Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

....re: Linux problems with JAM

Unfortunately we do not have a linux server to test on. If you can track down the issue then please let us know...

I found the problem! Rather easy one, you guys really worked to much on these addons  biggrin_o.gif  I can tell you were a little sleep deprived to miss this error (from very top of jam config.cpp)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// some basic defines

#define TEast 1

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

You have TEast and TWest both defined as 1, I switched this to east 0 and west 1 and repacked, uploaded to our very overly picky linux server and it worked just fine...

JAM1.jpg

I had to find the fix for this addon because these are without a doubt a keeper, excellent job on the addons. Those damn typos though will get you sometimes crazy_o.gif

P.S. If you guys need some help with testing on a linux server I can see about getting you some locked down server time at radishville to do some testing when you need, let me know.

Evidently none because the missions ran just fine for me on everything but our linux server, after the editing of TEast the JAM missions loaded and ran just fine. I would imagine that the east and west AI soldiers would be confused by this somewhere but evidently this isnt the case.

Thanks Hudson!

What a stupid error on our part *smacks head*. Surprised ofp works at all with JAM installed! smile_o.gif

I think what we will do is wait for 1.92 then release the blackhawks, SOAR and JAM as AAE addons (with bugs fixed).

Once again, thanks for tracking down the linux bug.

SelectThis

Hehe... I love the OFP AI.

1: (blackdog): "Come in WEST Alpha Black:2. This is blackdog. Request Rope Ladder Extraction. Position Dc61, OVER."

2: "WHERE ARE YOU?"

VIRUS WARNING.

There have been a number of viruses reported.

We are tracking down possible causes.

But you should read THIS WEBPAGE If you are concerned.

TJ

Yeh thanks for the 'extra' gift BAS.

I didn't get anything from downloading the Blackhawks (and I just noticed that I've had ZoneAlarm turned off for a week now). Did you get a virus from downloading?

VIRUS WARNING.

TJ

All the ZIP and RAR files I downloaded from BAS yesterday are 100% clean.

I can only speak for downloads directly from BAS. Did you download from a mirror?

@tankieboy

Is your zip infected? if so then please post where and when you got it.

I've done a full scan of my computer (last resting place of the zip file before being uploaded to the net) and it's clean.

Just did a scan of the actual zip file that was uploaded as well.

AVscan.jpg

We do take any possibility of us causing the spread of a virus very seriously, so if anyone does find an infected BAS_Blackhawks1_SOAR2_JAM1.zip file, then could they let us know (include details on where and when you got it).

SelectThis

VIRUS WARNING.

TJ

tankie....given our mods co-operative spirit....I'm assuming you were making a joke.....right?

VIRUS WARNING.

TJ

tankie....given our mods co-operative spirit....I'm assuming you were making a joke.....right?

wink_o.gif

But I got the fooking thing from somewhere.

it really takes the piss that i don't have the facilities to play with these for another 2 1/2 weeks! mad_o.gif

Bloody military! Don't join up guys!

it really takes the piss that i don't have the facilities to play with these for another 2 1/2 weeks!   mad_o.gif

Bloody military! Don't join up guys!

It did me for 10 years.

If you dont like it get out.

Just downloaded the zip file from ofp.at

"BAS_429_BAS_Blackhawks1_SOAR2_JAM1.zip" which is the same file as that available from OFPEC. (as it should be since that is where i asked Gunship to grab it from)

the file scans clean with my Norton AV program.

SelectThis

Okay, I Dl'ed from OFPEC last night and got the W32.Blaster Worm.  DL'ed the fix and hopefully killed the damned thing.  Cute little virus, it shuts down every possible means of killing or finding the damned thing.  I still can't reinstall my Norton 2003 Professional edition.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I DL'ed the extra specops thing on this thread. Could this be the source?

Just downloaded the zip file from ofp.at

"BAS_429_BAS_Blackhawks1_SOAR2_JAM1.zip" which is the same file as that available from OFPEC. (as it should be since that is where i asked Gunship to grab it from)

the file scans clean with my Norton AV program.

SelectThis

Then I am sorry for my assumption. You understand I am just a little peed off right now.

VIRUS WARNING.

TJ

I think I'll come out of lurking for this one.

This "virus" that you're up in arms about isn't a virus at all. It's a worm that takes advantage of a vulnerability in the RPC service of NT-based OSes. It is not coming from anything that BAS has put out. It spreads through machines that have already been compromised by it, and the only way that you can be affected by it is if you have not kept current with patches (a patch was available a month ago.)

In other words: If you've been hit by this, don't blame BAS, because they have nothing to do with it. Blame yourself, because it really isn't BAS' fault that you haven't patched your system.

Anyway, great work, BAS. This is my first post here in spite of registering long ago and lurking for even longer. You guys have completely outdone yourselves once again. I'm floored by your work. You've really raised the bar in what is to be expected of future addons. I'm actually wondering if BIS can top you in OFP2 at this point.

JAM is also excelent. I was looking forward to it from a pure mission design standpoint, but after playing your demo missions, I can see that it affects gameplay in a big way. I can see JAM becoming very big. Any word on anybody but Suchey and Earl jumping on board yet? Don't you keep ties with RSS...?

Once again, great work. You definetely deserve a break, but I'll add that I'm eagerly awaiting everything else that you've announced. Don't worry about the guys that nitpick and complain - for every one of them, there's 20 like me who, while quiet, are truly thankful for your contributions to the OFP community.

Okay, I Dl'ed from OFPEC last night and got the W32.Blaster Worm.

Can anyone else check this copy?

Quote[/b] ]Edit: I forgot to mention that I DL'ed the extra specops thing on this thread. Could this be the source?

That's clean. All of the ones from the BAS site are clean.

Kurayami is right, I updated windows right after Norton's utility found the virus.

God only know where I got that little SOB, but it showed up first thing this morning right after my two late night DL's last night, so I thought I'd put out the warning to check both sites.

I ran it through all of my antivirus programs and AFAIK I'm clean. I was also able to download the fix and it was applied with no problems. I have been experiencing a lot of wierd problems with my net service today, but I attribute that to my lackluster ISP as opposed to a worm.

OK, I'm an Idiot. I have read the manualls, but I still get lots of error messages along the top of the screen when I use the Blackhawks. I know this isnt the best way to do it, but I Use my Resistance Finnish Snipers as my soldier models, and use waypoints for the Blackhawks to drop my insert / extract etc. Do I have to be a BAS soldier for the action menu to work? I dont get any action menu's except "eject" when I am the leader of the group and the pilot is under my command.

Maybe I am just an idiot... tounge_o.gif

Firstly, I am not trying to pass blame, all I am trying to do is track down if there are infected files associated with the blackhawks. I understand it must be frustrating.

Schoeler,

I just DLed the mission files again, from the links in this thread. Did a scan on the zip, extracted the files and rescanned them. Nothing was detected. Nagaul (mission maker) also confirmed that his computer is clean. Sorry about your troubles, hope you get everything sorted out.

AvonLady,

Gunship from ofp.at downloaded the zip from ofpec as i requested him to do. so the scan i did on the ofp.at file should mean that the ofpec one is clean too.

And I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words, especially out of the closet lurkers! ;)

SelectThis