bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Could I make one little suggestion/request? i like the NVG effect you made,but is there a way to make the IR laser beam a little less pixilated? i have seen these beams through AN/PVS-14 and the beam is smooth.It is also wider than in vanilla arma. Not sure if anything can be done or not-it's only a tiny issue anyway-not important really.Thanks again for allowing me to creep on roofs peeping in windows ;)

@mad_cheese: that's on the todo list along with saving stance overall. it requires a lot of animation work though so it's not a big priority. will probably come with time.

i figured it would be that ;) it's 100% nitpicking and not a priotity. Update is shweeet thank u sir!

Got error on server ->

20:37:50 Error in expression <f (IsNil "_bx") then
{
profilenamespace setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
20:37:50   Error position: <setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
20:37:50   Error Type Array, expected String
20:37:50 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 43
20:37:50 Error in expression <e [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (typeName((_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>
20:37:50   Error position: <_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>
20:37:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bx
20:37:50 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 46

Are you running the mod on the server or is the error generated from clients that are running it?

Is that PWS a new version?Or the one from last week on armaholic?

I've noticed you cannot select a default key or unbind keys from the menu that this mod has within the basic pause menu. I have bound enhanced movement to ctrl+v and unbound that from ACE keybinds, but say you wanted to go back and unbind this key from the BaBe menu. You cannot. Is there a fix for this within the config.bin? I can't seem to find where this user info is stored.

Same goes for the "self interaction" and "use" keybinds within the BaBe menu.

Is there any way to undo your keybinds or set them to blank again? There really needs to be a way to remove your binds as you can using the standard BI controls config in game. Why not move this mod into the "configure addons" section under controls like every other mod does? I know for a fact that if done that way, you can select a default or clear out the keybind.

Any plans on doing that or having a fix for this issue?

Otherwise, great mod. Cheers.

May have found a problem BB.  With the mod active (and yes I have whittled it down to EM) I am unable to fire my Rook pistol.  Could you have a look please mate ?

May have found a problem BB.  With the mod active (and yes I have whittled it down to EM) I am unable to fire my Rook pistol.  Could you have a look please mate ?

thats a wierd little glitch isn't it?I'll try it now as well.

WOW!

That is all I can write to describe this mod. Somebody at BI needs to pay this dude off and put this in vanilla Arma. This mod just brings Arma to a whole new level (ignore the pun).

To be honest, I avoided this mod for quite a while, because if i remember right it was pretty rough it the beginning stages, but now is wow.

• Like 2

Hello Mr. Benson

I have a few punch items I thought you might want to know about.

1) If I am standing, I switch from pistol to rifle, my charactor goes into a crouch position and performs surgery on the gun, indeffinately until I move. Moving, breaks the cycle.

2) If I have binocs or range finder ans switch to rifle my charactor does a short but fast jig and goes to one knee.

3) If I hop over a fence, at times, not always, I will flop to prone and stay there.

I have video if you need it. Let me know.

Arma  1.54

I have tested this with only EM in the editor.

• Like 1

WOW!

That is all I can write to describe this mod. Somebody at BI needs to pay this dude off and put this in vanilla Arma. This mod just brings Arma to a whole new level (ignore the pun).

To be honest, I avoided this mod for quite a while, because if i remember right it was pretty rough it the beginning stages, but now is wow.

I'm the same-I avoided this for ages-now i cant imagine playing without it! I love it!

Hi BB-I came across some posts in a different thread from several months ago that mentioned an issue with this mod.The problem was when saving multiple times it would begin to degrade framerate. Does that still happen? I am thinking of playing the A3 campaign again and I would like to have this mod running for it. Thanks.

The problem was when saving multiple times it would begin to degrade framerate.

OMG, I would never have thought that. Thanks for bringing it up. It just so happens that I am quite far into my current mission, (Pilgrimage, what else?!!!) and my fps are steadily tanking. I have never had this amount of problems before regarding the fps, at least in SP. MP, well that's a different story.

@BB

I am using quite a few other mods so just take these findings, at least from me, with a grain of salt. I'll test this a little more in the near future.

Thanks ineptaphid

• Like 1

OMG, I would never have thought that. Thanks for bringing it up. It just so happens that I am quite far into my current mission, (Pilgrimage, what else?!!!) and my fps are steadily tanking. I have never had this amount of problems before regarding the fps, at least in SP. MP, well that's a different story.

@BB

I am using quite a few other mods so just take these findings, at least from me, with a grain of salt. I'll test this a little more in the near future.

Thanks ineptaphid

No problem-now I dont know if this mod still causes this issue-and I cant find where I read about it,but it definitely was an issue at one stage.

Hello Mr. Benson

I have a few punch items I thought you might want to know about.

1) If I am standing, I switch from pistol to rifle, my charactor goes into a crouch position and performs surgery on the gun, indeffinately until I move. Moving, breaks the cycle.

2) If I have binocs or range finder ans switch to rifle my charactor does a short but fast jig and goes to one knee.

3) If I hop over a fence, at times, not always, I will flop to prone and stay there.

I have video if you need it. Let me know.

Arma  1.54

I have tested this with only EM in the editor.

please update. pretty sure i fixed all these things in the last update. if not please report back. this is why i love the workshop btw. i had people post pictures from a year old version in this thread. on the workshop i just know it will be uptodate on everyone's pc.

also, going prone and crouch is generally intended as a result of landing from longer falls. so analyse the situation if it still happens after updating so you can distinguish between bug and intended behaviour.

on save game things. this should have been fixed a long time. haven't had people report it anymore so i'm assuming it's fixed. i never really had the patience to play some random SP for a long time to test this really indepth myself. only did it once on Ravage and had never any problems. and that was with my old CPU so i think i would've noticed. but gerneally i rely on feedback on this specific issue since i pretty much never ever play SP. i gerneally try to go by things that are obvious to fix and reported by many people and this one hasn't really popped up anymore.

if you are really far into the mission i think it would also be more severe. the old issue with EM was key input handler related so it would pretty much freeze the game while holding a key after too many saves. yours sounds more like random arma being random plus mods plus user created mission. not saying other devs don't know what they're doing. just that arma is buggy and random as fuck anyways and adding a bunch of code written by different people surely won't help that.

anyways. maybe the key input info i just gave you helps you see, if it's caused by EM. don't get me wrong, it's totally possible something broke from me being sloppy or you know...1.54 :rolleyes: i generally i have not much interest in modding or playing arma at all currently though. so i will only work on this if something totally breaks again plus some update without ETA that will add the proper drop down anims for all weapon types. hope that helps and that you can finish your mission properly.

• Like 2

Hi,

Every time I try to get into gameplay (i.e previewing a mission in the editor, or start a mission), the game crashes back to desktop with the error:

"Bad animation file format in 'babe_em\animations\jump_rfl.rtm'"

Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong?

thx

I'll tell you what would be a sweet animation would, on a reload, dropping down to one knee, changing the mags, and then standing back up, once the reload is complete, this is something we teach or should I says, try to teach our local nationals, basically get down into cover, change mags, and get back in the fight. 

• Like 1

Shouldn't you do this manually? Go into crouch mode, reload, get up again. Imo this shouldn't be a custom animation, as this would limit your mobility. (maybe there is a situation where you don't want to kneel).

• Like 2

too many keystrokes doing it manually to get to the kneeling position, taking up time, if it was a custom movement, it's all done for you ;) I'm sure you're right about situations not needing to kneel, but realism, any stoppage drills, or reloads in combat, it's down into cover, change mags, back up into the fight. 

If ArmA is a combat simulation, why would you stand up in the open changing mags? it's not easy changing mags on the move, laden with kit, adrenalin pumping, and rounds coming down range. I'm one of the few who actually liked the new stamina system, you try running 500M's wearing 20Kgs of gear, and then start dropping targets at 2-300M's without your muzzle going all over the place as you're bowing out your arse!! :D

• Like 1

My $0.02

There are many situations when not under fire (like simulating a press check) where forcing a knee during reload just would be wierd. Walking and reloading or even light jog reload is really not that hard with any modern LBEs or BA's.

Doing a 100%-force-to-knee in all situations simply is not a good solution. Since this is totally doable just by pressing three keystokes (X-R-X) with hardly any timing to think of in contrast to forcing movements not everybody wants ... well, that is pretty much a no brainer to me :)

• Like 1

Its all about cover my man ;) 3 keystrokes as opposed to 1? sounds like that's a no brainer, I don't know where you've also got the idea that this would be forced on anyone, I merely stated it would be a cool animation to use, what exactly would be so so bad, and wrong that when you hit the R button, your character drops to a knee, reloads and stands back up again?

Doing a 100% force to knee actually builds up muscle memory in real life, its easy as shit to stand there and do reloads all day in the standing position, but doing things in training and in the classroom compared to real combat is like chalk and cheese, teach them to take a knee, clear the stoppage( which an empty magazine is) , reload and then re-engage is a proven method, I instruct Iraqi local nationals, on weapons handling pretty much on a weekly basis, they're good when they're standing in the classroom, devoid of kit, but take them outside, get them to do all the drills in the prone position and they're like fish out of water, they lack serious attention spans.

you're against the idea of such an animation, I get it, out of curiosity, how do you know not everyone would want such an animation? ;)  

Well, there as some mixed signals here where you first ask where I got the idea it would be forced and then the suggestion it should be? :)

First I read it as you wanted it to be a default animation played/forced as soon as u hit the normal reload key/button. As a totally separate button that's configurable then that would be a totally different story. I'd just not use it and each and everyone could choose their own poison of choise all was fine in the lands once again ;)

I really like the real life experience and I commend you for what you do, but at the same time this is still a game. There still is several situations where it would just add frustration where a lot of extra movement and animations would be executed for no reason at all adding nothing to the game ...for me.

As for answering that last Q regarding how I'd know? Well, I'm a person and I wouldn't want it. That defines not everyone ;)

• Like 1