Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

So, i saw a video an it brought up a very important question. With all the content in game, there still feels to be something missing. Now, before you jump to conclusions, i'd like to say that this is not a speculation thread, but more of an educated research thread to bring up some interesting assets that could be put to use, based on what type of asset it is, what it does, what place it has in the Armaverse, and how effective it would be. I will first start off with the APC for NATO. The AMV-7 Marshall i think it's called. It's got a main cannon and coaxial machinegun. Now, usually APC's and different varients for different purposes. So, whats missing? A main HQ (or MHQ), and this real life version that uses Hellfires, and the existing in game weaker rockets called, the DAGR.

As for the AAF, they have the Strider (German Fennek MRAP), so what's with the strider? How about this.

I forgot what it's called, but it's a Fennek equipped with Stingers (ok, that doesn't sound to educated ill be honest, can't recall the name right now) but anyhow, i think you get the point. So basically, if there are vehicles, lets see what you guys can come up with for different version of said vehicle, and what place they have. Seeing as the Fennek is an amphibious vehicle, i'd imagine AAF special forces pulling off AA units out t sea to surprise the enemy where they least expect it. From the sea.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

EDIT: Moderator, may i ask for this thread be moved to General Discussion, minor misplacement on my part.

It was stated often enough: We need an overhaul of all infantry movements and aiming. I hope, the Marksman DLC will also work on that.

1.) Recenter the weapon and not let it stay up in the sky after a spray. You press the weapon to your shoulder and stiff your body. You ultimately will come back down immediately after the burst. And that pretty much close to target (not exact, but pretty close (I hate it since introduction in Operation Arrowhead). It disconnects you from your character.

2.) Weapon sway while in the sights should show NO (or just tiny) swaying between head and weapon (you stiff your neck and body to build a pretty stable connection -> the weapon would not sway in front of you that hard) -> Again: Feeling disconnected from the char.

3.) Better mouse movement (incl. above mentioned). In reallife, I can run with weapon in position and hit targets in 20m range pretty much everytime with a burst, especially with SMGs, etc. Even with bigger rifle, I can mange shooting close quarters. Currently, you need serious amount of time (several seconds) to be able to shoot and in really close situations, things are very badly messed up. You never do, like you would like and like you would in reallife. sometimes you shoot a whole magazine and probably mess 90% of the bullets. Running with strafing maneuvers even help close combat. And I wouldnt miss shots with an automated maschine gun on such distances, even when target is evading.

4.) Weapon resting and a dynamic cover alignmentz system (like in Red Orchestra -> simple, very handy and more to reality)

5.) Use the hidden animations for climbing over walls, etc. to create a more variable approach on target. E.g. get "tag team" possibility (one soldier helps the other to climb an obstacle or give him a "human ladder", so that he can have a look over the wall or even shoot from there)

So, these are my wishes for infantry. We got better dynamic movement and more dynamic fights in Arma 3, but the aim is off. Close quarters combat doesnt feel dynamic. It mostly ends up with: "Damn, I had 5 seconds on the enemy 30 m away, but I couldnt manage to shoot as I sway too much." Sometimes, shooting out of the window, the enemy probably lay down, turn around and has the better shooting opportunity and shoots you, although you were first (especially with heavy guns out of windows -> we need weapon resting)

Concerning other things:

1.) Use the doors animations and work on enhanced get in/out animations for vehicles (there are so many awesome moving parts, that should be used)

2.) Get more "skill" involved in missile firing in helicopters/jets. "Tab + fire" is to simple somehow.

3.) Give ALL vehicles a more decent damage model and more hitzones. Get Armor and Armor penetration...

Edited by Stublerone

Arma3 + this = awesome.

Depends whether the AI can see you through it though, 'cos if so it just hinders the player and people would disable it ;)

We need one thing, maybe DLC, called for example Ambient Life, with maybe a working and stable module that will populate the map with animals, civs and I mean men, women and children. We are playing milsim, but it's still a closed battlefield and when's there few civs, it's just generic boys standing around...better civilian AI would be also good!

Glory Arma 3! These hybrid helicopters have to be in the game.

Sikorsky - S-97 Raider Light Tactical Helicopter Special Operations Combat Simulation

AVX Aircraft - Compound Coaxial Helicopter (CCH) Simulation

Quad-Core support ?

getgraphimg.php?id=89&n=1

AMD Vishera is pretty well understandable and the bonus from 2 cores to 4 cores man...

Intel Haswell is the same, 4 fps boost for additionnal 2 cores ? (hyperthreading isn't well support either but that's not the critical wound here)

Lets not talk about 6 or 8 cores of Haswell-E, it's useless obviously. But 4 cores support should bring nice boost for everyone, especialy on a game eating our CPU on multiplayers missions. It's not the case today, and that's something we must have.

Saying it is one thing, doing it is another and i am pretty sure it's something hard to get but hey it's the future you don't really have a choice here.

Edited by Paul-Hewson

Speed limiter, cruise control, adaptative cruise control (to get an easy convoy formation with safe/auto-safe distance) could be helpful special commands for driver of ground vehicles.

The game lacks an "analog" speed control too or you need a special controler for that. If you don't, you spend your time pressing/releasing the key which is kinda boring. I know it's not an automotive simulation, but we spend time in ground vehicle and this should help smooth the driver experience while moving into solid ground.

We need one thing, maybe DLC, called for example Ambient Life, with maybe a working and stable module that will populate the map with animals, civs and I mean men, women and children. We are playing milsim, but it's still a closed battlefield and when's there few civs, it's just generic boys standing around...better civilian AI would be also good!

Agreed 100%

Well as a start, it's a very very beautiful game, it's complicated not a lot of people know how to play it but that's what makes it very very special! Yet, there are things I have in mind I would love for BI to enhance about the game, I'm not sure if you sorted it in the thread above or not, I have read some but I might have missed it so apologies if you've seen my comment as a repeated suggestion, so here it is:

•Brighten the Attack Chopper's Thermal Cam to look kinda more realistic try adding a little bit of temporary blur when zooming in and out, shooting or moving the cannon and increase the cannon's recoil and sound, I'm very sure you know what I'm talking about and just incase if you needed a standard template try looking it up on YOUTUBE it's a piece of cake. That alone would make me so happy since I'm into the air force action involvement.

•Merge the locking icons with the weapon's HUD ONLY that will make it a lot more realistic and especially to anti aircraft launchers, anti tank launchers and especially to AIRCRAFTS and CHOPPER CANNON CAMS.

And if the target was around the vehicle and that's more common with jets it's more likely for the icon to match the colors of the HUD or to be put as an arrow guiding the player towards the target until the target is on the HUD.

•Adding more dynamic weather just as it was mentioned before in the thread is really important, like, adding DUST since more people are into combat involvements on desert maps because of the current war against terrorism in the Middle East in general.

•Adding more details into explosions, fire and smoke more like when choppers shoot targets we need more dust and more smoke and bigger explosions and THE MORE, THE BETTER! Even better sounds not to forget of course!

•Adding more wounding details, like Bullet Wounds, Blood, and even worse if it takes. Let's not forget we're aiming for a more realistic game, I'd follow CALL of DUTY 5 WORLD at WAR as a dead soldier animation, and I'm sorry for mentioning some other game in here, but, we all got the idea here.

•I know the game is from the future (2035) I might not like as if it's not an actual event but let's say we need more Attack Chopper one is similar to the AH-64 Apache and the a Fighter Aircraft for both of the sides NATO and CSAT since they have Attack Aircrafts only.

•Add more Fire, Weight and Smoke to the air missiles so they're more realistic that way.

I'm not sure if putting an actual and a real life country would be that easy, like CYPRUS, BI will need a lot copy rights and will not be as easy as creating a virtual environment map that does not exist in real life but is based on an event and is a similar map to a real life one!

Thank you guys very much for reading my reply if you did, I hope you liked the suggestions that I've given you, and sorry for involving the air vehicles more than I should've been, but what can I say it's a passion, thanks again!

Edited by F0GxLiGhT
Forgot the missile smoke and weight thing.

Please implement the ability to add sub folders to Virtual Arsenal. For example in the weapons tab in VA, you could add individual sub folders for each mod's weapons that way they are not all bunched into one long list that scrolls down forever. It can be very over whelming.

the V-280 Valor to replace the VTOL (MV-22) from arma 3. Why? Because Arma 3 is using NATO, with the US Army as the US representatives for NATO. Given that, the US Army has also selecte the V-280 Valor for it's Future VTOL Multirole. Therefore it should be in Arma 3 in 2035. Nuf said. Plus it looks cool, futuristic, and REAL. It's not Sci-fi. It looks sexy.

bell-v-280-valor-tiltrotor-0.jpg

I searched for quite a few pages, so I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but here goes. I'd like to see something that I've been wanting since Op:Flashpoint. I think that Arma 2 really got on the right track, and Arma 3 is getting even closer, but it still isn't quite there yet. I am talking about control of the individual soldier to the point that many other shooters allow. Let me break this down a little:

What I like:

*Players are actual 3d models, not just a camera and a gun with hit boxes (you can see your feet, lower your weapon, turn your head independent of your body, etc.)

*There are many movements included that make sense (leaning, rolling, the new 'tactical' pace, etc.)

*Realistic fatigue system (although my guy seems like a real wuss sometimes, lol) that includes injury, exertion, and weight

*Locational wounding system. (Could still use some improvement, I'll touch on that)

What needs improvement:

*Weapons manipulations, especially when it comes to weapon's transitions. Two things on this. First, there is no reason I should have to STOP dead in my tracks to change from my rifle to my pistol. If I am switching to a launcher, this makes sense. Second, there needs to be two types of weapons switches. A hasty switch (weapons transition due to malfunction or empty weapon, or to go hands on with a subject to handcuff) where the rifle is simply dropped slung across the front of the character, and a full switch like that which is included in the game. As it stands now, if I am operating in a CQC engagement and run dry on my rifle, it makes more sense to simply reload than to transition, as I'd be going to a less effective weapon system, the transition would take longer, and I'd have to stop to do it. This is not the case when it comes to real life. When I breach a room and go "bang" 'click', I switch to my sidearm and finish the engagement.

*Actions. This is likely the most criticized item in the entire Op:FP and Arma series, the action menu. While I don't mind the action menu necessarily for certain things, the ability to streamline things where possible would be nice. While the contextual actions have gotten a little better, they still need work. I'd really like to reliably open the door I'm pointing at on structures with different doors.

*Squad Command. It would be nice to see some revamping here. While there's a lot that is done right, there's a lot that needs work. First, especially with having many enterable buildings now, some CQC specific commands and actions would be nice. Having an AI script for making a basic entry and clearing a structure would be great as well.

In all, I'd really like to feel, as the player, that I am able to be effective in a CQC environment, and that my AI squadmates won't just get jacked up by the enemy upon initial entry as well.

*Medical. I'd like to see you guys get deeper with your medical system as well. Maybe implement it in a similar fashion to the Rotorlib, where it is optional. Have it where you have different types of injuries, dependent on the mechanism of injury. Stuff like blast injuries, burns, blunt trauma, penetrating trauma, etc. Show these things somewhat realistically on the models, and have the medics have to appropriately assess and treat the wounded. Things like putting a tourniquet on extremity bleeds, chest seals for open chest wounds, etc. I'm not talking mini game style gimmicks, but even just selecting it from the action menu as to what to apply. This is obviously the most farfetched idea I have, and I wouldn't expect it to be seen any time soon. The other stuff is much more important.

- Other than that, I'd really also like to see some of the things that have already been mentioned here, such as a targeting pod for the ground attack aircraft like the Wipeout. It would really make things like using AGM's and LGB's more realistic.

Hello creators at Bohemia, I just want to say first of all that I and my brother are so addicted to playing Arma 3 Its not even funny. We love everything about it. I'm sure that people have already been posting about this issue but I would like to suggest a fix for it as well. I just purchased a pair of Skullcandy Plyr 2 wireless headset and now In-Game SP and MP the sound will come on for a few seconds and then fade out to nothing until some other action is going on in the game which powers back up the sound until it is quiet again, then keeps fading out to nothing over and over..Also I cannot hear my own gunshots. Now you can see how frustrating this is because who wants to play a war game in silence haha. I did some light reading on the issue and people are saying that Arma3 is not compatible with the game sounds. Maybe you guys could look into it and see what can be done..Maybe a patch or a hotfix, I would hate to have paid 150 dollars for a headset and not be able to use them.

Thanks so much for your time.

Arma 3 Review 10/10

ReaperSin

Determine full zoom by screen resolution.

The justification for the zoom is that it gives you closer to real life vision. The typical 25 year old can see 80 pixels per degree or 20/15 vision (20/20 is 60 per degree). I have a 1680 pixel wide monitor and in-game I see about 50 degrees zoomed in, so I get 34 pixels per degree, well below what an infantryman would have. If I had a 4K monitor with the same level of zoom, it would be perfect at around 80 ppd. Most people don't have a 4K monitor so the game should give everyone the same visual acuity by balancing zoom (and to prevent someone from gaining hawk vision if he gets an 8K monitor someday). So I would be able to zoom to 21 degrees to see the same amount of detail. This would make it a more immersive and accurate infantry simulation.

horizontal resolution / 80 = minimum horizontal field of view

In situation where player is in a role of a teamleader and has 3 AIs in his team, there's no way to use proper M.O.U.T. tactics with the AI in towns. No behavior mode (stealt, combat, aware) keeps them follow in a file formation behind the player. They (AI) always wander around, clearing adjusting compounds, when not ordered to.

They should just follow in a file formation, everybody looking and covering different sector and shoot if necessary unless ordered otherwise by player (leader).

And I am not talking about the fact, that AI doesn't use proper tactics when checking behind a corner of a building. Or that squadleading in a town is even more pain sometimes. Bad CQB in buildings in Arma is a known fact.

I like the way Arma commanding is, but when the fight is going on you cannot give orders to separate AI individuals to reach the goal, they shoul have more (artificial) intelligence.

My assumptions are based mainly on Full Spectrum Warrior style of MOUT fighting.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I know that in Arma 3 you can adjust your stance by much more predefined positions than in previous ARMAs. But it could be done even in an analogue way - something similar like looking around by "alt" key. You would just press a key and be able to lean by mouse how exactly much you want.

Possible useful situations:

- leaning behind a corner (this one is apparent)

- tilting up when prone to see over grass without too much exposing yourself (it is actually oddly possible when right-clickig your mouse button to see throuch sights, then looking/aimin upward, then pressing "alt" and looking downwards to the horizontal level - disadvantage is that your gun reaches to the sky exposing your position). I know that there's a 3rd person view, but some servers don't allow it and some hard-core players refuse to use it or play on higher difficulties with it disabled.

- when landing with helicopter you could lean you head (view) closer to the window glass to see under the chopper better.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Radar doesn't work properly I think.

- It shouldn't show enemy military vehicles gray if there is no one inside and if the engine is off. Enemy military vehicle is always just it, radar doesn't differenciate if somebody is embarked.

- If enemy infantry is in an civilian vehicle, radar shouldn't show it as enemy vehicle. Radar doesn't differenciate the fraction of the person driving it.

- If player (let's say blufor) embarks to an enemy military vehicle (opfor), the radar in that opfor vehicle shouldn't show the vehicles of his fraction (blufor) green. The software in the enemy military vehicle radar should still mark it red as enemy blufor vehicles.

Edited by LJ88cz

Alright, just another one of those things. It would be nice if BIS updated faction gear at some point in the future, but besides that, here is one for Opfor. This, i couldn't find it's name/documentation or anything, but it appears to have the same lower section as the T-100 (T-90MS), and instead of an APC top, or copied Artillery installment with a strikingly similar but different name (The Epiphany of oxymoron... heh...), this would be something they should have considered.

800px-TOS-1_MRL_parade.jpg?6e6c75

If anyone can find the name on it and information, please don't be shy, and add it's information in this thread. Before you do though, remember to read first post for the guidelines.

It's odd to see so much content balance between the factions (6.5mm CSAT vs 6.5mm NATO), yet certain pieces are missing or focused into one side.

On top of what you posted, I'd like to see a CSAT/AAF repair tank (BREM-80U, based on a T-80U)

brem_80u.jpg

a NATO light truck (Up-armored FMTV w/ gun nest)

http://www.warwheels.net/images/m1078FMTV_LSACbelue1.jpg (477 kB)

and command vehicles for each side created from their wheeled IFVs.

The vehicle you posted is a TOS-1 from Russia. It wasn't hard to find. I just googled "Russian MLRS tank".

Alright, just another one of those things. It would be nice if BIS updated faction gear at some point in the future, but besides that, here is one for Opfor. This, i couldn't find it's name/documentation or anything, but it appears to have the same lower section as the T-100 (T-90MS), and instead of an APC top, or copied Artillery installment with a strikingly similar but different name (The Epiphany of oxymoron... heh...), this would be something they should have considered.

http://newshockpedia.alegriamarketing.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/800px-TOS-1_MRL_parade.jpg?6e6c75

If anyone can find the name on it and information, please don't be shy, and add it's information in this thread. Before you do though, remember to read first post for the guidelines.

It's a TOS-1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOS-1

Ooh. Looking back, I reminded myself of something I was thinking about a while ago. I want trailers. Working trailers. Like in Spin Tires, but without the mud. Call it Arma 3: Convoy DLC.

Hey there

I'd really love to see snow and winter. Especially the snow could be really inflict the gameplay. Just like heavy snow storms slowing troops down due to lack of sight and wind, more fuel consumption for ground vehicles and for airplanes to I guess. Also the aerodynamics should be influenced. The snow would so also slow down infantry by requiring more stamina. And the coolest feature should be, realistic footprints, traces etc. Could be a really cool tactic gadget.

Its so simple thing and yet it annoys me so much as to whenever my character puts pistol in his holster it magically disappears. Why it is so hard to make pistol visible in its holster? Dayz SA already does that. We can have rifles, launchers etc. hangin on back but somehow pistol is not where it should be. Please gimme some answers.

Every item could have a physical appearance when picked up, expect for magazines on vests that have closed pouches, you won't see those anyhow. But you should be able to see the items you put on you. For instance, if you put a gun in your packpack, it should appear something like this.

dyuj5g.gif

F3%20gun%20drawsm.jpg

It would be nice instead of disappearing gear.