Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

alot of retarded stuff happens in the Ranger Extraction mission

when the extraction chopper came in, the gunner was going insane, shooting at the seemingly endless amounts of res soldiers commin into the area, so as my team members boarded the chopper, the choppers gunner was still going at it......my team crossed the way over and into the chopper on the left hand side......... sad_o.gif

oh no.......2 is down

oh no.......3 is down

oh no.......5 is down

damn,      7 is down

the gunner unrelentlessly slaughtered half my damn squad as they entered the chopper, because he was too busy engaging the damn res soldiers

i also feel the rangers AI is really bad, 2 or three members got slaughtered before the friendly fire incident anyways, in real stupid ways, they engaged the AI TOO MUCH, and would hardly listen to commands

if they disembarks by fast rope they automaticly are given the order Engage at will hence y they attack anything that smells

i dunno if that caused me problems, but the ai was just actin retarded

BAS, please read my topic entitled "Bad Virus" in the offtopic board.  You may want to check your site and OFPEC for this problem.  I've notified the other mod team.  Everyone else should check the topic I started and do a scan on your machines.  I can't figure out how else I could have gotten this little creature on my hard drive.

Yeah, something that enables the RPC something or other to "terminate unexpectedly". I found a the info, and patch, here: Buffer Underrun in RPC...

For the other people that dislike the engine sounds... dePBO the addon and you can replace your bas_mah60\sounds\bas_60rotors.wss with mine. These sounds go well with the Littlebird's rotor engine sounds..

Free sample :-)

Download :-)

Edit: Make sure you backup your original bas_mah60.pbo before you do this.

I really dont understand these new missions, nothing works for me like how OFP always has

Ranger Extraction, and the new one just released by TJ

all my units under my command just seem to run around frantically, they do not listen to me at all, they do not dissengage, they just go buckwild all over the map until they die sad_o.gif

there isnt a single command that works for these guys, they just seem to do whatever they want

biggrin_o.gif  can i get a mp3 of the song?  biggrin_o.gif

The "spacetime" track is included in the PBO.

You can look on mp3.com for other stuff by Cassie.

mp3.com have become too money hungry to allow me to post more than 3 tracks.. here is the site if you want the spacetime track (or others)

www.mp3.com.au/Cassandra_G

they're copyright - so don't use them in any missions without my permission (please)

[edit] the track in naguals mission is unique - it might go up later

Re: Damage from shooting shadows.

This is a game engine issue, it happens for standard BIS models too. I think it's becuase the shadow is considered part of the model.

re: Linux problems with JAM

Unfortunately we do not have a linux server to test on. If you can track down the issue then please let us know.

re: AI running rampant, welcome to the chaos of war!

seriously, If you're the group leader then you may need to reissue behaviour and combatmode commands after certain action such as fastroping.

re: Rotation on the M134 on the DAP.

We had to turn this feature off as the M134 shares the same weapon points as the 20mm cannon.

SelectThis

ok mr "lets make super hard missions so idiots like 'One' cant enjoy our awsome addons" (not flaming, or flambaiting, just made a nickname for all the authors of the new missions wink_o.gif )

my only beef is really with TJ's new mission, its insane, and all I want to do is to be able to control my squad normally

Sorry, I wanted to post this about 8 pages ago but i kept getting side-tracked biggrin_o.gif

tybas.JPG

You guys do great work... keep doing it the way you do it

selectthis- im starting to like TJ's mission, i finally beat it, its pretty hectic, never played an ofp mission quite like this. but is the hecticness supposed to be that way? if so, this is one of the best missions i have ever played, but if the ai is just retarded, make some better missions tounge_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

JAM_Magazines

If this is in the mission.sqs of any map, our linux server does not accept the mission.

You can see the map in the list, but when you choose it, you get "jumped back" to the "mission choosing screen".

If you remove any jam-using-addon or jam itself from that mission you can play days or years with it.

BHRaptor.jpg

MfG Lee

selectthis- im starting to like TJ's mission, i finally beat it, its pretty hectic, never played an ofp mission quite like this. but is the hecticness supposed to be that way? if so, this is one of the best missions i have ever played, but if the ai is just retarded, make some better missions tounge_o.gif

Set them on aware, and keep low and tell them to disengage.

And they will follow like well educated dogs. (personaly I want them to engage at will most of the time and in battles I set them to "combat" behaviour, but then they don't listen that good to my comands.)

Ah yes and if you're under fire from all sides it doesn't hurt to look for cover and give them "take cover" command.

nice, i only beat this great mission once! got a score of 120 pts ONLY with 3 BIG RED X's.......and I had to fly the chopper home. somethin wierd happend, i ordered an extraction with the smoke and all, the chopper landed, i only got in, it flew 200m, i ordered it down, the rest of my squad got in, and then no matter what i told the pilot he wouldnt budge, so stuck em in the back and took the controls, took off just as the BMP2 drove by, got damaged a bit by its gun lol

hope to see some more intense, cleverly designed missions biggrin_o.gif

Are you using MOD folders? Missing addons in addon folders or MOD folders would do this smile_o.gif

Good job BAS, from what I heard, this addons are just marvelous and it is a shame that I cant try them right now (i am in the hospital sick using my ppc to post). guys i appreciate ur work and 1 day ur hard work will be rewarded with more than gratitude smile_o.gif

God bless bas

Good job BAS, from what I heard, this addons are just marvelous and it is a shame that I cant try them right now (i am in the hospital sick using my ppc to post). guys i appreciate ur work and 1 day ur hard work will be rewarded with more than gratitude smile_o.gif

God bless bas

God bless bas

God bless bas

You can say THAT again!

biggrin_o.gif

my only beef is really with TJ's new mission, its insane

If it's TJ's, then it's working as designed! tounge_o.gif

God bless bas

Get better Ale!! I can tell you are sick coz you posted 3 times biggrin_o.gif