Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Guest jacobaby
Well, we all pretty much agree that we want to see new high quality editions of the game's original Russian equipment.

How does the BAS Blackhawk stand up to say the DKM's MI28?

I couldnt agree less Avon.

I would like to see higher quality versions of the out dated russian equipment that has been sold around the world.

But unless somebody can point out something that I am missing, I can see not much point accuracy wise in producing modern russian equipment.

The original flashpoint is based on 1985, the height of the cold war, where russia and the US were a veritable threat to each other.

But for all these modern units which are being produced, I see NO need whatsover for modern Russian equipment. The existing "enemies" of the western world are in the main using old and outdated Russian equipment (ak47, RPG-7, PK etc) and in some cases outdated US equipment. I have lots of footage of the current conflict that russia is engaged in, and in the majority of cases it seem they too are using older weaponry and armour against the Chechyn forces.

For a realistic scenario, 21st century style, my personal opinion is that the efforts would be better spent making high quality realistic Tango and OPFOR units for the western ones to fight against. Maybe some really nice quality arabs, or africans or Koreans/chinese etc.

In regard to the african forces especially, the units would need modelling in all kinds of outfits, but not done as civilians, rather as EAST side.

Having one side with more powerful equipment does not bother me too much, as it reflects reality. A realistic co-op mission can be set up using simply superior numbers of OPFOR, rather than equal weaponry, and Co-op is what OFP MP was made for really.

As far as CTI maps go, then a more credible "enemy" for western forces could be some high quality chinese/korean addons, complete with sophisticated air force and assets.

The difficulty there is finding high quality data to base the equipment on..

Just my thoughts.........

And that match between the DAP and the Mi28 of DKM is pretty even, or it was last time i tried as a purely fantasy exercise......

TJ

Well, we all pretty much agree that we want to see new high quality editions of the game's original Russian equipment.

I would like to see higher quality versions of the out dated russian equipment that has been sold around the world.

Well then we do tend to agree. I meant current upgraded versions of the Hind and similar. I didn't mean the same machine and weapons as existed in 1985.

Obi Wahn @ Aug. 15 2003,12:11)]That's f*** me! Deboarding with Desync... wink_o.gif

I've seen this happen to the Littlebirds and even BIS choppers... I think it's more of a network problem: your machine thinks you are still higher than the chopper actually is on the server (or whoever is controling the machine). Then an position update comes in while you are getting out and the chopper is suddenly below you...

But unless somebody can point out something that I am missing, I can see not much point accuracy wise in producing modern russian equipment.

The original flashpoint is based on 1985, the height of the cold war, where russia and the US were a veritable threat to each other.

But for all these modern units which are being produced, I see NO need whatsover for modern Russian equipment. The existing "enemies" of the western world are in the main using old and outdated Russian equipment (ak47, RPG-7, PK etc) and in some cases outdated US equipment. I have lots of footage of the current conflict that russia is engaged in, and in the majority of cases it seem they too are using older weaponry and armour against the Chechyn forces.

For a realistic scenario, 21st century style, my personal opinion is that the efforts would be better spent making high quality realistic Tango and OPFOR units for the western ones to fight against. Maybe some really nice quality arabs, or africans or Koreans/chinese etc.

In regard to the african forces especially, the units would need modelling in all kinds of outfits, but not done as civilians, rather as EAST side.

Having one side with more powerful equipment does not bother me too much, as it reflects reality. A realistic co-op mission can be set up using simply superior numbers of OPFOR, rather than equal weaponry, and Co-op is what OFP MP was made for really.

As far as CTI maps go, then a more credible "enemy" for western forces could be some high quality chinese/korean addons, complete with sophisticated air force and assets.

And that match between the DAP and the Mi28 of DKM is pretty even, or it was last time i tried as a purely fantasy exercise......

TJ

I dunno about that, personally I like playing the Russians and would love to see more modern equipment for them. Of course I don't play the Russians half as much as I could because of the lack of modern Russian equipment. And partly because of them annoying accented voices. When RHS's T55 pack and their T90/T80 pack (it was T80/T90 wasn't it?) comes out I will be playing more on the Russian side than on the "NATO side" But needless to say we need other in between units for the Russians to shoot on aswell. Like Chechen rebels, Chinese army units or what have you. Since we don't need to have a 100% realistic plot for missions and or campaigns. All we need for that is the history that has already been written and a bit of imagination added to that.

Obi Wahn @ Aug. 15 2003,12:11)]That's f*** me! Deboarding with Desync...  wink_o.gif

I've seen this happen to the Littlebirds and even BIS choppers... I think it's more of a network problem: your machine thinks you are still higher than the chopper actually is on the server (or whoever is controling the machine). Then an position update comes in while you are getting out and the chopper is suddenly below you...

nah i had this bug with the UH-60 in the mission editor while disembarking i appeared on top biggrin_o.gif

TJ

i agree totally dude

even though us is very powerful doesnt mean they dont die

it just means they have high technology to lower the casulties and complete the mission easier

russia is still down on its economy so i think its gonna b a while till they start fully upgrading theyre units though they have some projects like the new t90 but i think they just dont have the funds to add a decent number to theyre armed forces

the music of cassandra g is a bit weird if you ask me, i usually like electro-trance-techno stuff but this is a bit weird lol crazy_o.gif

I normally don't like this elektro-trance-dance-whatsoever music but I like cassandra gs song, and like everytime there always will be people that like and other people that don't like things, so the music thing is just personal favor smile_o.gif

Sorry, but I have to totally disagree...

I like seeing modern Russian equipment, and I think there are many people who enjoy them, too, especially Russians.

Well, taking your arguments, there is no need for a F22 Raptor or a RAH66 Comanche, but they were made, though they are not in use (at least officially).

So let's stop this "I think there should be less INSERT_YOUR_TYPE addons but more INSERT_ANOTHER_TYPE addons."

You should know better, since you are bombarded by requests.

1Q: Will you at BAS not release the addons as AAE?

I remember you saying that somewhere  rock.gif

when 1.92 will be released

AAE is garbage. I don't see the point of it, any mongoloid with half a brain could figure out how to drag and drop a .pbo file in the "addons" folder.

Quote[/b] ]AAE is garbage. I don't see the point of it, any mongoloid with half a brain could figure out how to drag and drop a .pbo file in the "addons" folder.
Well, since we STILL see people who think that "read-me"-file is french for "ignore-me"-file, I wouldn't be suprised to see a mongoloid with no brain at all wink_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

Back to the blackhawks.

Maybe I can start to point out some of the finer features..

Did you notice the modelled wirecutters for instance?

Did you notice that when it burns, you dont get that annoying "splash" of light like with a standard fireplace any more.

Did you notice that though the interior and cabin lighting uses a "fire" simulation, you DONT get the "put out fire" actions in your menu?

Did you notice the scaled casings on the guns? And the smoke on firing rockets?

Did you try flying from the desert to the snowy mountains in nogova yet?

The way BAS deltas and rangers lower their goggles before embarking/disembarking?

The way can you call a hot or safe extraction? (red/green smoke)

and theres more......

TJ

Guest jacobaby
AAE is garbage. I don't see the point of it, any mongoloid with half a brain could figure out how to drag and drop a .pbo file in the "addons" folder.

AAE is a good idea. Just a little late in taking shape.

As for half brains, you should see our mailbox tounge_o.gif

TJ

Back to the blackhawks.

Maybe I can start to point out some of the finer features..

Did you notice the modelled wirecutters for instance?

Did you notice that when it burns, you dont get that annoying "splash" of light like with a standard fireplace any more.

Did you notice that though the interior and cabin lighting uses a "fire" simulation, you DONT get the "put out fire" actions in your menu?

Did you notice the scaled casings on the guns? And the smoke on firing rockets?

Did you try flying from the desert to the snowy mountains in nogova yet?

The way BAS deltas and rangers lower their goggles before embarking/disembarking?

The way can you call a hot or safe extraction? (red/green smoke)

and theres more......

TJ

i noticed all of thoes ;) including the little hook uve added on the side

AAE is a good idea. Just a little late in taking shape.

As for half brains, you should see our mailbox  tounge_o.gif

TJ

i think aae is an early testing method to have additional content for ofp xbox

Stalker @ Aug. 13 2003,15:14)]Guys I thing you must return to old fastrope anims. Theese one you have in Blackhawk loor worse. IMO.

u must b kidding right????i dont know wat imo stands for so dunno if ur kidding.....

No I wasn't kidding. I was just saying my oppinion.

I'd just like to see corrected versions of the Soviet equipment. Everytime I see that BIS Mi24 armed with a 30mm cannon instead of the 12.7mm gatling, I cringe. crazy_o.gif

I'd just like to see corrected versions of the Soviet equipment. Everytime I see that BIS Mi24 armed with a 30mm cannon instead of the 12.7mm gatling, I cringe.  crazy_o.gif

Me too... *shudder* crazy_o.gif

Don't cringe they are Mi-24P (hind F) with their standard GSh-30K guns smile_o.gif

edit: typo

Guest jacobaby

enough about hinds already..........

rock.gif