Do the new sounds include samples for distant firing? Right now many rifles (AK-74 is the one I most recently test) sound very loud from far off (>500m), completely overpowering sounds from vanilla weapons.

Yes, they sound like they are like 20m away from me at all times. 

http://plays.tv/video/5771001b898d6e69e6/annoying-rhs-sound-bug?from=user

Happens often too.

This is with JSRS EDEN but it happens just the same without it.

He is back (to the past)...

(Picture by Padrino)

Loving the new Block IIs. Would it be possible to place the AFGs further forward though? Or would that require significant animation overhauls?

Loving the new Block IIs. Would it be possible to place the AFGs further forward though? Or would that require significant animation overhauls?

Most likely would look funny innawoods. That stuff's for CQB to better control the stick. Otherwise leads to unnecessary exhaustion even when running BB-sticks (you well rested AF, no lethal threat, no ammo weight).

And when you add an assault pack... well, shit gets ridiculous  ;)  just look at high-speed, low-drag units 'round the globe. nobody runs AFG's forward except for cool-guy photo shoots and competition.

• Like 1

Do the new sounds include samples for distant firing? Right now many rifles (AK-74 is the one I most recently test) sound very loud from far off (>500m), completely overpowering sounds from vanilla weapons.

yes, though it's obvious for all after watching video I posted ;)

• Like 4

That M4B2 makes me moist. Holy crap  :wub:

If a man was able to 3-point sling it like that IGL (In Game Life ;P) that would up the ante to a full sploosh. Extremely cool screenshot, cudoz Padrino and the RHS team! :D

• Like 1

Is the SpectreDR like this as well? Will we have the option to change the view on fly?

Small showcase of new sounds by LAxemann on BIS Armed Assault mission port. Still some vehicles are missing new sounds (like ZSU23-4 or 2S3) but most of them are done.
Also it possible to see new optic preference menu in action with refreshed ACOG & 1P78 (seen at 9:32)

• Like 1

To celebrate 2000 followers on our VK page (https://vk.com/redhammerstudios), we posted some early WIP images of the amazing work that is being done on by our newest member Yura. 

Love it!

Youu guys are great, and if you read this, thank you Yura :) Awesome news, awesome stuff, awful lot of dread comming some bad guys' way ;)

Got one question here - no request, just out of curiosity - is there any particular reason why there's no T90AK or T72 Commander Version?

What would be the most appropriate vehicle to fill this role and do modern tank formations even need such Command-Vehicle; Russians in specific?

~

Is the SpectreDR like this as well? Will we have the option to change the view on fly?

Yes, the Specter 2D/3D variants are handled by the preference menu now. Rather than having separate 2D and 3D entries for each optic in the Arsenal like we did before.

Switching the optics type preference between 2D and 3D (and PiP in the case of the ACOG and M145) on the fly during play works, as demonstrated in the video.

I got a problem here

It seems to me that RHS tanks, both T-72 and M1, are not zeroed in their sights

Main gun always drift to left, and coaxial slightly to the right.

It's ok shooting close up targets, but becoming a problem when engaging at 1500+ distance as my first shot always off by a few meters.

====

After more testing, I realize it probably has to do with ACE. Pressing tab in RHS tank would screw up fire controls.

I got a problem here

It seems to me that RHS tanks, both T-72 and M1, are not zeroed in their sights

Main gun always drift to left, and coaxial slightly to the right.

It's ok shooting close up targets, but becoming a problem when engaging at 1500+ distance as my first shot always off by a few meters.

====

After more testing, I realize it probably has to do with ACE. Pressing tab in RHS tank would screw up fire controls.

have the same problem when running ACE 

After more testing, I realize it probably has to do with ACE.

have the same problem when running ACE 

as always, if you have an issue with a mod besides RHS, do report it to their respective threads/feedback trackers etc, and not here, they might be able to help you out

• Like 1

Is the RPK-74 being introduced into RHS:GREF ever? Id be amazing to have. Will we see additional gorka camos? I really cant understate how much I appreciate this mod.

Just checked out RHS after not using it for a bit and I have to say the vehicle transport system you guys have for the C-130 and the russian ferry apc boat thing. It's really well done, much more flush out then the system Bi is adding. Thou I the russian ferry thing doesn't work two well, it just spazzes out and becomes a human catapult. But that could have been because i was on the Sneak_preview or because i was on Tanoa.

AFAIK we are updating all tracked amphibious vehicles, as now they should work well, be patient. :)

• Like 6

AFAIK we are updating all tracked amphibious vehicles, as now they should work well, be patient. :)

Well super-reyhard is doing it, so all hail him  :D

• Like 3

Just thought I'd pop by and say that you're mod is awesome.

Thank you.

I can't wait for what's to come.

• Like 3

Well super-reyhard is doing it, so all hail him  :D

Is he working very Reyhard?

I'll let myself out.

• Like 5

It is very good, that RHS team continue their amaizing work.

But i think, that they can make one not big work else(comparing with all their work,of course)...

RHS mod have good M88 "afganka" uniform (with a little bit non-canonical army boots, but it is not a big problem), amaizing Ssh-68 helmet and 6Sh68 ammo bag. We have almost full pack for creating high-quality and authentic soviet troops of the late 80s era. Besides, we already have full widely-used vehicle park of Cold War era in mod (BMPs, T-72s, etc).

We don't have only old vests stuff, like "chi-com"  vest, 6B2/6B3 armor, RD-54 backpack, and mixed scemes with this items.

Of course, we can use modern vests like 6B23 and other stuff, but....it kill all authentic atmosphere...

Besides, we hame some chi-coms and 6B3 in other mods,like CUP or TRYK, but most of RHS uniforms are not compiatible with stuff from other mods (vests just do not placed correctly). So, i think, that RHS team can do:

1) make "chi-com", 6B2/6B3,RD-54 variants, wich compiatible with RHS russian uniforms

2)make uniform in KMLK of KZS camo with standart skeleton, wich compiatible with standart BIS vests and common addons, like you already did with CDKZ and CDF uniforms in RHS:GREF.

With releasing old good islands from OFP, i think, that many players need authentic soviet troops,wich can be used in battles with US units from USM mod. And RHS team can do that best in one step.

• Like 1

Hey any chance of this mod ever being on the steam workshop for updating reasons or is it too big files?  

Someone may have asked this already but I don't plan on going through 429 pages to find out.  

Great mod btw.  I love it.  I particularly love the sounds for the m4's.  More snappy poppy feel idk how to explain but its gut.  ;) 

Is he working very Reyhard?

I'll let myself out.

VeReyHard* haha 

• Like 1

Hey any chance of this mod ever being on the steam workshop for updating reasons or is it too big files?  

Someone may have asked this already but I don't plan on going through 429 pages to find out.  

Great mod btw.  I love it.  I particularly love the sounds for the m4's.  More snappy poppy feel idk how to explain but its gut.   ;)

RHS team doesn't like the Steam UELA terms of service stuff. 

Sorry for double post. 

• Like 2