Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Small bug report on JAM!

I was testing the weapons and found that the grenadier soldiers who carry GP-25 and M203 plus VEST reload automaticaly, they also have the ability to reload on the run without animation, a grenadier who carries 24 grenades and can reload automatically on the run and shoot acuratly.

I also tested the other JAM grenadiers that carry 4 grenades and those work like they should, only happens on VEST grenadiers.

I know you guys must be tired of all this crap after all the hard work, just thought this could be helpfull if you guys decide to change anything in the future.

Again, thanx for the kickass addons smile_o.gif .

Thats not a bug, its the only way to get that realistic amount of grenades onto a player, it basically makes it a semi-auto weapon with the magazine taking up five out of ten slots, you cannot use more than ten slots or have a magazine take up less than one slot, so this was the only way to accomplish it.

Thats not a bug, its the only way to get that realistic amount of grenades onto a player, it basically makes it a semi-auto weapon with the magazine taking up five out of ten slots, you cannot use more than ten slots or have a magazine take up less than one slot, so this was the only way to accomplish it.

Excuse my ignorance, makes sense now. Just hope ppl dont use them in MP games cause it could be considered a cheat.

(imagines a DM game on the town of la Trinite with ppl runing and throwing nades everywhere sad_o.gif ).

Excuse my ignorance, makes sense now. Just hope ppl dont use them in MP games cause it could be considered a cheat.

(imagines a DM game on the town of la Trinite with ppl runing and throwing nades everywhere sad_o.gif ).

Cheating? Not really, it has the same reload speed, same damage, only thing is it carries more, it obviously wont suit a close-in DM game, but i see no reason for it not to be used in coop/ctf, infact something very similar has been used in MP games quite a bit, the nam pack (2) included 'HE Bags' that had 10 grenades in, and you could carry 2-3, and it wasnt too unbalanced ingame, its up to the mission maker to make a fair and balanced mission, but there is no reason they cant be used.

I found something!

I was testing BAS_Blackhawk with NO_res mi2urp, and blackhawk released very very large amount flares while the mi2 was attacking it with cannon. Is it possible to have a quick fix patch fix from NO or BAS? It is nice to use both great choppers in the same mission! smile_o.gif

Regarding the Blackhawks...

I was thinking the Rope ladder would be useful in pulling people out of forests and woodland areas in place of a penetrator

but alas its too short when I tried pulling a friend out...

I know it may be pushing it but is it possible to make the ladder longer or at least make it mountable from a greater distance to kinda simulate the use of a penetrator?

the downside would be making the ladder length inacurate methinks... but it would make it even more usefull

Just a thought smile_o.gif

The rope ladder has a seizure by the way, please make it not have a seizure.

why everytime someone says kitten i think of this ?

crazy_o.gif

How come everyone shows that stupid picture I think of the picture I once photoshopped a long, long time ago?

clicherabbit.jpg

Yeah... it's pretty lame.

-------------------------------------------------

One more thing... I updated my sounds that I made for the chopper to be louder... if you don't like the BIS UH60 sound...

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/files/bas_60rotors1.wav

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/files/bas_60rotors1.wss

If you like the sound, rename the wss file to "bas_60rotor.wav" and then just replace the one that already exists in the bas_mah60/sound folder and repbo it and you'll be set! Make sure to back up the PBO though.

The JAM M4 sounds quite a bit like the Max Payne sniper rifle.

And the M249 sounds like a small kitten i once ran over with a lawn mower...

Im really not going to get into where the sounds came from, there are numerous sources and we are happy with the ones we have, if you think you have a better sound clip please send it along to eviscerator@ballistic-studios.com

the Bas blackhawk is a realy good addon indeed   but i do have a question for the Jam east-sniper(svd)

dont that sound come from a m82a1 rifle?    the sound is nearly identical to the one in AA (americas army)

now do a svd dragunov realy sound that way?   i thought it sounded like an owerpowered AK     or am i totaly wrong about this?

in the matter of fact, yes, the sound fo the SVD is

more likely to be a M82A1 then a AK based squad long distance supporting rifle,

(SVD is not design as a sniper rifle, or though it may use as a sniper rifle)

SVD may be sound more like a AK, also the M4 and M249

doesnt sounds right too...........

One more thing... I updated my sounds that I made for the chopper to be louder... if you don't like the BIS UH60 sound...

If you like the sound, rename the wss file to "bas_60rotor.wav" and then just replace the one that already exists in the bas_mah60/sound folder and repbo it and you'll be set! Make sure to back up the PBO though.

Does this cause any conflicts in SP or MP?? or its all totally compatible? Because i like your sounds.. and it take a few minute to de-pbo some things.

I found something!

I was testing BAS_Blackhawk with NO_res mi2urp, and blackhawk released very very large amount flares while the mi2 was attacking it with cannon.  Is it possible to have a quick fix patch fix from NO or BAS?  It is nice to use both great choppers in the same mission!  smile_o.gif

OMG....same thing happen to mh47e too! possible the NO's mi2 weapon code problem@@ crazy_o.gif

Does this cause any conflicts in SP or MP?? or its all totally compatible? Because i like your sounds.. and it take a few minute to de-pbo some things.

Shouldn't have any problems in SP or MP... in MP just tell em your using the sounds I made and they'll understand... because mostly using these blackhawk's are co-ops anyway.

I don't think it'll show a modified PBO, but just to be on the safe side, back up the bas_mah60.pbo if any problems arise...

Little more explanetion:

Naguals SO missions....

I can start any of them with Foot,KLR,M/AH-6 as choosen parameter and the mission is well playable.

But choosen one of the MH-60s and starting mission I see the cam sequence but then the known YELLOW rectangle is being seen and 2 seconds later the RED one.

10 seconds no answer

11 seconds no answer

Server then is no longer awaylable.

As to be seen in my signatur I'm not a noob in useing and handling addons, I got always all addons to work except this one. Therefore NO there is not a second addon in another folder! Also there is no older addon mixed with the new ones!

But one question: Do you have 1.90 as required version in all new addons or is there possibly one with 1.91rock.gif? Because the linux server doesn't support "required version 1.91"!

Guest jacobaby

Mi2 and the flares........Mi 2 problem, they must have cfg'd it as a locking missile.

Blackdog, once again, the sound we have is NOT the same as the BIS one. However you can use whatever you like without problem in MP/SP.

Linux server - We deliberatley made it 1.90 so that it would be Linux OK. Lee has it working just fine, so perhaps you can PM him about your troubles, he's a good guy.

I am certain BIS will have to release a 1.92 Linux server version anyway, given the planned fixes.

Regarding the legth of the rope ladder.

Making it longer wouldnt be realistic. The method SF helicopters use for extractions from wooded areas without an LZ is called SPIES.

I have a fantastic link which explains fully the techniques used, but basically a bunch o5 five or so guys fasten themselves to the end of a rope, the helo lifts them above the treeline, then moves to and lowers them onto another area or LZ, where they can embark. There is no winching involved.

We would also like to include a winch to use that lovely model, but we will see what comes up.

There are many problems that are probably unknown to most OFP players regarding how things work in MP. This is our biggest limiting factor sometimes.

TJ

Guest jacobaby
Actually I think the rope in SPIES can only carry four guys max, but the rest is ok.

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/tc/21-24/chap4.htm

Some kind of exreaction system like this is definetly planned if we make a Navy version.

Whether or not it makes it into the MH60 I dont know yet.

I have been amazed at the lack of serious bugs encountered, and am quite encouraged to do a little more, but we will see.

TJ

my speed record on this heli is 470km/h smile_o.gif

noone can tail him smile_o.gif

From our MH-60 config:

Quote[/b] ]maxSpeed=270;

From BIS' UH-60 config:

Quote[/b] ]maxSpeed=270;

Blame them not us, if we lowered it to realistic values it would unbalance it with the other helicopters.

I got it up to 500.. took the K up to 2000m then dove for the deck, just hit 500 as tried to pull up but did the big splash.

SelectThis

I got it up to 500.. took the K up to 2000m then dove for the deck, just hit 500 as tried to pull up but did the big splash.

SelectThis

Damn there is a Black Hawk Down I repeat Black Hawk Down wow_o.gif

SelectThis

No, we have a Blackhawk drown tounge_o.gif

Excellent choppers mates, best ive ever seen. These are truly the new BAS flagships smile_o.gif

Btw, i heard you are going to update your other helos as well when 1.92 comes out, and while you're at it, cant you try solving one little problem with the li'l birds?

The thing is, i fly with keyboard, and sometimes when i go fast and lower my nose a bit, then it kinda locks in a death-dive, and i cant raise the nose again, and i slam headfirst into the ground wow_o.gif

SelectThis

No, we have a Blackhawk drown  tounge_o.gif

Excellent choppers mates, best ive ever seen. These are truly the new BAS flagships smile_o.gif

Btw, i heard you are going to update your other helos as well when 1.92 comes out, and while you're at it, cant you try solving one little problem with the li'l birds?

The thing is, i fly with keyboard, and sometimes when i go fast and lower my nose a bit, then it kinda locks in a death-dive, and i cant raise the nose again, and i slam headfirst into the ground  wow_o.gif

Its the helicopter stalling, happens sometimes, just need to learn to counter it.

I am not sure but I think that last problem has to do with the overall "small-ness" of the chopper. This happened often with a set of jetpacks that I think Martin made. I don't know if you could set the weight higher and or mess around with some other properties to make that go away.

I am not sure but I think that last problem has to do with the overall "small-ness" of the chopper. This happened often with a set of jetpacks that I think Martin made. I don't know if you could set the weight higher and or mess around with some other properties to make that go away.

Adding weight would make the LB less manouverable.

true.. but i learned to get out of the stall, and you can make some really airshow like manouvers when you learned to get used to it...form 200m to 10 in 2-3 sec (when i counted right wow_o.gif )

I think you should leave it as it is.

Maybe just give them the new soar pilots and a few better sounds for the mini´s and your finished i think.

true.. but i learned to get out of the stall, and you can make some really airshow like manouvers when you learned to get used to it...form 200m to 10 in 2-3 sec (when i counted right wow_o.gif )

I think you should leave it as it is.

Maybe just give them the new soar pilots and a few better sounds for the mini´s and your finished i think.

Play with them, they already use the new pilots smile_o.gif Although its the pilot armed with the MP5, not the M4.