DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

Does anyone know if it is possible to preview the new Livonia map without switching to dev branch?

I just watched more video of the new terrain, my thoughts.

If you would have shown people this terrain a month ago, without telling them what it was, everybody would have said it was user made, and there's no way this was official content.  

The A2/Dayz buildings look so out of place in Arma 3, they clash so badly with the Arma 3 structures, and some of the new buildings. 

I just can't shake the feeling that this terrain is an Arma 2 port (which in many ways, it is).  

So obviously this isn't feedback to improve this new terrain (it is what it is at this point) but feedback for future projects. That feedback is, do better next time, do much better. If you want us to pay for terrains, make them to A3 standards, with the A3 art style. 

• Like 3

The idea is good but it's frankly laughable you call this an expansion. I look at this not from the point of what BI charges for it since some of the stuff will be free but strictly from the content it will have.

Let's see, a few weapons(wasn't the Ak in Apex?) , an useless drone (remember the ultra advertised underwater in A3? or the great feature of throwing leaflets?),  more useless deco objects&clothes for Sims 4....err A3.

Oh yeah, and a tractor. Is this some sick joke? From all the list of assets you could do/missing in A3, all you could do was "hey let's make a tractor, we're sure this is the hottest item that was missing from the past games also fits great with the alien stuff"?

I thought this is Apex level but it's nothing more than "horse armor" (from Oblivion in case some are too young to remember) with a campaign.

The assets from the map look great (I'll always love Chernarus) except the friggin' scale, seriously no one noticed that in your internal builds? I also don't like the layout of the map. It looks like some frankensteined made in a hurry terrain that came with ACR dlc in A2. There's no feeling to it, and it looks like someone just scattered a few villages in a forest.

Regarding aliens, considering how AI drives& flies🤣 I can't wait to see the aliens piloting their ships unless they're also(the ships).....even more statics.

Cool idea, weak as hell/rubbish content. Nice touch with the weird trees and spheres but Stalker\Roadside Picnic vibe this ain't.

Also I get it, I like having deco objects for more immersion in missions but if you keep advertising them that they need their own "omg look static objects" line in your presentation this is starting to look like a commercial for Sims object packs "decorate your mansion/smurf dungeon" or whatever EA scam those fools these days. ( oh crap, I hope I didn't triggered Sims fans)

Looking forward to the campaign though. There was some good storytelling in LoW, and Tanks that made me remember good ol' OFP&Resistance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I like it, okay the locked doors of the Day Z SA buildings look strange but i think this is accepteble, but please animate the doors of the service hangar of the lukow airfield.

And can we get some middle european animals like a deer, a cow and middle european fishes (the current fishes look strange in the river, but i was happy that i didnt see a turtle xD) ?

3295B528257B90FF1E13D7AAD00AA30E5F62C9F3

4C5ECBD2AEFA1ACD74738F01EA67A6ECD95709E8

11 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to preview the new Livonia map without switching to dev branch?

and

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Updater_Manual

To run the game in "Dev" mode, run the "Arma3GU.exe" executable that is inside the "GameUpdater" folder that is inside the "ArmA 3 Tools" folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Not currently, but we do also plan to open an early Release Candidate branch soon.

The GameUpdater tool could work, but we've experienced some issues with it recently that we're investigating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And please fix the windows of the ATC tower, looks strange when you have a still in use mil airfield with tower and broken windows.

22 hours ago, krycek said:

Oh yeah, and a tractor. Is this some sick joke? From all the list of assets you could do/missing in A3, all you could do was "hey let's make a tractor, we're sure this is the hottest item that was missing from the past games also fits great with the alien stuff"?

I did miss a tractor in Arma 3. In all the instances of the OFP/Arma series there has been a tractor. Arma 3 was the first that missed it -now fixed-. 

I think that is a really good asset for landscape decoration and mission immersion (I only play MILSIM, so immersion is important to me). In addition,  I think most of those who, like me, survived "After Montignac" thanks to a tractor, it has been an icon of the series. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistyronin said:

I did miss a tractor in Arma 3. In all the instances of the OFP/Arma series there has been a tractor. Arma 3 was the first that missed it -now fixed-. 

I think that is a really good asset for landscape decoration and mission immersion (I only play MILSIM, so immersion is important to me). In addition,  I think most of those who, like me, survived "After Montignac" thanks to a tractor, it has been an icon of the series. 

Shure good to have, but the cherno fire station + a fire truck would be better !

I am not shure why, but i think they also didnt give us the cherno fire station, so implement it, we have it and it musst be on the new map.

7E4EC33E566DE79932AAD75A5C8E2FC7F7669EF7

mercedes-1222-loeschfahrzeug-freiwillige

• Like 1

so the spetsnaz are quite ordinary, gorka 3 uniforms with a helmet like a altyn with rhino mount,  the first from the left has a mop suit? just the guy in the middle has a plate carrier? finally the rpg 42 in olive!
Chest holster ...... this means that the holster on chest rig in apex work too?
Russian_Spetsnaz.png

Please not again the zamak, give the LDF the Tatra T810, you have no work with it and we have a new vehicle in A3.

arma3_contact_screenshot_03.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_11.jpg

T810_desert.jpg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 5/25/2019 at 7:52 PM, maxl30 said:

Please not again the zamak, give the LDF the Tatra T810, you have no work with it and we have a new vehicle in A3.

and also the MLRS on tatra and why not the DINGO........

• Like 1

the cherry on top for the livonians
PT-91_Twardy_main_battle_tank_MBT_Poland

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zukov said:

and also the MLRS on tatra and why not the DINGO........

Yes, the dingo too ^^

5 hours ago, DnA said:

Not currently, but we do also plan to open an early Release Candidate branch soon.

The GameUpdater tool could work, but we've experienced some issues with it recently that we're investigating.

It very often fails to download for me or shows that 300mb downloaded from 0mb etc. 

If you need log files or so I could provide them.

What nations will be included in the Woodland NATO faction? I'm hoping for some more variety beyond strictly American units.

• Like 2

Ouhm, do they add to the normal AAF comander uniform the arms of the normal AAF combat uniform (look at second pic) !?

When yes, please add this feature with the long arms also to the CSAT comander variant wich have also just short sleeves.

And i see on the second pic a offroader with rear roof and a orange beacon, i hope this beacon will run and also be in blue for a police or medic variant 😉

Livonian_Defense_Force.png

arma3_contact_screenshot_11.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_10.jpg

Hay, i recognize that some road ends are like a cut off and there are some road crosses with texture glitches, hope you fix this.

And please make the chirch enterable because the ruin model is enterable.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, maxl30 said:

Ouhm, do they add to the normal AAF comander uniform the arms of the normal AAF combat uniform (look at second pic) !?

When yes, please add this feature with the long arms also to the CSAT comander variant wich have also just short sleeves.

And i see on the second pic a offroader with rear roof and a orange beacon, i hope this beacon will run and also be in blue for a police or medic variant 😉

look the second image (from the left)  we will have the aaf and the syndiakat  with shirt and (finger?) gloves finally!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mistyronin said:

As I'm not a tractor connoisseur seems I've missed the hidden benefits of this specific tactical asset. Regarding Montignac I've been to that place too a few times. I used something more archaic like my auto-legs to escape so I can't comment how would I have fared with the tractor vs Hind.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, harper1998 said:

What nations will be included in the Woodland NATO faction?

This means some of the existing Arma 3 NATO gear is now available in MTP Woodlands, there are more olive / green props, the plain green vehicle set was completed, etc. There are no fully new NATO forces, besides the LDF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DnA said:

This means some of the existing Arma 3 NATO gear is now available in MTP Woodlands, there are more olive / green props, the plain green vehicle set was completed, etc. There are no fully new NATO forces, besides the LDF.

I meant more along the lines of different flag patches, not a new faction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, harper1998 said:

I meant more along the lines of different flag patches, not a new faction.

Yes, i started some months ago a thread about a Nation Flag pack for the Nato and the CSAT for the uniforms, i would like it maybe as free content ?!

Ouh, spoted this on my loading screen "Deer are not what they seem ..." 😮

But hey we get deers as animals.