I run one I've been working on for a couple of years now. The mission using the RHS Escalation mods is a version of that mission that I've put together in the past month or so. Fundamentally, there is no code difference at between the two; just the classnames of different vehicles, units, weaponry, etc. The vanilla A3 version does not produce this degradation of client FPS over time but this one does. 

If you want to check it out, I'd be happy to show you. I'm on Steam as ^bdc. 

B

Post it here, including the mission file:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

Are there any plans to expand the non lethal grenade system? I love using flashbangs, but stun grenades simply kill enemies (ai atleast), whereas gas grenades seem to have no effect. Speaking of less lethal weapons, will you consider adding bean bag rounds to the shotgun? It would add an interesting new dynamic to the game if we could disable enemies without killing them. Getting hit could trigger the flashbang animation where the ai recoils in pain. Not sure if bean bag rounds are used in a military setting and I know the RHS policy on requests, but since the shotgun got the awesome new animation upgrade (and given the fact it already has a variety of interesting rounds), I figured I'd ask anyway.

• Like 1

I love the new vehicle burning scripts, great job guys. I've got some screenshots from our last mission with armor. It was very exciting for the players.

w4OYrF.png

f0g6qJ.png

BzQnkg.png

• Like 2

I love the new vehicle burning scripts, great job guys. I've got some screenshots from our last mission with armor. It was very exciting for the players.

w4OYrF.png

f0g6qJ.png

BzQnkg.png

I came here to post the exact same sentiment! I hope in a future revision the RHS team implements more and more advanced armour features.

I'd guess because that's the closest they can get to real life? afaik russians do have more protective vests than USA

where is this coming from? The Russians use carbide boron ceramic plates like the US does. The IOTV is actually more extensive with its new side plate inserts. The Russians have designed the 6b43 armour which uses titanium carbide boron plates which might have an edge over the E-SAPI plates used in US army armour although the US is now designing the stronger X-SAPI. The E-SAPI fitted IOTV can already withstand three black tip armour piercing 30-06 rounds to give an idea of how strong it is. The 6b43 system is only stated to be impervious to 5.56mm, without a mention for larger rounds which we know existing US amor can defeat. So why is there such a large protection gap in RHS Escalation?

#russianbias

Jokes aside it is a known bug that we (I) overlooked and it will be fixed in version 0.4.1.1  :)

• Like 1

Depends on the officer....unless the Russians are radically different to the British and Americans. Like you know most officers up to around company commander...maybe battalion commander (if things have gone really wrong) will be involved in the fighting. Not necessarily putting rounds downrange, but close enough to be shot by the enemy if they ain't careful. 

Also is that the armored officer unit your talking about?

Depends on the officer....unless the Russians are radically different to the British and Americans. Like you know most officers up to around company commander...maybe battalion commander (if things have gone really wrong) will be involved in the fighting. Not necessarily putting rounds downrange, but close enough to be shot by the enemy if they ain't careful. 

In many ways the way the Russians are organized is a bit different than western armies. Due to they way they used conscription, until recently the Russians didn't really have the strong group of career NCO "glue" that keep most western militaries going. I'm probably not 100% correct on all of this but, from my understanding of their system, the vast majority of Russian NCOs are guys who stand out in initial training and get tabbed for further training and expanded roles, so you end up with guys who would roughly equate to Sergeant rank in the west who have 6-8 months of military experience (and a "Sergeant's course") which is usually just barely more (or in many cases less) than most of their subordinates. This means that in many cases the Officers do a lot more of the "keep the machine running" organizational work that would typically be delegated to NCOs in a western army, on top of the "big picture" planning type stuff they have to do anyway. By comparison this has lead to all kinds of things we'd consider unusual in the west, such as a nuclear submarine being crewed entirely by officers because it was cutting edge sophisticated and the Soviets figured out that if they attempted to train conscripts on it, it would use up more than 75% of their 1 year service term in training alone.

Where this comes into play in Arma is that, from what I know in may cases smaller units like platoons or squads that in some cases would be commanded by an NCO in a western army are almost always lead by an Officer in the Russian army, which I would think would increase the likelihood that they'd have to participate in combat.

From my understanding though, they are changing things up now, and coming closer to what would be considered the western norm, i.e. trying to entice your more competent guys to stay around and make a career out of the service by offering them higher pay and more responsibilities. I'm probably off on some of the specifics but, you get the picture.

• Like 2

I don't know if you were off or not man, you gave me a clearer understanding of how they work than I've been able to find. So just for me to kinda break it down in my own mind, Russian officers tend to be more permanent than the NCO's and so they are used as the voice of experience for the NCO's to learn from? 

I don't know if you were off or not man, you gave me a clearer understanding of how they work than I've been able to find. So just for me to kinda break it down in my own mind, Russian officers tend to be more permanent than the NCO's and so they are used as the voice of experience for the NCO's to learn from? 

No, it's historically a conscript army, so for a very long time they didn't have NCO's in the western sense (in a conscript army you only have them for a few years at most, so there's no time for that level of training), career soldiers tended to be officers. That's something they're currently reforming to be more modern.

• Like 1

all countries in the former soviet block had the same organization of the military, which was based on conscripts (from 6-9 month basic training, to 12-18 month for some others - in both cases, once done with this basic training, everyone was going back to civilian life).

The very few that were pursuing military were starting young, from the of 14 or 16, in special colleges for military personnel. These were the only ones that had some real actual training and expertise, all of them officers. The so called NCOs were picked from the conscripts based on some very superficial criteria, because the limited time they were in training wouldn't have allowed proper advancement and ranking up.

Things have changed across, these days very few countries still have mandatory military training (from the same soviet block), and more and more the armies rely on professional soldiers, not only for officers roles, but also for specialized and basic soldier roles, RU included.

in short, you rarely see officers on the field in RU like you did before, although the percentage i think it still bigger than in most other NATO countries.

• Like 4

Another good old learning experience from the RHS thread, Wikipedia eat your heart out.

• Like 4

RHS- "You'll laugh, you'll love, you'll learn"

I'm available as a motivational slogan consultant. :P

• Like 3

What's the RHS' stance on adopting modified Apex weapons and equipment? It's got some pretty good AK-12 models (which is just being tried by the Russian Army) and earlier variant (I think) of RPG-7. Still WIP, but I think that AK-12 in particular would fit right in with RHS.

Also, I think that a vanilla Ghosthawk variant could be a nice addition to the mod. Dunno what the "SOCOM" faction is supposed to represent (it seems to only have the big boat), but seeing as Ghosthawks is pretty much "the helo that carried the guys who shot Bin-Laden", it would probably be a good addition. Of course, it'd also have to be re-statted as "overweight Blackhawk" it is IRL.

BTW, I still can't get the female faces to work in Eden. I'm not familiar with ArmA bug reporting, but if there's any log or something I can provide, I'll do it. Currently on Apex preview, but I can test on main branch.

What's the RHS' stance on adopting modified Apex weapons and equipment? It's got some pretty good AK-12 models (which is just being tried by the Russian Army) and earlier variant (I think) of RPG-7. Still WIP, but I think that AK-12 in particular would fit right in with RHS.

Also, I think that a vanilla Ghosthawk variant could be a nice addition to the mod. Dunno what the "SOCOM" faction is supposed to represent (it seems to only have the big boat), but seeing as Ghosthawks is pretty much "the helo that carried the guys who shot Bin-Laden", it would probably be a good addition. Of course, it'd also have to be re-statted as "overweight Blackhawk" it is IRL.

BTW, I still can't get the female faces to work in Eden. I'm not familiar with ArmA bug reporting, but if there's any log or something I can provide, I'll do it. Currently on Apex preview, but I can test on main branch.

There is really no point adopting stuff that is already in vanilla, besides, it would create a dependency that we really don't need atm (RHS requiring Apex).

1. the AK12 in apex is a prototype version (not gonna comment on the 7.62 thing). Once the final thing is fielded, no worries, we will do that (btw, i have the exact same version already modeled)

2. same goes for the rest of the stuff that is in the vanilla, including the ghosthawk...

for bug reports: feedback.rhsmods.org

• Like 1

1. the AK12 in apex is a prototype version (not gonna comment on the 7.62 thing). Once the final thing is fielded, no worries, we will do that (btw, i have the exact same version already modeled)

This!

The model itself is actually fairly featureless. The materials are ok'ish and save the day for the most part.

Pretty much a weird love-child of modellers misconceptions of materials and features of AK12 based on CoD and BF prolly + some parts from Gen.0 (AK74M with basic AK12 action parts, no small rail on gas port) and Gen.1 iterations (no mag flip lever, non-streamlined blocky externals).

BTW there is actually a 7.62x39 AK-12 Gen.2, but that ain't it....

this is:

http://rostec.ru/img/interactives/4515998/img_ak.png

and just for comparison, the gen.3 that is actually participating in state trials:

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/rus/ak12/1435084366.jpg

• Like 1

all countries in the former soviet block had the same organization of the military, which was based on conscripts (from 6-9 month basic training, to 12-18 month for some others - in both cases, once done with this basic training, everyone was going back to civilian life).

The very few that were pursuing military were starting young, from the of 14 or 16, in special colleges for military personnel. These were the only ones that had some real actual training and expertise, all of them officers. The so called NCOs were picked from the conscripts based on some very superficial criteria, because the limited time they were in training wouldn't have allowed proper advancement and ranking up.

Things have changed across, these days very few countries still have mandatory military training (from the same soviet block), and more and more the armies rely on professional soldiers, not only for officers roles, but also for specialized and basic soldier roles, RU included.

in short, you rarely see officers on the field in RU like you did before, although the percentage i think it still bigger than in most other NATO countries.

The more you know haha. As for the portrayal of officers in RHS, why would the armoured officer be equipped with a pistol?

and just for comparison, the gen.3 that is actually participating in state trials:

http://img.allzip.org/g/122/orig/12354396.jpg

this last link of yours doesn't work btw ^

in any case, this is gen3: 

The more you know haha. As for the portrayal of officers in RHS, why would the armoured officer be equipped with a pistol?

feedback.rhsmods.org

yup that's the one! BI should have made that, but then again the whole APEX is a clusterfuck of shit concept-design and poor gear choice.

we are not gonna comment here on BI design decisions regarding either vehicles or weapons. I would ask you to refrain from doing it just as well, especially since there tons of threads for feedback and venting just as well available

Tanoa (esp. w. RHS) is a metric ton of blast!  B)

glad to hear that you enjoying it
  • Like 1

This!

The model itself is actually fairly featureless. The materials are ok'ish and save the day for the most part.

Pretty much a weird love-child of modellers misconceptions of materials and features of AK12 based on CoD and BF prolly + some parts from Gen.0 (AK74M with basic AK12 action parts, no small rail on gas port) and Gen.1 iterations (no mag flip lever, non-streamlined blocky externals).

BTW there is actually a 7.62x39 AK-12 Gen.2, but that ain't it....

this is:

http://rostec.ru/img/interactives/4515998/img_ak.png

http://img.allzip.org/g/122/orig/12354396.jpg

And even after all of that with the trials, still no guarantee that Russian army will buy them in any significant number. The way I see things, looking at available reports I think that its much more likely that you will see the AK74M "Universal Upgrade Kit" procured in large numbers, with the possibility of one of their trial weapons (between the A545 or whatever they are calling the balanced-recoil system gun this week or whatever they decide to do with the AK12) going on to see service with the more elite units, gradually displacing the famed "Alpha" railed AK74.

One of the stories I recall hearing regarding the Upgrade Kit was "Oh, the Russians have hundreds of thousands of those guns, they are going to put them in storage after the new AK12s are introduced, just in case they may need them again." Personally I'd like to pour some cold water on this, because while I know the Russians LOVE to store things, I very much doubt that the Russian Army would be spending the money and effort to upgrade a weapon that will be relegated to storage / second-line service.

I feel that both the "Universal Upgrade Kit" and "Spetznaz Alpha" variations of the AK74M would be more at home in this mod vs the other prototype guns which have not even been finalized let alone standardized (although in some ways you can argue the same thing with the upgrade kits, which have really yet to be fielded, other than the may day showoff and the Spetznaz guns which from my understanding are quite unique from one to the next in terms of parts and sights used).

• Like 4

And even after all of that with the trials, still no guarantee that Russian army will buy them in any significant number. The way I see things, looking at available reports I think that its much more likely that you will see the AK74M "Universal Upgrade Kit" procured in large numbers, with the possibility of one of their trial weapons (between the A545 or whatever they are calling the balanced-recoil system gun this week or whatever they decide to do with the AK12) going on to see service with the more elite units, gradually displacing the famed "Alpha" railed AK74.

One of the stories I recall hearing regarding the Upgrade Kit was "Oh, the Russians have hundreds of thousands of those guns, they are going to put them in storage after the new AK12s are introduced, just in case they may need them again." Personally I'd like to pour some cold water on this, because while I know the Russians LOVE to store things, I very much doubt that the Russian Army would be spending the money and effort to upgrade a weapon that will be relegated to storage / second-line service.

I feel that both the "Universal Upgrade Kit" and "Spetznaz Alpha" variations of the AK74M would be more at home in this mod vs the other prototype guns which have not even been finalized let alone standardized (although in some ways you can argue the same thing with the upgrade kits, which have really yet to be fielded, other than the may day showoff and the Spetznaz guns which from my understanding are quite unique from one to the next in terms of parts and sights used).

a few comments here:

first thing, some sources suggest that both Ak12 and A545 have passed most of the state trials. Still, no official word on the matter. Indeed, there will be a slow transition between existing stock and new one.

Indeed the AK74M Universal Upgrade Kit would fit better in RHS than a weapon that is not really done or ready. 

Regarding the "Alpha" AK, there is no special thing about it, a lot of after market components, mostly Zenitco seems to be in high demand.

• Like 5

Regarding the "Alpha" AK, there is no special thing about it, a lot of after market components, mostly Zenitco seems to be in high demand.

This is quite true that (unlike what some airsofters and gun makers would have you believe) the "alpha" isn't a breed apart from the AK74M (which almost all their 5.45x39mm chambered guns started off as before they were modified) but just a really broad "SOPMOD" program applied by the Spetsnaz units armorers. I agree that Zenitco stuff is very popular but it doesn't seem to be universal, for every picture I can find of a guy who's weapon is equipped with a Zenitco hand-guard and an M4 type stock, there's another gun standing next to him with just a railed gas tube, an NPZ adapter and a solid folding stock on his gun. Both are similarly camouflaged and would similarly be considered "alpha" AKs. 

At the same time, some of these guns can end up having more than a few western sourced parts on them, especially the sights and scopes (Aimpoint, EOTech, ELCAN and Trijicon) and its really refreshing to see the degree of freedom given to these units to make sure they are fielding the absolute best weapon they can assemble from the best parts they can find on the market. 

Great mod! Thank you! But I think there is a problem with AK holding animation. When a unit lowers his AK his hand collides into himself.

• Like 1