We did intend to release at a much earlier date, that is why we posted in the A&M complete forum.

So, until further notice please assume the following:

1) We are still working on the project.

2) No further features are being added that we did not intend to add when this thread started.

3) We have not met any brick walls, all known bugs to date have been squashed or are under our boot.

4) We still intend to release "soon".

Now, before you ask how soon? Soon = "Soon"

I am not going to say months for it may only be days. That is why the opening thread has not been altered. The fact of the matter is that certain team sections are held up due to RL and as a result other sections are on standby.

The team can not give you any more information about a release date than they already have. I suggest the best use of this thread is to discuss further code enhancements that the community would like to see in future ECP releases.

The opening thread updates has not finished, we have not shown all the goodies yet so do stay tuned wink_o.gif

Cheers guys smile_o.gif

Zay

Quote[/b] ]Zayfod Posted on Feb. 22 2005,20:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before you ask how soon? Soon = "Soon"

I am not going to say months for it may only be days.

I'm gettin' in line now, before it gets too long...

*sets up tent*

*hauls in recliner & fridge full o' munchies*

*upgrades DSL connection*

Take your time, we'll be waiting.   biggrin_o.gif

One proposal : Just keep up the great work wink_o.gif

Done. biggrin_o.gif Again, thanks for the support guys, and not complaining about the release being a little slow. Really shows what a great community this is... smile_o.gif

One proposal : Just keep up the great work  wink_o.gif

Done.  biggrin_o.gif  Again, thanks for the support guys, and not complaining about the release being a little slow.  Really shows what a great community this is...  smile_o.gif

You guys remember me of the BAS team.

1. You are very talented in what you are doing

2. You work on it with great enthusiasm and endurance and

I would even say in "a professional way"

3. You have very clear and good working team structures

4. You don't release anything before you're not sure it mets

the quality standards you want to achieve

5. You keep saying it's beeing released when it's done  biggrin_o.gif

I ONLY HOPE THAT YOU'LL STICK WITH OFP AND DON'T WANDER OFF TO VBS1!!

PS. I wonder how old the team members are that are working for ECP team. Can you give us some info about that?

Hello to the awesome ECP team biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I suggest the best use of this thread is to discuss further code enhancements that the community would like to see in future ECP releases.

Regarding the ECP bullet whiz. I love this feature, but I never hear it when using JAM ammo.

Looking at the scripts, it would seem that the various JAM bullets need to be added to the ECP_sound_bulletarray. Does that sound right? I could send you a list of the JAM bullet names if you like.

Cheers & good luck,

Cornhelium

There was an updated version of JAM 2 released in the last 6 months that fixed the bullet whizz by. I have a feeling that Avon had something to do with the fix and that it was only a couple of typos that prevented the sounds from playing.

Doing a quick serch but nothing cropped up yet...

Hehe - no mate, I found those typos. That fixed the persistent sound for each bullet that was missing (like with the standard BIS bullet), but ECP adds an extra "static" sound near the player when a bullet passes by, which sounds much better.

These ECP whizzes don't trigger with JAM ammo, and I think the answer is to add the JAM bullet types to the ECP_sound_bulletarray in their script.

Cheers,

CH

Regarding the ECP bullet whiz....

Looking at the scripts, it would seem that the various JAM bullets need to be added to the ECP_sound_bulletarray. Does that sound right?  I could send you a list of the JAM bullet names if you like.

Thanks mate,

1.075 has it sorted.  wink_o.gif

Weapon/ammo names are no longer required. ECP determines projectile type and applies the effect when needed  smile_o.gif .

Constantly adding bullet names to update ECP for new addons was one of my big worries in the past. So we made ECP a bit smarter.

Great to see people with a good insight to the ECP workings. This is what we need more of!

Zay  smile_o.gif