DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

9 hours ago, arthrfortune said:

when will a update for arma contact dev branch come out like you guy said it would come out over the next few weeks but it already Thursday

There was an update on Tuesday, and we'd like to push another soon. Meanwhile we're also preparing an early RC-Branch with the same content. New additions may arrive as early as next week, but it depends on testing progress.

8 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

Will be in contact dlc aliens them self or just their technology?

I'm afraid we're not going to divulge much about ET ahead of release, since discovering them is a big part of the experience. The clues are out there ... 👽

8 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

Will be there alien music theme because arma 3 music is fantastic

Thank you! There are newly composed music tracks for this expansion indeed.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, DnA said:

The clues are out there ... 👽

Mmm, ambiguous. :scratchchin:

• Like 1

I pray to CSAT God there will be aliens ENTITY. Common I think csat knew all about this since altis conflict they make device to stop that aliens and nato trying to stop them because Miller the killer think that Typhoon I mean tempest device is to harm people, but true is oposit csat trying to save us. Even one former viper members confirmed that before he dissappear somewhere in Tanoa jungles. 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, zukov said:

a good idea for multiplayer PVP  could be a Version of Endgame with alien artifacts to discover by this tools

Very good idea (I think @haleks was first to propose it in other thread), but unfortunately it seems that there's no new MP gamemode, and (just like CRBN stuff) these assets are also dead outside of campaign (or so says shop page).

On 5/27/2019 at 6:05 PM, haleks said:

I think it's for the best : a built-in system would get in the way of custom scripts and mods.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

No it is not and just releasing them with no hardcoded function makes perfect sense. There are dozen of missions, scriptrs and addons out there that emulate stuff like this and releasing a DLC with "official" function will render most of these script broken or duplicated.

I wholeheartedly disagree. First off, it wouldn't be the first time when BI introduces a new simulation aspect which kills (or is not compatible with) many community equivalents (first aid/revive, High Command, fatigue/weapon sway, weapon resting, sling-loading, vehicle transport, sensors - remember Mandoble?, etc.). IMHO it's a moot point.

Secondly, it would bring another value to the Contact DLC, one that could be appreciated by almost everyone (including hardcore mil-simmers who don't like alien stuff). And (as happened with other BI features/systems) I'd expect that official CBRN system would be moddable, and quickly adapted by community, presenting whole range of options, from complete lack of CBRN simulation, to ACE-like systems with radiation pills and whatnot.

10 hours ago, DnA said:

The clues are out there

I'm saying it now: the deer came from the outer space! (This also explains why Livonia have such a connection to these animals - they literally live above tunnels made by space-deer!)

On 5/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, maxl30 said:

Ouh, spoted this on my loading screen "Deer are not what they seem ..."

Edited by krzychuzokecia
typo
  • Like 4

Hi, this DLC looks really amazing !
I only have one problem currently,  there will be „ Woodland “ camo' for CSAT too or it's only for NATO forces ?

1 hour ago, KizzouUl said:

Hi, this DLC looks really amazing !
I only have one problem currently,  there will be „ Woodland “ camo' for CSAT too or it's only for NATO forces ?

I think csat is not part of new dlc there will be specnaz instead and they have gorka uniforms 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. First off, it wouldn't be the first time when BI introduces a new simulation aspect which kills (or is not compatible with) many community equivalents (first aid/revive, High Command, fatigue/weapon sway, weapon resting, sling-loading, vehicle transport, sensors - remember Mandoble?, etc.). IMHO it's a moot point.

I remember that in the case of sensors, something was done so that any aircraft which had radarType = 4; in its config was automatically granted a set of info panels including a sensor display, even if it was limited (I believe with only 2 and 4 km 'zoom') and had no sensors, which I thought was a notable case of foresight from someone at Bohemia Interactive for 'backwards compatibility'/'forward porting'... dunno how that would work with replacing scripted CBRN or EW though.

12 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Very good idea (I think @haleks was first to propose it in other thread), but unfortunately it seems that there's no new MP gamemode, and (just like CRBN stuff) these assets are also dead outside of campaign (or so says shop page).

Is not necessary a new game mode just replace the target  locations with the new stuff from Contact. 
By the way the big monitor that show the mini UAV's camera, how to work?  

9 hours ago, chortles said:

I thought was a notable case of foresight from someone at Bohemia Interactive for 'backwards compatibility'/'forward porting'... dunno how that would work with replacing scripted CBRN or EW though.

I'd imagine it working either like revive (so enabled in mission properties) or First Aid/Arty systems (via modules).

Anyway, it's a lost cause now, so we can only dream.

5 hours ago, zukov said:

Is not necessary a new game mode just replace the target  locations with the new stuff from Contact. 

Not really, in Endgame you essentially move to known point A, learn location of point B, interact with thingy, extract. Proper alien artifact hunt should have a number of artifacts (orange balls) spawn in unknown location, with both teams looking for them using EM/EW equipment. What happens next is up to speculation. If taking example of Endgame (so two phases of operation), then (for example) when one team takes control of 4 out of 7 orange balls, they learn approximate position of blue crystal ship. Arriving at the ship achieves contact and wins, but other team can still track down winning squad (orange balls have to be moved to blue crystal), take over balls and find aliens first. The more balls you have, the more precise you know the location of blue crystal.

That's one take at it, I guess (hope) we would see at least one community artifact hunt mode in future.

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Artifact hunt idea
  • Like 1

Hey @DnA

I really idea of Gorka type suit that will be delivered with Russian faction, a long awaited outfit. 

Unlike CSAT bulky looking outfit which kinda looks like it has protection, the Gorka here look like a simple today's outfit. So no protection like regular CSAT suit?
Which body armor/plate carriers you've intended for them to carry? (that will not be clipping)

• Like 1

Hello,

i am not the guy wich write things in forums of game devs, but this time i do it because i am really disappointed.

The contact dlc or expansion shows that you devs didnt care about your community wich play the most time in the multiplayer modes or create really cool single player missions.

I played Arma 2 and i played Arma 3 where i have over 2200 in game houres, and i expected functions, new vehicles and a new map, we get no functions, no new vehicles and a new map with not full walkable buildings wich are ported from DayZ.

This dlc or expansion shows what you do, you didnt take your time into the optimization of Arma 3 you push out content wich isnt useful for all player of Arma 3, this dlc or expansion look like "you just need money" and disappointed people like me.

Change your direction of future dlcs or expansions or you loose player like me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Again another person who claims to speak for the community in order to try and add weight to their argument, when in fact they only speak for themselves

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, General Kong said:

Again another person who claims to speak for the community in order to try and add weight to their argument, when in fact they only speak for themselves

"i am" ... "and i expected" ... "disappointed people like me" ... "player like me"

The reason why i didnt write things in a dev forum, good day you clown.

yet you said "not useful for all players of Arma 3" so yes, you where speaking for others

and there is no need for name calling

3 minutes ago, General Kong said:

yet you said "not useful for all players of Arma 3" so yes, you where speaking for others

and there is no need for name calling

Yes, i am also a player of Arma 3 and the 6 other guys wich are my friends and also active player of Arma 3 mean the same.

1 hour ago, doerBoer said:

Hello,

i am not the guy wich write things in forums of game devs, but this time i do it because i am really disappointed.

The contact dlc or expansion shows that you devs didnt care about your community wich play the most time in the multiplayer modes or create really cool single player missions.

I played Arma 2 and i played Arma 3 where i have over 2200 in game houres, and i expected functions, new vehicles and a new map, we get no functions, no new vehicles and a new map with not full walkable buildings wich are ported from DayZ.

This dlc or expansion shows what you do, you didnt take your time into the optimization of Arma 3 you push out content wich isnt useful for all player of Arma 3, this dlc or expansion look like "you just need money" and disappointed people like me.

You do realize that the expansion isn't out yet - what you're getting right now is a beta so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

8 minutes ago, harper1998 said:

You do realize that the expansion isn't out yet - what you're getting right now is a beta so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Did you notice the web page of Contact ?

1 minute ago, doerBoer said:

Did you notice the web page of Contact ?

I own Contact and I have played the Dev Branch. You didn't listen at all to what I said. The expansion isn't out yet - it won't be released until July 25th. All that we're getting right now is "SNEAK PREVIEW ACCESS", emphasis on PREVIEW. Don't expect all of the assets, you're preview is literally QA testing for the assets - it doesn't represent what the finished product will be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doerBoer said:

Hello, of Arma 3....... 

Well good bye... I'm extremely happy about new expansion what now? Doer boer there is always people leaving and new are coming ARMA 3 is in different etape of its life its time for experimenting for new bigger projects! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harper1998 said:

I own Contact and I have played the Dev Branch. You didn't listen at all to what I said. The expansion isn't out yet - it won't be released until July 25th. All that we're getting right now is "SNEAK PREVIEW ACCESS", emphasis on PREVIEW. Don't expect all of the assets, you're preview is literally QA testing for the assets - it doesn't represent what the finished product will be.

You can listen a text, maybe you should go to a doctor, i think you mean "i dont want to read".

6 minutes ago, XOSPECTRE said:

Well good bye... I'm extremely happy about new expansion what now? Doer boer there is always people leaving and new are coming ARMA 3 is in different etape of its life its time for experimenting for new bigger projects! 

Yep, but its not just me, its me and 6 other guys, probably also some of oure friendly coop group, maybe you´re in the right, maybe we should search a better game for us, thank you for this good idea 😉

2 minutes ago, doerBoer said:

You can listen a text, maybe you should go to a doctor, i think you mean "i dont want to read".

It's a figure of speech that can be lost in translation, to "listen" means to "understand". I'm just trying to explain to you what the situation is, you won't get everything until they have a branch designated as a release candidate. That won't happen until mid-July. There's no need to be rude to anyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doerBoer said:

This dlc or expansion shows what you do, you didnt take your time into the optimization of Arma 3 you push out content wich isnt useful for all player of Arma 3

I take it you dont read the changelogs when BIS updates the game?

I suggest you inform yourself on whats really going on behind the scenes, this is the latest changelog which is for the current 1.92 version of the game.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00088

Theres a changelog for every version of the game, they been doing this since the game started in 2013, the game has been updated probably 200+ times since its debut,

theres no other game company in my opinion that has that many updates and dedication that BIS has shown more specifically with arma3 then anything else in their game franchise.

idk about you but BIS has introduced ALOT of content, fixes, new features and many other things, the game now is plays totally different then id did back a few yrs ago.

The DLC which it is, is nothing but a new idea for interested fans, apparently you dont understand that there isn't just 5 guys working on the game,

BIS has 400 employees and 7 offices!

Arma3 is but one game out of many they have and update, dont be so naive to think that BIS isn't doing anything to fix and optimize the game, what do you expect from a 20yr old engine.

Sit down and look at things objectively without your thoughts being swayed by your emotions, research and factual information which you can easily find if your interested will give you

the information about what BIS has been doing, as i had already linked the changelog to the latest version of the game, the changes, fixes, updates there show that BIS is working on alot

of things behind the scenes, while gathering information from their feedback tracker along with the posts in the forum here.

Unlike you i have been in the series since it started in 2001 like alot of members on the forums, so i am very familiar on how BIS operates which is

why i have stuck with them so long because they care and are legitimate in what they do.

They could have stopped updating the game after the beta release which was in 2013, like some companies have, they could have had the game on early access

for a long time with a long time in between updates like some games you see on steam and kept taking money without updates, but no, they didn't do that,

they communicated.

imo if the DLC gains them more money then great, because more  money to them allows them to  to create, and do more, it takes money

for a business to create things, and do things thats how it works.

Dont overthink things, get the facts straight from people that been here since the start, along with your own research,

if you'd rather act like a kid and have a Temper Tantrum

office_tantrum.jpg?itok=SqvXlgKq

and not think rationally then we'll all just let you and move on, its your loss for leaving the game

because you fail to look at the bigger picture.    Best wishes in your future endeavors.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I take it you dont read the changelogs when BIS updates the game?

I suggest you inform yourself on whats really going on behind the scenes, this is the latest changelog which is for the current 1.92 version of the game.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00088

Theres a changelog for every version of the game, they been doing this since the game started in 2013, the game has been updated probably 200+ times since its debut,

theres no other game company in my opinion that has that many updates and dedication that BIS has shown more specifically with arma3 then anything else in their game franchise.

idk about you but BIS has introduced ALOT of content, fixes, new features and many other things, the game now is plays totally different then id did back a few yrs ago.

The DLC which it is, is nothing but a new idea for interested fans, apparently you dont understand that there isn't just 5 guys working on the game,

BIS has 400 employees and 7 offices!

Arma3 is but one game out of many they have and update, dont be so naive to think that BIS isn't doing anything to fix and optimize the game, what do you expect from a 20yr old engine.

Sit down and look at things objectively without your thoughts being swayed by your emotions, research and factual information which you can easily find if your interested will give you

the information about what BIS has been doing, as i had already linked the changelog to the latest version of the game, the changes, fixes, updates there show that BIS is working on alot

of things behind the scenes, while gathering information from their feedback tracker along with the posts in the forum here.

Unlike you i have been in the series since it started in 2001 like alot of members on the forums, so i am very familiar on how BIS operates which is

why i have stuck with them so long because they care and are legitimate in what they do.

They could have stopped updating the game after the beta release which was in 2013, like some companies have, they could have had the game on early access

for a long time with a long time in between updates like some games you see on steam and kept taking money without updates, but no, they didn't do that,

they communicated.

imo if the DLC gains them more money then great, because more  money to them allows them to  to create, and do more, it takes money

for a business to create things, and do things thats how it works.

Dont overthink things, get the facts straight from people that been here since the start, along with your own research,

if you'd rather act like a kid and have a Temper Tantrum

office_tantrum.jpg?itok=SqvXlgKq

and not think rationally then we'll all just let you and move on, its your loss for leaving the game

because you fail to look at the bigger picture.    Best wishes in your future endeavors.

I know that here are much uncritical fans, nothing new to me ^^

But you should know it better then me and you arent, i stopped reading since 2016 the changelog, because not everything is true, the same with ignored fix requests.

I am now out, i hope you get what you want but dont cry when the release brings what i surmise 😉

On 6/1/2019 at 12:20 AM, KizzouUl said:

We've focused on the factions we needed most for the campaign, and then quite significantly buffed the package to bring as much as possible useful gear for Livonia as a sandbox terrain. There is no specific woodland CSAT content added. While their Pacific gear works reasonably well in Livonia, we'd love to have the capacity to create specific woodland gear, but we have a limit to our resources. Instead we focused on the LDF, NATO, Armaverse Spetsnaz, and a massive set of props.

As to doerBoer's point: Contact expansion is not of interest to everybody, we know that. It's something we simply wanted to create for a long time, and now we felt was a good time in the game's life. Some players will enjoy the 'spin-off' content, some people will not. It's not an indication of Arma's overall future, it's a branch for some interesting fun. The Arma 3 team has a very different skill mix available these days than during its primary development years. Many of the things that would be cool to add / tweak are no longer possible 6 years down the line. Adding a new feature takes a different developer than adding an asset. There's still loads of content in the package if you take away the aliens in our opinion. And thank you for your support of the game so many hours in!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DnA said:

Some players will enjoy the 'spin-off' content, some people will not. It's not an indication of Arma's overall future, it's a branch for some interesting fun.

Like i said as you pointed out DnA, its a DLC a single perspective on the game that doesn't change the entire spectrum or play of the game, its like downloading a mod that only adds a mission

and some new content, its not a game overhaul i wish people would get that through their thick skulls.

You got people complaining about stupid shit when they should be praising BIS for sticking around since beta and still, still updating the game at this

point in time and creating new content which is this new Contact DLC.

Also like you said:

1 hour ago, DnA said:

There's still loads of content in the package if you take away the aliens in our opinion.

See! Comeon!

Like i said in my previous post your playing with a military sandbox, even if the alien aspect is there with this contact, its still military, just the enemy if you will is a different type of enemy.

• Like 4