Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

What´s up with that super minigun again.

Just played the JAM Battlefields mission. 3 comments:

- Love the HD weapons.

- I don't see any more lag than say the same mission using Inquisitor's High Defintion weapons. What file types are the JAM weapon sounds? WSS? rock.gif

- Playing this mission showed me why I must say again that BAS should make a JAM RPG/AT round take up 2 magazine slots and not just one. I filled up on as many slots as I had empty (6 or 7) and I got hired to take out all the armor, which I did with relative ease. Please reconsider changing this element in JAM, as it really does affect gameplay in the negative by putting in OFP a Rambo element more appropriate to Novalogic's Delta Force.

@ Aug. 11 2003,22:00)]What´s up with that super minigun again.

Well, it is the standard mount on the blackhawks from what I've seen. Yes, I'm sure they exist.

Well, it is the standard mount on the blackhawks from what I've seen. Yes, I'm sure they exist.

Yes i know that. I was talkin about the damage it makes.

Some small things. Looks like there isn't (A) version of V-80 rock.gif.

Sometimes the flares are used when the chopper comes under fire from explosive bullets. I tried shooting one of these things down with a ZU-23 from Lavos and there was one pack of flares released for each bullet, just imagine the lag crazy_o.gif.

Great work though, finally I can complete my Depot Raid mission wink_o.gif.

Guest jacobaby
@ Aug. 11 2003,22:00)]What´s up with that super minigun again.

The minigun is remodelled and skinned from the one on the MH47.

This came after Tigershark got us some excellent close up pics of an M134 on a uh60, and also Deadmeat got to play on one at an airshow.

@ Goeth

Too much or too little? Dont forget an M134 is capable of firing at 6000rpm. Ours is set lower than that though.

The minigun bullet used does actually very little damage, less than a silenced pistol round infact...

Must say; I love the HD JAM weapons! The firefights with the new ricochet sounds made me running for best cover. biggrin_o.gif And the demo missions to the blackhawks are like  wow_o.gif

But found a bug. If you start the game when you have the Mi2NO.pbo in the addons folder the screen gets completely messed up. Reporting to bug report site when Blackhawk is avalible.

Deadmeat played with minigun? how much helis are destroyed? tounge_o.gif

Shadow that the famous game bug sometimes the max alt is 2438 and sometimes 160-140

btw wehn minigun fires there are no movement of canons in it

Must say; I love the HD JAM weapons! The firefights with the new ricochet sounds made me running for best cover. biggrin_o.gif And the demo missions to the blackhawks are like  wow_o.gif

But found a bug. If you start the game when you have the Mi2NO.pbo in the addons folder the screen gets completely messed up. Reporting to bug report site when Blackhawk is avalible.

hmm...i dont have this problem rock.gif

What resolution and color depth are you running? What are yoyr other visual settings?

Too much or too little? Dont forget an M134 is capable of firing at 6000rpm. Ours is set lower than that though.

Maybe a bit too much.

damage.jpg

btw wehn minigun fires there are no movement of canons in it

Not happening with me...or the rotor shadow bug, or the Mi-2 bug, its installed on my system and it works fine.

And the minigun is actually very weak compared to the real thing, it has a lower rate of fire and fires bullets that do half the damage of a machinegun of the same caliber (M60), how much more do you want us to tone the thing down?

Ok, I deleted everything whats JAM in my CTI Mission.

Now it runs on our linux dedicated server.

I was close to get mad, getting all jam out of my map, and finally it took me 1hour to find that soar pilot with m4 (holo sight), cause he use jam magazines.

I hope BIS(linux dedi) or BAS(jam) can do something against this.

Finally we played a extremly cool round cti with those fantastic blackhawks.(but without JAM) sad_o.gif

http://ofp.netzheimat.de/gfx/snap263.jpg

Thx to Obi_Wahn 4 screenshot.

MfG Lee  smile_o.gif

image >100kb

Also I think the dispersion is pretty large as well from what I remember. Any bigger and no one could hit anything, especially the AI.

Well about that gun: Remember the MH47E: Well they where saying: Man that gun is over powerd and now they have tweaked special for the guys who where saying that and now its still not Good.....Man Can you leave BAS alone for now? they did a great job on it and remember what they say: It's just for Fun and if you dont like it Dont Download it....But leave it to them they are the experts in the Modeling/ Army stuff so just S/U

-No personal offence but I'm getting sick of it.

WFD

Ok, I deleted everything whats JAM in my CTI Mission.

Now it runs on our linux dedicated server.

I was close to get mad, getting all jam out of my map, and finally it took me 1hour to find that soar pilot with m4 (holo sight), cause he use jam magazines.

I hope BIS(linux dedi) or BAS(jam) can do something against this.

Finally we played a extremly cool round cti with those fantastic blackhawks.(but without JAM) sad_o.gif

Thx to Obi_Wahn 4 screenshot.

MfG Lee  smile_o.gif

Im not too sure what the problem with the linux server is, it may be to do with this:

requiredAddons[] = {"BIS_Resistance"};

But thats for BIS to fix, not us, without it there may be problems on windows os', i think if you decompile jam, remove that line and recompile it may remove it, im not sure though, i really dont know much about linux or its bugs with ofp, basically its not our problem, its BIS'.

Oh and Abrams, thats not a bug, its a known issue, we've known about that for weeks, its an engine bug not an addon bug. And the M134 not moving on the AH-60L was on purpose i believe.

Sorry for the trouble, just though that might be something that you missed. I´ll leave you alone now.

No its nothing man but just that discusion again about the Gun we had the same with the MH47 to and that was leading in to flame/spam  wink_o.gif

WFD

Can the cabin light work only in the cabin?  Or is it an unavoidable thing that makes it light up the entire chopper like a lightbulb?

The lighting engine in OFP is poor. Very poor to be precise.

There is in fact no way to get ambient lighting inside a chopper, so I used a trick.

To have it bright enough to be worthwhile it has to be like that, so yes its unavoidable.

I think I can say with confidence, that (apart from bugs we missed) all these kind of aspects are the compromises we settled on.

If you really didnt like it, and you wanted to get the action out of your menu, you could, using this line;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

chopper animate ["switch3CLight",0.5]

But I think the first person effect at night on a covert ops flight is rather cool  tounge_o.gif

TJ

Oh I love being able to have a light like that! It's very nice indeed! All I mean was it could be hell in an MP map with that thing on :P