SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

24 minutes ago, Jono the Cutest said:

I couldn't find how to use AC-130. Can you tell me how to AC-130? Like where is it?

AC 130 is work in progress  as they stated in the other thread

10 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

EDIT: sorry..I did find the service module, linked to the missile box, and now it works..KINDA: ONLY if you start the mission INSIDE the plane. If you get in after start, no service menu. Is it normal, or I fuc*ed something up? 

Reproduced and made a bug report. Hangars and the USAF containers and missile carts can also be used for service points. Also, enabling 'Replace Vanilla Auto-Service' in the CBA mission settings will make all vanilla trucks and containers function as USAF service points. Plan to make a service menu tutorial soon.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, uzabit said:

It's not released yet.

14 hours ago, A.Cipher said:

AC 130 is work in progress  as they stated in the other thread

Ah, I see. I thought it was released as written on the feature list. Thank you.

You mean you didn't read the very first post of this topic?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Will the mod be on Armacholice?  Will I be able to download it from armacholic?  I write through a translator, you forgive me for my English

Another bug I can only confirm on the F35 currently as it is the only plane I have flown yet. When using the Service Menu, changing to one of the preset loadouts, for example the SDB loadout, the cannon GAU-22/A will dissappear leaving you with only the missiles and bombs. 

10 hours ago, Adam Noble said:

Will the mod be on Armacholice?  Will I be able to download it from armacholic?  I write through a translator, you forgive me for my English

He already said the link will be up soon, so be patient bud. Or go the steam route which i wouldn't as it eat my mobile data so much loll 

• Thanks 1

- Reaper doesn't show ammo count.

- F-22 canon firing sound is old and incorrect. Doesn't match the fire rate.

- A-10 sometimes wont change the weapon when laser is on.

not sure if you are already aware but some few things i have seen. the A-10 sometimes wont change the weapon when i hit F. it just flashes the same weapon. and the C-130's interior light is extremely dim rather than lighting the whole cargo bay. and was wondering if being able to load the MOAB is being saved for the MC-130J Commando.

Loving the update so far. I do have a few criticisms though.

The main bay doors remain constantly open when the AIM-120C are selected and if there are still missiles left in the weapons bay. The way the function in real life is to only open when the missile is being launched; note that this does not apply to the side bays for the AIM-9X. Because these missiles need to have a direct line of sight and datalink usage can be sketchy in a dogfight with friendly aircraft around, the sidewinders are left in the slipstream with the bay doors open when the missiles are selected. The AIM120Cs are designed primarily for long range use and thus they always use a datalink for initial guidance; even when the bay doors are open the missile rails are not extended and so the missiles cannot see the target anyway. The AIM-120s can still be deployed at short range, but its riskier in real life (though this is not something that is replicated in Arma 3 game mechanics). The way we can better reflect this in game with the mod is to only open the bay doors when the missile or bomb is being ejected. 

The F-22's cannon sounds like a rat tat tat machine gun firing sound effect when it should be closer to a higher pitched version of the A-10s BRRRT

There is currently no computer aided aim reticle for the gun. There is a special piper icon for the gun IRL that is also used by the vanilla game. The piper hovers over where the cannon shells will go given their ballistics and the plane's trajectory. In simple terms, it is a lead computer site. You simply put this sight over an enemy aircraft instead of guessing the amount of lead necessary yourself.

Minor issue: The AIM-120's on the missile rack used for the service menu have "AIM-120B" written on them.

I know you guys are busy finishing the rest of the mod, so please consider this only as a possible next step when you move towards polishing.

Any news on adding back the move in back feature for aircraft like the C-130?!

I must say this mod is really awesome, but i have noticed 2 bugs with the C-17

1. After dropping Cargo the Ramp does not close and the plane thinks it is open so you cant close it anymore

2. The loading of vehicles does not work on dedicated servers(tested with kp_liberation v0.96.6) but it does work on local server with the same mods loaded

Can you turn the m1 abrams and the m2 bradley from rhs into the batt of the c17?

AKM9tun.jpg

a9AvWhu.jpg

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, GamerOnkel said:

Can you turn the m1 abrams and the m2 bradley from rhs into the batt of the c17?

i can confirm yes.  i only put one bradley in but the C-17 can only fit one Abrams due to the weight capacity.

12 hours ago, cry me a river said:

The AIM120Cs are designed primarily for long range use and thus they always use a datalink for initial guidance; even when the bay doors are open the missile rails are not extended and so the missiles cannot see the target anyway. The AIM-120s can still be deployed at short range, but its riskier in real life (though this is not something that is replicated in Arma 3 game mechanics). The way we can better reflect this in game with the mod is to only open the bay doors when the missile or bomb is being ejected. 

First of all the AIM-120C is a Radar guided Medium (not Long) range missile. They use the aircraft radar information for initial guidance and after a certain period after launch the missile will go "Pitbull" meaning it will turn on it's own active radar to keep tracking the target (It does not require the aircraft to keep active lock on the target either, unlike the AIM-7 which is a semi-active radar missile). Additionally the AIM-120 doesn't need a launch rail unlike the AIM-9X (hence it extends a little out of the F-22, and which is why the F-35 can't carry AIM-9's internally) and can just be "dropped" after which the missile's motor will go active. It also does not need to "look" at the target with any form of sensor on the nose as it doesn't have such a thing (again unlike the AIM-9 which has a Heatseeking sensor in the nose). And the thing with the bay being constantly open when the missile/bomb type is selected is something we will look into.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GamerOnkel said:

Due to our older loading system (relying on the bounding box around the vehicle to determine the size) and RHS's bounding boxes being a decent bit larger than the vehicles themselves (can be seen in editor) it is currently limited to what your images show with the vehicle being "too big". We will fix this in future when moving to the vanilla ViV system

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cry me a river said:

The way the function in real life is to only open when the missile is being launched;

Edit: we'll look into it.

As for everyone, we can't respond to everyone on every platform but we're tracking all the bug reports and tackling them in order of priority.

Edited by raynor_d
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Foxone said:

First of all the AIM-120C is a Radar guided Medium (not Long) range missile. They use the aircraft radar information for initial guidance and after a certain period after launch the missile will go "Pitbull" meaning it will turn on it's own active radar to keep tracking the target (It does not require the aircraft to keep active lock on the target either, unlike the AIM-7 which is a semi-active radar missile). Additionally the AIM-120 doesn't need a launch rail unlike the AIM-9X (hence it extends a little out of the F-22, and which is why the F-35 can't carry AIM-9's internally) and can just be "dropped" after which the missile's motor will go active. It also does not need to "look" at the target with any form of sensor on the nose as it doesn't have such a thing (again unlike the AIM-9 which has a Heatseeking sensor in the nose). And the thing with the bay being constantly open when the missile/bomb type is selected is something we will look into.

I know how they work. I only included a brief description so it didn't seem like I was nit picking at something that isn't broken. I brought it up because I think the Vanilla fighters and the RHS fighters do manage to get this detail, so it thought I was possible. This isn't game breaking, just something to maybe remedy when you guys have fixed the bigger issues with bugs and the like

Also, just a quick fix that players can use to remedy a problem with the F-22's cockpit zoom; when you right click to zoom in for say a gun run the camera zooms into the head down displays instead of at the head up display. To fix this as a stop gap before it gets patched, simply press 8 on the number pad or whatever key is binded to adjusting the camera upwards. This will cause the camera to be recentered so it is facing up at an upwards angle from where it was before, which lets you zoom in through the HUD. The difference is negligible when you zoom out so you do not need to constantly adjust the camera.

One final sidenote: I do not know if this is intentional and I am not complaining about this, but the F-22 AI pilots are aggressive as hell. I made a quick scenario to test out the new version with USAF mod F-22s against RHS SU-57s with external weapons (since the currently fielded R-77 can't fit internally and the R-77M is not yet fielded) and the AI F-22 just dove in behind and shot his @$$ point blank. In a 4v4 against the SU-57s the AI F-22 with no help from me won 4-0

20191022034114_1.jpg20191022034136_1.jpg

I have to retract my last statement regarding F-22 AI aggressiveness. It's appears to be a fluke. Every time I load up a scenario now the F-22 pilots literally turn around and run away. Maybe there's a bug with the AI behaviours regarding this plane?