Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

There are also rail mounts on the hand guards.

Cloney, please explain. Handguard? Do you mean Forestock?

AK

M16a4.gif

m16a4-2.gif

m16a2-3.gif

here you can see that the M16A4 has rails on the handguard to mount all the little gadgets.

What you guys are on about?

I was about this pic, a M40A3 no an M16A2 or 4 or 20000000000000000, nider an M4.

ofp_m40a3_00.jpg

What you guys are on about?

I was about this pic, a M40A3 no an M16A2 or 4 or 20000000000000000, nider an M4.

ofp_m40a3_00.jpg

For the record; I was indeed talking about the M40A3. I still think it's a RIS to mount other scopes/devices. I've seen the some thing on the M4 SPW aswell. The guy had a holo-sight attached on the RIS on top of the scope. This way he could also use the weapon in CQB.

$33ker @ Aug. 07 2003,19:10)]yeah and that rail mount is fixed to the M40 and holds the scope. (I think you forgot to say that AKM) wink_o.gif

Are you going to keep that Harris bipod where it is, or do you plan to make a version with the unfolded bipod?

This post was about the M40,too. smile_o.gif

ACK! lol. Damn. But now I know more about the M-16A4 and I'm pretty sure your question got answered too, so everyone wins. blues.gif

AK

Lol, you right there.

I couldn't work out that mount. I seen lasers, lamps, spirit levels, even range finder devices that cost you an eye and a half, and some other stuff, but I didn't though about another type of sight for CQB.

Now I satisfied my curiosity, thanks  wink_o.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>EDIT</span></span>

Back to topic.

It may been said already, but, are you guys thinking about implementing independent NV sights for the new weapons?

I don't know if the marines would have night vision goggles in their normal gear, I would expect that only from other especial ops, like SEALS or deltas, but no from the marines.

I'm probably wrong, surely I am.

And I know the engine limitations for Flash Point, but I'm sure a script can tell when the player is selecting the scope, and if that can be tell to the script you can give an activated set of NV goggles to the player and then take it of when is using another view.

Why do we need NV scopes when we can already use the current scopes through our NVGs anyway?

It's a good idea but like cloney said why not just use the scopes with the NV-goggles and take them off whilst not using a scope? Well I am sure it would work but it would just leave the fella's with extra work.

But if you have time please implement this feature.

cero

Quote[/b] ]I don't know if the marines would have night vision goggles in their normal gear, I would expect that only from other especial ops, like SEALS or deltas, but no from the marines.

I think NVGs aren't only there for SF guys. those times are long gone. biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

added quote to show what i'm talking about. wink_o.gif

Well NVG scopes are still widely in use. Stopping to untuck your rucksack in the middle of night time combat might not be som comfortable. But this is OFP give the guys NVG's smile_o.gif

I was just wondering, just wondering.

During the Iraki invasion( modern one that's it) I was watching the news and a few times they shwed night fire fights, and the most of the  fire fights showed where by ider British or American Marines, and when the American marines where showed, I noticed this NV scopes, but no gogles, but that wasn't allways like that ofcourse.

I personally really fancy an rpk addon like that for the Russians, cos I was hoping that the Nomad mod would release something like that, but I never heard anything for a long long time. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/1402.jpg

Bloody gorgeous.

Hey, some question about the spetsnatz

Will they have any "special" weapons? such as the AN-94, AK10x or VSS Vintorez?

Will there be a new SVD? or just the JAM SVD?

Would be nice with a RPG-29 to counterpart the JAM M136

Hey, some question about the spetsnatz

Will they have any "special" weapons? such as the AN-94, AK10x or VSS Vintorez?

Will there be a new SVD? or just the JAM SVD?

Would be nice with a RPG-29 to counterpart the JAM M136

Erm, the JAM SVD is just the BIS SVD enabled to use the JAM SVD Mag, if they do create a new weapon they can also make the weapon use the JAM SVD magazine, just thought id clear it up incase there is any confusion.

A SVD-S or SVD-K type rifle would be nice. And a RPG-29 would be awesome, as a counterpart to the M-136 AT-4, as the RPG-7V is an equivelant to the LAAW.

AK

If there is, an SVD-K type rifle would be better than an SVD-S. The SVD-K type is a full lenth "Modernized" SVD with a folding skeleton stock, and is more likely to be carried by RFNI/MORPEH troops than an SVD-S, which is primarily a SVD-K, only with a shortened barrel. Also, they fire a new round.

9.3x39mm. Nice round.

AK

I ithink you've got something wrong there. If I remember correctly, the SVDK is the version chambered for 9.3x39mm.

dragunov-svds.jpg

SVDS

IMHO they should make the SVDS instead of the SVDK because the main round for snipers is still 7,62 x 54 mm R.

here are the newest pics of the SVD family I could find:

SVD

Quote[/b] ]SVD now has a new synthetic furniture, detachable bipod, adjustable buttplate and a 3-9x42 MINUTA scope.

SVDK

Quote[/b] ]IZHMASH has recently disclosed their new project - the SVDK sniper rifle in caliber 9.3x64 mm. The rifle features a bipod, detachable 10-rd magazine, folding stock. The rifle can accommodate any type of sighting devices of both daytime and night vision.

SVDS

Quote[/b] ]SVDS, developed primarily for the air-borne troops, has a shorter barrel, a conical flash suppressor, a detachable bipod. The rifle is equipped with novel "Giperon" scope with variable magnification capability.

All from this site.

I think you guys have mixed up two different calibers, 9x39 and 9.3x64. There seems to be plenty of '9.3x39's mentioned...