Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

sorry for 2nd post:

BAS some users from Flashpoint.ru reported game freezing when putting only one blackhawk on random usland and without any additional units.

Also it seems that vodeocards are not unloading Blackhawks from memory and when you reload mission 5 times you will see 5 time textured Blackhawk.

thanks for this great addon!  wink_o.gif

had a lot of fun playing it online yesterday.

now there´s one thing i discovered on the ah60dap:

you can´t lock on the hellfires to laser targets.

i´d be a nice addition to be able pointing targets while the dap unleashes its deadly arsenal

it´s already very much fun to have an ah6 ripping down the spots you designate

and how about adding a variable that locks the doors to the opened position?

it´s kinda annoying seeing other players messing around with the doors- especially if troops sit on the side of the cargo space  crazy_o.gif

sure, mission designers could still look into the config and remove the action by typing it in the choppers config, but this´d be a lot easier for us  wink_o.gif

oh! and i hope that the littlebirds are going to receive the fantastic shell casing effects too.

it was so cool to see the shells rain down, while extracting by ladder  wow_o.gif

cheers,

pang

Hi, Realy great work BAS, i cant do ranger extraction thoug, i get left behind  crazy_o.gif

anyways, is it possible to, say, apply a little medical sign to one of he blackhawks for medivacs and stuff? That would be cool, as i was thinking about making a diverese mission with the blackahwaks, like radio commands which allow you to call for pickup, then fastrope, and if someone in your team is injured you can radio for medivac, and the medivac lands, your man gets in, and then he flies back to base to get medicated, and when you return you can nave him in your team again or something. sorry for teh long sentence. also, is it possible to increase the distance that the radio works? e.g for very foggy missions.

thankyou in advance, i mean well, they are great chopers, and goodbye.

the_unknown_one

P.S. im going off to fly around for now.

RTFM

hehehe, always wanted to write that wink_o.gif

im pretty sure in the manual it tells you about 'setobjecttexture' - first seen on the Nam Hueys after i asked ST about its uses and could u use unit patches on the noses of the hueys etc....

basically - im pretty sure i came across a part of the readme saying how to add custom patches.... or it could be for the SOAR... well... im sure it was the b/hawks... aaarg, bugger... RTFM while i sit here babbling om tounge_o.gif

you mean those blackhawks are bugged:(

Also, JAM doesnt have a problem on non-linux machines as the side code is only used once, and it uses the words, the only time it appears is this:

side=TWest;

So the numbers are irrelevant...

What does it mean???

Mustn't I change the value from TEast to 0 for working on Linux???

Im not the best in english, plz explain again...

Er, not sure i understand what you mean, if you are wanting to run it on a linux server then yes, change the 1 to 0 on the east definition, this will also be changed in the upcoming AAE (and probably new zip) versions.

Yeah thats what I wanted to know! Thx

But another question: Do you know if all players need this changed Jam_magazines.pbo or only on the server???

Okay, I Dl'ed from OFPEC last night and got the W32.Blaster Worm.  DL'ed the fix and hopefully killed the damned thing.  Cute little virus, it shuts down every possible means of killing or finding the damned thing.  I still can't reinstall my Norton 2003 Professional edition.

Edit:  I forgot to mention that I DL'ed the extra specops thing on this thread.  Could this be the source?

Nope...

http://home.comcast.net/~hudsontpf/junk/images/nope.jpg

You guys should really track down the source before making assumptions like you are. It dosent look good for BAS when you start accusing them of this. Maybe you have had the virus for longer than you think, maybe you just learned of the virus and are assuming you had to have just been infected recently. I can assure you all the files I have downloaded off the BAS site are clean of the blaster worm. I just reinstalled my OS saturday after being hit rather hard by the worm, I have AV software and I didnt even know I had it till the newest DAT update and theres no telling how long it was there. I personally have been having RCP crashes and random restarts since last tuesday and thats alot longer than BAS has had these files up for download.  

On another note. I NEED MORE JAM MISSIONS!!!! The fire-fights are unbelievable, MORE! MORE! MORE!

Sorry, I should have posted that in clearer language, I wasn't blaming the worm on OFPEC or BAS, but just providing SelectThis with more info on the timeline and circumstances for when I first noticed the worm.  I didn't mean to imply that there was a definite connection, only that it might be a possibility worth looking into.  Did anyone else have this worm announce its presence in the past day or so like Tankieboy and me?

I'm right there with you bro...I got the same worm from a downloaded addon file...I'm not sure which one it was though because I found it to late. From now on I'm not downloading any addons unless I know of the addon makers history first.

Only the server i think.

I will test it today and report!

Special thanks for your work...

One of your greatest fans

Greez Sicilian [JgBtl511]

Also, JAM doesnt have a problem on non-linux machines as the side code is only used once, and it uses the words, the only time it appears is this:

side=TWest;

So the numbers are irrelevant...

What does it mean???

Mustn't I change the value from TEast to 0 for working on Linux???

Im not the best in english, plz explain again...

What he means, I think, is this: within the config.cpp, the only usage of either the TEast or the TWest definition are a few places where "side=TWest" is used in place of "side=1".

Also: TEast should be TEast=0, but the fact that it isn't doesn't matter, since the TEast definition is never used down below in the config.cpp

The Windows version of OFP seems not to care/won't give an error if you have the same value of TEast and TWest, but the linux server does.

And yes, you have to change the definition of TEast to 0 and re-pack the JAM pbo to make the linux server accept it.

Hope that clears it up.

*EDIT* Ok, took too long typing this - Evis cleared it up a few posts back. Sorry about the redundance.

I'm right there with you bro...I got the same worm from a downloaded addon file...I'm not sure which one it was though because I found it to late. From now on I'm not downloading any addons unless I know of the addon makers history first.

This worm has nothing to do with our release, no downloads, its just unfortunate timing, its attacking tens of thousands of PC's across the world, its sent to you through an open port, you havent downloaded it, again, this is nothing to do with the blackhawks.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003....ex.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2003....ex.html

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

http://www.nipc.gov/warnings/advisories/2003/Potential7302003.htm

And most importantly:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcente....rm.html

Guest jacobaby
and how about adding a variable that locks the doors to the opened position?

it´s kinda annoying seeing other players messing around with the doors- especially if troops sit on the side of the cargo space  crazy_o.gif

Again, this was something we discussed, and in the end felt it was best left to the player to decide. I also find it annoying when people in cargo "play" with the doors, but in this case shutting the doors maye save your ass from enemy fire!

I scripted it so that the doors can only be closed if there are less than 8 players in the helo, and we made sure the cargo proxies started on the insides of the helo, with the final 6 being the edge sitters. What you cannot do though is verify which cargo proxy is filled, so sometimes you may find that the doors are closed while some legs are sticking out through them.

This will always be the result of a player action though, so if they dont want to see that effect, then they shouldnt do it.

As you can see we spent a long time on the doors issue.

My next script is one to make the players in a multiplayer game all behave themselves and play nicely......... tounge_o.gif

TJ

side=TWest;

So the numbers are irrelevant, obviously Linux versions handle this differently.

Did you give notice to BIS about this? I'd like to see as many bugs fixed in the linux server as possible. Alhough i start to think they all come from the same source (no pun intended) anyway, as they all seem to have to do with comparing/handling of numbers...

Those choppers look sweet but I couldn't test them yet because my OFP crashes to desktop when I try to play wit the Blackhawks in the editor! sad_o.gif

what can I do to solve the problem?

$33ker @ Aug. 12 2003,15:11)]Those choppers look sweet but I couldn't test them yet because my OFP crashes to desktop when I try to play wit the Blackhawks in the editor! sad_o.gif

A CTD can mean quite a few things, either it cant find the model, which isnt happening here as you can select it from the list and try to preview (so the pbo must be installed), or the crew is missing, did you install all the pbo's in the correct place? Do you have old versions of these files in another addons folder? And are you running 1.91?

$33ker @ Aug. 12 2003,15:11)]Those choppers look sweet but I couldn't test them yet because my OFP crashes to desktop when I try to play wit the Blackhawks in the editor! sad_o.gif

A CTD can mean quite a few things, either it cant find the model, which isnt happening here as you can select it from the list and try to preview (so the pbo must be installed), or the crew is missing, did you install all the pbo's in the correct place? Do you have old versions of these files in another addons folder? And are you running 1.91?

I installed all PBOs from the zip file into my fp\addons folder as told in teh installation notes and I run 1.91.

I think I found the problem: it's how you said. I have other soar PBOs in my res/addon folder.

I'll remove them and try it again. smile_o.gif

thats what i had.... all by BAS addons are in the res folder... but forgot this when installing the news stuff... CTD but when i deleted the pbo's from the addons foler and replaced them into the res folder, it works fine biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the help. It works now! biggrin_o.gif

Now i'm gonna teke those babies for a tour around the blocks! tounge_o.gif

[...]shutting the doors maye save your ass from enemy fire![...]

Ooo...Does this mean that the doors actually protect the occupants of the chopper? wow_o.gif

It's not just cosmetic?

[...]shutting the doors maye save your ass from enemy fire![...]

Ooo...Does this mean that the doors actually protect the occupants of the chopper? wow_o.gif

It's not just cosmetic?

Yes, they offer protection.

Btw: in the update for 1.92 can you guys add the Wheel animation lik in the Mi2 so if you are landing then the you see the wheel absorbing the shock and so on I hope you add it because it gives a little more Realisme wink_o.gif

Bug?:

Maybe not a bug but:

If you open the right door ( left from the pilot seat ) in the init of the Chopper well it opens then but you can't close it neither can the AI so if i open it i must fly with open doors and that dont look real so can you guys fix that to?

Btw: in the update for 1.92 can you guys add the Wheel animation lik in the Mi2 so if you are landing then the you see the wheel absorbing the shock and so on  I hope you add it because it gives a little more Realisme  wink_o.gif

No, it has been explained why before on these forums.

Btw: in the update for 1.92 can you guys add the Wheel animation lik in the Mi2 so if you are landing then the you see the wheel absorbing the shock and so on  I hope you add it because it gives a little more Realisme  wink_o.gif

No, it has been explained why before on these forums.

can you give a link please?smile_o.gif

p.s. what about textures and videocards,,,,are you sure that blackhawks are unload when you finish mission?

Maybe someone hacked into the download a few minutes after its release since I downloaded it 6 minutes after it was released. rock.gif