SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

Hey Dedmen,

I looked through our commit history and none of our planes should be running that code as of 1.0.6. I was equally flabbergasted when I noticed what it was doing. 😅

I removed C17_init.sqf from the init order (it's still there just never called) just before we released 1.0 to Steam, and overhauled the F-35 init process in 1.0.6, removing F35_init.sqf.

Could you check what version you guys are running?

It just says v1, cannot find any further version info.

Its the version from workshop, I think?

Our server died due to variable spam, I logged which variables and found screen_5, and searching for screen_ I only found hits in C17 and f35a, and we had f35a placed in mission, so I looked at the script and found that problem 🤔

Maybe its not actually running, but something is still spamming screen_ variables and that init script would spam screen_ variables if it would run.

Indeed checking your config, I see no reference to f35_init.sqf. But your pbo's are the only ones that had hits for "screen_" 😕

If you are seeing F35_init.sqf in the folder at all, that indicates you're running something at least older than 1.0.6. Beyond that you should see semantic versioning in all the mod.cpp files:

description = "United States Air Force - Version 1.x.x.x";

If not, it's an ancient version from before our move to the (first) workshop.

• Sad 1

Hi team, I have question for you, Why all geometry model all planes, have default geometry matirial, instead of geometry matirial "a3\data_f\penetration\armour_plate_7mm.rvmat" All yours planes had constructed of metal, not sand.

Anyone know if there´s a script or something to get the Lesh towing mod to work with the C-17? The C-17 is kinda hard to manouver on the airfields on Tanoa...

Any tips on how to make a short takeoff with the C-17? Seems like the runways on Tanoa is to short....

On 3/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, Simpa86 said:

Any tips on how to make a short takeoff with the C-17? Seems like the runways on Tanoa is to short....

I bet u already trying to put flaps down... Right?

By SGT Fuller

Do you need some 3D model Do you need some 3D model in developpment mod ?

5 hours ago, anthony45 said:

By SGT Fuller

Do you need some 3D model Do you need some 3D model in developpment mod ?

I was looking for the asset itself. I can't find anything other than the master files in the github. C5 github master files.
Because there is no C5 in the current USAF mod 

Would anyone have a download link to a working model.. Thank you in advance.

Great project here! I have encountered something strange and I wonder if it's a known issue or perhaps I'm missing something.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have done more testing before posting here: the problem I'm having is not related to this mod. Solved below, I'll leave this here since it's at least tangentially related:

Spoiler

When using the FLIR modes from the AC-130 IR Operator's gun sights view, I don't seem to be able to see IR strobes blinking (which I created using createVehicle and the "NVG_TargetC" classname).

When I leave the gun sights view, and look at the PiP display for the gun sights, I do see the strobes, and they are also visible using the FLIR modes of the Splendid Camera, but no matter what I can't see them using the main gunsight view.

Any ideas? I would love to get this working even if it is a gimmick from CoD 😄

EDIT: If anyone comes across this I did find some discussion at https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3207 about scripting a solution. This is just an issue with how IR beacons in the base game work.

To save future readers time at that github link, the end result of that discussion turned into:

I tested using that addon, and it seems to work perfectly.  Instead of using createVehicle to spawn "NVG_TargetC" or one of the other vanilla IR beacon classes, with the addon you can create "MS_Strobe_Ammo_1".

A function employing that addon to put strobes on units that I wrote (based on code in https://github.com/ussrlongbow/RWT/blob/master/rwt.Altis/RWT/functions/forPlayers/fn_toggleLights.sqf) is:

DWR_fnc_attach_strobe = {
  params ["_unit"];
  private ["_thread"];
  _thread =  _unit spawn {
    private ["_light_obj"];
    sleep (random 2.65);
    while { alive _this } do {
      _light_obj = "MS_Strobe_Ammo_1" createVehicle [0,0,0];
      _light_obj attachTo [_this, [0,-0.03,0.07], "LeftShoulder"];
      sleep 300;
      if (not isNull _light_obj) then { deleteVehicle _light_obj };
    };
 };
};

Call it with:  [_unitToAttachTo] call DWR_fnc_attach_strobe;

I use it in friendly group init fields as:

_thread = (units this) spawn {
  waitUntil { not isNil "DWR_fnc_attach_strobe" };
  { [_x] call DWR_fnc_attach_strobe } forEach _this;
}

The sleeps aren't really ideal but I don't know how long the effect of the addon beacons is. The 300 can probably be much longer (author claims 5h).  If you want the beacons to be (slightly) more synchronized just remove the "sleep (random 2.65)".

Hello, I am trying to fully understand the use of the MQ-9 Reaper drone, but I would like to know the meaning of the abbreviations of the data located in the lower right part of the HUD of the uav turret.

Thanks,

I show you an image so you can see what I am referring to.

DuzNmlW.png

On 5/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, manelmonsech said:

Hello, I am trying to fully understand the use of the MQ-9 Reaper drone, but I would like to know the meaning of the abbreviations of the data located in the lower right part of the HUD of the uav turret.

Thanks,

I show you an image so you can see what I am referring to.

DuzNmlW.png

ELV is the elevation of the cursor target in ASL (above sea level) in metres.
BRG is the bearing difference between the aircraft and the cursor target from 0 to 360°

SLR is the slant range (imagine this being the distance from the plane directly to the cursor target) in metres

GDR is the ground range (imagine this being the 2d distance, from the ground to the cursor target) in metres
FVW is the field of view width basically the distance from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen in metres

FVH is the field of view height basically the distance from the bottom side of the screen to the top side of the screen in metres

FVW and FVH is used for back up measurements against GDR and SLR but because this is a game and the measurement is 100% accurate all the time you only need to really worry about SLR and BRG

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 7:58 PM, David ArmAstrong said:

Can I stop USAF mod from taking over the menu screen? 
Thanks!

picture/video?

On 3/19/2022 at 1:30 AM, WarhammerActual said:

Any chance we will see a C-5 release again? Ty in advance

The C-5 galaxy is in the old mod before the 2019 version, if you have that i suggest enabling both mods to get a combo of it all, i have a feeling most modders are redirecting their effort towards reforger and Arma 4, so we'd see less activity on Arma 3 mods, it's sad but progress always moves forward