bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Hey BB, I´ve noticed some SP scripts (probably eos or others to spawn opfor and create epic firefights), cause EM and TPW HUD to bug... HUD no longer marks units and jumping/vaulting with EM sink the avatar to sink on ground and "jump to ground level"... safe drop and interaction works ok thou! Just a headsup, if you want to, I can dig which specif script is causing it, so far it is when you combine gran scale SP and on CUP maps (I´ve seen it on only 3 recent steamworkshop missions so far, not a big deal, but annoying)

cheers!

Hey BB, I´ve noticed some SP scripts (probably eos or others to spawn opfor and create epic firefights), cause EM and TPW HUD to bug... HUD no longer marks units and jumping/vaulting with EM sink the avatar to sink on ground and "jump to ground level"... safe drop and interaction works ok thou! Just a headsup, if you want to, I can dig which specif script is causing it, so far it is when you combine gran scale SP and on CUP maps (I´ve seen it on only 3 recent steamworkshop missions so far, not a big deal, but annoying)

cheers!

I've experienced the "ground level jumping" as well-it seems to happen sometimes if the mission maker has placed their own walls etc on the map-like if they build a small base or something/Climbing one of the new placed walls causes the issue/Also the perimeter wall of the airfield in CUP Chernarus seems to do it to. Not a big issue st all though.

• Like 1

But-you can just turn off the laser and nvg stuff in the pause menu any time you like.  So you can just have the climbing without the laser or nvg stuff.You can also turn off the interaction keys-this addon;s menu is in the pause screen and has 3 sections. Personally I use the movement stuff and the NVG effects,but I leave the interact keys turned off.

Thanks for the reply, but I still can't get this to work. I managed to turn off the NVG, but not the laser. In the menu where you set the keybindings (the menu to the right of the screen when you press "Esc") there is three sections:

1. The movement section where you sets the key to jump/climb.

2. The interaction section.

3. The NVG section.

I can't find a way to turn off the laser feature, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply, but I still can't get this to work. I managed to turn off the NVG, but not the laser. In the menu where you set the keybindings (the menu to the right of the screen when you press "Esc") there is three sections:

1. The movement section where you sets the key to jump/climb.

2. The interaction section.

3. The NVG section.

I can't find a way to turn off the laser feature, what am I doing wrong?

That is very odd. You should be able to get rid of it by simply delete the pbo's.

My group uses that without any problem for about two month now.

Make sure only these for files are in the addons folder of the movement mod:

babe_core.pbo

babe_core.pbo.badbensonEM.bisign

babe_em.pbo

babe_em.pbo.badbensonEM.bisign

If you have that only the advance movement should appear in the ESC Menu. And the climbing works...it does for me!

Okay guys, now I really want to get this to work. This mod have four main features:

1. The jumping/climbing stuff. - babe_em.pbo

2. The interaction stuff. - babe_int.pbo

3. The visible laser. - babe_laser.pbo

4. The NVG effects. - babe_nvg.pbo

(5.babe_core.pbo is of course required.)

I want number 1 and 2.

First, I tried installing the mod with all PBO's in the Addon folder.When I do this, all of the four features works properly. And in the ESC-menu there is three sections (1. moving/climbing, 2. Interaction, 3. NVG). In the NVG section I can choose to not use the NVG effect, so the NVG feature isn't a problem any more.

Second, I uninstalled the mod, erased laser and NVG PBO's (and there BISIGN-files) and reinstalled the mod. I had theese files in the addon folder: babe_core.PBO, babe_int.PBO and babe_em.PBO + core-, int-, em- BISIGN-files. In the ESC-menu, there was, as expected, only two sections: Movement and Interaction. But of some reason the movement and interaction stuff didn't work. I couldn't jump/climb or use the interaction stuff.

Third, I added the NVG PBO and turned it off in the ESC-menu. Same results as above. It didn't work.

Fourth, I removed the laser, NVG and Interaction PBO's. So, the PBO's in the addon folder where only the core and em. Only one section in the ESC-menu: The movement section. And the jumping/climbing stuff worked (Wohoo!). This way I don't get the interaction stuff, but I guess I will have to live with that. Really strange that the jumping/climbing stuff stopped working when I put in the  interaction stuff though. Do you guys have any suggestion of ways to fix this so I can get the Interaction stuff too (without adding the laser and NVG)?

I am grateful for any help, this community is top notch.

hey bad benson,

some time ago we found the solution to get EM working with exile (you just have to load the CBA addon as client...), but we didnt implement it, because there is one major issue. in exile you can build wooden walls for base building. this is no poblem, you can climb over them, its working great with EM. But if there is something at the wall (a rock e.g.) and your making the EM jump over it, you are directly glitching through the wall. thats not so good, because your in the enemy base then... ;) do you have an idea, if its possible to prevent that? so that the animation stops at the wall and not going through?

cheers and thx again,

yes

I currently get this error everytime a mission starts with enhanced movement installed,

17:57:48 Error in expression <f (IsNil "_bx") then
{
profilenamespace setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
17:57:48   Error position: <setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
17:57:48   Error Type Array, expected String
17:57:48 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 43
17:57:48 Error in expression <e [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

Just fyi, on dev branch I get the same error when starting a mission:

'b1/' is not a class (" accessed)

Tested with Vanilla (dev) + Arma Enhanced Movement

Just fyi, on dev branch I get the same error when starting a mission:

'b1/' is not a class (" accessed)

Tested with Vanilla (dev) + Arma Enhanced Movement

I get the same error message with the dev branch.  I too disabled all mods until I narrowed it down to EM.  It's not a huge problem because the mod appears to works fine in spite of the error.  But would be nice to eliminate the message.  -V

1.56 seems to have broke the mod.

Nooo! That's the post I was dreading seeing...I'm just turning Arma on after a week break-I'll have to make a list of affected mods.

1.56 seems to have broke the mod.

In the Editor the Movement works just fine for me. 

What exactly does not work for you?

In the Editor the Movement works just fine for me. 

What exactly does not work for you?

Yeah-all is fine for me as well.I'm using it in a mission right now

• Like 1

Yeah-all is fine for me as well.I'm using it in a mission right now

+1

works with no script errors for me right now

cheers!

hm yea. sounds pretty random. a wild guess from far away (not much arma lately) would be a problem with frame handlers conflicting but no idea tbh. kind of hard to fix. i gave up looking into other people's scripts a long time ago. probably not gonna happen. more info always increases chances for a quick easy fix though. so keep them good reports coming.

general status of this mod for everyone's information:

i'm currently not doing anything arma related at all so excuse me if i totally missed the latest patch fuck ups. it's really tiring tbh. but i'm glad overall things are still working. know that i still occassionally read you guys' reports keeping an eye on things possibly breaking entirely.

here's some things i might quickly add soonish (no ETA or anything on that).

- turn off laser in the menu, which indeed is not possible currently...no reason to not add this,  since i'm a fan of the launcher and workshop and deleting pbos, while a known and easy arma thing, is pointless since i made the menu frame work for exactly these kind of things...but there's always some shit to fix in this game so in slipped through on the last release...same goes for the interaction stuff...seems like messing with pbos is still causing problems at least for some.

and usability is something i wanted to achieve with the menu shit so i can drop my release and let it be. so why not use the framework i created for that, right? i can't remember right now, if interaction can already be turned off. been a while. if not, it will be added

- fixing the remaining animation transitions issues (pistol, prone etc)...i need more info on this since i didn't experience these things after a certain version at all anymore. so i need to be sure it's not some other anim config or something....will do an editor test run tonight though.

- maybe adding the weapon specific drop down anims, although not much motivation on that part since it requires working with the shitty anim pipeline again and i think functionality is provided without the anims

- probably adding unbinding keys...not really seeing the point since it works fine without but it has been requested and is simple to add (most likely will be using the ESC key to unbind).

- someone asked me about reactivating the optional weight limits. will do that too. no idea why i disabled that. it's just a mission maker thing for people who want to limit things more

just letting you guys know that i'm here and watching from time to time and will try to fix stuff, if (or more like "when" :lol: ) it will entirely break again due to patches or some shit. i just won't really progress things much though since i'm pretty much done in arma. but i think i provided a solid list of features that i will try to maintain.

really glad to see you guys using the mod and having fun with it though. makes me really feel less like all the time i sunk into this wasn't wasted after all <3

greets BB

• Like 5

really glad to see you guys using the mod and having fun with it though. makes me really feel less like all the time i sunk into this wasn't wasted after all

I gotta say that your time wasn't wasted (IMHO) because this mod has totally changed the landscape of arma3 for me and my group. To be able to run through a town hopping fences and climbing on stuff and dropping down off stuff is simply put, AWESOME!!! BIS needs to implement this into the game!

Me and my group thank you for your hard work to make this mod possible!

CDN_BiggDogg

• Like 1

I gotta say that your time wasn't wasted (IMHO) because this mod has totally changed the landscape of arma3 for me and my group. To be able to run through a town hopping fences and climbing on stuff and dropping down off stuff is simply put, AWESOME!!! BIS needs to implement this into the game!

Me and my group thank you for your hard work to make this mod possible!

CDN_BiggDogg

Same here...but what I'd love to see in this game is the ability to ascend/descend,like using a grappling hook.

• Like 1

Hey BB

I saw earlier about plopping to prone issues and wanted to confirm it,...at least for me as well. It only happens when I am unarmed (weapons are stashed in my backpack). Normally I would simply put a pistol or rifle in my hands and the issue would be fixed but I use Incognito at times so you can see how that might be a pain in the ass.

Still all in all, one of the top mods!

BB... don't even want to play without enhanced movement. We were testing some stuff without it and many an expletive was said....

I'm getting the dive to prone while unarmed... I'll see if I can pin down what is doing it...

hm. couldn't reproduce it at all so far. need more info. you mean like no weaps in hand and all of them in the bag or unarmed in general?

anyways. i just did some looking through the code and already fixed/added most things from my list.

also a new "feature" for AI modders. i restructured some main parts of my framework which allowed me to make the climbing function more flexible. that leads to the possibility to easily make AI units perform climbs and drops. this is NOT an out of the box feature that allows you to command AI to climb. what it means is that the functions are less player centric and can be easily called using any unit.

that way AI modders can add the whole UI/commanding side of things, if they want to support AI climbing. it might also be useful for video people that need to trigger climbing for cutscenes.

• Like 2

The issue some people mentioned where your character is clipped through the floor while climbing seems to be also caused by structures being placed by the mission maker. ie-if they make a base with Hesco barriers or walls,you will floor clip if you try to climb over it. Also some areas of the CUP Chernarus map (NW Airfield) walls will cause this.

BB-don;t ever think this mod was wasted time-it has transformed Arma for me and many others.Thanks :D

Same here...but what I'd love to see in this game is the ability to ascend/descend,like using a grappling hook.

You know you can currently get down from high places by walking to the edge, looking straight down and pressing the EM button? Also you can boost with ai and other players to high locations...

I was looking at grappling hooks but honestly. .. the rope physx are a bit of a nightmare... once I tried boosting and getting down... I stopped working on the hook... like BB told me would happen lol

• Like 1

You know you can currently get down from high places by walking to the edge, looking straight down and pressing the EM button? Also you can boost with ai and other players to high locations...

I was looking at grappling hooks but honestly. .. the rope physx are a bit of a nightmare... once I tried boosting and getting down... I stopped working on the hook... like BB told me would happen lol

you can boost with ai? How?