Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Reskinned USMC3 Beta

Charles Wipman sent us a reskinned version of Earl & Suchey USMC3 Beta Units. Keep in mind that as he didn't changed yet the class names and configs you'll overwrite original Earl and Suchey Marines, and that the upcoming MARPAT Marines will render the beta models unusable.

This USMC3 Beta addon is done by Earl & Suchey from Baconbomb & the textures are done by the ppl of the HK Pack 2. I only have retextured them to use it well in my own MPMissions, i've rearmed 'em & i've do too a entire unit from the single soldier addon.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

those need a shitload of addons, i couldnt try them but they look alrite

Yes Sigma, the Canadian military sucks. Oi. I personally hate my own country, which is pretty bad, but nowadays I hate everything but the OFP world. I'm getting off-topic. I think I may be confusing the military with the government. I'd like to retract what I said about the military and replace the word Military with Canadian Government.

Overall, units look kick-ass, and these retextured ones look good enough, but, if they required a few less addons, they'd definitely be better, as they'd be much easier to implement in missions and that.

AK

Reskinned USMC3 Beta

Charles Wipman sent us a reskinned version of Earl & Suchey USMC3 Beta Units. Keep in mind that as he didn't changed yet the class names and configs you'll overwrite original Earl and Suchey Marines, and that the upcoming MARPAT Marines will render the beta models unusable.

This USMC3 Beta addon is done by Earl & Suchey from Baconbomb & the textures are done by the ppl of the HK Pack 2. I only have retextured them to use it well in my own MPMissions, i've rearmed 'em & i've do too a entire unit from the single soldier addon.

Please help me No entry '.modelSpecial'.

Need a point in the right direction.

Reskinned USMC3 Beta

Please help me No entry '.modelSpecial'.

Need a point in the right direction.

Means you dont have a weapon that it requires.

Why would you re-skin such a great addon that hasn't been officially released yet? .....................wait til they release them.......you give the real MARPATS and weapons a unjust view of what they really are..................and they are going to be great....hold on...........it's worth the wait!

and besides,they have put countless hours into the project to make them perfect,what your doing is a shame........

Why would you re-skin such a great addon that hasn't been officially released yet? .....................wait til they release them.......you give the real MARPATS and weapons a unjust view of what they really are..................and they are going to be great....hold on...........it's worth the wait!

and besides,they have put countless hours into the project to make them perfect,what your doing is a shame........

No, what they done is to reskin the beta one.

for the look of it the pack that Earl and Suchey will release are zillions better than the beta, so if someone had reskined the betas on normal camo that's a good news.

The bad thing about it is that replace the beta file, so that's no so good, because you can choose between the originals or the reskinned.

The other bad thing is the weapons, if that was me I would gived them a small weapons pack, ider made by the same author or someone ellse, or just live them with the estandard BIS weapons and let the mission editor choosse what addon weapons are going there.

No, what they done is to reskin the beta one.

for the look of it the pack that Earl and Suchey will release are zillions better than the beta, so if someone had reskined the betas on normal camo that's a good news.

The bad thing about it is that replace the beta file, so that's no so good, because you can choose between the originals or the reskinned.

The other bad thing is the weapons, if that was me I would gived them a small weapons pack, ider made by the same author or someone ellse, or just live them with the estandard BIS weapons and let the mission editor choosse what addon weapons are going there.

Once again, it doesn't really matter. When the USMC Marpat Marines and Russian Naval Infantry are released, that addon will be obsolete and unusable.

And when these new units are released, it'll look like a lot of things will be obsolete.

AK

any ETA on this addon?

I wouldn't count on any close...

There is so much to be done sad_o.gif

Whaaa! They look practically finished! What else is there that you can improve?

AK

Whaaa! They look practically finished! What else is there that you can improve?

AK

I think many members of the community dont understand the various levels of work that are needed, what you see in screenshots is about 1/10th of the work done to an addon, there are LOD's, scripting, coding, bug fixing, general improvements to the model/textures, optimization and a pack of this size requires an awful lot of weapons making, so just because they look finished doesnt mean they are finished, or even close.

(However bear in mind I have no idea how this addon is progressing or how much is left to do, i am just commenting on the 'it looks finished!' comment that seems to spring up every time a screenshot is posted of an addon.)

It does indeed look finished, but we're still finding bugs and things to fix almost every day. And we've only had a few units released for testing thus far - none of the testers have yet seen the heavy machinegunners, snipers, recon/spetznaz or whatever else Suchey and Earl are cooking up.

none of the testers have yet seen the heavy machinegunners, snipers, recon/spetznaz or whatever else Suchey and Earl are cooking up.

Ohhhhh man....mouth_water.gif

none of the testers have yet seen the heavy machinegunners, snipers, recon/spetznaz or whatever else Suchey and Earl are cooking up.

Me agree. Who does know what Suchey and Earl are making.For all we know they could be making basic US army soldiers and a config to change the soldiers with BIS soldiers.

Their PR policy is admirable. Eviscerator, you're correct. I do often say this myself, and I do see it a lot. They look damned fantastic. There's apparently a lot more to be done, so I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll just go off and play this wonderful Spetsgruppa Vympel Mod, for Ghost Recon. (I think that Earl and or Suchey had a hand in making this SGV mod.)

AK

Me agree. Who does know what Suchey and Earl are making.For all we know they could be making basic US army soldiers and a config to change the soldiers with BIS soldiers.

theyre still talking about wats to be made

these beta tests are gonna take ages since other soldier models havent even been made yet i think

i read in their forum somewhere that they havent decided wat to fully make

like b4 wen they first started they said us marines marpat

then the spetznas came out of nowhere

wen the beta stages for the usmc m came out

will just wait and c

like wat bas always say

Earl&Suchey was involved in making JAM, so I think it is pretty obvious that they will use JAM magazines for their units wink_o.gif

Earl&Suchey was involved in making JAM, so I think it is pretty obvious that they will use JAM magazines for their units wink_o.gif

Yep! wink_o.gif

Addons.........10 for a dollar

Quality addons..........$10 dollars a piece

The best damn addons so far........priceless wink_o.gif

theyre still talking about wats to be made

these beta tests are gonna take ages since other soldier models havent even been made yet i think

i read in their forum somewhere that they havent decided wat to fully make

like b4 wen they first started they said us marines marpat

then the spetznas came out of nowhere

wen the beta stages for the usmc m came out

will just wait and c

like wat bas always say

If you haven't noticed already, Suchey owns a server and the main use for these MARPATS is for his server. The reason he made Russian Naval Marines is because he simply needed OPFOR for his beautiful MARPATS for balance, and use in PvP maps.