Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Here is a thread I wrote a while ago, I just updated it with more information on replacing the magic radar (see part 2 in the post).

A SP sandbox game-mode. SP has so many potential.. if only BI would look further than single scenario's and linear campaigns.

Let us roam a living Altis , build a base using zeus, respawn when we die.. there's more to this game than just "go there - destroy this - GTFO".

A SP sandbox game-mode. SP has so many potential.. if only BI would look further than single scenario's and linear campaigns.

Let us roam a living Altis , build a base using zeus, respawn when we die.. there's more to this game than just "go there - destroy this - GTFO".

I don't know if BIS will make this, but this needs to be a scenario. Modders, make us proud.

Give OPFOR their own set of optics and weapon mods. It makes no sense for CSAT to use American-made optics when there are plenty of Eastern (Russian/Chinese) analogues that would be more suitable and logical to have i.e. Kobra collimator as CSAT's ACO equivalent, PSO-1 for the DMS, Krechet holosights vs. the MK17, PBS suppressors for the Katiba, and so on.

Also, bring back unused weapon accessories like the:

- Trijicon ACOG/SRS

P6jpbx9.pngvJw0h7V.png

- BE Meyers DCL-120 for the Mk200

OjsTuFo.png

- Osprey suppressor for the 4-five

- TLS 3 pistol flashlight

nVwHt7X.png

- Flash hiders for rifles and pistols

22zr1Av.pngbRzIome.png

And don't forget the the MAPL, Combined Weapons Sight (COWS), M-25's CDTE, TLD and the TWS Marksman scopes:

VBZGMmo.pngPgDWdYT.pngTOYHwp6.pngts4DOlX.png

The website is missing one simple and crucial section. What does the Battle selection process actually look like? How are the servers filtered? How can I filter them? Are there only user made missions or are there battle modes such as tank battles? Can I have a list of tank battles to choose from? Can I select whatever configuration of vehicles I want and receive a list of available battles?

Give OPFOR their own set of optics and weapon mods. It makes no sense for CSAT to use American-made optics when there are plenty of Eastern (Russian/Chinese) analogues that would be more suitable and logical to have i.e. Kobra collimator as CSAT's ACO equivalent, PSO-1 for the DMS, Krechet holosights vs. the MK17, PBS suppressors for the Katiba, and so on.

Also, bring back unused weapon accessories like the:

- Trijicon ACOG/SRS

http://i.imgur.com/P6jpbx9.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/vJw0h7V.png

- BE Meyers DCL-120 for the Mk200

http://i.imgur.com/OjsTuFo.png

- Osprey suppressor for the 4-five

- TLS 3 pistol flashlight

http://i.imgur.com/nVwHt7X.png

- Flash hiders for rifles and pistols

http://i.imgur.com/22zr1Av.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/bRzIome.png

And don't forget the the MAPL, Combined Weapons Sight (COWS), M-25's CDTE, TLD and the TWS Marksman scopes:

http://i.imgur.com/VBZGMmo.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/PgDWdYT.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/TOYHwp6.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ts4DOlX.png

I have a feeling that some of those scopes (at least the TWS marksman) will be coming with our marksman update. Fingers crossed!

A lot of Russians today use Western made and Europe made scopes. Given the time frame 2035, though, and bring in the Iranians who, use US tech mostly as well, it's not exactly out of place for them to be using even their own made version of a Western made Elcan scope. Though, I agree, and I'd like to see more diversity in scores, and attachments.

ability to blow hole's in walls etc. and strengthen wall againts one hit and it flattens unless it's an explosive hit of course

also be able to make murder hole's as well.

doors open out when inside and in when out side

open windows or smash them out or both

Automatic view distance control. Dynamic based on framerate. When there's few engagements player is usually looking far. Action is usually within a relativly small radius, then the view distance can be temporarily reduced to keep fps higher in combat. View distance is raised again afterwards.

I had an idea about how to improve the current damage model in Arma 3 to be more realistic.

I got inspired by the f2p game Heroes and Generals. If you take damage by a bullet, you take an amount of damage, and a part (about half) of that taken damage will heal gradually over time.

My idea is to use a similar model in Arma 3. But unlike in Heroes and Generals where you automatically heal over time, you will have to use a bandage to heal. Thus replacing the old model where you get back to (I think it is) 75% always after using a bandage.

Also, I think that when you get shot in the leg, you shouldn't die after a couple of shots, but you either bleed to death or fall unconscious. I also think that after a specific amount of damage you should not be able to stand on your legs anymore and can only prone since the bullet holes cause too much pain.

I hope you will advance the medical/damage model in Arma 3, because it's even more basic than arma 2 at the moment.

Thanks for reading!

Land rovers for rough terrain. We're missing some hella awesome nice Military grade cars. For example, a modern car re-enforced and turned into a Military Off-road. A Skoda for example, with CSAT Camo, or NATO Tan, with the bar Bumpers the Off-road has, and bar supports. It's engine would be as powerful as the Off-road sport, the wheels a bit tougher than the UGV RCWS, and the ability to carry a full squad of 6.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Bsp8_I3IQAAB6tn.jpg

What are the next additions ?

Why there are very few U.S. vehicles ?

Thanks.

Because it's "NATO". Not "US ARMY".

There should be more nations in the game.

I hope that Arma 4 will be only dedicated to the American Army, USMC, USAF, USN, the USA. Please devs !

Arma 4 - A real military Sandbox. What does that mean?

Real world locations, a series of Real factions from many countries representing Opfor, Blufor, an Independent nations. Canada and other countries like China being Indipendent, USA and other active countries like France/Germany being Blufor. Russia and other opposition countries being Opfor. All the gear and weapons should be modern weapons and vehicles (as in existing vehicles/weapons in use or in development at the time the game is made). This kind of sandbox would allow for an amazing amount of Vanilla scenarios instead of just a handful with 3 factions. A real military Sandbox would be a leap forward with amazing results in term if sales and customer satisfaction. Imagine Arma, but with the military flexibility of Wargame: Air and Land Battle, but you and others players actually play the infantry/vehicles and using real skills to accomplish tasks.

Also better graphics, such as almost unlimited view distance. This would enhance utilization of engine capabilities, such as TrueSKY, being able to use all of it's features to represent real world weather conditions like never before. Sub pixel rendering would also help with Near unlimited view distance.

Better weapon systems, meaning it's still simple, quite simple to learn, but still requires some skill to use certain weapons on specific vehicles, and the likes.

Armed Assault 4 - The Ultimate Military Sandbox

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

EDIT: Oh, and a side thought, making Arma 4 an on going, dynamic development. In other words, things can still be added as time goes on. New things, maps, factions, weapons, vehicles, and most importantly, Engine enhacements, fixes, and features. It would be the game of games, that is ever dynamic in inprovements.

there is no arma4 on horizon. the above is simply a make all things day dreaming of sorts

Can you integrate the factions U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, U.S. Air Force on ArmA 3 ( with vehicles, weapons, uniforms, skins, cammo...) ?

Create low-res version of the game for larger scale and functionality.

Make radar on vehicles and aircrafts more realistic. Magic radar is very unnatural and breaks immersion.

Selective surrendering / Selective skill alterations:

(I can not post links) 'Curator Presets Mod'

The author of this mod has made some usefull scripts, especially the surrendering module and the skill module, unfortunately it's not easy (thanks to Steam) to switch between the modded and non modded game, so I would suggest takeing steps toward an (at least) equally efficient method of allowing Zeus to make A.I surrender and to alter their skills (adding things like preset saving and loading for the skillset).

Virtual Arsenal improvements:

While being able to customise the loadout of a given unit is a great feature, its efficiency decreases the more units Zeus has to alter. To remedy this I have several suggestions:

_Make the 'copy/paste' of the given unit a copy of the loadout (minus voice & face).

_Give an option in the virtual arsenal to ignore some categories, presets can affect main/launcher/secondary/uniform/armor/backpack (since those are linked one way or another), but not the remaining categories unless the weight limit is reached because of those.

_Zeus can dynamically 'add' a unit to the spawnable pools, unit altered using the Zeus Virtual Arsenal, to do so, add an option "save unit" instead of "save loadout", the said unit does not need to be as customisable as a modded unit, just a copy of an existing unit with its loadout altered.

Misc improvements:

The ability for Zeus to:

_ Spawn random civilians quickly in a limited area / in a given town.

_ Use the "dismissed" waypoint and (that would be nice) to accelerate its effects (spreading the group who received this waypoint as if it was dismissed for several minutes).

_ Use the Guard waypoints and Triggers, even in a limited fashion, this would allow Zeus not to have to micromanage groups all the time while he's creating a mission.

_ Alter the "tracer effects", in color and in frequency at least, though altering the weapon type and direction would be very nice.

Some people at BiS ought to watch this. It's been a decade people have been telling them suppressors don't make bullets magically drop like bricks.

-proper simulation of suppressors, subsonic and supersonic ammunition.

Edited by dunedain

only if that solution is opensource and not locked to one specific hardware vendor