wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

@Galzohar

I see you have joined the Skpye channel, is it ok now or is it still showing as waiting?

I have a problem, if I build mission with the support module working ( asking a pickup by helicopter) everything is working. When I send the mission to a friend and he is hosting the mission it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

I have a problem, if I build mission with the support module working ( asking a pickup by helicopter) everything is working. When I send the mission to a friend and he is hosting the mission it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

It could be a number of things on your friends side, send me a link to your mission

Great mod! I've been looking forward to this and it's a great step up in implementation from MSO. I'm particularly impressed with the profile system.

I would like to know however, what does the minimum ability and maximum ability skill settings represent in the AI skill module?

Also, to be clear, does the Player Persistence module only work with the ALIVE server (when its available), or can it also save the player's state to the game server to protect from player game crashes (at least with RC1)?

Hello, great mod btw. My question is...

I have created a test mission on Altis, loaded another clan members mission who reported loading in editor preview fine and then #9 example mission from the Alivemod.com website and they are not loading in my editor preview. Now I have another mission using this mod on Stratis and that loads fine with editor preview, however the 1st three are on Altis and they are not loading in my editor preview....well very quickly. I have noticed the markers disappearing after some time and after a few minutes total I usually give up and try something else. Now I know it runs from the Stratis mission. Are the markers disappearing a sign that its loading or something else....like may be its going to blow up? :) Do I need to wait more than a few minutes for it to load in editor preview? My rig is 4core 8gigs RAM GTX660, so I don't think its a processor issue

Plus, my windows key is not working to get into admin mode for teleport/ghosting.

Anyone else having this issue?

Not yet. Mission Persistence is the focus of the next major release.

Thank you for the response! Looking forward to the next release then!

Skype group works now. Let me know if you need any more from the RPT and/or mission files.

Hey guys great work with alive been playing around with it in the editor really pleased with the work

however i do have a few issues

i cant seem to place more then one MILITARY PLACEMENT MODULE

everything works fine when setting up a BLUFOR base area with the first MILITARY PLACEMENT MODULE but once the second MILITARY PLACEMENT MODULE is in place and set-up for the OPFOR faction and set-up with required settings nothing seems to happen once previewing the mission

I've also loaded the tutorial missions and previewed those but they also seem to have the same affect

I have currently only tested this on ALTIS as ive played on STRATIS constantly since the launch of ARMA 3 And is currently Bored off the same terrain

Would be really great to get some enlightenment on this issue

In addition to the problems of very long init times and very long time to get tasks (in fact after 1-2 hours of playing we only got 1 task to destroy a solar transformer and even after destroying it the task remained active and no new tasks were generated, not to mention task only had 2 enemies defending it, I've had problems with the intel. At the start it was showing information about the enemy, but after playing for a while (maybe after some respawns?) the intel was completely gone - Map had absolutely no markers on it (except for the solar transformer task). Enemies would still spawn and shoot us if we spent enough time searching for them.

Also, in hosted server I notice a lot of script errors with undefined variables, seems to be something with the profiler. If you cannot reproduce I can upload my mission.

I Agree. I have a lot of script error too... same of the yours previous post.

Gone or EXPLAINED?.... there is a difference. As soon as I drop #2 mil placement, all goes dead. Seems to be a known issue but the solution is not yet revealed to us.

Wait for a two or three minutes, ALIVE exit's from death... :).

I have noticed the markers disappearing after some time and after a few minutes total I usually give up and try something else. Now I know it runs from the Stratis mission. Are the markers disappearing a sign that its loading or something else....like may be its going to blow up? :) Do I need to wait more than a few minutes for it to load in editor preview?

Plus, my windows key is not working to get into admin mode for teleport/ghosting.

Not sure about your mission loading issues but yes the markers disappearing are a sign things are working. On Altis it can take a long time to generate stuff especially if you are using civ placement module. If you want to speed things up remove that module and keep the enemy numbers lower.. much easier for testing.

I think others have had the issue with the windows key and I believe they are making it so you can change this key for next release.

great work on the ALIVE mod!

I have a quick question......how do I create the TASKS to pop up if I am only using one or two BLUFOR Players that I added using the EDITOR. I am able to make large battles with everything synced up etc etc.

All I am looking to create is a MAP occupied by OPFOR with a small Island Base of BLUFOR.......with TASKS :)

I do not need OPFOR to attack my humble base but am looking to attack their Military Facilities etc......yes, I have read the Manual, yes, I can make large battles and yes I have watched the video tutorials but all these cover the Module generated players/groups and not placed unit/s by the editor with functioning TASKS. Any help is always most appreciated :)

Thanx in advance!!

This feature is already in place and has been mentioned numerous times in this thread, if you don't have an app key, define custom key 20, Arma will need a restart afterwards.

Yet another question I have! :P

Military Placement and Military Civilian Placement.. When you give it blacklisted markers.. aka places you don't want it to put enemies.. Are you only allowed to place ONE blacklisted marker? because it never works with more than one blacklisted marker for me.. they are separated by a "," as well :/ It's all I need and my mission will finally be done lol

UPDATE - with more than one blacklisted marker it analyzes the entire marker as many times as there are blacklisted markers... is this a bug?

Edited by P0LARIS

This feature is already in place and has been mentioned numerous times in this thread, if you don't have an app key, define custom key 20, Arma will need a restart afterwards.

you may as well put this in your sig...... ;)

Player persistence in RC1 protects players in case of disconnect. In RC2 we will support persistence across server restarts.

Polaris, the warnings in debug mode happen if opcom stays in a certains state for a calculated time, happens during analysis sometimes, but nothing to do with the amount of units.

in fact profile system has a limiter you can adjust it on the profile module

I don't understand why I get these errors then and when it finally stops with that and continues on to whatever its supposed to do next it will not order my units around anywhere... this only happens when I have TONS of units. If I set some pretty small markers everything happens without a hitch...

Hi guys,

How I do to force the soldiers (created by military civilian plac) to patrol the marked area?

PS. (I put OPCOM linked with Logistics and military civilian plac)

polaris, the more units and objectives the more time it takes for opcom to analyse everything, thats why there can be warnings in analysis though. After the analysis happened OPCOM will start to move the MP placed groups around. If you placed editor placed units though and opcom didint control them, that is fixed in upcoming update (factions didnt get set correctly so OPCOM couldnt determine if those groups were his)!

Hello again ALiVE Team. I posted earlier about some problems I had but I couldnt get into skype to troubleshoot. I am only posting this because I figured out my problems.

First of all, ALiVE doesnt work well with MCC. This is a known issues and I appologize for missing the memo. :D

Second, I read that ALiVE works with any map and I was using a Sahrani conversion from Arma 2. It is missing something in the analysis of the island and breaks the modules, I cant remember the exact error.

When I turn off MCC and Use one of the Vanilla maps or AiA maps I am golden.

Thanks again for this awesome mod and MSO back in the day. cheers!

Hello again ALiVE Team. I posted earlier about some problems I had but I couldnt get into skype to troubleshoot. I am only posting this because I figured out my problems.

First of all, ALiVE doesnt work well with MCC. This is a known issues and I appologize for missing the memo. :D

Second, I read that ALiVE works with any map and I was using a Sahrani conversion from Arma 2. It is missing something in the analysis of the island and breaks the modules, I cant remember the exact error.

When I turn off MCC and Use one of the Vanilla maps or AiA maps I am golden.

Thanks again for this awesome mod and MSO back in the day. cheers!

Hi Redfield, heres a list of 3rd party maps that are currently supported by ALiVE

namalsk

fallujah

thirsk

thirsk winter - thirskw

podagorsk - fdf_isle1_a

celle

clafghan

torabora

tigeria

tup_qom

We also have a update that will fix MCC compatibility with ALiVE dropping soon.

Edited by ARJay

First,

Thanks ARJay for your help last night. I have to come back to personally say there dev team is very friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing but positive feedback for these guys.

To share what i learned

-They helped me understand the CQB module more as i thought mine was broken initially (CQB functions independently of Opcom and other alive modules, simply requiring a link between CQB module, and the Military/Civilian Placements. To check if it is working look for "X"'s around your placements they will be marked with "X-Regular, and X-Strategic". You can then teleport to them and check for yourself. (Be advised, this module functions independently from the Profile modules spawn radius, it is like 500m or so ARJay was saying he believes)

-He explained some help with helicopters and that they function separately from Jets (That don't spawn in units on their own) and do spawn in units. (You should test this by flying over areas with the helicopter, if it is taking longer than 5 seconds for load in times of units from virtual to seen you should decrease the amount of profiles to fit your servers capability.)

-Also with "Clusters" *your map markers linked to placements example BLUFOR_TAOR_1* can be multi linked in his tutorial video so example your map marker and placement module can say "BLUFOR_TAOR_1,BLUFOR_TAOR_1_1" with that being said if you have it set to 100 unit size it will spawn in the original infantry and SPLIT the remaining 100 units between whatever map markers are specified.

-He is looking into if "Tasks" are generated more or less if the clusters are linked vs. the clusters being individual per area with there own placement/map marker per area but he thinks this has no effect on tasks being generated.

If any of this is wrong let me know but this is what i took from our conversation and i will edit for accuracy as i follow this thread. Thanks ARJay for your help one hell of a dev team.

Edited by J_Camel

Thanks for the list ARJay. We are really looking forward to civilians throwing rocks again XD

Good Times

Thanks for your kind words J_Camel and sharing your learnings on here, I cant stress enough about joining the Skype chat, as you can see from J_Camel's great post, we the Dev Team, Testers and other users of ALiVE are available to assist and answer questions on a regular basis.

@Redfield dont look forward too much, a rock may hit you plum in the face ;)

I have a quick question......how do I create the TASKS to pop up if I am only using one or two BLUFOR Players that I added using the EDITOR. I am able to make large battles with everything synced up etc etc.

You require an OPCOM and an MP module set to BLUFOR side then all you should need to do is adjust the drop-down option under the OPCOM module - Player Tasks - YES.

Military Placement and Military Civilian Placement.. When you give it blacklisted markers.. aka places you don't want it to put enemies.. Are you only allowed to place ONE blacklisted marker? because it never works with more than one blacklisted marker for me.. they are separated by a "," as well :/ It's all I need and my mission will finally be done lol

Yes this issue is now on dev heaven tracker..... thanks for reporting

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73378

How I do to force the soldiers (created by military civilian plac) to patrol the marked area?

Known issue perhaps? Some groups will be defending the objective instead of patrolling...

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73273

Edited by SavageCDN