bis_iceman

Visual Upgrade – Feedback

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

I'm still having issues with the AMS optic showing a swirling gray/white pattern at the objective of the optic when viewed from either 3rd or 1st person.  When I look through the optic, it's completely fine.  It went away for a bit after APEX, but now it's been back for a while.  I've updated to the latest nVidia drivers and it's still there.  Anyone else seeing this?

It's not really to do with the visual update-but I can confirm I have the same issue. It doesn't always happen though-maybe a mod conflict.Does it happen with no mods?

you do realize LOD issues aren't related to Visual Upgrade right ?

So.... where is it related? I was meaning this pop-ups right in front of you when you are walking.

Hello,

I was not able to go through all recent change logs in dev branch. Has any improvements been made on night luminosity, flares, camp fire...etc ?

Hello,

I was not able to go through all recent change logs in dev branch. Has any improvements been made on night luminosity, flares, camp fire...etc ?

Night full moon light and camp fire have been tweaked.

Night full moon light and camp fire have been tweaked.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I have to test that !! :) 

Developers, i was on the proving grounds yesterday and realised what this visuals are missing. I saw it in some mod (Ravage or something) - its dynamic dust created all over the place. While driving on desert you can see dust only behinc your own vehicle, you cannot notice it when there is windy weather. Same for foliage from the trees on stronger wind. Game is really miss that effects.

Developers, i was on the proving grounds yesterday and realised what this visuals are missing. I saw it in some mod (Ravage or something) - its dynamic dust created all over the place. While driving on desert you can see dust only behinc your own vehicle, you cannot notice it when there is windy weather. Same for foliage from the trees on stronger wind. Game is really miss that effects.

More dust would be nice, but particle effects are resource intensive for the computer. When designing the game the creator has to decide if the game still has to run well if 20 vehicles are driving through the desert with trailing dust clouds. Even the dusteffects we have are somewhat modest compared to what would be useful and would look nice.

I'm not sure about the trees, I think the foliage only moves, but does not bend, so wind effect should be modest or it will look weird. maybe it can be increased a little bit.

I'm sure these things can be improved, but it might not be a simple tweak.

More dust would be nice, but particle effects are resource intensive for the computer. When designing the game the creator has to decide if the game still has to run well if 20 vehicles are driving through the desert with trailing dust clouds. Even the dusteffects we have are somewhat modest compared to what would be useful and would look nice.

I'm not sure about the trees, I think the foliage only moves, but does not bend, so wind effect should be modest or it will look weird. maybe it can be increased a little bit.

I'm sure these things can be improved, but it might not be a simple tweak.

Yeah but you know, the sandy terrains..... There is too clear air on strong wind. When tank shoot, you can see veeeeery much dust all around it. 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of this NV SweetFX / PostProcess ?

constructive criticism please

What do you guys think of this NV SweetFX / PostProcess ?

constructive criticism please

How is this relevant to the thread?

Cheers

How is this relevant to the thread?

Cheers

Oh crap, double post in the wrong thread... Sorry  :(

• Like 1

It's been a several months since the release of visual upgrade but many bugs are still in the game.

Hi, R3vo
you are rigth, this road was changed too, and it needs more love. I will do improve that. 
The reason for change this was effort for better feeling of the road. This change was not the main point of Visual update.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

1) Now it's Sep 8 and the road texture is still sucks.

1.58 vs now

2) This tree lod bug is still there.

http://i.imgur.com/K6yqSWG.jpg

3) IR grenade and laser pointer are still broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_om-VzaIBFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e25UgxiO2js

4) Map was partially fixed (still worse than before)

1.58 vs now

• Like 4

It's been a several months since the release of visual upgrade but many bugs are still in the game.

1) Now it's Sep 8 and the road texture is still sucks.

1.58 vs now

2) This tree lod bug is still there.

http://i.imgur.com/K6yqSWG.jpg

3) IR grenade and laser pointer are still broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_om-VzaIBFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e25UgxiO2js

4) Map was partially fixed (still worse than before)

1.58 vs now

A plethora of issues introduced with the "visual upgrade" mentioned in this thread (I still consider it a downgrade) are unsolved.

Now that the novelty of Apex s gone, I really would like an option to revert to 1.58.

• Like 3

I agree, I feel the visual upgrade introduced more problems than any advancements. Especially the night lighting is still horrendous. 

What is really disappointing that there is so slow and limited progress.

We are still waiting for docu since A3 alpha release on lighting too..

• Like 10

besides all above problems, there is something wrong with particles effects. Try to through smoke grenade and look how smoke particles disappear. The same for explosions.

besides all above problems, there is something wrong with particles effects. Try to through smoke grenade and look how smoke particles disappear. The same for explosions.

Same for me + if you turn frame rate meter from steam overlay, you can see, if you look at the smoke, FPS is droping very much, 7-15FPS. For me update was fine, and all vanilla islands look very realistic now, and user can decrease some setting to his liking. Other terrains (community made) surely will be fixed. The problem is, no matter what terrain i play, i got strange brighter area around me on EVERY terrain. Its related to parallax effects, as they are rendered only in this zone. This zone is around 50M from me, all around, and its much brighter than sat maps. It really destroy immersion while driving vehicles.

Problem is not in FPS. Problem in particles disappear just from the beginning of smoke appearence. After 1-3 seconds it is fine.

Btw, there is a problem with fuel and ammo trucks. There is no light from fire when vehicles destructed at night.

Can anything be done with the AK rifles look like they are wet?