bad benson

Enhanced Movement

you already said that. and i already said i'm working on it. ironing out the patch issues first though.

I just added this mod today to my collection and played for a few hours. It is simply awesome. Works well, give's you so much more ways to go! No longer running around fences until you find the stupid entrance of a compound. Thanks much, bad benson! I got no idea why such a feature isn't part of the vanilla game. BIA should pay you and then add you work to A3 instead of breaking half of the mods all 3 months... 

• Like 1

Thank you for a great addon!

Two questions:

1. Can you please return ability to climb over walls with big backpacks ?

I know it is not so fair, but maybe to make it togglble via settings.

2. I've noticed you have some nice visual effects while Night Vision is  On.

So maybe you can add additional .pbo file to this addon, that will make permanent Grain effect for whole arma 3 world, in any mission, everywhere!

Not related to Night vision or something  else, just constant effect that add some small (slightly visible) amount of gran to every mission that start.

P.S. Why to add grain to the game? 
I have pretty big visual experience as photo, video and digital artist, and i can share my opinion that in most cases adding small, slightly visible, amount of luma grain to the picture create effect of more live, more harmonic look to every element of a picture, especially when we talk about noiseless picture in PC game. 

Just try it... and maybe you will like it too.

Thank you.

Thank you for a great addon!

Two questions:

1. Can you please return ability to climb over walls with big backpacks ?

this is already fixed. it was related to the patch. i had a fatigue (95%) block in there and after BIS introduced stamina the game still outputs a fatigue value. but it rises much faster. that's why climbing gets disabled faster in the current public version.

this is already fixed. it was related to the patch. i had a fatigue (95%) block in there and after BIS introduced stamina the game still outputs a fatigue value. but it rises much faster. that's why climbing gets disabled faster in the current public version.

Bad Benson, when we could wait fix for script error?

Code of error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Babe_climbOnHer_rfl.weaponObstructed'.

So maybe you can handle slow movement while being overcumberd after nexus update ?

and by the way what about adding grain ? i believe it can take only few rows of code for you...   sadly i don't have any programming skills at all  :(

maybe  you can help me with this? i saw your sqf file and also few other mods that add some grain in certain situations and i've noticed that it take only few row of simple code ... but i don't know how to make working addon with this info :(

sure thing. just add me on steam. i was actually planning on adding an optional pbo with some colour correction stuff like it's used in some campaign missions so people can adjust preset moods locally at will. but that's on hold until i fixed the more pressing things.

and yes. the final beta update after the coming hotfix will have a new dynamic anim speed system for climbs based on several factors. i'm even playing with the thought of putting together my own entire sway and fatigue system. jsut gotta see how good the new script commands are. if they are as comfortable as they seem, it will be an easy task. my plan is to make somethign very simple but dynamic. i don't like how stance don't matter much anymore. and i defo want dynamic anim speeds in general. that new walking cap is just shit no matter how you look at it.

little heads up on the current process. the update is almsot ready. key combos are working but i'm jsut struggling with a minor visual glitch in hte menu right now. other than that dropping down, new fall damage and all those 1.54 fixes are ready to be dropped on you guys. i'll do my best to get this last issue sort asap. so expect the update sometime around this weekend. can't realyl say when exactly right now.

• Like 5

sure thing. just add me on steam. i was actually planning on adding an optional pbo with some colour correction stuff like it's used in some campaign missions so people can adjust preset moods locally at will. but that's on hold until i fixed the more pressing things.

and yes. the final beta update after the coming hotfix will have a new dynamic anim speed system for climbs based on several factors. i'm even playing with the thought of putting together my own entire sway and fatigue system. jsut gotta see how good the new script commands are. if they are as comfortable as they seem, it will be an easy task. my plan is to make somethign very simple but dynamic. i don't like how stance don't matter much anymore. and i defo want dynamic anim speeds in general. that new walking cap is just shit no matter how you look at it.

little heads up on the current process. the update is almsot ready. key combos are working but i'm jsut struggling with a minor visual glitch in hte menu right now. other than that dropping down, new fall damage and all those 1.54 fixes are ready to be dropped on you guys. i'll do my best to get this last issue sort asap. so expect the update sometime around this weekend. can't realyl say when exactly right now.

thank you for answer))) 

k. key combos finished. not gonna rush it out though. going to play some sessions with it now to give it some good testing. release later tonight or tomorrow very likely though.

• Like 7

quick heads up. things were slightly delayed by some complexities of key combos i hadn't considered. all done now though. just send out a version to some testers for last evaluation. so update later tonight (9 pm here atm) or tomorrow.

there might be some minor hick ups in shape of some temporary script errors due to the core key system having slightly changed. after rebinding your keys it should be fine though. put some code in there that shoudl auto fix the key format. i might release a semi public version here before the workshop and armaholic one to make sure the latter works out fine for everyone.

just want to avoid people having to make a new profile or overwriting variables in the editor.

• Like 3

Since the patch, having problems now with EM on Dedicated server, As in, getting kicked when the "file not found" comes up. Still works ok SP.

Looking forward to the update! :butbut:

same thing happening on my servers too

no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgmovesmalesdr/states/babe_climbonher_rfl.weaponobstructed'

love this mod so much its s small but makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference!!!

keep up the good work bro

errors like that usually kick you so that's expected. they are fixed and the update is almost ready. just need to finalise fall damage. used this hotfix to sneak in some other changes which slowed the release down a little. should be worth it though.

- key combos

- dropping down

- fall damage reworked (once again)...wish i could leave that part to the engine but sadly i gotta mess with this part which is a pretty dangerous thing. scripting that stuff needs to take into account many possible cases which is why these things usually are done engine side based on velocity and physics...usually...

• Like 2

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms here! I need my EM. :icon16: I need it, I must have it!

Seriously its an inspired mod sir, Thanks!

one more question! Ench.movement damage system not supported by ACE, ACE dont recognize damage when you kick by hand or foot.... you couldnt heal damaged person by ACE3 medicine system.

one more question! Ench.movement damage system not supported by ACE, ACE dont recognize damage when you kick by hand or foot.... you couldnt heal damaged person by ACE3 medicine system.

yea i might take a look at that later. i wanna switch to hitpoint damage instead of setdamage anyways. maybe that already fixes it.

i think the files are ready now but i want to let them rest over night and wait for some feedback. i "wasted" my whole weekend for this and kind of feel like i need a rest now. don't want to have this bother me in my sleep lol. and i think you guys will appreciate a more stable state right away.

have put a lot of work into it and i really hope it will not break for a while. at least the errors you had won't happen since i cleaned up my missing file paths and also changed the way anims inherit to avoid the error BI's patch caused by changing the anim config. should be more future proof.

i also will most likely be able to sneak in some weight balancing before release (probably tomorrow) if nothing else pops up, which should be cool using hte new anim speed changing script command. thx for the interest and passion about the mod. it's literally what keeps me going atm.

• Like 6

Take a rest mate, we will be here when you are ready to release it...

/KC

this is kind of a pre-release because this game is playing tricks on me and i dont know anymore. so i wanna have people test a little before this goes official. so please no news yet foxhound.

give this a good test run guys. test for the usual suspects: halo, parachute etc.

DISCLAIMER: i have been testing this in a seemingly vanilla and super clean mission from the workshop. turns out that mission is not representive of anything at all. it made me change around my code countless times, when it hit me and i tested it vanilla. BOOM! still insta death when landing with the parachute. so i urge you to always cross check with the editor and vanilla before reporting issues. also don't use old save games. this shit almost made me lose my mind. so please be thorough.

good thing is that the constant changing of the set up made it more solid. so at least in a reasonable environment everything works for me perfectly now. talking about fall damage here btw.

in short. that mission i used for testing is corrupted from the update or some shit. i don't even care anymore.

• Like 4

Excellent, thanks Benson,

I just loaded up my latest map and your mod is working great. Love the way I can pull myself up to the roof of these stone buildings in Zargabad and the interaction with doors and such is smooth, actually it's all smooth. Thanks again Benson.