9 hours ago, gatordev said:

But those are three (or more) different sounds.  One is the suppressed sound of the rifle (along with the bolt sound, of course).  Then there's the sonic crack.  Then there's the computation of the echo of the sonic crack.  The sonic crack doesn't make that echo sound all the time, only when there's something to reflect the sound.

If you heard that sound previously (and I can't remember if that was a thing...but I'm not arguing with you that it didn't do that), it was because LJH built that echo computation into the mod, just like now when you shoot outside and then shoot inside, the report of the rifle sounds different.

I'm not arguing that it sounds great if the situation applies, I just don't think it should be "hard-coded" into the sound tail, as geography will determine if it truly sounds like that.

I am not asking for perfection, but suppressed JSRS sounds (the shot itself including bolt) used to sound more realistic in general in an older version, CE.19.0822 iirc (RHS JSRS mod). I know of at least one private mod where this is already a thing, so it's possible especially since echos (from the shooters pov) already exist for all non-suppressed shots and I am still conviced that this already existed in that earlier version (unsupressed M4s, M16s etc also sounded more realistic in general), I was very disappointed when all these sounds were changed again and the echo was gone.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:17 AM, coffeeshock said:

I am not asking for perfection, but suppressed JSRS sounds (the shot itself including bolt) used to sound more realistic in general in an older version, CE.19.0822 iirc (RHS JSRS mod). I know of at least one private mod where this is already a thing, so it's possible especially since echos (from the shooters pov) already exist for all non-suppressed shots and I am still conviced that this already existed in that earlier version (unsupressed M4s, M16s etc also sounded more realistic in general), I was very disappointed when all these sounds were changed again and the echo was gone.

Fair enough.  And I, honestly, just enjoy what I have now since my Arma time is limited.  Combine that with removing any RHS compat files and then making my own Tier One compatiblity file (for suppressed weapons and SUPER-simple), I'm sure I'm not hearing the same thing as others.  I was just pointing out that the action/report/bullet sounds are all unique in the real world, but totally understand we're "ham-stringed" by the game engine.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, coffeeshock said:

It is sometimes hard to stay on road with all the content, like main, DLC, CDLC, all the most used mods. And I end up going always the same road - I start with the main game and think "I need to cover the DLC as well, and the mods... oh maybe the CDLCs, too?" and it ends up being a giant project pretty fast. So, I’d like to go a different approach maybe.

Now that Prairie Fire got released, I got some more free time lately. Maybe I can dig back into it and get some of that lost realistic approach back into it.

My personal problem is digging back into the situation in and around JSRS and how it’s currently working. At this point, making a new sound mod from scratch is far more simple, and less time consuming. The base mod is always the same and fairly simple to set up.

Maybe you guys have some wishes that we could focus on and have another JSRS beta going that we can experiment with.

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

My personal problem is digging back into the situation in and around JSRS and how it’s currently working. At this point, making a new sound mod from scratch is far more simple, and less time consuming.

Oh yeah, this sooo much man, I know exactly how you feel!

Anyway, great to see you around again, Godspeed!

• Like 1