EDIT: Sorry LJ I just tried v6.17.1222 and I really like the new MX sound. Great work mate.

Merry Christmas and keep up the great work that you do.

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

I for one am enjoying the new sounds Jarhead so keep up the auditory assault on my ears.

As for everyone complaining about the changes, you realize you can just rip the old MX sound out of a previous version (provided the sounds were seperate PBO's in those versions) and just put them in your own modset.

10 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

It would be cool if you know what weapons are involved, exactly. Long range weapons, OK, but what exactly. Like, only USAF or the Russian AFRF as well? Or even some weapons from the GREF, SAF? 

LJ 

LJ, It is either caused by RHS:USAF secondaries or main weapons. They don't use pistols with AFRF, GREF and SAF weapons, it works fine. They also keep using their primaries if I switch their USAF pistols for AFRF pistols, so it's definitely USAF weapons. Beside of M4s and MK18s, this behaviour was present with Mk11, M27, M249, pistols being M9, Glock and 1911. Didn't test it further.
Hope it helps.

Jeez give the guy a break, it's Christmas day y'know? 

Love your work Lord Jar & Merry Christmas to you ;)

• Like 3

On 25.12.2017 at 1:03 PM, LordJarhead said:

Can we now stop this stupid discussion? 

Yes you don't like it. Others do like it. That's normal. And JSRS is in constant change. Because I don't let it rest, for good. I would never stop improving myself and my work, that's my hobby. If you want things to stay that way I'd have to stop modding... 

People like this and hate that, that's normal. Now it hit you and you are upset but honestly, no one else seem to care much about that change?!?! So I really don't change things to peoples liking anymore, mate. I'm way past that point and certainly never want to go back to that. The community has changed and I adapted and honestly don't care enough anymore to listen to other people rather than my own opinion or taste. 

LJ 

As creator this mod, you are right. No problems, the discussion is buried

Hey LordJarHead,

I have a small request to make. I know that this thread is not meant for such things but I have to give it a go. Since you made the NiArms compatibility mod with JSRS you covered almost the every single piece of the NiArsenal weaponry but MG3 and MG42 you left untouched. Is it still somehow possible to have JSRS sounds working in MG3's and MG42's? 

Thanks for advance

Experiencing missing firing sound from the RHS PKM.

The person firing the PKM always hears the sound of the gun firing but anyone else does not.

This appears to be intermittent or related to distance from the firing gun.

6 hours ago, kartaviy said:

clarify please

If a gun has subsonic rounds you wont hear the cracking noise as they fly by you, it's part of arma itself.

• Like 2

Just a heads up, on devbranch right now JSRS soundmod is causing GBU-12 and similar munitions (cluster bombs, RBK-500, probably others) to not show up in the pilot's weapons list while playing. You can choose them in Eden via the pylon settings, and they will visually appear on the aircraft even in-game, but when cycling through weapons they never show up. This may be happening on the main branch as well, but I have not tested to confirm. 

6ckNC05.jpg

Hello listeners!

After more than three months abstinence and my inactivity within the community, I am now trying slowly to get back into the running process. After the release of the new DLC for ArmA3 and probably the last major update of the game, I will now devote myself to a bigger task: the vehicle sound design!

Due to the Tank DLC and the implementation of a new framework for vehicle sounds, I am partly forced to create a new framework and adapt it to my sound effects. The process is quite complex, but is largely limited to coding. New sound effects are not necessary. Nevertheless, I would like to set the task of creating a new kind of sound and immersion in order to give the final touch to what is probably the final game!

This requires new effects, new ideas have to be transposed and tested, and everything has to be tuned to a normal level in terms of volume and flow of the game. That's also why I removed all land vehicle sounds in my last update to JSRS Soundmod. The other reason was the accumulation of errors and misrepresentations, the mixture of JSRS and vanilla sounds, and the resulting chaotic situation to separate the individual elements.

Now, my primary task is to create a new design, a simple design, one that's easy to manage and maintain, and one that creates a fluid, smooth sound at the end. There are many adjustments necessary. Every single vehicle requires the utmost attention and must be tested in various situations. Because at the end not only a good sound should be created, but also one that works! Because as well as Bohemia does with their last DLC, my next big update will be my last for ArmA3.

I think there will be a great successor for the series, so I'd like to focus on that as soon as possible. JSRS Soundmod will not stop though. I will continue to work until the last bug or issues has been resolved. This will take time, it will take weeks and months, but in the end a final product should be ready to play!

So make yourself ready and stay tuned, there's gonna be a massive update ahead! I hope you all enjoy JSRS Soundmod and have a good time!

Thanks for reading,

Dennis - LordJarhead

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

OFPS is having major signature issues with JSRS sound mod. It's my fav mod hands down and unfortunately we had to pull the keys for the main mod and enhanced movement due to an error that comes up in the Arma Launcher that says "Server can't transmit all data; some allowed mods might be missing or their signatures not recognized"  as soon as we pull the keys, it shows green on the launcher....we add them back in, it shows red and the error comes up. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

14 hours ago, spanishsurfer said:

OFPS is having major signature issues with JSRS sound mod. It's my fav mod hands down and unfortunately we had to pull the keys for the main mod and enhanced movement due to an error that comes up in the Arma Launcher that says "Server can't transmit all data; some allowed mods might be missing or their signatures not recognized"  as soon as we pull the keys, it shows green on the launcher....we add them back in, it shows red and the error comes up. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

I'll look into it when I get back. Might be a signature problem as some old signatures went into the latest updates.

Also, I might have to disable some feature or at least decrease the amount of activities for when it comes to multiplayer...

LJ

• Thanks 1

Made a little comparison between vanilla, jsrs and jsrs beta v2:

Mission file in case you wanna see for yourself, since youtube doesn't support 5.1.

Cheers

• Thanks 3

With the current JSRS what are the effects on client and server side performance if any?  Is it able to run just client side?

Don't see any big performance hits and can be run client side. But it's totally worth it, check out the performance by yourself

Made another comparison.

Vanilla, JSRS, JSRS + Enhanced Soundscape, JSRS beta v6.

Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The third vid seems to sound the best.

Hello,

after the beta and a lot of people testing it it seemed the version was ready for delivery. So I updated the main mod today and did some smaller changes. I delete the Realoding Sounds addon and will add that into the main version of the mod and see what's gonna happen. No one seemed to have any trouble with these in the beta, so lets wait and see.

I updated RHS, NIarms and SMA weapon sounds, the individual addons did not need further work. I delete all the RHS vehicle sounds out of my lists and get rid of a bunch of problems and work this way.

Here is the tiny changelog for this update :)

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0629 Changes:

Tweaks
- Tweaked Movement volume for footsteps
- Tweaked Weapon tails distance and volume
- Tweaked Helicopter exterior volume where too loud
- Tweaked Lowered general volume and texture for most ambient sounds
- Tweaked All weapons got reworked / exchanged
- Tweaked All vehicle noises got reworked
- Tweaked Combined all air vehicle sounds
- Tweaked Combined all land vehicle sounds
- Tweaked Overall volume and normalization
- Tweaked Combined all warfare sounds (Cracks, Snaps, Hits, explosions etc...)
- Tweaked Combined all cfg files into several big ones to prevent lagging
- Tweaked Added new layers to mechanical parts of weapons
- Tweaked Added new pop sounds for distance weapon sounds
- Tweaked Combined all weapon sounds into one big file
- Tweaked General revision and maintenance
- Tweaked Movement/Gear noises
- Tweaked overall soniccrack appearance and volume
- Tweaked Increased volume and distance for gear noises
- Tweaked overall texture of movement sounds and stance noises
- Tweaked Soniccracks got more punch and are louder/normalized
- Tweaked Distances for movement
- Tweaked Drastically reduced appearance and volume of reflections - there was way to much noise going on
- Tweaked Soniccracks in medium distances got improved
- Tweaked Overall movement volume and gear noises
- Tweaked Gear sounds while running was too loud
- Tweaked Framework got updated with new stereo panners
- Tweaked All explosions cause a shockwave sound when close and in direct sight (WIP)
- Tweaked Huge explosions cause a drastic echo reflection and a huge explosion tail for giant distances (WIP)
- Tweaked Increased Volume for all explosions
- Tweaked Reloading volumes
- Tweaked Explosion sounds on various distances, increased punch and volume
- Tweaked Added distortion to short explosions and made them way louder
- Tweaked Overall punchier reflections for explosions
- Tweaked Overall rain appearance, heavy rain is needs highest rain value
- Tweaked Soniccracks and bullet snaps got improved
- Tweaked Overall explosion volumes and distances
- Tweaked Explosion reflections for forests, houses and meadows
- Tweaked Overall movement sounds, volume and distances
- Tweaked Movement sounds for various surfaces got improved
- Tweaked Overall nature soundscape got tiny tweaks
- Tweaked Each surface has a different volume, forest or grass is way louder than solid road or even a carpet
- Tweaked Running through bushes cause louder sounds now
- Tweaked Vegetation noises are now way more random
- Tweaked Silenced weapon firing got improved
- Tweaked Handheld weapons cause louder and sharper reflections
- Tweaked Improved weapon tails when in the open
- Tweaked Explosion debris is more precise to where the explosion appears
- Tweaked Overall distance weapon sounds to better spot the location of the shooter
- Tweaked All weapon sounds have a sharp attack curve, more popping sounds
- Tweaked Click before the shot got improved and slightly displaced
- Tweaked Some reloading sounds where too loud
- Tweaked Interior firing reflection volume got increased
- Tweaked Urban wind noises triggered too early
- Tweaked Reduced distance gear noises
- Tweaked Reworked the CAS01 cannon sound

Additions
- Added A few hundred new distance warfare sounds
- Added Offroad vehicle sounds
- Added Truck_01, Truck_02 and Truck_03 vehicle sounds
- Added New reloading sounds for all weapons (JSRS_Soundmod - Realoadingsounds)
- Added New sounds for all vehicles
- Added New sounds for all weapons
- Added New sounds for amphibious vehicles in water
- Added New distance walking sounds
- Added New soniccrack sounds for various distances
- Added New debris sounds for 'houses' areas
- Added Revised vehicle debris sounds
- Added New thunder sounds
- Added New debris sounds for explosions
- Added Close explosion shockwave sounds
- Added New sounds for running through bushes, foliage
- Added New crawling sounds
- Added New wind sounds for low and high wind speeds
- Added New tiny details to silenced weapon firing (weapon shaking)
- Added New reflection sounds to handheld weapons
- Added New vehicle attenuation filters and 3d processors
- Added New shorter weapon closure sounds (tiny click before shot)
- Added New reloading sounds for RHS weapons (AKM, Ak74, AS VAL, SVD, M16, M4...)
- Added Support for CUP (JSRS_Soundmod CUP Weapons Support)
- Added New sounds for M134

Fixes
- Fixed Missing bullethit/wizz sounds
- Fixed MBT3 Kuma sounds were odd (still is)
- Fixed Missing Minigun sounds for AH6 Pawnee
- Fixed Missing distance crawl sounds
- Fixed Close MK18 firing and distance firing were out of sync
- Fixed Varsuk MBT03 went silent after start up
- Fixed Some explosion volumes where over the top
- Fixed Mortar explosions were too loud
- Fixed Some explosions caused sound stuttering
- Fixed Birds react to weapon firing and warfare
- Fixed NormalEXT surface was using wrong surface movement sounds
- Fixed Some thunder noises where way too loud
- Fixed Minigun sounds on AH6 MELB in RHS was missing using JSRS

LJ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

All side mods for RHS, NiArms and SMA have been updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the update, LJ.

I am sorry to bother you immediately after you released the update, but could you take a look at the bug in the USAF support mod that makes ai use their pistols instead of rifles?
I reported it back in Demceber, but it's kinda stayed under the radar.

Thanks.

Hey Lothear,

yes I'll take a look at this asap! I didn't figure it would be caused by JSRS.

Thank you,

LJ