Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setbehaviour "careless";this setcombatmode "blue"

Let me know if that works.

I'm having trouble getting the AI ladder extraction to work. It says get ready for ladder extract, and our leader tells us to form column, but every time the chopper just hovers above us and doesn't drop the ladder. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

JAM is great smile_o.gif .

The sounds for all the weapons are really a dramatic improvement over default stuff, the fire sounds and the sounds of bullets hiting near you are amazing, makes me wonder why did bis released so poor weapon sounds with the game rock.gif , the high dispertion weapons are also very cool and make firefights more interesting, just tried them and had a hell of a firefight in Lipany, the bullet spread seems to spread even more than NP2. I have also noticed that the integrated helmet visor thing makes the screen look a bit darker, it made me check my video setings a couple of times before i realized this, way cool biggrin_o.gif .

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setbehaviour "careless";this setcombatmode "blue"

Let me know if that works.

it worked once, but he doesnt follow the waypoints, he deicdes to take the long route. first time it worked.. but the second time, he crashed into the church, 3rd time he just took off like he always does dropping us miles away from the drop off point.

I know I'm going to sound stupid, but...

BAS, love the choppers very much. Had a blast fooling around with them since they came out. I LOVE that you put the rapeel option for the units, even if they're not grouped. But, here's my dilemma:

BAS Deltas fast-rope into a town to investigate a downed chopper, kill a few Russkies, find the chopper, blow it up to prevent them from taking valuable parts, then some tanks start rolling up after all this is done, so they go to the town hall type building and wait on the roof for the chopper to come and do a rope evac.

I've got everything working perfectly, cutscenes and all, up until the extraction. How can I activate the script, or add the action to the action menu? I apologize if it's been asked earlier...I've read the thread, I must have missed it if it was. Thanks in advance for the help!

In the readme it says

[<choppername>,<leader groupname>,<marker to move to after pickup>] exec

"\bas_mah60\fx\AiPickup.sqs"

But, as I mentioned above, I atleast can't get that to work, though its almost certainly something I'm not doing right.

I dont know if this is a bug or just my screwy computer.  But after I do a fastrope, if I try to go into third person or command view for some screenshots, I get an unblievable amount of lag.

It literally goes down to about 1-2 frames per second.

your not alone.. and man i cant get the damn cabin light script working!! i put it in waypoints, and unit init lines to activate the Cabin Light script and it doesnt work for me!! am i doing something wrong.. and yes i am replacing "chopper" with the real chopper name. The fast rope script works fine.. its just the cabin light one that doesnt work for me.. can someone plzz help me? its the best thing.

read back a few pages.

Did you mean for his question or mine? Cause I can't find back in the thread why my FPS drop like crazy rock.gifrock.gif

Sorry BAS-Team but your MH-60s dont work on a linux server!

Always starting a Map and choose insertion with helo the server crashes, if i choose KLR or some other helo M/AH-6 mission works fine!

I'm sorry about that, and about you haven't a linux for testing and fixing...

I thought it is the "required version" thing but it isn't.

Plz give us report!

Guest jacobaby

I will try and take as many of those points above as possible.

Fast rope insertions;

If you are leader in the chopper with your squad of AI, you dont need no stinking waypoints. I made it easy for you. Just take control of the chopper and direct where you want. He will without fail drop you off within a few hundred feet of where you click on the map.

The ropes;

Blackdog. The ropes ARE thick. In real life they are 3 inches thick apparently. In O2 I think they are modelled to that size, and also, if they are any thinner, they dont get drawn always and so it looks a bit silly.

Ladder Pickups;

If you want to be picked up, have a blackhawk in your squad, and click on "ORDER: Ladder Evac". This will bring your AI running to you and they will climb in. Last of all the leader should get in.

You can also do this on top of any building.

If you want an independant AI team to use the ladder extraction, then follow the outline in the readme. Whether this will work with a player in the team I am uncertain.

As regards the fast roping animations.

HAH! caught you all out! The animation on the MH47 was a RAPELLING animation.

Check the pix, the new animation is very accurate. Dont forget, we are working with guys who do this for real.

Frame rate drop:

Apparently turning on HWTL works wonders. None of us experience that, so its hard to diagnose.

TJ

Guest jacobaby
Sorry BAS-Team but your MH-60s dont work on a linux server!

Always starting a Map and choose insertion with helo the server crashes, if i choose KLR or some other helo M/AH-6 mission works fine!

I'm sorry about that, and about you haven't a linux for testing and fixing...

I thought it is the "required version" thing but it isn't.

Plz give us report!

Can anybody confirm this?

To be honest, it is hard enough trying to make it windows compatible, without mentioned the problems with the linux edition.

TJ

posted on the OFPEC forum;

Quote[/b] ]JAM and Linux issue identified:

Due to a coding error JAM will not work on a linux server.

The fix luckily is rather simple. All that needs to be changed is line 2 of the config.cpp

#define TEast 1

should be

#define TEast 0

Sorry for the inconvience and thanks to Hudson for finding the fix.

This only affects Linux servers.

Once 1.92 is out, we will be releasing AAE versions of the blackhawk, the SOAR and JAM and wil linclude any necessary updates in them then.

SelectThis

this should help you out.

[EDIT] TJ, you live under a rock. You didn't even know is was already fixed by your own team. wink_o.gif [/EDIT]

Guest jacobaby

Ah yes.

My original reply read....."Read back in this thread"

but then I remembered the issue is the JAM, so I thought something new may have cropped up.

(completely forgetting that SOARS use JAM)

Hopefully that IS a fix.

Besides, I LIKE my rock, and I've EARNED it biggrin_o.gif

TJ

NOOOOO THIS IS NOT A FIX!

I have edited the JAM_Magazines to TEast = 0

And all JAM missions work fine!!!

And as I said above missions with the M/AH-6 work also fine!!!

I thought they use the SOAR pilots, too!!!

MH-60s dont work at all on linux!

So and possibly one third of all servers runs on linux!

Why not preparing for them???

Plz help us!!!!!!

NOOOOO THIS IS NOT A FIX!

I have edited the JAM_Magazines to TEast = 0

And all JAM missions work fine!!!

And as I said above missions with the M/AH-6 work also fine!!!

I thought they use the SOAR pilots, too!!!

MH-60s dont work at all on linux!

So and possibly one third of all servers runs on linux!

Why not preparing for them???

Plz help us!!!!!!

Have you inquired with other people running/playing on Linux servers? As i believe there are Linux servers running the blackhawk with no problems, are you sure its not to do with something else? We've had quite a few instances of people having both the old and new SOAR installed on their system (one in \Addons and one in Res\Addons, this causes the server to kick back to the missions screen).

If anyone else is having problems playing with the blackhawk on linux servers please let us know...

As for not preparing for Linux servers, there really wasnt anything we could do, the three servers we have access to (and the multiple users who can host) all run windows, so there really was no way for us to run a test on a Linux machine without compromising the security of our addon.

Blackhawks are running fine on a linux dedicated server.

BlackhawkonLinuxdedi.jpg

They are 1.90, so you don´t have to change anything.

JAM problem can also be fixed.

See if you are running 1.91c Version of the linux dedi.

Check "Case sensitive".

NOT: JAM_Magazines.pbo

YES: jam_magazines.pbo

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

the Bas blackhawk is a realy good addon indeed but i do have a question for the Jam east-sniper(svd)

dont that sound come from a m82a1 rifle? the sound is nearly identical to the one in AA (americas army)

now do a svd dragunov realy sound that way? i thought it sounded like an owerpowered AK or am i totaly wrong about this?

And the M249 sounds like a small kitten i once ran over with a lawn mower...

Im really not going to get into where the sounds came from, there are numerous sources and we are happy with the ones we have, if you think you have a better sound clip please send it along to eviscerator@ballistic-studios.com

And from the kill-the-kitten lobby, god doesnt get much action up there, please, help him out:

kitten.jpg

Anyway, enough of this spam, no i did not run over a kitten with a lawn mower, i was simply envisaging what it will probably turn into if a discussion about where the sounds came from starts, and im not prepared to answer questions about this, mainly as there are so many from various sources, and as i said we are happy with what is in there now.

Small bug report on JAM!

I was testing the weapons and found that the grenadier soldiers who carry GP-25 and M203 plus VEST reload automaticaly, they also have the ability to reload on the run without animation, a grenadier who carries 24 grenades and can reload automatically on the run and shoot acuratly.

I also tested the other JAM grenadiers that carry 4 grenades and those work like they should, only happens on VEST grenadiers.

I know you guys must be tired of all this crap after all the hard work, just thought this could be helpfull if you guys decide to change anything in the future.

Again, thanx for the kickass addons smile_o.gif .