bad benson

Enhanced Movement

I think that the crouch/reload shouldn't be animated into 1 button because that should be a player skill to duck out of fire then reload. If you automate it then you remove that aspect of player dynamic out of the picture and everyone is crouch reloading instead of seperating players who have made it a habit to duck out of fire as they're reloading against those less skilled who reload in the open. Hell now that you mentioned it I'm now making a quick fireing range where I can make hitting caps-R-caps a habit

Hey,

Just spot two things.

Visibly, EM Mod replace the default crouching anim' by another one from the mod.

The problem is that the anim' is a little weird, fastest but also unable the player to fire for some fractions of seconds. The moment when the left hand of the character seems to release the handguard.

It's really less than a second, but it's the time normally used (in my case at least) to shoot while I go crouched and often neutralize the hostile.

It's a real problem while we lost some precious seconds without being able to shoot while crouching, most often for defending from hostile shots.

The second problem is that sometimes, the mod seems to not be loaded.

An example, going on the Editor and trying a simple mission with some AI.

The first time, the mod works.

The second time, the mod don't work. Don't know why. Unable to climb or open the self-interaction menu.

And this happened randomly.

And you delete the interaction icons as I see.

I don't read the topic since some weeks, maybe you already explained it, but you should considered that having the original icons is enought.

And that's what I think as well. No need to have another icon popping while the default one is already visible.

@HammerShield

I can confirm that sometimes when you play, the mod just wont work. I have even had it stop working during a mission. It too is very random, so it is hard to figure out why it is happening.

@HammerShield

I can confirm that sometimes when you play, the mod just wont work. I have even had it stop working during a mission. It too is very random, so it is hard to figure out why it is happening.

Guys, you need to know that the climbing ability is tied to fatigue. Make sure you are not too fatigued.

Froggy: stable. It's working superbly with our groups' modpack containing ace3, cup, cup terrains, most hlc weapon packs, blastcore, mix between jsrs and dynasound and much much more. I can post our full list of used and partially used mods if you want to compare.

• Like 1

Froggy: stable. It's working superbly with our groups' modpack containing ace3, cup, cup terrains, most hlc weapon packs, blastcore, mix between jsrs and dynasound and much much more. I can post our full list of used and partially used mods if you want to compare.

I think Froggy is saying it's working superbly also for him.
  • Like 1

This has happen to me on both Standard and Dev version. It's not like it is happening a lot, but it has happened at least 3 times. It's just way too random to say it is even the mod's fault. All of us know very well that Arma can be temperamental at times. I run ACE, so it could very well be an ACE thing.

I can just confirmed it has happened to me. I have no other details, but that it has happened. For the OP, I don't think it is anything to be worried about or spend hours trying to reproduce. Maybe we can all just keep an eye out, but I wouldn't go on a bug hunt.

This has happen to me on both Standard and Dev version. It's not like it is happening a lot, but it has happened at least 3 times. It's just way too random to say it is even the mod's fault. All of us know very well that Arma can be temperamental at times. I run ACE, so it could very well be an ACE thing.

I can just confirmed it has happened to me. I have no other details, but that it has happened. For the OP, I don't think it is anything to be worried about or spend hours trying to reproduce. Maybe we can all just keep an eye out, but I wouldn't go on a bug hunt.

It's not ACE-I stopped using ACE and it happened to me.But I agree with you-it's really not a problem.Usually just exiting the mission or reloading a save sorts the problem.

I think Froggy is saying it's working superbly also for him.

ooooh, shit. totally misread what he wrote. my bad!

Hey,

Since the first versions of EM, never have this kind of issue, and nothing changed since.

So, it's a mod related, because happening only while the mod is updated.

And being tired at the start of a little test with AI ?

Like I already said, it happened since the mission start. So, the fatigue is not the issue.

And like I said :

Unable to climb or open the self-interaction menu.

So, the fatigue is not in cause. Even tired we can open the self-interaction menu.

Please read before asking that the issue coming from us.

And like there is no ACE updates since the last EM version, it's not the cause.

Hey,

Since the first versions of EM, never have this kind of issue, and nothing changed since.

So, it's a mod related, because happening only while the mod is updated.

And being tired at the start of a little test with AI ?

Like I already said, it happened since the mission start. So, the fatigue is not the issue.

And like I said :

So, the fatigue is not in cause. Even tired we can open the self-interaction menu.

Please read before asking that the issue coming from us.

And like there is no ACE updates since the last EM version, it's not the cause.

Yeah-like I said in SP it's not an issue-just reload your save.But I suppose in MP it would be more annoying.Still, it happens very infrequently.

@HammerShield, and you've obviously tested with just EM mod loaded and experienced this issue?

Did your other mods get updated after 1.54 as well?

The fatigue comment doesn't help you but could help others not having your exact problem but think they have a problem with the mod.

Seems Broken... :/

Maybe the last CBA update

ello-309ea7f7-d204-4a90-8f93-65f7477ba12

Working fine for me-when did your issue start? i am using the latest CBA update.

2 or 3 hours maybe. I've trying uninstall reinstall, from steam, i've trying uninstall from steam and install from playWith6, i've launched without other mod... Nothing to do. Showscripterrors give me always this. I've the setting option in escape menu, but nothing working in game.. !
Steam make me an update of cba today, but i haven't see when.

2 or 3 hours maybe. I've trying uninstall reinstall, from steam, i've trying uninstall from steam and install from playWith6, i've launched without other mod... Nothing to do. Showscripterrors give me always this. I've the setting option in escape menu, but nothing working in game.. !

Steam make me an update of cba today, but i haven't see when.

Oh I see-I dont use Steam for mods,but I am running the most up to date CBA-so I presume it is the same version as yours.let me try it out and get back to you in 10 minutes or so.Also-make sure CBA is loaded before Enhanced Movement in the Launcher

It works just fine for me, with everything up to date.
Whenever you use Play withSix you need to check the mod folder if everything is in it. (Sometimes PWS thinks its a nice idea to not download anything at all. Leaving the mod folder dry empty)
My suggestion, just don't use Play withSix (but thats my opinion)
(Yeah I should try reading posts first.!)

What you can do is to manually download the mod from Armaholic and try it with it then!

Oh I see-I dont use Steam for mods,but I am running the most up to date CBA-so I presume it is the same version as yours.let me try it out and get back to you in 10 minutes or so.Also-make sure CBA is loaded before Enhanced Movement in the Launcher

So i went and tried it-all is fine for me.As others have stated-I would suggest using the armaholic version.Or PM the mod maker and ask if others are having the  same issue as you.Are you on Dev Branch or Stable 1.54?

I am on the stable branch.
The issue is Solved. I've downloaded a new pair of eyes on Dummie.com
I dunno why, but it seems that was just my bind that have disapear...
When i watching, i was looking settings param, but not the key binding...
I've rebind the key, and now, the script error doesn't pop anymore....
Sorry for Disturb... Thanks for all, guys... !

• Like 1

I am on the stable branch.

The issue is Solved. I've downloaded a new pair of eyes on Dummie.com

I dunno why, but it seems that was just my bind that have disapear...

When i watching, i was looking settings param, but not the key binding...

I've rebind the key, and now, the script error doesn't pop anymore....

Sorry for Disturb... Thanks for all, guys... !

HAHAH!No problem-good you sorted it :)

• Like 1

Been using this mod man, and have to say good work :)

• Like 2

Hey, bad benson. Loving the flexibility of this addon!

Just wanted to let you know of a bug.  If you're holding a pistol and stand still upright before going prone, the pistol will simply disappear for a couple of seconds before reappearing again. It's not just a case of it disappearing, it will literally somehow remove the gun as you cannot fire it when it is invisible. Not only does this break the immersion, but it makes you completely defenseless for a couple of seconds when you crouch. It doesn't occur if you rapidly stand upright and then crouch, however, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Thanks for the great addon :)

Really nice mod. I got only one thing to complain about, I don't want to use the laser and NVG mods, but I can't get rid of them and still use the climbing/jumping and interaction stuff. I have tried to erase the laser and NVG PBO files. But when I do, the movement stuff doesn't work anymore. The menu where you sets the keybindings is still there though. It would be awesome if you fixed this.

Really nice mod. I got only one thing to complain about, I don't want to use the laser and NVG mods, but I can't get rid of them and still use the climbing/jumping and interaction stuff. I have tried to erase the laser and NVG PBO files. But when I do, the movement stuff doesn't work anymore. The menu where you sets the keybindings is still there though. It would be awesome if you fixed this.

But-you can just turn off the laser and nvg stuff in the pause menu any time you like.  So you can just have the climbing without the laser or nvg stuff.You can also turn off the interaction keys-this addon;s menu is in the pause screen and has 3 sections. Personally I use the movement stuff and the NVG effects,but I leave the interact keys turned off