bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Hi,

since Arma 1.54 and your last update, my character play a animation (healing a soldier) when I'm transitionning from handgun to rifle.

Close to the same issue, in general, while switching secondary weapon to primary weapon, the weapon is directly in the hands, and the character switched to crouched stance while performing a little "jump".

Is this purely clientside or

Is there a requirement for the global vars in the mission

and/or  does it create addon dependancy ??

Hi,

Close to the same issue, in general, while switching secondary weapon to primary weapon, the weapon is directly in the hands, and the character switched to crouched stance while performing a little "jump".

that what's happends if you are moving but on transition without moving the "little jump" and stand to crouch become a full "healing" animation... glad to see I'm not the only one.

Hey,

that what's happends if you are moving but on transition without moving the "little jump" and stand to crouch become a full "healing" animation... glad to see I'm not the only one.

Your not the  only one, but for me, the crouching position and the little jump happened when I'm static.

Just because ArmA III don't permit to switch weapons while moving  :)

Never have any healing animations.

Switching from the controlled player to switching from the Arsenal, it's always the crouching stance and the little jump.

@HammerShield: i think for some reason it's perceived as a little fall and landing or it is as i said just an animation config transition problem. i get this effect too. need to look into it when i have time.

@rsoftokz: yours sounds much more exotic and is probably related to combination with other mods. never had anyone report this and have never seen it myself. if you use other mods always make sure to narrow it down to the one that causes it and don't just assume that random things work together.

found the issue with the transitions after one second of actually looking at the fall damage anim config :lol:

i rushed it and did a booboo. easy fix. going to release a hotfix very soon.

• Like 1

Hey Mr Benson

My buddy tried this mod but cannot get it to work. He says that the "esc" "your key bindings", at least for the climb function is blank.

Thoughts?

Hey,

i think for some reason it's perceived as a little fall and landing or it is as i said just an animation config transition problem. i get this effect too. need to look into it when i have time.

Take your time ! No problem at all  ;)

found the issue with the transitions after one second of actually looking at the fall damage anim config  :lol:

Great ! Now, just wait for this hotfix for when you can release it  :)

Thanks for this great mod and the time you take for update it.

We can see so many authors that take ideas and reports bad and answering with different levels of animosity.

Some other just never finished what they start. It's their right, but it's a little bad  :P

So, thank you ! This mod bring a completely new tactical dimension in ArmA III, it's one of the gameplay mechanics that ever missed in ArmA.

• Like 1

hmmm. i just tested EM without the fall damage pbo. actually haven't done that in a while since i kind of gave up on vanilla fall damage. interestingly it now seems like my fall damage is more punishing in some ways than the vanilla one. in light of all the trouble it caused me i'm considering removing the damage component and only keeping the landing animations system.

so i'm asking everyone to test without the _fd pbo and report back, if you get any undesired deaths at all. this could be a great step forward for me and finally allow me to 100% focus on actual features and not attempted game fixes.

i'm tempted to just disable it and see how the feedback is but maybe i can get at least some feedback before hand. thx in advance.

I'll give it some tests during the next few days BB.

As You know Bad, Seems OK to me without fd_pbo at the moment, so far so good. As long as Bis don't change the default again.

any reason why you are using an at least one year old version? you should consider updating :lol:

i'm honestly curious now about where you even got this old version? that menu looks so different lol

any reason why you are using an at least one year old version? you should consider updating :lol:

i'm honestly curious now about where you even got this old version? that menu looks so different lol

Holy sheit, you are right. A friend gave it to me to try with 1.52 but I just updated to 1.54 today.

It works, sorry for your waste of time. :cheers:

no worries man. that post took not even a minute. also my pleasure teling you that you have been missing out on new features and anims :lol:

You have to make sure that you added the correct parameter. (-mod = ......) Otherwise the mod won't be loaded by the server. But this is a client side mod so I'm not getting why it isn't working for you.

i loaded -mod= correctly, so its a mission side addon how do you get to action? i see it loading when i start server but just no option pops up when i go in menu to bind it

Hi Bad Benson, I am really confused to what am doing wrong, I am trying to run this on exile server and I added @EM to my server with start up parameters and do the same for my client , when I join i have no pop up menu to bin keys nothing I do seem to work . also I read your mission make text file and I am confused to what i need to do with :

EM_fd_min_dam_h = 4;
EM_fd_mu = 1;

where do i add this? inside mission.sqm? or description.ext ?

how do I excute and what do I excute from mission.pbo:

this is a list of mission variables and what they do

--------------------------------------
fall damage variables
EM_fd_min_dam_h = 4;
EM_fd_mu = 1;

execute this inside the mission for all players 
with a delay to make sure babe_fd has already initialised before you do so. 
(for example a trigger)

you can also do waituntil {!IsNil "babe_fd_init"};

the first variable is the height cap that will determine which fall height 

will do damage at all. so any height below that number (in meters) will not 
cause any damage.

the second variable is a simple damage multiplier. so by increasing the 

value you can increase the damage output of the fall damage formular.

I go in game and I press esc nothing happens no pop screen is there!

I would have thought you only need to add the KEY to your servers key folder!   The addon is clientside is it not. It works fine on our dedicated server, players who are not using the addon (their choice) simply don't see the animation.

Its an excellent easy to use addon. Why complicate things AggroCity?

A good way to include addons when starting the game is by using ArmA3Sync.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199&highlight=ARMA3SYNC

I would have thought you only need to add the KEY to your servers key folder!   The addon is clientside is it not. It works fine on our dedicated server, players who are not using the addon (their choice) simply don't see the animation.

Its an excellent easy to use addon. Why complicate things AggroCity?

A good way to include addons when starting the game is by using ArmA3Sync.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199&highlight=ARMA3SYNC

ok so i added to @EM server side as a mod, I added it to my start parameters , -mod=@Exile;@EM

I then added it to client parameters as well, when i go in editor it works I go near a wall press space , when i do it in exile server nothing happens i get messages saying it got initialized but press space near wall nothing happenes , press esc no pop up menu shows up.

when you say client side what do i need to do client side ? do i call it from init file ? do i add the variables mission side if so where?

We all run the mod clientside and not on the dedi.

Those variables are primarily for mission makers to adjust EMs effects at mission level if I understand it correctly

those variables are not needed to make it work at all. just read their description please. they are optional parameters.

also. what you have is obviously a problem with EXILE. i had some people ask me this before. there is nothing i can do. i can only tell you that several of them managed to make it work. so you should really go ask people like that and not here. i have mentioned several times that i will only support bugs that are not reported with EM + vanilla arma or a reasonable set up that allows me to take action. that's sadly not the case with EXILE. i'm sure it's a behemoth of a mod messing with default UI classes or similar stuff.

believe me, if i could easily help you i would do it but it's simply not my job to ensure compatibility with total conversion type things like EXILE. your first mistake is to expect it to work out of the box.

good luck with solving your problem though. i'm sure there is a way.

• Like 1

those variables are not needed to make it work at all. just read their description please. they are optional parameters.

also. what you have is obviously a problem with EXILE. i had some people ask me this before. there is nothing i can do. i can only tell you that several of them managed to make it work. so you should really go ask people like that and not here. i have mentioned several times that i will only support bugs that are not reported with EM + vanilla arma or a reasonable set up that allows me to take action. that's sadly not the case with EXILE. i'm sure it's a behemoth of a mod messing with default UI classes or similar stuff.

believe me, if i could easily help you i would do it but it's simply not my job to ensure compatibility with total conversion type things like EXILE. your first mistake is to expect it to work out of the box.

good luck with solving your problem though. i'm sure there is a way.

Thank you for your feedback, as you can see the ones that have made it work (or so they claim) have replied to me here saying it worked out of the box and I am making a big deal of it! lol instead of actually telling me how to do it! but thanks and sorry to hijack your post here! I will take it up with someone else once I find them :D

The instructions provided starts by saying after its installed press esc, it doesn't tell me to add it server side or mission.pbo I understand you will not help with third parth addon. but I dont understand what dedi vs client side is, do I just move the folder from root of my server folder to mission.pbo?

It looks amazing on EDITOR. one question when you say we all run it client side meaning I should add @EM inside mission.pbo and not the server side? would I call it from init file or anything? 

i'm pretty sure that most of these post were by people not using EXILE. i was talking about EM + EXILE working out the box. as you have reported yourself. EM alone works just fine.

client side: only the players have the addon installed. the server only has (optional) the key to allow the players to use the addon. the server does NOT have the addon installed.

server side: an exameple would be a stat save system. that would only be installed and run on the server. clients would not have that installed.

• Like 1

I'm finding that when using zeus respawn players die on the inital first spawn. For example in a mission like master altis. It only happens on the first spawn after that it is fine. Kind of annoying when you have a 60 second respawn time. Or 3min respawn time on our survival missions.