wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

For reasons I don't comprehend the mod is in conflict with MCC Sandbox for me. When I run both, ALiVE will not work. (Yes, its no other mod interfering, I just did an hour of testing)

Anybody facing the same issue? Both are incredibly nice mods. It would be a shame if they'd exclude each other.

tyler, "blufor_taor_1 over the same military camp", the vids are examples and may change during the alpha / beta stage!

Check your modules for filterdropdowns and TAOR markersize please.

My marker size is 100 by 100 and no filters are enabled mate :s I will try 150 by 150

tested radius of 150x150 and appears to be working... how strange!

Hey few quick questions

1) Will this work with Arma 2 OA? I would love to get this working with I44 in A2

2) Is there anyway to run this with a mod (e.g I44).

Thanks!

TAOR = Tactical Area of Responsibility. The suggested name for these markers is a hint to how they should be used: as in the military, giving your commander too small an area to operate is overly restrictive and they won't be able to operate! 100x100 is not a very bit area for

Unlike many missions and mods in ArmA that are developed from a game perspective, ALiVE has an operational and tactical core that is based on real life military mission planning. We've deliberately and consciously misused or completely avoided some of the military speak for the sake of accessibility (e.g. anyone who knows OPCOM, OPCON, TACOM, TACON will roll their eyes out how we use it in this context). The Objectives, AI Commanders and supplies are very fluid and will constantly react to changing threats. The only way to know if an objective is clear is by clearing it: there'll be no magic 'ding' to show you that the enemy are all dead. And even then the OPFOR may prioritize the same objective for a counter attack. There is a pattern to AI behaviour though: they have a clear set of objectives but it's up to you to work out what that is. In short, ALiVE is more than just a sandbox - it is a real time tactical simulation.

Sorry no, it won't run in ArmA2 ever, the older game simply doesn't have the scripting support required.. It may work with I44 once the mod's been ported to ArmA3.

TAOR = Tactical Area of Responsibility. The suggested name for these markers is a hint to how they should be used: as in the military, giving your commander too small an area to operate is overly restrictive and they won't be able to operate! 100x100 is not a very bit area for

Unlike many missions and mods in ArmA that are developed from a game perspective, ALiVE has an operational and tactical core that is based on real life military mission planning. We've deliberately and consciously misused or completely avoided some of the military speak for the sake of accessibility (e.g. anyone who knows OPCOM, OPCON, TACOM, TACON will roll their eyes out how we use it in this context). The Objectives, AI Commanders and supplies are very fluid and will constantly react to changing threats. The only way to know if an objective is clear is by clearing it: there'll be no magic 'ding' to show you that the enemy are all dead. And even then the OPFOR may prioritize the same objective for a counter attack. There is a pattern to AI behaviour though: they have a clear set of objectives but it's up to you to work out what that is. In short, ALiVE is more than just a sandbox - it is a real time tactical simulation.

Sorry no, it won't run in ArmA2 ever, the older game simply doesn't have the scripting support required.. It may work with I44 once the mod's been ported to ArmA3.

Alright Thank you - im guessing you just change the unit configs for the mods units?

And also another question - how would you define custom objective zones, and define it so the logistics are only in certains #'s and eventually end?

giving me butterflies finding out something suprising about this mod every day...

ok i will think a lot bigger markers!! that may be why its taking its time to load the units up as like you said.. not a lot of places to choose from.

thanks for the info.

For reasons I don't comprehend the mod is in conflict with MCC Sandbox for me. When I run both, ALiVE will not work. (Yes, its no other mod interfering, I just did an hour of testing)

Anybody facing the same issue? Both are incredibly nice mods. It would be a shame if they'd exclude each other.

(Na dann willkommen im Club, bei mir auch nicht^^)

Can agree that, ALiVE wont work with mcc. Wont miss mcc, its very useful so i´ve decided to stay with it.

How would I use the profile system to profile everything except units I spawn via scripts during the mission? I can't sync them in the editor as they don't exist at mission start...

Also, which version is the right one? With latest from PWS I keep getting script errors. Can we make sure the best functioning version is up on PWS? After all it'll be difficult to get people to install ALiVE (plus other server required mods) without it being available on PWS. Especially when there is version confusion.

Edited by galzohar

Hello Mate, the default is windows app key, however if you don't have one. You can define your own key by using Custom Key 20 in the settings.

Guys, I had to restart Arma before the keybind change took effect. Stable version. Also 0.5.2 ALiVE.

Question... Is it supposed to take such a large amount of time to initialize everything on the map? i.e minimum 17 mins???

I too am having trouble with trying to use Massi's African Conflict OPFOR.

I have pieced a few bits of info in this thread together to see that unit addons need CfgFactionClasses and CfgGroups properly set up. However, I have not seen if this is exact problem with the African Conflict addon or if I'm just messing something up module wise?

Question... Is it supposed to take such a large amount of time to initialize everything on the map? i.e minimum 17 mins???

yes ive noticed this too.

in the first release build i made a simple mission and it loaded up perfectly and quickly.

i went to play it again earlier and it took nearly 6 mins to initialize everything.

i kept retrying and it stayed around 6 mins.

however, the aLiVE team has said that things will change during the alpha_beta phase.

which is understandable.

yes ive noticed this too.

in the first release build i made a simple mission and it loaded up perfectly and quickly.

i went to play it again earlier and it took nearly 6 mins to initialize everything.

i kept retrying and it stayed around 6 mins.

however, the aLiVE team has said that things will change during the alpha_beta phase.

which is understandable.

A lot of this is down to how you setup the mission also. The more MP and CP modules you have placed the longer it will take, I suggest grabbing baretail and watching the RPT in real time to give you an idea of what the startup routine is doing.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

(Na dann willkommen im Club, bei mir auch nicht^^)

Can agree that, ALiVE wont work with mcc. Wont miss mcc, its very useful so i´ve decided to stay with it.

We are looking to find a solution to this issue.. Stay tuned

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

I too am having trouble with trying to use Massi's African Conflict OPFOR.

I have pieced a few bits of info in this thread together to see that unit addons need CfgFactionClasses and CfgGroups properly set up. However, I have not seen if this is exact problem with the African Conflict addon or if I'm just messing something up module wise?

Another issue that we are looking at. It seems the african units is highly wanted so I will see if I can get them to work together this week.

The mission is the same as it was in 0.51 buddy no changes made

2 mp modules

2 opcoms

2 logistic

0.51 = 10-15 secs ish

0.52 = 5mins ish

:/

Can you explain what you mean by the real time rpt ?

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

However it's only this mission it happens too I may scrap the mission and see if re building works

Hey, I have downloaded the F/A-18 Super Hornet mod, I would like to add it as a CAS asset is that possible?

Worked it out with config viewer, works amazingly!

Edited by RAINF

Hey, I have downloaded the F/A-18 Super Hornet mod, I would like to add it as a CAS asset is that possible?

Yep one of our testers got the F/A-18 working with the Nimitz and the CAS module.

Yep one of our testers got the F/A-18 working with the Nimitz and the CAS module.

and how was that? did he just type it's class name in like we do with the other vehicles?

and how was that? did he just type it's class name in like we do with the other vehicles?

Yep just find out the classname of the vehicle and give it a go. You will have to be on the same faction as the vehicle I believe to order it

JS_JC_FA18E was one of the class names I am using. To work out how to find names of units/vehicles/weapons etc, I used this youtube video:

JS_JC_FA18E was one of the class names I am using. To work out how to find names of units/vehicles/weapons etc, I used this youtube video:

got it working but when i call him for a CAS mission he turns and goes into some tress.. as if he doesn't know how to take off the runway.. Does the jet know how to take off on the dirt airfields or does it have to be at the nice airfield on altis?

got it working but when i call him for a CAS mission he turns and goes into some tress.. as if he doesn't know how to take off the runway.. Does the jet know how to take off on the dirt airfields or does it have to be at the nice airfield on altis?

We have had jets on the North Eastern AF on Altis, and the main central one. Not sure about the FA 18 though, might require a longer runway?

This is a GAME CHANGER I think...

I'm only a couple of modules into the tutorials - and Holy Crap it's powerful.

Need to try the system in AIA with a different map - will it work ?

SJ

Can I just check this seems to be multi-threaded as it uses all 8 of my Cores ? 4xHT Is that right ? Have you actually justified me getting a IvyBridge E ? (costing me an arm and a leg in the process ;) )

Edited by serjames
MULTI-THREADED LOVING

Is there any way to get infantry to board the helicopters and ride to an airfield, or board units? I've tried placing units in the editor and profiling them, and also changing the spawn from airborne too mechanized, but each time the infantry all just run on foot towards the objective. I've tried looking through the manual and watching the tutorials, but if it's something obvious, I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have had jets on the North Eastern AF on Altis, and the main central one. Not sure about the FA 18 though, might require a longer runway?

Damn. Maybe :/ idk.. im going to try to figure out this Nimitz thing.. do you think that tester of yours could put up a guide of some sort?