6 hours ago, cry me a river said:

how do I change the loaded magazine?

5 hours ago, cu3b4ll said:

jaaxxxxon seems be assuming youre running ace, as the ace arsenal allows you to change what mag is in the weapons. You'll have to get the load out you want, try it in the arsenal, swap your mags and then drop the stanag on the ground, back out to the arsenal and then save the loadout

Alternatively, you can copy the editor items and paste them init making sure the primary weapon item includes the magazine

this addPrimaryWeaponItem "rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Pull";

This line will add the Stanag Puller magazine to your rifle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NAS_Juno said:

Alternatively, you can copy the editor items and paste them init making sure the primary weapon item includes the magazine

this addPrimaryWeaponItem "rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Pull";

This line will add the Stanag Puller magazine to your rifle.

Ill try it thank you

Sure thing. Just change the magazine to whatever you want. 

Tan PMAGs would be "rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_PMAG_Tan"; and etc...

saw in the commits how the Mi-8 got updated textures, must say it looks good even in that pic.

That one's not just updated textures. Some subtle yet significant model alterations were done to create a new (old) Mi-8 variant more suitable for SAF. Though the variant is added to the AFRF roster too.

• Like 4

I'm hoping for a no gloves version of OCP uniform

12 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

saw in the commits how the Mi-8 got updated textures, must say it looks good even in that pic.

That's a proper Mi-8 now. The inlet barrier filters are removed and the tail rotor is on the right side.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, il_padrino said:

Fish net face mask? That's some tactical kink right there.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, b00ce said:

That's a proper Mi-8 now. The inlet barrier filters are removed and the tail rotor is on the right side.

Correct.

An additional screenshot that I took before some final texture work to remove some AO marks, showing a more direct comparison of the Mi-8T and existing Mi-8MT/Mi-17 (nothing as pretty as the kind of pictures il_padrino, Ballistic09, wilco etc. produce for us)

qBixEBHl.png

Aside from flipping the tail rotor and removing the inlet barriers (these can now be hidden on our Mi-8M/Mi-17 too), the inlets were also extended forward and a new round exhaust was added to more closely resemble the TV2-117 engine, while the APU hump behind the main rotor was re-contoured and re-textured to resemble the Mi-8T profile.

The old style of doppler array on the bottom of the tail-boom isn't modelled yet since they don't appear on the HT-40 (Serbian Mi-8T) and some other operators of first-generation Mi-8s. But I intend to add a hide-able one in future when I have time to model it (though that might not be soon).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

For the first time ever I downloaded the dev branch and I love the SLR L1A1, and the BattleDress Uniform for the ERDL , I was curious about something though I saw quite a few German m40/m42 helmets , are they just extras thrown in or are they for like the Nationalist forces in the future ?

• Like 1

They were made by Gurdy and Mihail for the former Westwall mod which was the source of a heap of other great WW2 content that RHS inherited. They're simply too well made for us not to include them

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, yevgeni89 said:

For the first time ever I downloaded the dev branch and I love the SLR L1A1, and the BattleDress Uniform for the ERDL , I was curious about something though I saw quite a few German m40/m42 helmets , are they just extras thrown in or are they for like the Nationalist forces in the future ?

A lot of the off the wall weapons and gear in GREF are from a, now cancelled, WW2 mod that some of the RHS Devs were developers for and either didn't want to see their work go to waste and/or they fit RHS.

Edit:

Sniped by da12thMonkey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Aside from flipping the tail rotor and removing the inlet barriers (these can now be hidden on our Mi-8M/Mi-17 too), the inlets were also extended forward and a new round exhaust was added to more closely resemble the TV2-117 engine, while the APU hump behind the main rotor was re-contoured and re-textured to resemble the Mi-8T profile.

The old style of doppler array on the bottom of the tail-boom isn't modelled yet since they don't appear on the HT-40 (Serbian Mi-8T) and some other operators of first-generation Mi-8s. But I intend to add a hide-able one in future when I have time to model it (though that might not be soon).

It looks fabulous.  Out of curiosity, are the textures finalized yet or are you adding some exhaust smear, as well?  Helos love to collect exhaust soot, regardless of type.  Regardless, they look great!

Unrelated...Someone else made a comment about the new sounds and I'm glad they did.  I disabled the JSRS compatibility files last night and the AKs and ARs both sound fantastic.  Well done.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

They were made by Gurdy and Mihail for the former Westwall mod which was the source of a heap of other great WW2 content that RHS inherited. They're simply too well made for us not to include them

^Phenomenal! Bless you folks!

I was wondering if you're planning to add takistani civilians/guerrila fighters and Takistan army. There are textures already in addons, but I would like to know if they are leftovers or are planned to be used. Thanks, keep up the great work 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 12:08 AM, russian spy said:

I'm hoping for a no gloves version of OCP uniform

most people are requesting gloves on, not off (especially for the ru side). 
it is by far the lowest priority making variants of the same uniform with and without gloves due to clutter, considering there is no direct gear slot for these, and the workaround (gloves on top of hands mesh) will most likely lead to clipping issues. 

5 minutes ago, wendaf said:

I was wondering if you're planning to add takistani civilians/guerrila fighters and Takistan army. There are textures already in addons, but I would like to know if they are leftovers or are planned to be used. Thanks, keep up the great work 🙂

no direct plans to add civis in RHS, no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Luke_z_Brna said:

Hello are there any plans of Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-35M? 

all future plans are detailed here: http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

• Haha 5

Are both Russian voice sets broken for anyone else atm after the contact update when running rhs?

8 minutes ago, Rook Mk1 said:

Are both Russian voice sets broken for anyone else atm after the contact update when running rhs?

I got tons of spam about the USF voice sets too on my last mission.

But spam on serverside, where audio shouldn't even matter.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, yevgeni89 said:

To be fair there were a few stahlhelms worn by I assume chechen fighters in the first chechen war. So it is a fitting addition. 

*EDIT no they're Russian soldiers. I assume that they were Chechens because insurgents there in ww2 received support from the Germans and a few were lying around. 

RysJ8IP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VvF1b4b.jpg

• Thanks 1

1564778611-arma-3-screenshot-2019-08-02-

1564778615-arma-3-screenshot-2019-08-02-

Two F-22A Raptor patrolling in the Livonian sky, early morning.

Livonia, 2021

Thanks for your mod!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Hi all, first of all, I am part of a community that has been using RHS since its release and I would very much like to thank all your combined work as I haven't reached out personally before.
You bring a lot of joy that I don't think you often don't get to know about so Thank You.

I have a question regarding your DEV releases, Is there a plan to work towards some form of 'stable' release derived from your DEV updates? (or as stable as arma traditionally allows, lets not get carried away!) 
I have enjoyed seeing much of the content released across your updates on the DEV branches and I have personally tried and tested some releases too. but when it comes to rolling out patches officially to our community I feel that you are right to tag them as test versions and warn people accordingly.
I neither found any answers nor remember reading any from my various lurking over the years, but forgive me if I missed them somewhere.

I would also assume that some of the releases to DEV are stable anyway but from an outside perspective, it's very hard to know which and when to commit, stable is approaching a year old and I'm sure there are some 'patch shy' communities lurking wondering too.

Thanks for all the Great content!
L.T

1 hour ago, liquidtracer said:

regarding your DEV releases, Is there a plan to work towards some form of 'stable' release derived from your DEV updates?

That's generally how dev branching works, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5