DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

So hi, former ArmA 2 free player since 2008, pretty much looking forward to the new expansion and the new assets for the vanilla game, and Livonia thus far looks and plays amazing!!! Enjoyed a lot LoW and this seems to be in a similar vain.

Now,  I have been working on a vanilla assets-based campaign, to make it more accessible easier to get I decided to just use data is included in the base game (all DLC and game data collected so far), upcoming assets look promising and I had a bunch of ideas  that I think i can integrate with the new assets, however I do have a couple of questions in regards to the new content (not sure if this a request at this point) :

1. Will there be more custom animations such as an NPC chocking or similar effects to someone not wearing CBRN?

2. Will there be additional modules/functions to use with the CBRN gear?

I know these questions might convey spoilers, however I was thinking about a module that can be used with the CBRN gear, lets say ... an area based triggered, attached to a "chocking animation" that might be triggered if the player is not using CBRN gear when he gets withing the area. Now, I'm not that sure about how hard could that function be integrated with the DLC release so soon to be released, but it would be really useful if such "modules" could be created so we can have a more extended use of the CBRN gear.

My 2 cents, looking forward to the new content to be released, but yeah it would be pretty cool to have such modules available to use.

• Like 4

Would anyone have a list of the new buildings that they could share? I would get the DLC to check that but this week is tough financially...

@Grahame, I assuming you mean their classnames?

Yes please. Will be getting the DLC (which may surprise some people, but shouldn't - I have purchased every official DLC to support BI whether I like them or even use them - given I do not do SP) but I am working on my first terrain and I wanted to get a head's up while I am in the planning stage of what to put on the islands - which are ready to be populated

38 minutes ago, EO said:

@Grahame I think it includes all Contact DLC assets, not just buildings...https://pastebin.com/MuiEDcfy 

That is does. Very useful, thanks. I'll have to wait until next week to see what the new houses look like but I see a lot of assets I recognize from DayZ SA that I will be happy to use on the new map. Thanks again!

(Hopefully they kept the furniture in those models...?)

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

(Hopefully they kept the furniture in those models...?)

Nope, not even the furniture proxies from the A2 buildings remain, all buildings are bare. 

Just now, EO said:

Nope, not even the furniture proxies from the A2 buildings remain, all buildings are bare. 

LOL... I'll have to add the "Where did my furniture go?" newspaper garbage models on the map too then

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Grahame said:

Would anyone have a list of the new buildings that they could share? I would get the DLC to check that but this week is tough financially...

11 hours ago, Grahame said:

see what the new houses look like

Here you go: https://arma3library.gitlab.io/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Absolutely excellent @DedmenThanks again!

Would I be correct in assuming that these are the enterable variants of buildings, especially the industrial buildings that were opened up in 0.61/2 DZSA?

Been roaming Livonia for over a week now, I haven't been refused entry to any building so far.... 

• Thanks 2

As a fan of ArmA 3 and all it's content i can't wait for an alien expansion, i will buy First Contact the day it releases. I read that two new factions was to be included, the Russian armed forces (or only the Spetsnaz?) and the Livonian armed forces (Polish-Lithuanian). The Livonian, as i read, is a landlocked country that does not have any ports to store battleships or any ships at all, but there is one thing you can do to make First Contact a little more interesting: Include the Estonian military. The reason i think the Estonian would make sense to include is because they are a Baltic country that would most definitely support Livonia with their no navy situation.

This is just a suggestion, and i hope it will be appreciated. Livonia was actually a mix of Estonia and Lithuania, Livonia had also access to the sea during it's historic times.

My idea for the Estonian military.

Navy: EML Ugandi, a sandown-class minehunter equipped with 1 twin ZU-23mm AA cannon and 3 Browning 12.7mm machine guns.

The air force of present day Estonia is completely defenseless, so NATO would need to help on that part.

The armored section would be small, but "maybe" capable against what ever the visitors have up their sleeves.

The armored vehicles would be these:
Tank: Swedish Combat Vehicle 90 (CV9035EE) equipped with a 35mm Bushmaster III cannon and a 7.62 mm Ksp m/39 machine gun.
APC: XA-180 (EST), a six-wheeled armoured personnel carrier equipped with a 12.7mm Browning machine gun and 10000 rounds.

You are probably not allowed to copy these vehicles because of laws, but having an Estonian based faction with Livonia would be a nice addition, they would even have at least one navy boat to protect the coast.

I really hope this catches your attention, have a nice day!

@Rockybrown I really like your idea, but it’s pretty unlikely that the developers would add something suggested so late into development and also pretty much unrelated to Livonia except in terms of geography. Also this takes place in 2035, using semi-fictional vehicles based on existing vehicles.

i understand, i should have mentioned that the vehicles should be "based" on the tank, apc and boat, but make them in such a way that it fits the year 2035 in ArmA 3.

What i should have added is that i only want an Estonian military in First Contact to support Livonia in terms of defending their country if there was a possible invasion.

The infantry was the only subject that i forgot to mention, if there is a chance that ArmA 3's First Contact will include the Estonian army would it be nice to see some of these:

Hazmat personnel (Some armed with weapons): Simply because they do not know if the visitors brought some kind of hazardous waste/weapons.

Defense force: Soldiers trained for heavy combat, these would be the backbone of the infantry and will fight inside Livonia.

Security force: A light armed security force stationed at the borders of Livonia to prevent the visitors from moving further into Europe.

I hope this extra info helps.

Also....The owls are not what they seem

( to bring in some good old Twin Peaks flash backs)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Also....The owls are not what they seem

( to bring in some good old Twin Peaks flash backs)

2:30 at morning or 3:30 right? White owl to be precise if I'm correct 

• Like 1

The log lady's mad guys... get a grip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forgive me for not understanding if this has been stated (at which point I must've misinterpreted it) or not, but as of today (June 6th), when can the preorder backers in Dev Branch start seeing some new gameplay content like guns and uniforms, or units for the mission makers?

Our plan was to add the weapons today, but yesterday we discovered a blocking issue. Now we are re-testing with a fix, but this means it will push over the weekend (since we don't typically release big updates on Fridays). Instead there should be a regular maintenance update today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

to be picky, the spetsnazs should be transfer on livonia battlefield with Bumerang IFV

BTR_Bumerang_(40115437840).jpg

• Like 3

Okay, got Contact DLC today... just a couple of very brief thoughts after a very short look:

(1) Not sure why all the furniture was removed from the buildings... most of that in DZSA was just from ARMA2 anyway (and pre-0.62 were ARMA compatible models), so it just means that we have to add furniture ourselves now

(2) The ATC is basically the unopened ARMA2 one, not the slightly opened DZSA one. Seems an odd choice. Right now CUP has a better Command Centre ("Large Barracks") and ATC (so if I were to do anything on the map I would use the Hide Module to get rid of the contact ones and replace with CUP ones...)

(3) Very glad to see the opened L-shaped barracks!!! 😃

(4) Map really needs a bigger town on it that uses opened up house blocks 😎

(5) I am liking most of the assets with those initial caveats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DnA said:

Our plan was to add the weapons today, but yesterday we discovered a blocking issue. Now we are re-testing with a fix, but this means it will push over the weekend (since we don't typically release big updates on Fridays). Instead there should be a regular maintenance update today.

Thanks for the answer. What's a blocking issue? And also, when you say "push over the weekend", do you mean it'll come out during the weekend or come out next week?

46 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Okay, got Contact DLC today... just a couple of very brief thoughts after a very short look:

(1) Not sure why all the furniture was removed from the buildings... most of that in DZSA was just from ARMA2 anyway (and pre-0.62 were ARMA compatible models), so it just means that we have to add furniture ourselves now

I much prefer having empty houses since it lets missions designers set things up how they want to instead of having to design around default furniture. Not only that, but it improves performance because there's less draw calls and stuff to render of course.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zukov said:

to be picky, the spetsnazs should be transfer on livonia battlefield with Bumerang IFV

Awesome IFV but still waiting for aliens news nothing not even glimpse of their skin. Not even leaked info on redit no rpt file trace pfff.... 

5 minutes ago, AveryTheKitty said:

I much prefer having empty houses since it lets missions designers set things up how they want to instead of having to design around default furniture. Not only that, but it improves performance because there's less draw calls and stuff to render of course.

So DZSA should have empty buildings? Cause these buildings are ports from there where they had furniture... If you want to dev a map with a realistic environment you just have to add all those objects anyway, so where is the saving. Not only that but DS_Houses gives us all the small buildings *with* furniture so it's sort of a step backward.

Personally on a map, I'd use DS Houses for all the small ones - love some of the opened military buildings (L-shaped barracks... yum) but would really have liked the opened house blocks from DZSA because no community dev has already done them