Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Abrams...no...they will not have armor values extended that far. We are aiming for an armor value which will allow slight simulation of the interceptor vests, but without straying too far from the BIS level of damage. In addition, we have scripted effects which simulate impact of a bullet to the vest and your soldier will react accordingly. In addition, armor values will not be static across the classes...example...a sniper will have less body armor than a rifleman but he will also be able to move slightly faster. I think the reason Blackdog was able to score such a one sided victory above is because the Russian side was armed with high dispersion version of the weapons while his own squad was each armed with an M249 SAW.

I think Abrams is more concerned about the USMC vs. Naval Infantry matchup. They will have identical settings for fair multiplayer games.

yup...looks like those are default Russians armed with high dispersion AKs.  VS. what looks to be an entire squad of SAW gunner USMC  biggrin_o.gif   lambs to the slaughter

nice to know.

I was already afraid that your MORPEH would be just some sitting ducks for your uber-Marines. crazy_o.gif

Why don't you make pictures of the same situation with MORPEH vs. BIS US Army units? biggrin_o.gif

just to prove that they can keep up with the marines. tounge_o.gif

About the weapons... Will the M16's be better/superior vs. the AK-74M's?

What about the M249 vs. RPK-74M? M240 vs. PKM?

We're using JAM mags, and we've decided to make the M16 very slightly more accurate than the AK74, mostly due to the better bullet. I forget if the damage is the same or one point less for the AK74. (9 vs 10?). But it has full auto, which is a lifesaver in some CQB situations.

M249 takes up both main weapon spots, so you can't carry AT weapons. Mags will take much longer to reload. It's slower to aim with. RPK74 can be carried along with AT weapons. Mags are reloaded at the same speed as ARs. It's faster to aim.

PKM will be very similar to M240, they're pretty comparable aside from ROF.

The AK is 1/2 a point lower in damage than the M16...the full auto more than makes up for it in CQB! 1/2 point is almost so tiny a difference that it is almost not noticeable in game. Many of our beta testers (such as myself) prefer the AK to the M16. In regard to the RPK, its a different weapon than the SAW, and cant quite be used in the same manner, but its still a horse! I really like using it in-game....so yes...they are both good weapons, but rather hard to compare as they suit different styes! The Russians will be a solid match for the Marines....no worries biggrin_o.gif

I have to go with Suchey, When it comes to having a nice handy weapon for inner-city fighting I think the RPK kicks the crap out of the SAW. However, if you are ambushing a few squads of Russians then the M249 is the way to go. One nice long killing burst and you can take out a whole squad in column formation. The SAW is also a work of art smile_o.gif

True but I love the the quick and deadly RPK74M. Firing it with short bursts is perfect. I keep mowing down those marines from a nice distance. And the weapon looks oh so cool. The SAW is ofcourse also a really nice weapon. but not something you'll be able to aim with as quickly as the RPK.

as for the m16 and ak. I prefer the ak for it's ability to fire in short (two round) bursts(when used in full auto you can do this; the ak has no burst option itself). The 3 round burst on the m16 is just one round too many to keep full control over the kickback (that's why new prototype weapons have a two round burst instead of the 3 round)

Don't worry Abrams... to be quite honest... the Russian Naval Infantry kick my ass so I had to resort to the JAM HD guys... I'm sure that the Naval Infantry AI could do that to a few MARPAT squads if they had a couple of RPK74M's and a few Grenades ;)

If you are concerned about balance Abrams, I put a couple guys on the runway on Nogova:

testarea.jpg

Each squad consisted of:

1x Medic

3x Rifleman

I did this because the M249 is too much of a monster when it comes to shooting people in an open area right directly in front of him... and I didn't put in a grenadier because they would take out eachother's squad in one shot.

Test 1:

Naval Infantry Wins (3 still alive)

Test 2:

Naval Infantry Wins (1 still alive)

Test 3:

USMC Wins (1 still alive)

Test 4:

USMC Wins (2 still alive)

Of course, when making an actual map... the balance is up to the mission designer, so this test is not reflecting what an operation with 3 or 4 USMC guys in a forest attacking a base of 20 Naval Infantry.

Sometimes I think that Blackdog has too much time on his hands but this time he has actually done something meaningful!

I am not sure if this was listed in the weapons list posted earlier but... here goes.

Will the MARPAT or the MORPEH come with any form of new AT weapon? Like the Javelin and the Russians counterpart? (I don't know what AT weapon Russian Naval Infantry uses)

Sorry if this question was answered before smile_o.gif

I think all we can say about AT weapons at the moment is that it's floating around in discussion. I can't say for sure if I'll have the time to deal with them.

Quote[/b] ]We're in beta phase 4 and it will probably take another 3 beta's until it's released (or so suchey said some time ago). Suchey and Earl are WAY over the 50% done. Beta testing just takes time and not all the stuff is finished yet. I don't think suchey has a real release date planned.

Mission will be included in the pack. (a lot were created for beta testing)

smile_o.gif

please abrams, don't start spamming the thread asking for release dates when I just posted that there's no release date planned (the post that sashman quoted).

As I said; it takes time. Not all stuff is done yet and some stuff is even being discussed (wether it should or should not be in the pack). Some soldier models have not been finished yet. Suchey and Earl (and the others working on it) are working really hard to get stuff done. Suchey and Earl have just chosen a different approach to PR than BAS. They choose to bring out news as often as they can and pictures of new stuff when it's completed. So don't hold your breath until a release date is posted here, but enjoy the pictures and discuss them with the forum members.

Hello. As my first post here, I've chosen this thread. Not entirely sure why.

MARPAT is a copy of the Canadian Forces CADPAT pattern, which in turn is a slightly modified version of the Danish Armed Forces camo. The Danes used circles and blotches on their uniform, Canada modified the sequence, and used blocks instead, to help conceal you from the NVG systems via helping you blend in with the static. MARPAT just has changed around colours.

Also, to Earl and Suchey. Your guys look awesome. I have already completed 1 mission, hopefully fitting to your units... I'll put them in on the moment of their release and try and get the mission to you, somehow. But, I also have two questions. You've gone for balance between both the USMC and the MORPEH. (MORPEH = Russian Federation Naval Infantry right?) and there is one thing that has been nagging at my mind for some time. I think that Marine Force Recon units were mentioned at some time or another, does this mean that I may see Naval Spetsnaz?!

AK

It does indeed. The addon is not based around Spetz or Force Recon, but Special Forces will enter the picture to a limited extent.

now is theat great news, or what?

I love Spetsnaz. And having seen the russain models that are in beta now, I can only say that these spetsnaz will be top-qualtity. I wonder what equipment naval spetsnatz use. Any info anyone?

I'm looking forward to new Spetzntatz units as for some reason the old cleaning lady style headcloth looks kinda out of place on the standard BIS ones  biggrin_o.gif

And about the derivation of MARPAT: Is it just me or does it remind anyone of the German Flektarn pattern? All the little dots...

Yes it somewhat looks like the german camo and the danish cam and the ...and so on. There are a lot of countries out there that use "dot" camo.

It does indeed.  The addon is not based around Spetz or Force Recon, but Special Forces will enter the picture to a limited extent.

but isnt it true that force recon are not part of the special forces

they do similar tasks but are not official part of the special forces.....and arent special forces only part of the army not any other branch like seals which are part of special operations

so do we get a hint u guys mite make more than marines??? tounge_o.gif

jk...on the last statement