SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

22 hours ago, SGT Fuller said:

Will be looked at 

Please also look into adding HE effect for the F35 gun. It overpenetrates frequently when shooting planes/helicopters thus doing only little damage and already makes explosion sounds when hitting something.

1 hour ago, K.Hunter said:

I do have a question though. Actually surprised no one asked this yet, but are you guys going to also release the Security Forces assets as part of this? I was actually looking forward to using the all-new USAF mod with SF units patrolling the airbase for ambience, and ended up surprised when I didn't find them in here 🙂

If they were added, then no one would be able to actually play the game.  Players would constantly be detained on the in-game flight line when trying to get to the in-game aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, K.Hunter said:

Very happy to see this release. Congratulations guys!

I do have a question though. Actually surprised no one asked this yet, but are you guys going to also release the Security Forces assets as part of this? I was actually looking forward to using the all-new USAF mod with SF units patrolling the airbase for ambience, and ended up surprised when I didn't find them in here 🙂

Negative. we have dropped the whole ground force stuff as there are mods out there like RHS and other gear mods that provide all the necessary assets to simulate Security Forces and AFSOC forces.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, K.Hunter said:

Very happy to see this release. Congratulations guys!

Actually it's been answered repeatedly and the answer is no. They are sticking with vanilla uniforms. Honestly, it's the lack of authentic helmets that the old version had that made me sad but the mod team has basically not been working on an update but a complete revamp of the mod. Superficially it's very similar to the old version but functionally its completely different. With that much on their hands uniforms just aren't a big enough priority to warrant the extra time. Maybe in the future they will add them back, but for now there are no plans to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, octop01 said:

Please also look into adding HE effect for the F35 gun. It overpenetrates frequently when shooting planes/helicopters thus doing only little damage and already makes explosion sounds when hitting something.

And the opposite for the F-22's gun. Explosions and HE effect but wrong sound lol. 

What are the chances of including the new FLIR into the RPA cameras? Would be very cool to have.

Evening all! I've been hard at work making a couple showcase videos for the F-35 and A-10. Will be continuing on with more in the future upon new releases! Let me know what you think!

And the one for the A-10!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 11/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, octop01 said:

I've had this problem a bit too, made some friendlies very upset thinking I was doing some blue-on-blue when I tried to down a helicopter.

Technically if we're talking specifically about the F-35's gun though it would be a FRAG effect if i'm not mistaken.
The specially developed APEX 25mm shell that the F-35 uses has a "penetrate then detonate" fuze. It's got a Tungsten-Carbide penetrator for armor-piercing that activates the fuze once it makes contact. The penetrator is propelled forward by the blast, and the rest of the body is fragmented, with an extra incendiary effect from a bit of zirconium behind the main explosive. It's similar to a SAPHEI round, but with the penetrator at the front.

Granted that would all probably be pretty hard to model accurately in the ArmA engine, but hey the USAF team have managed more impressive things than that. It DOES mean though that for the F-35's gun to be "realistic", it shouldn't' overpenetrate anything but the thinnest of targets.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Viper1Zero said:

Evening all! I've been hard at work making a couple showcase videos for the F-35 and A-10. Will be continuing on with more in the future upon new releases! Let me know what you think!

And the one for the A-10!

You're talented kid.
Just don't be lazy to cut our scenes like in the A-10 video , 0:27 seconds, which we can see Gcam interface. 
But overall nice work with the footage, music and adpating the scenes to the music bit.

• Like 1

Reporting a bug with RHS: USAF special forces buggy and ac-130 cargo. After loading the buggies into the plane they do this (Picture below) and do not allow you to unload them/parachute them out. https://prnt.sc/ptv174 (Picture link) 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:25 PM, Jono the Cutest said:

I couldn't find how to use AC-130. Can you tell me how to AC-130? Like where is it?

me to f16 or these to

hello icant find f16 and b2 and ac130 and others just f22 f35 and c17 c130j

On 10/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, Mcnab.D said:

Hello USAF MOD TEAM.  just curious, do you guys have any plans for a Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey ?

leave it lets focus on ac130 and b2

1 hour ago, arta123 said:

hello icant find f16 and b2 and ac130 and others just f22 f35 and c17 c130j

dude, just read the first page of this topic. All is explained. No AC130 or F16 yet

2 hours ago, arta123 said:

leave it lets focus on ac130 and b2

No, we decide what we work on first. right now that is finishing the fighters and utility first.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, omri2050 said:

You're talented kid.
Just don't be lazy to cut our scenes like in the A-10 video , 0:27 seconds, which we can see Gcam interface. 
But overall nice work with the footage, music and adpating the scenes to the music bit.

Kid? I'm 30. lol!
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. Ha, yeah I hated having the interface in the video but that shot was too dope to leave out 🙂
More to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper1Zero said:

Kid? I'm 30. lol!

LOOOLLLL....I'm 50...so to me you're still a kid!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Good job on the video, mate!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

LOOOLLLL....I'm 50...so to me you're still a kid!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Good job on the video, mate!

Haha! I'm 30, but don't feel a day over 12 😉 It's all this time on active duty. We're all children. lol!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, arta123 said:

Joined 7 hours ago and already trying to tell people what to do with their mod thats a big yikes from me dog 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper1Zero said:

but don't feel a day over 12 😉 It's all this time on active duty. We're all children. lol!

:yeahthat::rofl:

46 minutes ago, Reid236 said:

Joined 7 hours ago and already trying to tell people what to do with their mod thats a big yikes from me dog 

I couldn't have said it better, man!!!

I just curious and didn't know at that time, man. I don't have any problem fighting without AC-130 or really want that AC-130 much. Modder can decide what to focus on first.

• Like 1

Well worth the wait, appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into this mod....Just awesome

While using ACE 3 if you eject from the C17 with ramp open or closed (as well as jump doors open or closed) you take damage and are knocked unconscious. I'm guessing it's from the eject position being to close to the C17? 

Yeah currently the eject position is inside the bay. Already fixed for next update.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, Viper1Zero said:

Kid? I'm 30. lol!
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. Ha, yeah I hated having the interface in the video but that shot was too dope to leave out 🙂
More to come.

I'm 36, a kid also, 
Waiting for more videos dude, subscribing

• Like 1