SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

C-17 doesn't play ramp sounds when lowering or raising. C-130 only plays ramp sound for a couple of seconds before it cuts off. The flap sounds are very quiet on both planes.

Both planes give also an error message about night vision goggles not being drawn or some such when placed with default crew (It flashes quickly on the screen and keeps returning about every 20 seconds). It's possible to avoid this by editing the crew loadouts and changing or deleting their goggles. 

Okay guys thank you for new update. There are some new bugs/things I noticed. With the F35 there is now some clipping for example the AIM-120 now clips through the weapons bay I assume this is because of changes made to open the bay only when firing. The flight model was changed with the F35 I am fine with that but I notice very often that now the F35 kinda gravitates towards the ground a lot. Previously you had a course and it remains this way now the F35 sometimes goes towards the ground on its own. Kinda similar to the very old afterburner bugs where at very high speed the nose would pitch towards the ground except this time no afterburner or high speed required for this to happen. This resulted in me having some crashes into trees when not actively working against it. 

Edit: Also while I said the F35 has not enough speed at all to compete with Jet Fighter DLC jets now there is a problem that it won't even really reach the speed required to take off a runway probably because of the new flight model. I don't want to request anything but I personally think you should make the F35 way more powerful speed/thrust wise it does not feel very strong at all unfortunately and the update made it even weaker now in this regard.

Keep up the good work! When most of these bugs are taken care of, what remains is probably one of the most detailed and amazing aircraft mods available to arma 3!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vvalerie2 said:

C-17 doesn't play ramp sounds when lowering or raising. C-130 only plays ramp sound for a couple of seconds before it cuts off. The flap sounds are very quiet on both planes.

Both planes give also an error message about night vision goggles not being drawn or some such when placed with default crew (It flashes quickly on the screen and keeps returning about every 20 seconds). It's possible to avoid this by editing the crew loadouts and changing or deleting their goggles. 

We can look at the sounds but the NVG issue is not a USAF mod issue as the crew on the plan is vanilla pilots that’s a BI issue or a mod conflicting with another one

I am unable to load vehicles into the Cargo C130 I get this error message.

' [(_this select 0)] spawn |#|USAF_C130_fnc+boxCargo_canLoad '

Error undefined variable in expression:usaf_c130_fnc_boxCargo_canLoad

Also with the C17 I opened cargo ramp, loaded vehicles then closed cargo ramp. Proceeded to take off then select drop cargo, the ramp fully opens automatically and vehicles are ejected however after that there is no "Close Cargo Ramp" option just "Open Halfway" so the ramp remains open.

When I tried to get the ramp closed by selecting "Open Halfway" it did so and then "Close Cargo Ramp" appeared however this just makes it open fully again. I only got it to close by selecting the option to open ramp fully then when the close option appeared I selected it and ramp closed properly when C17 was on the ground at 0km/h .

I don't want to tell you guys how to build your mod but wouldn't implementing the vanilla ViV system for C17 and C130 be more stable? Vanilla ViV is not as immersive as your script but wouldn't it be better at least while scripts are looked at again/other things are worked on?

17 minutes ago, blackburn03 said:

I am unable to load vehicles into the Cargo C130 I get this error message.

' [(_this select 0)] spawn |#|USAF_C130_fnc+boxCargo_canLoad '

Error undefined variable in expression:usaf_c130_fnc_boxCargo_canLoad

Also with the C17 I opened cargo ramp, loaded vehicles then closed cargo ramp. Proceeded to take off then select drop cargo, the ramp fully opens automatically and vehicles are ejected however after that there is no "Close Cargo Ramp" option just "Open Halfway" so the ramp remains open.

When I tried to get the ramp closed by selecting "Open Halfway" it did so and then "Close Cargo Ramp" appeared however this just makes it open fully again. I only got it to close by selecting the option to open ramp fully then when the close option appeared I selected it and ramp closed properly when C17 was on the ground at 0km/h .

I don't want to tell you guys how to build your mod but wouldn't implementing the vanilla ViV system for C17 and C130 be more stable? Vanilla ViV is not as immersive as your script but wouldn't it be better at least while scripts are looked at again/other things are worked on?

We will look at the issues you stated but we could have put the vanilla stuff in but we like ours to be more immersive and realistic not just have a vehicle pop in there so no we don’t have plans to add it as a temp fix. We will get the issue fixed and patched outZ thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks for a very good job Fuller and company.

I have a question and it applies to both F-22 and F35. The plane has a tendency to lose altitude even at high speed you have to be on the alert so that you do not crash.

The plane  is pointing downwards and it can be a little difficult when you focus on everything else.

Also another minor request,  could you apply the same zoom out , so that the F-22 is similar to the F-35? with the F-35 it's much easier to have a good overview of whats going on when in external view.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Cool stuff! You guys should put a link to this forum in the workshop descriptions.

v1.0.2 hotfix1 is on the workshop:

Main:
- Fix missing cargo function references

Fighter:
- F-35A: overhaul flight dynamics
- F-35A: fix hovering landing gear
- F-35A: improve sounds

Utility:
- C-130J: Fix missing cargo function references

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wow thank you guys so much! This hotfix fixed most if not all of the problems faced with the flight model/speed/thrust of the F35! It is actually amazing. It feels much more powerful now and you can actually kind of feel the power transition between normal flight and afterburner this is awesome! Very nice indeed! Now there is only the clipping of some weapons like AIM-120 and the spherical coverage bug aswell as the missing HE of the gun which seems to overpenetrate frequently against other jets that personally come to mind. Feels really good now a marked improvement without doubt!

For me its the lack of damage done by the missiles and the reluctance of the AI that is causing me issues. AI wingmen do not engage and missiles that I launch can'tt seem to shoot anything down. The missiles work fine against vanilla planes but it seems most mods like RHS and the SU-35 mod use planes with higher hit points. The AI issue might be complicated, but perhaps the next hotfix can simply increase the damage done by the missiles? The cannon on the F-22 still works great aside from its sound effects. A single burst will put an enemy plane out of commission, just as a real life burst at 100 rpm of 20 mm SAPHEI would.

@SGT Fuller great job to you and your team in getting this labour of love out the door, and thumbs up for all the quick hit tweaks and fixes you've been pushing over the last couple of weeks. Really excited to see how the mod will develop and grow.  Good luck man!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cry me a river said:

For me its the lack of damage done by the missiles and the reluctance of the AI that is causing me issues. AI wingmen do not engage and missiles that I launch get seem to shoot anything down. The missiles work fine against vanilla planes but it seems most mods like RHS and the SU-35 mod use planes with higher hit points. The AI issue might be complicated, but perhaps the next hotfix can simply increase the damage done by the missiles? The cannon on the F-22 still works great aside from its sound effects. A single burst will put an enemy plane out of commission, just as a real life burst at 100 rpm of 20 mm SAPHEI would.

We will look at the missies and push a hotfix for it if warranted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, octop01 said:

Wow thank you guys so much! This hotfix fixed most if not all of the problems faced with the flight model/speed/thrust of the F35! It is actually amazing. It feels much more powerful now and you can actually kind of feel the power transition between normal flight and afterburner this is awesome! Very nice indeed! Now there is only the clipping of some weapons like AIM-120 and the spherical coverage bug aswell as the missing HE of the gun which seems to overpenetrate frequently against other jets that personally come to mind. Feels really good now a marked improvement without doubt!

We will look at the issues you stated. I think i already know the issue with the spherical coverage and that will be fixed tonight and pushed out with our next hotfix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt Childs said:

@SGT Fuller great job to you and your team in getting this labour of love out the door, and thumbs up for all the quick hit tweaks and fixes you've been pushing over the last couple of weeks. Really excited to see how the mod will develop and grow.  Good luck man!

Thanks brother we are doing our best to give the community what they lost with our absence. We are back and full steam ahead. Stay tuned 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I want to take this time to thank the team for all of their hard work and dedication to getting the mod as near as perfect as possible. I really couldn’t do it without you guys and I and the community thank you with everything.

Raynor

Hpookie

Lala

Peral

Brian 

pingopete

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 10/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, Endigma said:

You should change the scale of your drones to be more realistic, they seem a bit small to me, especially the Global Hawk.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3FrbHNS

Yes, they're indeed big in real life, but also in-game too.  Please bring a naked soldier ( with underwear) right next to the global hawk or reaper or any machine or object you see smaller in mind, and see how it's feel. I use the same procedure whenever i found mod's contents seem smaller VS real-life. In usaf mod case imho, the team done a great job at scaling these things.

I myself once also felt in-game bombs(gbu-12) and missiles (aim-9, aim-9 are longer than you and me in reallife) are kinda small to be realistic, but after checking it out again testing by comparing with in-game human being, nope, in fact they're not that small. Found out in game aim9 are indeed longer than in game human in length, and the guidance kit alone on paveway is as long as the dude!, like in reallife! 😉

Oh careful in choosing your dress for your scale model soldier though, cuz some uniforms like rhs cyre g3 will make your dude look bigger(rhs team make it right as it is a registered tactic of most nato ground forces these days, they have been mimicking the self defense tactic of cats for decades already).

I also sense some of the pictures on Google images are force perceptive.

Not saying they're 1-1 with real-life scale though, just wanna point out they're in fact not that difference in size. Maybe small in game, but not much. Yes I'm talking about Global Hawk here 🙂

Also as video game as the Arma 3 is, not everything in game is sync in size with their respective real life counterpart, including objects in the environment, surrounding to particular aircraft, drone, runway, road, car and alike. Sometime the sense of looking at some scene in game will make you feel particular object bit smaller, in this case, the drone global hawk.

When you spend so much time in 3D Eden editor, things become seemingly smaller and smaller with time pass by. Things can become out of shape and size. 

"Human length comparing technique"_ in Eden editor turn off vertical mode and surface snapping, and turn the dude to lying position by rotating him in the head. That way you can easily compare the length of things with the dude's height/length. Oh don't forget to also feel/put yourself in place of ingame character (soldier, marine, whatever the dude might be), that way you can feel how the dude might feeling and see how the dude might seeing. Thanks me later xD

Just found out there are weapon models under props category_

jHa6cO3.png

Human vs *not so small*diameter bomb

hUaM64b.png

u488RZJ.png

9lJtwUj.png

ksLwzba.png

F-35 fuel tank

GyJj46f.png

Synh7Uz.png

Thanks for these models guys. They are awesome! Now i can do my human length comparing technique more efficiently! 😄

Edited by Bukain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bukain said:

Yes, they're indeed big in real life, but also in-game too.  Please bring a naked soldier ( with underwear) right next to the global hawk or reaper or any machine or object you see smaller in mind, and see how it's feel. I use the same procedure whenever i found mod's contents seem smaller VS real-life. In usaf mod case imho, the team done a great job at scaling these things.

I myself once also felt in-game bombs(gbu-12) and missiles (aim-9, aim-9 are longer than you and me in reallife) are kinda small to be realistic, but after checking it out again testing by comparing with in-game human being, nope, in fact they're not that small. Found out in game aim9 are indeed longer than in game human in length, and the guidance kit alone on paveway is as long as the dude!, like in reallife! 😉

Oh careful in choosing your dress for your scale model soldier though, cuz some uniforms like rhs cyre g3 will make your dude look bigger(rhs team make it right as it is a registered tactic of most nato ground forces these days, they have been mimicking the self defense tactic of cats for decades already).

I also sense some of the pictures on Google images are force perceptive.

Not saying they're 1-1 with real-life scale though, just wanna point out they're in fact not that difference in size. Maybe small in game, but not much. Yes I'm talking about Global Hawk here 🙂

Also as video game as the Arma 3 is, not everything in game is sync in size with their respective real life counterpart, including objects in the environment, surrounding to particular aircraft, drone, runway, road, car and alike. Sometime the sense of looking at some scene in game will make you feel particular object bit smaller, in this case, the drone global hawk.

When you spend so much time in 3D Eden editor, things become seemingly smaller and smaller with time pass by. Things can become out of shape and size. 

"Human length comparing technique"_ in Eden editor turn off vertical mode and surface snapping, and turn the dude to lying position by rotating him in the head. That way you can easily compare the length of things with the dude's height/length. Oh don't forget to also feel/put yourself in place of ingame character (soldier, marine, whatever the dude might be), that way you can feel how the dude might feeling and see how the dude might seeing. Thanks me later xD

Well, I think scaling should be oriented on real-life measurements. Oxygen (the BIS 3d software) has a metric measurement system as far as I can remember. The only question is how tall the vanilla soldier models are in-game.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:55 PM, Endigma said:

You should change the scale of your drones to be more realistic, they seem a bit small to me, especially the Global Hawk.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3FrbHNS

2 hours ago, Bukain said:

42 minutes ago, uzabit said:

Bukain is correct - those pics, especially the reaper, have very confusing perspective. Arma model units are in meters, and we researched and precisely rescaled both drones prior to 1.0 using real life dimensions.

• Like 3

Just now, cry me a river said:

It's really nice to see how quickly the mod team is responding to feedback. Keep up the good work!

:yeahthat:

Thx for the hotfix - can confirm the server key / sign problem with the utility part is fixed 🙂

Just passing through to congratulate the entire USAF team on the release! The models look fantastic and the added features are just the kind that Arma needed. Great work everyone! Keep it up!

• Like 4

Thanks for the quick patch on C130 however I've encountered more issues. RHS Humvee or any of the smaller trucks did not work, 3CBF Land Rover did not work vanilla Hunter and whatever the Apex NATO 4 wheeler did not work either. It just came up with "This won't fit in the cargospace".  The only vehicle I got it to load was the quadbike, however once the loading animation was complete my camera (in 1st person) was positioned under the C130 and when I dismounted from the quadbike it was gone completely like it had been deleted from the world. No "unload cargo" option was available either. The only option that did pop up was "load cargo" but when I selected it nothing happened (no other vehicles were nearby). 

i was playing around and i found that ejecting from the C-17 will destroy it either from the passenger seat or the pilot seat, and i dont know why there is ejecting action for the crew in these airplanes (Utility planes) as they dont have ejection seats irl also i hope that you are working to fix the C-17 flying state each time i place it on flight level in the editor it starts with engines off and gears down and start falling to the ground on stalls situation, and good luck with the other models waiting by heart to see the other phases released