SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

Congratulations on the release :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The Hype! Also very professional pics on the download sites, they look very good!

Has there been any considerations give to static versions of the C-17 and C-130 like in CUP?

The static version of CUP's C-130 allows you to place it at a jump location and it will basically hang in the sky like a brick doesn't. You can then walk around in the interior and jump out the back. Makes a great prop for HALO jumps. 

Great first release though, really liking both the aircraft selection and the implementation. Great job!! 

• Like 2

Is phase 1 still in development? There are a lot of things wrong that I would expect to have been fixed after 4 years.

MQ-9:

• Still uses pre-Jets DLC flight model
  • Hellfires don't follow laser (with and without vanilla 'T' lock)

RQ-4:

• Bumps around on takeoff (tested on Altis and Stratis runways)
  • Texture geometry is broken

The KC-135 has no working cockpit instrumentation also.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Has there been any considerations give to static versions of the C-17 and C-130 like in CUP?

The static version of CUP's C-130 allows you to place it at a jump location and it will basically hang in the sky like a brick doesn't. You can then walk around in the interior and jump out the back. Makes a great prop for HALO jumps. 

Great first release though, really liking both the aircraft selection and the implementation. Great job!! 

Hey there, I'd actually suggest that you rather set the plane in EDEN as NOT enable simulation (under the Object: Special States tab) which will have the same effect although, the current issue is the door won't be opened unless (for the C17 & C130) you chuck this in the init so the door is open, I'd also suggest u lock the vehicle as if you get in a vehicle that doesn't have simulation you won't be able to get out (just house keeping) and I also suggest you are in Translation Widget (2 on keyboard) to avoid the units being added as passengers into the vehicle.

//C17
this animateSource ["back_ramp",1,true];
//or
this animateSource ["back_ramp_half",1,true];

//C130
this animateSource ["ramp_bottom", 1, true]; this animateSource ["ramp_top", 1, true];

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheSenDest said:

Is phase 1 still in development? There are a lot of things wrong that I would expect to have been fixed after 4 years.

MQ-9:

• Hellfires don't follow laser (with and without vanilla 'T' lock)

RQ-4:

• Bumps around on takeoff (tested on Altis and Stratis runways)
  • Texture geometry is broken

The KC-135 has no working cockpit instrumentation also.

Yes of course, we are definitely still developing! We only released now as is as a lot of work had been done. Our main focus was on the fighters and the missilebox, although the drones we never really took a look at. There definitely will be an update to fix these.
-EDIT #1-
Hellfires do track (need full vanilla lock currently) just need to get the plane in weapon constraints
KC-135 interior does need an interior update although this is not our priority right now as we believe it will mostly be an AI controlled asset. Please don't take offense to this decision, we're just occupied with parts of the mod!

• Like 4

I can not download through armaholic, there is no link

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jig0 said:

I can not download through armaholic, there is no link

Yeah, some users have hard time with mods on SWS - like myself (missions are a nobrainer, but mods never dl properly) - we hope a proper Armaholic or gdrive mirror would be provided and appreciated, thanks in advance!

Kudos for the outstanding release 😃

Cheers

• Like 2

Wow! Congrats for the release!

But please, can you give us an alternative link (armaholic or gdrive)? We all have been waiting this for so long.

Edited by Bukain
ddrive to *g*drive xD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lala14 said:

Yes of course, we are definitely still developing! We only released now as is as a lot of work had been done. Our main focus was on the fighters and the missilebox, although the drone's we never really took a look at. There definitely will be an update to fix these.
-EDIT #1-
Hellfires do track (need full vanilla lock currently) just need to get the plane in weapon constraints
KC-135 interior does need an interior update although this is not our priority right now as we believe it will mostly be an AI controlled asset. Please don't take offense to this decision, we're just occupied with parts of the mod!

This is awesome feedback, thank you. As for the part about weapon constraints; if the RPA is in a 800 meter orbit, can you define a reasonable vector cone for release? I'll test it myself as well but some info from you guys would help too on this!

Nice release!

When i eject from the F22 i get a missing texture error:

UJCAp4U.png?1

WOW. I must insatall arma 3 after 6 month break out

• Like 1

Sorry for the noob-ish question...but how do you use the missile box/service menu? I put one next to a plane, even link one to a plane, but no joy. What did I miss?

Thank you for the awesome release.

EDIT: sorry..I did find the service module, linked to the missile box, and now it works..KINDA: ONLY if you start the mission INSIDE the plane. If you get in after start, no service menu. Is it normal, or I fuc*ed something up?

LOVE IT! This completes my mod list as I do love the logistical and CAS/CAP capabilities that USAF brings.

This is SOOO much better than the previous mod (no offense).

Question:

How exactly is the refuel module used? I understand the sync process, but how to create the proper waypoints to give the a/c needing fueled the ability to do this.

I've placed the units in editor and have made the boom operator playable, but I see no functionality as to operate.

Secondly, can the AI be made to perform refuelling tasks?

Congrat on the release, really very nice mod.

For the steam link, could you add the Main Pack ad required addon for both Fighters Pack and Utility pack ?

Hey guys first feedback regarding the F35A. I really much like the new features with the pull up warning and so on feels like a light version of DCS, do you plan to add an audio warning too for this with all the beeping and pull up voice which you can turn on/off? The GBU-53 SBD 2 now hits targets like it should and is effective against tanks as opposed to the 2015 version where sometimes you had to dive bomb good job! Some scripts still have errors like the Spherical Coverage one where upon acticated it will fail with the message saying something like "AIM-120 Missiles run out" even though they are there. One thing that really bothered me was the low speed of the F35 even with the afterburner activated, peaking at about 850 to 900 when doing no maneuvers. With this it is actually slower than normal DLC jets even while using afterburner. You might want to up the thrust strength and maximum speed while using AB to about 1000-1200km/h. Other than that already impressive and I will report more bugs if I find some!

Also are the phases chronological in release date? Just wondering since it was said the F35B and C are already nearly done and I have no idea of bomber progress.

Hello!!
First of all thank you! It was worth the waiting!

2 issues:

1. On the F35 there is an option for UAV FEED. I can't seem to make it work and show feed from a UAV i spawned in the map?

2. GPS targeting seems to not work..i open the GPS target manual (can't remember the exact name), click on the map and then mark it as a target (than a red sign over my target), but the GPS bombs does not hit. Any help?

Thanks again!

Further feedback for the F35: The GAU-22/A has no explosive effect but is only armor piercing despite it using APEX ammunition and having explosion sounds when hitting the ground. Furthermore it is not that effective against other aircraft where sometimes you have to dump like 30 rounds in them. When activating afterburner the “AB“ symbol turns up in the vehicle status however it does not go away after deactivating it. The TGP of the F35 does not seem to have a 360 Degree Radius. The ECM script is working fine and as intended. However when shutting it down prematurely it gives an error message. When lying in wait with engine on and on zero thrust the F35 tends to slowly turn towards the left or the right. 

I am very much enjoying the new version of the mod! It makes so much fun. Glad that you guys are here!

I found links to armaholic, but it doesn't have the download button

i found a bug on the damage model of the F22A

74802722_440465536581241_479141955067759

Also the damage model of the A10 is floating

72914126_524126691751594_621567786906707

20 minutes ago, Jono the Cutest said:

I couldn't find how to use AC-130. Can you tell me how to AC-130? Like where is it?

It's not released yet.