DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

@DnA Look at the street of the AA position near Zapadlisko, the road is a little bit skew and on the ind. near Sitnik you place a sign not correct, please check the ladders, i climb it with my back and fell deep 🙂

And check the road ends and crosses, there are cutoffs with out smooth texture ends and texture glitches wich looks from above like arrows on the street.

• Thanks 1

Hey i am shure the livonians wouldnt have any MBT but this is a idea:

Give them the MBT-52 Kuma (maybe the AAF buy here from the livonians ?!) and mount a MG3 RCWS on it, i also really like it when you can make special sounds for all RCWS with a MG3 RCWS you would also make the sounds of the Nyx auto canon submachine gun too and maybe also MG3 RCWS for all Nyx variants for the LDF ?

handling.gif

• Like 1

Since Kuma is based on Leopard 2 - it actually would fit pretty well if one want consider Livonia being inspired by Poland. 

As for the tractor, it's obviously absolute highlight and key feature, therefore it should be definitelly changed to Polish Ursus regardless of effort required. Pure beauty

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Since Kuma is based on Leopard 2 - it actually would fit pretty well if one want consider Livonia being inspired by Poland. 

Well Poland still uses T-72, their variant is called PT-91, the latest upgraded PT-16 looks similar to CSAT T-100.  Perhaps some mesh hack in order to implement PT-16 for new faction? 

BTW Devs, I'm still hoping your Edita tank eventually will be added to the game.

• Like 1

Well Poland still uses T-72, their variant is called PT-91, the latest upgraded PT-16 looks similar to CSAT T-100.  Perhaps some mesh hack in order to implement PT-16 for new faction? 

The bigger variety, the better. I suppose, it's about getting something as close to real counterpart, as doable, at lowest cost possible, to slip even at this late point through required time/money obstacle. Not sure, which would fit better such conditions.

Slightly reskinned Kuma IMO could pass as Polish 2A4 modernized to 2PL:

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/leopard_2pl.htm

From the other hand T-100 indeed could pass as some super modernized derivative of T-72/PT-91, assuming, at 2035 they would still bother with keeping updated such aged post-Eastern Bloc platform. 

Of course if no go anyway, one could simply use even plain Kuma or T-100, crew it with Levonian troops and call it good enough. 🙂

a good idea for multiplayer PVP  could be a Version of Endgame with alien artifacts to discover by this toolsSpectrum_Device.png

• Like 4

@DnA We cant use CBRN in MP or in oure own missions, youre kidding ?!

*This gear is primarily cosmetic; limited features are only available in the context of Contact's campaign and gameplay.

"Please also note that some of the more thematic Contact assets that make use of custom scripted functionality within the "First Contact" singleplayer campaign, such as the CBRN gear, gas masks, or the blindfold, are purely cosmetic items when used in Arma 3 multiplayer and the wider sandbox."

CBRN.png

https://arma3.com/contact

1 hour ago, maxl30 said:

We cant use CBRN in MP or in oure own missions, youre kidding ?!

*This gear is primarily cosmetic; limited features are only available in the context of Contact's campaign and gameplay.

https://arma3.com/contact

I think it's for the best : a built-in system would get in the way of custom scripts and mods. You can still use them, there are a ton of CBRN related scripts out there.

Unless it can be disabled via module, but it's not the usual approach with official content.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

We cant use CBRN in MP or in oure own missions, youre kidding ?!

You can certainly use the gear in MP, custom scenarios, anywhere - but it will not have advanced native functionality there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DnA said:

You can certainly use the gear in MP, custom scenarios, anywhere - but it will not have advanced native functionality there.

Thats a joke, it musst be one.

I buy a really expensive map, some really cool "cosmetic" stuff for CBRN and EW wich have no functions in the MP and my own missions, you kidding me, do you have any idea where the arma community plays current, its NOT the singleplayer !

11 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

Thats a joke, it musst be one.

I buy a really expensive map, some really cool "cosmetic" stuff for CBRN and EW wich have no functions in the MP and my own missions, you kidding me, do you have any idea where the arma community plays current, its NOT the singleplayer !

You can always script it yourself, or use ready solution

4 example

or, as it was mention in faq, there will be special scripts and functions especialy for campaign purporses that u can try to use

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rhyder_Morra said:

You can always script it yourself, or use ready solution

4 example

Reveal hidden contents

or, as it was mention in faq, there will be special scripts and functions especialy for campaign purporses that u can try to use

Not every one can write down a script, wtf are you thinking what the community expected, not script your own DLC and we give you the "cosmetic" stuff for it 😮

@DnA I hope you change your plan to include functions (mean also for the MP, this is the strange mode where the hole A3 community plays on).

1 minute ago, maxl30 said:

Not every one can write down a script, wtf are you thinking what the community expected, not script your own DLC and we give you the "cosmetic" stuff for it 😮

by then

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944344838&searchtext=contamination

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Rhyder_Morra said:

I know, i expect this mod as a CBRN + EW DLC in Contact DLC not a "make yourself a DLC" DLC with pure "cosmetic" stuff, thats a really bad joke, (@DnA) A REALLY BAD ONE !

Cant believe that I bought this.

6 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

I know, i expect this mod as a CBRN + EW DLC in Contact DLC not a "make yourself a DLC" DLC with pure "cosmetic" stuff, thats a really bad joke, (@DnA) A REALLY BAD ONE !

Can not believe that I bought this.

How would you expect native functionality for CBRN stuff in multiplayer to work?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

I know, i expect this mod as a DLC + EW not a "make yourself a DLC" DLC with pure "cosmetic" stuff, thats a really bad joke, A REALLY BAD ONE !

No it is not and just releasing them with no hardcoded function makes perfect sense. There are dozen of missions, scriptrs and addons out there that emulate stuff like this and releasing a DLC with "official" function will render most of these script broken or duplicated. As a official function would be rather limited, it will make the situation worse as "normal" players will have to discern between the official functions/keybinding and scripted solutions that are already around. Releasing this stuff as cosmetic only and leaving it to the people to use it however they like is the best way. 

Simple example: They add a radiation function that can harm or even kill the player. That would instantly break a lot of revive and medical scripts (ACE for example) and will require updates/fixes by the authors.

When the objects are only cosmetic, the author of a mission can decide himself, if he adds radiation and a medical script that works with it.

The range of use for this kind of stuff is to diverse across all possible scenarios to implement some hardcoded behaviour. For everything else you can always take what is in the SP campaign and put it in your own scenarios.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

Can not believe that I bought this.

Read description before purchase, it ain't so hard

It was mention in faq, so it's ur problem, boi

howerer, there a "bit" more content than just cosmetic stuff

• Like 5

1 hour ago, maxl30 said:

Actually I'm pretty certain it wouldn't take long until someone in the community writes a deeper system for it no matter if BI provides their own version or not.

Besides, the basics of scripting such stuff would be simple anyway....

• Like 3

Thread cleaned up, please post constructive feedback when posting in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Even so, I think it can be fair criticism of this expansion compared to older ones, that it focuses less on platform features. It's different, it's "spin-off", and Arma 3 is in another phase of its life cycle. We're trying to be open about that by disclaiming it, so you can determine if Contact is for you. Who knows, maybe you'll change your mind the more you see of it. We believe we've also built in a lot of other platform value (both premium and free), but perhaps not all of it is yet clear. And of course there will also be a unique playable experience that we hope you'll enjoy 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Not sure if it's too early to touch on campaign details but is it linear or non-linear? Will we have choices?

• Like 1

When I said Bohemia Interactive should take ArmA III back to the 1990s. Independence Day and The X-Files wasn't exactly what I had in mind...

1548897418656.jpg

• Like 1

Also can we get an actual full black men's suit and a combat uniform model with boots that are actually properly bloused instead of rolled down?

You can't have Men in Black with just business casual.

oivy7c8nios01.png

• Like 1

when will a update for arma contact dev branch come out like you guy said it would come out over the next few weeks but it already Thursday

Will be in contact dlc aliens them self or just their technology?? I mean if I can shoot alien infantry entity...?  Another question.. Will be there alien music theme because arma 3 music is fantastic

Edited by XOSPECTRE
Added question