Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Aw damn. I keep wanting to reach through my monitor and go through that guy's mag vest. That is unbelievably realistic, I didn't know that it was possible to make OFP like that... wow.

AK

Aw damn. I keep wanting to reach through my monitor and go through that guy's mag vest. That is unbelievably realistic, I didn't know that it was possible to make OFP like that... wow.

AK

I got the same as you mate I want those units badly...Finaly there are good Rusian soldiers that look ultra real wow_o.gif

Yes, with a new weapon attack and animation:

Shove paddle up opponents ass.

tounge_o.gif AK

OK, really daft question time (I'm sure to embarrass myself, but never mind): why is the topic called Modern usmc (United States Marine Corps?) marpat, but the discussion is about Russian units? sad_o.gif

OK, really daft question time (I'm sure to embarrass myself, but never mind): why is the topic called Modern usmc (United States Marine Corps?) marpat, but the discussion is about Russian units?  sad_o.gif

Part of the same pack! wink_o.gif

OK, really daft question time (I'm sure to embarrass myself, but never mind): why is the topic called Modern usmc (United States Marine Corps?) marpat, but the discussion is about Russian units?  sad_o.gif

Part of the same pack!  wink_o.gif

because originally it was just marpats but now its morpeh as well smile_o.gif

Yup, which is great. I like how you get both sides, so you can make a mission with both sides looking awsome.

I bookmarked this thread and I don't know any better, so...

Is this thread dead?! crazy_o.gif

AK

no...thread is not dead, we just haven't had much to show and tell in the past couple weeks...but more info will be coming soon along with plenty of screenshots. A little nibblet of info...we have added some things which we had previously said would not be in the pack (no its not vehicles...we will elave those to the expert vehicle folks!). More info to come soon!

Excellence... *Taps fingers together, Ala Mongomery Burns style.*

NOTE:

AK is not to be held responsible for use of Simpson impersonation. AK is not legally responsible for misuse, if any, of Simpsons trademark. BIS is not legally responsible. If you are a lawyer, you are a soulless scavenger of strife.

NOTE:

AK is not to be held responsible for comments regarding lawyers. AK is not legally responsible for lawyer-related comments. BIS and Codemasters are not legally responsible for Lawyer-Comments.

I'll just shut up now. wink_o.gif

AK

i usally dont make these kind of comments but here it goes i understand how hard it is to make addons that are bug free and great all at the same time but for the last month or more we have seen so mant screenshots of these units that it looks like the are 99% done if anything let the best beta testers do some work that is the ofp community that come to this forum each day let us test them and help in finding any bugs if any but dont continue to tease us with great screens of units we cant have each day for weeks at a time

Not so simple as that i don't think, the models that you see are probably 99% complete, but you don't know how much of the whole "pack" that represents, as far as i am aware they are relasing these units one at a time to testing (i.e rifleman, sniper, machinegunner &c.) and it would hardly be worth releasing to the community in that way would it?

Right.

I really don´t know what they are waiting for.

And after we have seen all "features" on screenshots, what will give us the "wow-effect" when the addon is released?

At this point, "bas-politics" is better. Show only a few screenshots and then release.

And no, it´s not whining, it´s like *ok, you have shown us enough of your 99,99999999% ready addons, can you please release it*.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

thankyou lee unclesam.gif

edit

like lee said doing it BAS style is better very few screens just to show progress but thats it all the screens lately are of the beta testers haveing fun playing with something we as a community cant have yet its like taking the lollypop from the baby even before you gave the baby a lollypop

i usally dont make these kind of comments but here it goes    i understand how hard it is to make addons that are bug free and great all at the same time but for the last month or more we have seen so mant screenshots of these units that it looks like the are 99% done  if anything let the best beta testers do some work that is the ofp community that come to this forum each day  let us test them and help in finding any bugs if any but dont continue to tease us with great screens of units we cant have each day for weeks at a time

I agree on the part that the beta testers shouldn't tease us or shoulld I say boast of the units on almost every picture they make. When suchey or earl releae pics it's ok. But the use of these beautiful units on so many pics leaves to me the impression that I am the only one who can't enjoy them.

Well, the reason that you won't be playing with them anytime soon is because they're not done. Yes, the ten soldier models we have right now (US and Russian rifleman, corpsman, squad leader, autorifleman and grenadier) are pretty much done. But we're getting more units besides those - to include a machinegunner, sniper, recon/spetznaz, probably an AT gunner, and anything else they've thought up that nobody's seen yet. And those all need to be tested too, as they are all different. I'd like to see a radioman, but I don't know if that's coming, and I'd also like to see a SMAW gunner, but I don't know if that is coming either.

Plus, it's not just a matter of getting the unit to look right. Every unit has a set of scripts as well, which do some really damn cool things. All those need to be thoroughly tested (this is probably the biggest thing - just to make sure they work right).

So don't think of these pics your seeing from the beta testers as teasing. Earl and suchey have a pretty open beta process where they let the testers post pics. Would you rather be kept in the dark about it? Plus, you also don't get to see what the scripts do.

We're closing in on beta 5 - out of 9 total betas, I believe. I don't know how much work Suchey and Earl have left, but I promise you it will be worth the wait. And you're gonna get TONS of MP and SP missions to go along with it (I already have 15 in my MP Mission Cache, with more in the works every day).

So treasure OFP as you know it right now, cos when you get your hands on these puppies your mind's gonna get blown and you won't ever want to play with other units again. smile_o.gif

Would you rather be kept in the dark about it?

Oh yes that's exaclty what I want. (no I'm not kidding)

It's much easier to wait for them when you don't see them on every corner. I understand a beta tester/mod team member has other views. I'm just expressing mine.

yah hellfish you get to play with them you have 15 mp missions for them i have none