Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Release the pain....... Invision-Board-France-140.gif

biggrin_o.gif I love that smily!!

Keep up the good work guys. I'm sure it will be released when it's completely done and I don't even want it before that.

biggrin_o.gif I love that smily!!

Keep up the good work guys. I'm sure it will be released when it's completely done and I don't even want it before that.

yeah, who wants a project in wich the shellcasings don't even randomly spin... *sigh* sad_o.gif

They need a 'pout' smiley for when you beg 'pretty pretty please'  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]NikoTak Posted on Mar. 14 2005,12:19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release the pain.......  

Feel the burn!  No pain no gain!  Buck-up little camper (and other insipid quotes) biggrin_o.gif

Happy to wait for something so polished.  Though I'm starting to believe you all are having sooo much fun "beta testing"

*Does bad impression of Dr. Evil saying "LASER"*

that you can't find the time to release it to the rest of the world!  wow_o.gif  ghostface.gif

Don't piss'em off or they won't release it at all! tounge_o.gif j/k

yeha that docter ssmilie is funny whered you get it?

is it me or does that sound really bad biggrin_o.gif maybe me and my sick 16 year old mind smile_o.gif

I was just joking. Like almost everyone here: I don't want to see a bugged ECP to be released.

For the smiley, you can find plenty here: http://yelims.free.fr/YELIMS.htm

Just click the smiley you want and copy the code given in the bottom of the page. Invision-Board-France-04.gif

Quote[/b] ]NikoTak Posted on Mar. 14 2005,20:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just joking. Like almost everyone here: I don't want to see a bugged ECP to be released.

Oh, we know you were joking..  It was funny as hell. biggrin_o.gif

And thanks for the smiley link Coucou21.gif

yeah i was making joke to but it didnt come out that well wink_o.gif

ECP 1.075 is the biggest swindle from Duke Nukem Forever. Does anybody still believe that it wil be released?

Are you going to have to pay a penny for it when it gets released?

No.

The ECP team's working on this in their spare time as a hobby. They're not working on it full-time, and we're not paying them a penny to do so. They're doing it because they enjoy doing it and want to release it into the community for free. So until the day you're paying them to do this or the day they actually owe you a single fucking thing, keep your stupid-arsed comments to yourself.

With ungrateful tossers like you in the community, it's no wonder so many addon teams and mods quit or disappear.

i second that kooky, you said what needed to be said, ppl need automatic PR's for being ungreatful like that mad_o.gif

Are you going to have to pay a penny for it when it gets released?

No.

The ECP team's working on this in their spare time as a hobby. They're not working on it full-time, and we're not paying them a penny to do so. They're doing it because they enjoy doing it and want to release it into the community for free. So until the day you're paying them to do this or the day they actually owe you a single fucking thing, keep your stupid-arsed comments to yourself.

With ungrateful tossers like you in the community, it's no wonder so many addon teams and mods quit or disappear.

No Need to be so "Fucking" rude... why do u have to use bad lanuage.. just shows what kind of person u are... and its also people like u who make people disappear.

yes there should be a PR for people who use bad lanuage... mad_o.gif

anyways... yes its bad to say something like he did but.. its been so long since the start of the topic but yes..

and.. they are only taking there time because they want to release it bug free.. biggrin_o.gif

they are only taking there time because they want to release it bug free.. biggrin_o.gif

That's something that software makers should consider. ;)

Thanks for the support guys! wink_o.gif

I don't think any of us really worry about these kind of remarks.

Quote[/b] ]macho_man_mathijs Posted on Mar. 15 2005,17:28

I don't think any of us really worry about these kind of remarks.

Thanks for mentioning that.  You know how many people appreciate the ECP teams work and, of course, how much humor we have at your expense  wink_o.gif.  Even if it goes misunderstood - or a bit off color,  it rarely is meant to cause harm.  Those who feel the need to guard against such unrulyness should follow the example, it would lead to less flame wars, offtopics, and resentful feelings.

OK- back on topic!

Do you have the time tell us drooling knaves what you think the most fun feature (listed on the first post, of course) of the beta test is? (Just a tidbit, if squashing bugs can BE fun)

I don't wanna be rude or anything but is this countdown ever gonna end?

It looks like a countdown to exctinction. rock.gif

Yes, I wasn't paying attention.

I don't wanna be rude or anything but is this countdown ever gonna end?

It looks like a countdown to exctinction. rock.gif

Yes, I wasn't paying attention.

We'll call this a hickup tounge_o.gif . At the time the thread was created... we believed release was extremely close.. but with nearly all things OFP bugs popped up, then things came up...

Quote[/b] ]ECP 1.075 is the biggest swindle from Duke Nukem Forever. Does anybody still believe that it wil be released?

If I was a betting man... I'd have quite a bit of money against you... wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

lol.

the nicer something is the more impatient people get for it.

and that's perhaps the most sincere measure of a projects appeal.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

in RL once I was was QA engineer for a certain humongous UberCorp. We released the latest and greatest toy with much fanfare. Two days later we had to pull it and recertify the entire mess on an emergency rush case because an idiotic competitor started screaming that it was certain death. The only problem was PEBKAC as they had not bothered to read the README or practice proper security proceedures. Unlike games like Flashpoint, in RL, billions of dollars can swing in on screwups like that.

Anyway, of course stuff comes up. With miracles as cool as ECP, bugs are bound to show up. The fact that the team is taking it seriously enough to dedicate the personal time needed to get it done right and get it out the door is far and away commendable. Anybody who's followed their work or experience will know that they're not the wild-eyed noobs that PS in tons of crap then disappear. Considering the OFP community has been actively developing for almost as long as DNF has been spammed on the market there really is no comparison. Unless you're insinuating that you've had DNF since ~2 years ago, in which case you'd be facing a PR for bringing a war3z chat on the boards here. wink_o.gif

The people not complaining are those that actually know what the process of a project like this involves. There's also the non-trivial major subsystems, and the concurrent EECP development as well. Not exactly small potatoes there, and thank you for doing it.

-edit-

I was looking for a Dilbert comic from a while back which shows the effect that "real code" has on the babbling zombies, but I believe this will suffice:

Inclassable105.gif

they are only taking there time because they want to release it bug free.. biggrin_o.gif

That's something that software makers should consider. ;)

Yeah, though if MS would start doing that we'd never get a new Windows version...

tounge_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Waiting for it, though I'm not actually sure what I am waiting... I guess I should just d/l the video.

Okay!!! okay!!! just leave me alone ECP team.... I'll test your mod... yeeaa i'll do it for free... but only THIS TIME! yea send it to me, and i'll tell you if its any good... just stop bugging me about it...

[i hope reverse psychology works on these guys smile_o.gif]

Hello,

here again since june 2001, plz tell me the dowload link for the current version of ecp addon!

thx