Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Btw: in the update for 1.92 can you guys add the Wheel animation lik in the Mi2 so if you are landing then the you see the wheel absorbing the shock and so on  I hope you add it because it gives a little more Realisme  wink_o.gif

No, it has been explained why before on these forums.

can you give a link please?smile_o.gif

p.s. what about textures and videocards,,,,are you sure that blackhawks are unload when you finish mission?

No i cant, thats what the search function is for, and im not sure how you expect addon makers to know how to unload addons from memory in video cards, the MH-60 is set up like any normal addon, so theres no reason for it not to act like one, this is something for BIS to fix, not us.

Guest jacobaby
Btw: in the update for 1.92 can you guys add the Wheel animation lik in the Mi2 so if you are landing then the you see the wheel absorbing the shock and so on  I hope you add it because it gives a little more Realisme  wink_o.gif

Bug?:

Maybe not a bug but:

If you open the right door ( left from the pilot seat ) in the init of the Chopper well it opens then but you can't close it neither can the AI so if i open it i must fly with open doors and that dont look real so can you guys fix that to?

Actually the suspension effects on real blackhawks is minimal, you do well to even notice it.

Dont forget most choppers land on skids, which have no suspension.

The wheels on the blackhawk allow it to taxi.

You cant close the doors with a chopper full of guys.

The pilot cannot close the doors in real life, so why would he be able to in the game? (However you CAN enable this, see readme).

I havent checked but you may be able to get one of your AI in cargo to close the doors.

Its not something were gonna fix, because its not broken.

As I said before, every single aspect of the chopper has been discussed in great detail, and the result is what we are happy with.

TJ

Re: Suspension on wheels.

Just adding to what TJ said...

We discussed adding this in and I vetoed the idea, while it looks great, it adds another height check script into the addon, since we were concerned about the level of scripting already in the addon, we decided not to implement it then or in the future.

re: pilot door not closing, did you try moving towards the gunner entry point to close it (from the outside?) as the trigger points are taken off the entry points. You could always script it closed again after checking someone is in the drivers seat.

Abrams, We've never seen anything like that happen in all the testing we did. Can you determine whether this is a recurring problem just with the Blackhawks or does he get problems with other addons? Got pics?

Also maybe try lowering the ofp display options and updating to latest dirvers etc.

@The Frenchman.

I checked Blackhawk files from BAS, OFPEC and OFP.AT about 5 hours ago (Downloaded them and scanned), as of that time they were all clean ( I assume you're talking about the virus problems going around). All I can say is that if it is the BAS Blackhawks causing it, then ALOT of people are downloading it ;)

SelectThis

1. When's it coming out.

2. Oh it's out...it doesn't work.

3. Where does it say that in the Read-Me?

4. This addon sux.

rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Some people should have to get a license to download addons!

As for the MSBlast virus going around, read back a page or so and look at the links, it has nothing to do with our addon, whoever let the virus loose started scanning ip's for vulnerable PC's on thursday, then attacked them on monday, the virus is attacking a hell of a lot of people, some who havent even heard of OFP, so again, this virus is nothing to do with us, several of our members have been affected by it too.

First of all: Congratulations!

The blackhawk is the best addons for ofp i've seen so far! Really wonderful!

I have only question: What do i have to write in the init-line to have the cabinlight on at the start of the mission. The blackhawk is controlled by the ai.

Perhaps i'm just too blind or dumb to read the readme properly, but i haven't found anything about turning the cabinlight on without being pilot...

Would be great if you could help me! smile_o.gif

PS: Please excuse my bad english!

Just to Reiterate

There is no problem with the BAS Addon. If your machine got infected recently it is just chance and your making conections that are not there.

The "Virus" is not spread by files it is a true internet worm see this post.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=32917

Kind Regards Walker

Bug?:

Maybe not a bug but:

If you open the right door ( left from the pilot seat ) in the init of the Chopper well it opens then but you can't close it neither can the AI so if i open it i must fly with open doors and that dont look real so can you guys fix that to?

Actually the suspension effects on real blackhawks is minimal, you do well to even notice it.

Dont forget most choppers land on skids, which have no suspension.

The wheels on the blackhawk allow it to taxi.

You cant close the doors with a chopper full of guys.

The pilot cannot close the doors in real life, so why would he be able to in the game? (However you CAN enable this, see readme).

I havent checked but you may be able to get one of your AI in cargo to close the doors.

Its not something were gonna fix, because its not broken.

As I said before, every single aspect of the chopper has been discussed in great detail, and the result is what we are happy with.

TJ

No No No i dont mean that ok i give more detail.

Ok i put this code this code <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate ["pilotdoorl", 1]; this animate ["pilotdoorr", 1] in the Init of the Chopper well then both doors are open ok? so left door so the right and left are open of pilot seat so no CARGO doors !!!but!!! i can close the Right door ( the 1 where the pilot sits ) in side the chopper and out side the chopper so thats no problem but that damned left door.... i can't close that any more neither i can inside neither outside i tryed evry thing even AI can't close it the Commad to close just dont Show up so i am sure thats a Bug.

mad_o.gif

Well its simple but not reallistic and i just report a Bug and if the guys dont take it sirius well then: "Censor"

Do you really, really think that a pilot would physically lean over, possibly hitting controls in the middle part of the cockpit, to close the doors?

No, he would land, get out, close the door, get back in, fly away.

choppername exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\Cabin.sqs"

smile_o.gif

Yes, that's what i got from the readme. But when i put it into the init-line and start the mission the cabinlight isn't on. When i kill the pilot and get in as pilot i can put it on...

Damn Read good what i write ok again:

Sjees i'm getting pissed now mad_o.gif

1:-Engine's are out

2:- Both Pilot doors are open

3:- Right door i can close/open

4:- and the left door can't be closed even you are at the out side no matter on what place you are mad_o.gif Sjees Bd~Read better before giving such Lame awnser mad_o.gif

Ok then, why would you have the gunner door open if you don't have a gunner in it, who would close the door automatically if he was in.

It seems realistic to me, having to get out instead of fumbling over controls leaning into the other seat, still having a hard time reaching the other door.

Funny, when I have open the left door from the outside, I can close it fine.

Guest jacobaby
choppername exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\Cabin.sqs"

smile_o.gif

Yes, that's what i got from the readme. But when i put it into the init-line and start the mission the cabinlight isn't on. When i kill the pilot and get in as pilot i can put it on...

read back in the thread

Ok then, why would you have the gunner door open if you don't have a gunner in it, who would close the door automatically if he was in.

It seems realistic to me, having to get out instead of fumbling over controls leaning into the other seat, still having a hard time reaching the other door.

NVM Mate you dont understand it and bas dont want to help well Fine with that i can live with it but i am sure i dont report any more bugs on it mad_o.gif

I managed to get the MH47E run on Linux.

BIG THX to Shrike for his help.

Simply said, you only have to unpbo all three .pbo´s of the MH47E pack and change the required version from 1.91 to 1.90.

I can´t see any problems with the changes, attach vehicles works fine.

Now I can put that sweet chopper into my CTI map.

It will be alot of fun, cause you are able to play as a BAS-Ranger, buy all BAS-Weapons(including JAM) and buy BAS Kiowa´s, BAS Littlebird´s, BAS Blackhawk´s and BAS MH47E´s.

Fighting against the best russian addons available for OFP.

THX BAS, great work.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

lol... these fkin things are great all that i wanted them to be!! but here are a few questions.. by the way the cabin light is the greatest idea!! fkin great!

lol.. is the landing light only supposed to be on when your landing? It just looks cool at night to see lights flashing on blackhawks on nogova (Want to know if they turn those lights off while in flight)

And.. Do Crewchiefs ever fast rope onto the ground and engage in combat?? or what do they do actually?? check engines and stuff? Cuzz i only usually ride without about 9 rangers.. leaving room for 3 more in cargo.. gonna put 2 chiefs in.

Quote[/b] ]NVM Mate you dont understand it and bas dont want to help well Fine with that i can live with it but i am sure i dont report any more bugs on it

I think 2 of the main devs on the blackhawks have tried to answer your question...I don't see where you get the idea we are not trying to help. Stop having a hissy fit.

Anyway, back to your problem, it's noted. In the meantime, either use scripts to reclose the door or don't open in the first place. ( I think what we did was make the gunner door openable/cloesable by gunner only)

or you can order the gunner out then back in and the door will close.

SelectThis

NVM Mate you dont understand it and bas dont want to help well Fine with that i can live with it but i am sure i dont report any more bugs on it  mad_o.gif

make two triggers, set them to repeadetly:

------------------

trigger1:

condition: urmh60 animationPhase "pilotdoorr" ==0

on activation: urmh60 animate ["pilotdoorl", 0]

trigger2:

condition: urmh60 animationPhase "pilotdoorr" ==1

on activation: urmh60 animate ["pilotdoorl", 1]

simple as that m8 wow_o.gif

I do like what you guys have done, best i have seen IMO, and having messed around with o2 myself i can just about imagine how much work went into doing something of this scale, your efforts are appreciated by most.

Guest jacobaby

you know its getting desperate when even Blackdog makes sense tounge_o.gif

Waffendennis, I know EXACTLY what you are saying, but your reasons are not sensible.

If you start WITHOUT a gunner in position and the doors are open, when the gunner gets in, the doors close.

If you start WITH a gunner in position, WHY would he have the doors open? He would have closed them when getting in.

WHY would you need to go round and close the door for him? Is he not a grown man?

If you want the doors both open at the start for a cutscene or something, and then want them to close. then you must interfere some more with the chopper the same way you have with the INIT line.

For example you could have a trigger waiting to animate the door if the engine is turned on.

I think when I write my script to make OFP FOOLproof, I could use you as a beta tester. Interested?

TJ