Where I can find  actual changelog  about RHSAFRFDEV updates? 

9 minutes ago, simicsko said:

In this video, players take the pontoon elements into place:

My question is, what settings do you need for this capability?

It looks like they are just using ACE there, pontoons are loaded into ACE cargo and then set to be carryable. Also seems like they might be using a custom ACE build that has the option of displaying ACE cargo objects in ViV, since I don't think that's implemented into any released ACE yet.

15 minutes ago, simkas said:

It looks like they are just using ACE there, pontoons are loaded into ACE cargo and then set to be carryable. Also seems like they might be using a custom ACE build that has the option of displaying ACE cargo objects in ViV, since I don't think that's implemented into any released ACE yet.

Is there any description of how to make pontoons carryable?

Also in this video you can see that they use the same method:

Under the vieo it is written:

"Pontoon bridge using 3CBs pontoon script or Ace Fortify."

The Ace Fortify framework is theoretically part of the ACE. Should it be turned on separately somehow in the init phase of the mission?

21 hours ago, simicsko said:

Is there any description of how to make pontoons carryable?

Also in this video you can see that they use the same method:

Under the vieo it is written:

"Pontoon bridge using 3CBs pontoon script or Ace Fortify."

The Ace Fortify framework is theoretically part of the ACE. Should it be turned on separately somehow in the init phase of the mission?

You just need to use the ACE functions to make anything carryable https://ace3.acemod.org/wiki/framework/dragging-framework.html

Same for fortify, just need to call the function with the pontoon objects added https://ace3.acemod.org/wiki/framework/fortify-framework.html

Hey guys i saw a new Russian Army uniform being added to RHS for Reforger, i know that's the new frontier for ARMA modders but would be really cool to see it in Arma 3 too 😉

On 9/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, UncleMatt12 said:

[…] but would be really cool to see it in Arma 3 too 😉

unlikely…

Disclaimer:  This is NOT a RHS problem (as far as I can tell), I'm just asking here in case someone else figured out what the issue was...

For the Marine MRAPs, both desert and woodland, the distance LOD will show bizarre artifacts on the wheels as they spin.  It seems to correlate with the change in tire texture/color.  The O-GPK will have triangles come out from the wheels, the CROWS versions will have circles come out at some longer radius.  Admittedly I've lost track if the Army versions have the same issue.

I've played with load order and haven't been able to narrow it down.  It's also not CUP that's causing the issues.  I just realized I haven't trouble-shot LOP units, so that's on the to-do list.

Anyone else see this and able to identify the trouble-maker?

2 hours ago, nicklomas said:

Is RHS for Arma 3 still a focus or has this now switched to Reforger?

is a secondary thought, although not abandoned yet. The main focus is on Enfusion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, cry me a river kids said:

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere. A lot of the pages (e.g. the page for the AFRF) on the Red Hammer Studios website seem to be down.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.

11 hours ago, Vadym Mazur said:

Hi eweryone, 

Does anyone know how to remove the RHS_Options_Menu buttom from Esc screen?

Thanks in advance

https://i.imgur.com/qiVVr8A.png

You cant, if the mods are loaded the menu is added automatically.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:10 AM, reyhard said:

Small showcase video showing how M916 truck works in-game. Anyone can check it on their by using RHSUSFDEV builds. System is still work in progress and i.e. unloading and loading of vehicles needs to improved (there are very little restrictions right now for instance )

Looks amazing, it's something I never knew I needed 😄

Is there a working version of this available at the moment? I tried it on the latest development build, it does an animation but then I get an error about invalid vehicle rhs_towing_rope and it disconnects when tractor moves.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, _foley said:

Looks amazing, it's something I never knew I needed 😄

Is there a working version of this available at the moment? I tried it on the latest development build, it does an animation but then I get an error about invalid vehicle rhs_towing_rope and it disconnects when tractor moves.

Most likely you also need AFRF loaded to use this feature at the moment. For development purpose, some of the classes which would normally duplicated between two mods, are stored just in one of them so the result can be iterated quicker.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:19 AM, sammael said:

Where I can find  actual changelog  about RHSAFRFDEV updates? 

Changelogs for every mod are on the official RHS website. For example, AFRF page: https://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1 (for other mods, just change the last number in the URL (1) to 2, 3 or 4 and enter the page)

Enter any of the pages, CTRL+F, enter "changelog" and you're GTG.

3 hours ago, inlesco said:

Changelogs for every mod are on the official RHS website. For example, AFRF page: https://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1 (for other mods, just change the last number in the URL (1) to 2, 3 or 4 and enter the page)

Enter any of the pages, CTRL+F, enter "changelog" and you're GTG.

those are not for dev builds (notice mention of RHSAFRFDEV) though. Changelogs for dev builds can be found in installation dir of mod - look for buildlog.md. You can open this file with any text editor

Let's say I made a custom faction and want the BMP1s to spawn without Malyutkas as the default. Is there a way other than 1- Defining my own BMP1 in the mod to make it so. 2- Using an SQF script or adding the animate + remove magazine command to the unit init? (I use the latter half of method 2, but I want to know if there is a third method). 

I have a suggestion with regards to US attack helicopter platforms, particularly the Apache and Viper (And even potentially UH-1H/Y) in order to increase their flexibility and effectiveness. My idea would allow for rocket pod zones and individual missile rack stations to be loaded with different munitions like they are IRL. I don't know if it can be done via proxies or if it has to be a separate model for each configuration, BUT it would involve 3 separate versions of the aircraft in the editor / zeus. One mixed rockets / missiles, one all rocket and one all missile.

Realistically, all rockets in a zone (24 A, 8 B, 24 C, 8 D, 6 - 12 E (both / all pod zones combined, E are the middle 3 tubes on all 4 pods)) must be the same, so it makes sense to fill both pods from one zone selection in the pylon configuration menu. This would make using illumination rockets feasible, because they wouldn't take up an entire pylon. It also allows for mixing different munitions on the fly without requiring a complete re-arm in order to do so.
image.png.0b0108f597c38fdf0d42ed4a082108
Missiles are straight forward, they would be loaded individually onto each HML rail, allowing the user to tailor their loadout to exactly what they need, being able to mix Kilos, Limas, Mikes, Novembers and DAGRs on a single rack. Currently, only being able to load one kind of missile per rack limits flexibility in terms of the kinds of targets that can be engaged on the fly.

I think for end user convenience (and sanity) sake the rocket zone selection be made via scroll wheel, and then the rocket quantity be changed via the change weapon key. (Or the other way around, though it would clutter the scroll menu) As an aside, while having all of the quantities of rocket salvos is technically correct, nothing other than single and pair is used anymore, I think having 1, 2 and "full auto" is a nice compromise, but that's just me.

I understand on platforms like the AH-6 and the UH-60 with ESSS / EWS that it isn't exactly feasible to do this for every conceivable permutation, so those are kind of the flies in the ointment here.

Feel free to ignore me if I'm stepping out of line and making a stupid half baked suggestion that's already been thought of internally and rejected.

Does anyone know of a retexture mod for the CH-53? I'm looking for just a grey one, for MH-53 "simulations". No idea how to mod on my own, but I heard about a unit having one, but couldn't bring myself to ask.

I have another question now regarding the rhs_bm21_fired script. I want to change the following: a) Where smoke is generated. b) The color of the light. I tried changing the parameters and position of the particles generated and created a custom rocket that uses an edited version of that script yet I can't seem to change anything noticeably except the flames created by the launcher and not the rocket. (I just realized that perhaps the script has nothing to do with what I want.). Update: script has nothing to do with rocket smoke or light. 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:48 PM, b00ce said:

I don't know if it can be done via proxies

Arma's loadouts system is rather limited in that the launcher loaded on the station/pylon proxy is defined by the magazine, and magazines can only have a single ammo type loaded or weighted probability that the next round fired will be one of a listed type. You can't really do any mixing of munitions on the same pylon/station without hard locking that station to a particular launcher per vehicle class

On 2/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, da12thMonkey said:

Arma's loadouts system is rather limited in that the launcher loaded on the station/pylon proxy is defined by the magazine, and magazines can only have a single ammo type loaded or weighted probability that the next round fired will be one of a listed type. You can't really do any mixing of munitions on the same pylon/station without hard locking that station to a particular launcher per vehicle class 

Gotcha, so it would need 3 separate models for what I'm saying (All HF, All Rkt, and mixed). I figured as much. There's definitely a balancing test for file size / complexity and "authenticity" / realism then, but that's a RHS team decision.

Can we put flowers on the grave of Katya Island or will we ever see it?

• Sad 2