Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

boolean = _posA isLandPath _posB

A scripting command returning, if AI at _posA will be able to find a route to the _posB without swimming. Useful in dynamic scenarios to avoid spawning AI patrols in the areas isolated by water from their movement destination like on the tiny islands and such.

TOH Terrains. Screenshots below:

ULi8Gm.jpg

CcfKZm.jpg

VD 30 km, terrain size is 100 x 100 km. Getting this + some kind of way to make the AI work on it, adding roads and actual water surfaces would be the bomb. For tank battles and air support missions, this map is the bomb.

Things that I would like to see:

- explosions leaving holes in the ground (not only black texture), making new cover. Dig in system, that allows players to dig trenches, underground shelters and other stuff like that.

- Fire. Just imagine setting whole forrest or meadow in flames :O

- Fix light bugs. Right now light from street lights, flashlights ect. ignores walls or other obstacles. For example, even if we 'll put something to the window to block it, the room is still illuminated, same comes with APC\IFV passenger seats.

- More vehicle improvements (Tank interiors, more realistic armor penetration system, FCS)#NewDLConfutureroadmap

- Beeing able to walk in C-130 (or other transport plane), carriers and other ships would be amazing...

I'd like to see stabilized weapons on vehicles (except offroads, since it's manned), A way to bury or hide explosives since they are to easy to spot now, new counter measures for things like thermals which exist now a days, Improved AI but lets face it to make AI smart would result in what like 5+ GB update and people would just complain about AI being to good even more, a new map one that has water ways and makes players use the water more would be very nice, and more realistic ballistics since i've noticed barrel length only effects accuracy which is false when in reality it only effects velocity, sound, durability, muzzle flash, and weight (think i'm missing something).

Had some more to but me tired now, me sleep soon

I'd like to see:

An updated fixed wing flight model.

Updated handling for AFVs (powering up before moving off, a greater sense of inertia etc)

Little things like buildup of dirt on both soldiers and vehicles, also soldiers getting wet, etc.

A combined Altis/Stratis map. It would be good to have a safe base to launch air ops from a decent distance away, and interesting for CTI type situations.

AI enhancements, like self healing and inventory management.

I replayed ArmA Coldwar assault yesterday, i distinguished that the helicopters was very very easy to pilote, in comparison to ArmA 2 OR 3 the helicopters does not vibrate to rotor and motor like ArmA CA i wich to bis to add some realistic movement to the interior of helicopters !

Hi guys

I was thinking, with this last Marksman DLC, is this the final DLC/Work BI will do with Arma 3 ?? i know they might patch the games sometimes, but will there be more DLC's or bigger updates with new stuff ??

I know we have alot of great modders out there in the community, and i really enjoy many of the mods, but i really hope to see some more stuff from BI, maybe some of the stuff they where showing on the pictures years ago.

examples like, the air fighter F35 i think it was, and females (OH NO, NOT AGAIN YOU GUYS THINK) i know there have been alot of talk about females ingame, and i even myself have asking for this before, but this is just to bring it up again, i hope that BI for once will listen to others then there favorit modders and community guys, im a Milsim player and i like that i can see civilians, and not just alot of guys wearing the "same" clothes :D its gonna be one big Gay parade :D

Well this is not complaining about the game, because i really love it, and enjoy every second i play, i just want more for us milsim guys :)

Then there is you guys who hate me for writing this, well i understand if you are tired of reading about this again, but still i have to come out with the thinks i think could make the game better, it is afterall a place for all of us ;)

i will now make a little list with changes and things I think would make it better.

1. FEMALES... they are needed :)

2. More civilian stuff.. Cars, Ambulances, Police (why do they make a Police boat, Cap and Vest, but no Police car and men ?? )

3. I would really love to see another damn truck for the AAF - a MAN SX (http://www.patriotfiles.com/archive/danskpanser/Nyheder/2008/080905-1.htm) Truck as a great example, i dont like the old russian truck, and its too outdated.

4. Better Medical system (Carry and drag function, and maybe if a soldier is more then 50% wounded, they need an Military Ambulance with better equipment) I know many is requesting this.

5. Please fix some of the civilians cars, they look like crap and something from an older game :) (better model and texture please)

6. Is a good number ;) well a transport plane would be awesome, A C-17 maybe..

7. Ability to kick in a door on the houses, would make great sense when clearing houses :)

well this was just some of the things i would love too see, SO before you guys replay with hate and anger, remember... count to ten, and think that we all should be able to write our thoughts in here ;)

best regards

Dennis

As the title suggests, i took the time to look through a decent amount of assets that could be added to Vanilla Arma 3 in order to boost the dead sea's we've had in this series for the longest time. This is not a request thread. This is a feedback gathering of assets that have meaning in the Naval Scene, and that would provide a gameplay experience that Arma never had before.

Currently, we have this...

7807243_f520.jpg

A couple repainted versons for each faction, and throw an XM-307 on the back of the one with the CSAT paint, you have a Speedboat HMG. Not very convincing is it.

But what if the Naval Scene got an up-lift? What would it look like, what could it possibly look like, and how woul it play out? Lets find out.

First off, the Patria Nemo "Mortar Boat". This is your "MBT" of the sea's basically. This boat is capable of firing Mortars from the sea, fast, while on the move an accurately. It can also "Direct Fire" Mortars, as a coastal bombardment technique, which is what makes it similar to a Naval MBT.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Patria_Nemo_Navy_120_mm_Mortar_System_on_Watercat_M12_1.jpg (514 kB)

This would most likely be used with NATO forces, it's similar to the AMV Marshall in look, and before scrapped, a Mortar version of the AMV Marshall was the same system used on this beast of a scout boat, that packs a punch for it's class (if used correctly).

Second, an actual Cause Guard Boat. The painted Rhib boat is... sad. Something that is sturdy, fast paced, and can be utilized in all weather conditions.

http://worldmaritimenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/25m-Camarc-Patrol-Boat-for-the-Croatian-Marine-Police.jpg (880 kB)

Boat's like such can be used for both Coast Guard and Police Forces. This is reasonable, unlike what we see with the current speed boats.

Third, Medium Transport/Patrol Boats. These boats are basically the Armored Personal Carriers of the sea. They carry a decent number of personal and can be used as un armed or armed recon otherwise in dangerous terrain. They don't typically have a large armament, a few .50 cal's or slightly bigger guns, but usually just MG's.

http://www.marsun.th.com/image/data/product/m18-s/m18s_600.jpg (205 kB)

bilde?Site=M5&Date=20120524&Category=DEFREG02&ArtNo=305240006&Ref=AR&Border=0

These boats can actually be armed with weapon systems as well, to fulfill different roles.

There are a ton of Modern, and unique designs for various Medium Naval craft, with different roles in mind. With the few i've mentioned here, that alone in different factions, would be a decent amount to ease the gap in the Naval scene. With techniques like proper Roadway LODS, it is possible to perform other tasks with these boats. For example, it's possible to transport up to 6 Supply Crates Via. Hemtt in Arma 3 due to proper LOD design in the rear. Other trucks unfortunately were not modeled well, and boxes/physics items fall off an invisible box around the actual model. Imagine a medium boat shipping ammo crates/supplies across a channel. It can be done. Proper LOD design also enables players and such to walk around on ship while stationary at sea. This s also possible with ASDG's Mk. V. SOC, which is a prime example of how well the Naval scene can change gameplay in a positive way. If you have any similar, fitting thoughts in regards to Naval Assets, that of course fit within Arma 3 capabilities, please post them here. It'd be great to see.

Be really nice to see a high quality, gigantic, walkable with interiors cargo ship. There are so many different scenarios involving special forces operations that could make use of this, and it would be something that could be added as additional mission content apart from also having ground based mission content as well. Rogue Spear had one, along with a pretty well done mission(although too hard imo lol), Hidden And Dangerous 2 offers a mission involving infiltrating a ship (not a cargo ship, but pretty big still). Probably won't happen by the company though, as it probably would take out more time from other more important things than what they would want to spend, but who knows, maybe an addon maker might pull it off some day.

I will use this opportunity of Bohemians creating roadmap for expansions to bring up few relevant issues:

Terrain:

New technique for rendering grass at far distance

Right now soldiers sink into the ground to mimic hidden prone position.To be obscured by the grass would

be even better because sinking in doesn't break the silhouette.Current technique is not visually appealing either.

http://abload.de/img/arma32013-03-0918-58-awse9.jpg (113 kB)

Feedback tracker ticket with 1500 votes

how to get rid of the blurry mid range textures

The current system lacks quality at mid range because there is only one texture with the size of 1024px*1024px that gets tiled over the whole island.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4934308/Arma%203/mid_range_problem/Long%20range/original.jpg (391 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4934308/Arma%203/mid_range_problem/Long%20range/new.jpg (429 kB)

Feedback tracker with 1100 votes

Engine:

Bullet in chamber accounting

You mentioned in Sitrep that guns in arma 3 are merely shapes.Expansion would be great opportunity

to rework and improve this aspect and to introduce tactical reload and dry reload for every weapon.

Improvement would be immense.

Feedback ticket with 800 votes

Every geometry that enters terrain geometry ends up in explosion.Fixing this issue would allow

helicopter crash landing without explosion, Tilting or rolling, landing among trees would not lead to instant death,

vehicle in contact with each other (colliding geometry) would not result in explosions.

Realistic body armor

When shot and wearing a vest, you will still be severely wounded, and another shot in the vest will kill you.This is not at all how body armour works today, or in the future.

Body armour works like this: You have a soft armour, kevlar, that covers large areas of you body. Kevlar will stop shrapnel, pistol rounds, some richochets, etc. but not larger rounds. Then we have the hard armour, trauma plates. These are positioned in the front, rear and sides of the vest, and whilst not covering as much as the kevlar, they still cover most of the vest. These plates will stop several (as in roughly 8-12) 7.62 rounds before breaking. If a shot hits the plate, the worst thing that can happen is that you're knocked over and suffer pain, perhaps broken ribs. Quite often though, because of adrenaline rush a soldier won't even notice he was hit in the plate until after a firefight is over.

Feedback tracker ticket

AI

Artificial intelligence driving pathfinding, ability to take sharp turns, detection of objects on the roads

(phyXs supported or non phyXs)

Feedback tracker with 500 upvotes

Animation

Player Movement Speed Needs Gradual Acceleration and Deceleration and transition between speeds

Inertia is completely absent from ArmA3 - thus

There is no noticeable transition between standing and sprinting.

There is no noticeable transition between sprinting and stopping.

You can turn 180 degrees while running full speed in 0.1 seconds. That's right - you can immediately run the other way like in some 2D platformer. Now try shooting a guy doing this trick.

Feedback tracker ticket

Edited by enex

^This... and fully configurable vehicles in editor (i.e airplane cas loadout, or MG only for assault boat). And a visually more conventional class available for CSAT. :)

Edited by Jone_Kone

Ok, so how about NVGs that can be switched to thermal mode? Or at least making it feasible for addonmakers to create such NVGs.

I wish we could retexture all weapons (and gear). Right now it seems only Mk20 and TRG rifles can be textured. MX rifle retextures no longer show on virtual arsenal?

Ok, so how about NVGs that can be switched to thermal mode? Or at least making it feasible for addonmakers to create such NVGs.
What about NVGs that can be adjusted regarding the intensity like back in ACE2 or so? I fly in a helo, and i can't see the instruments at all..

Wind effect on bullets, planes, helicopters are good.

For the vanilla group manager, add the team (white, red, blue, green) options so the player can join it inside its squad.

Currently not possible by the vanilla group tool, tried the vanilla interaction menu but doesn't look to affect the group manager or player.

Alright BIS. You chose the 2035 Armaverse, so I'm going to suggest some projects that'll be in use by then. Firstly, Eurocopter X3. If you want your game to look like a proper 2035 setting, a "stealth" A-10 isn't going to cut it. For the Civilians firstly.

Secondly, there is a Quad Copter design in the works. Yeah, there is a Quad Copter in game, but that's not what I'm talking about.

This is

http://www.hover-bike.com/MA/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/P2.jpg (415 kB)

http://www.hover-bike.com/MA/product/drone-3/

http://interestingengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/malloy-aeronautics-hoverbike-14.jpg (126 kB)

I'm certain that these could be added to the civilian line without making it look like Alien Technology. Given the fact they're real vehicles. =D

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

How about ArmA 3 to be converted to 64-bit already. . . . For real the game cannot even use 100% of my GPU or CPU to push out more FPS.

BI can you PLEASE make ArmA 3 64-bit? IT is holding the game back.

we need more nightvision scopes for the sniper rifles... WITHOUT any thermal sights... for these guys who dont want it to be to overpowered ^^

because the zoom of the nvs is a joke... a real bad one ^^

Add subfolders/tabs for each mod so there isn't one giant list to scroll through in the virtual arsenal. THANK YOU

We need melee hit mechanism.When the enemy is close and you run out of ammo or you have a long range weapon like sniper,it's preferable to use melee.And more important if you run out of ammo you don't just standing there looking at the enemy before he kills you.

You don't have to create a complicated animation.Just a simple hit using the weapon.

Another thing i want to improve is the AI driving skills,i mean come on.They have to learn how to drive sometime!How not to run over friendlies and how not to get stuck in towns.

And last i have a dream,you can say it is a dream because i don't think it'll become a reallity at least not until the next game.It's the units morale!Units have to eat,drink and sleep some time to keep their morale up or they'll start having issues in battle situations.This would've brought a bigger level of immersion to the game.

We have recieved most of the most anticipated features that were ever wanted in Arma, over Arma 3's first life. Expansion is coming, and no features are confirmed, or even thought of.

So far we have gotten 3D scopes, proper UAV's, Advanced Flight Model, Sling Loading and Rope technology with still un-tapped potential, firing from Vehicles, better shooting mechanics and at last, #Bipods. There are a few things left that would make Arma 3 even better. Two of them include Infantry being able to move, pick up and drag certain items and allow them to move things during gameplay. But there's one other feature that Arma 3 should have. The ability for the man class to move around on a moving object/vehicle, that's configured to allow it.

This feature would create new possibilities more on the Naval side of things, but can be used for other tech aswell. As of now, a lot of the PhysX based objects work well together, for example, you can land a helicopter on a moving object. However, is you hop out during movement, you will be left standing where you are as the object moves from under you.

Adding this feature and it's possibilities would help out a ton of modders as well, providing a new and golden feature that certain mods need. Arma 3 needs this feature. Please make it possible. It's not impossible. There has been a demonstration of a hacky way to do this, and to everyone's surprise (or at least those that know), it worked very smoothly. If there was an In Engine way to do it, it'd be amazing.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial