wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

This is a GAME CHANGER I think...

I'm only a couple of modules into the tutorials - and Holy Crap it's powerful.

Need to try the system in AIA with a different map - will it work ?

Yep works in AIA, we even have support for the following 3rd party maps:

namalsk

fallujah

thirsk

thirsk winter - thirskw

podagorsk - fdf_isle1_a

celle

clafghan

torabora

tigeria

tup_qom

ngs_capraia

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Is there any way to get infantry to board the helicopters and ride to an airfield, or board units? I've tried placing units in the editor and profiling them, and also changing the spawn from airborne too mechanized, but each time the infantry all just run on foot towards the objective. I've tried looking through the manual and watching the tutorials, but if it's something obvious, I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Units using transports is a future feature, we are working on a proper logistics system that will move troops around in a relaistic manner, as opposed to the spawning technique done currently

Simply amazing. I can't wait till i get my CPU now, my phenom II is getting to the end of its days, I want to experience this mod in all its glory (and it runs great even with my sub par rig)

Units using transports is a future feature, we are working on a proper logistics system that will move troops around in a relaistic manner, as opposed to the spawning technique done currently

Thanks for the quick reply, and sounds good. Looking forward to future updates, been having an amazing time with it so far!

Any chances we can get a tiny tooltip/description on what each of these "AI Skill" settings do? Any idea what the current settings would be labeled, as a reference point? (ie Recruit/Regular/Veteran/Expert)

Any chances we can get a tiny tooltip/description on what each of these "AI Skill" settings do? Any idea what the current settings would be labeled, as a reference point? (ie Recruit/Regular/Veteran/Expert)

AISkill module is still a bit work in progress, it probably needs more testing to get those values right, may be a little bit too easy. Reference point is probably that default AI would be above Expert. Any feedback you guys have would be good, try them out and see how you go.

Would it be possible to have a couple of sample mission setups ala DAC, I've looked at the example mission provided but it just seems to have all options on the table, and admittedly I've only been able view 3 of the tut videos so far but a couple of basic scenario setups where we can merge and adjust would be nice?

Cough, finds the big yellow "DOWNLOAD TUTORIAL MISSIONS" on the page FPDR

Maybe include them in the directory for us not so quick old fullas, although im probably the only one :D

That sounds like a great future feature that adds another level of game play possibilities with troops moving around in vehicles.

Thx. Amazing

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Cough, finds the big yellow "DOWNLOAD TUTORIAL MISSIONS" on the page FPDR

Maybe include them in the directory for us not so quick old fullas, although im probably the only one :D

Lols, we will be adding some more sample missions to the website in the coming weeks with some variety in what modules are used etc.

This looks like a winner! Awesome work and I'm looking forward to whathever you guys release next!

Now if only BIS could fix/improve the MP performance...

/KC

Can anyone report game-breaking bugs occurring with dev branch? Want to know if it's worth trying.

Can anyone report game-breaking bugs occurring with dev branch? Want to know if it's worth trying.

ALiVE will not work at all with dev branch unfortunately. Because of the frequent map changes on dev branch, its impossible to support ALiVE for it.

SpectreRSG - we have to wait for Highhead to answer that one.

Assume = Ass + u + me :D

You are assuming incorrectly - ALiVE works perfectly fine in the editor/SP.

This is very good news! Looks like I've got some homework to do.

I'll try to rephrase my question about profiling - What settings do I need to use if I want it to only profile units spawned by ALiVE modules and not units spawned by miscellaneous scripts or placed in the editor? For editor units I know I can use the syncing options, but I'm more concerned about units spawned by scripts (for example, respawning transport vehicles).

We only profile units at mission start. Units created by other scripts are not profiled.

Play around with it and test :)

I'm going to have a go at integrating VTS with ALiVE tonight. It should be an interesting adventure!

I'm going to have a go at integrating VTS with ALiVE tonight. It should be an interesting adventure!

Good Luck Krem, let us know how it goes!

I had a thought and that is if you guys at ALiVE can get the infantry to make better use of vehicles, would it be possible to create a form of Chain of Command where squads formed platoons and complement each other. For instance, a small squad can load into a single AMV-7 Marshel or Panther but then you only have one vehicle. With CoC you could have three individual squads form part of a platoon with the fourth squad commanding the armor. Then OPCOM would have better organization of mobilizing units across large battlefields. Essentially it be a cleaner form of high command. You can kind of simulate this already with how you set up ALiVE in the editor but it is kind of a tedious process. I also believe this would create a much more authentic battlefield.

Also to help players keep better track of friendly vehicles and aircraft a kind of blue force tracker for all three factions but only visable to friendly units.

Hi,

how can one implement VAS properly with this mod? Is it integrated or do we need to add it by ourselves?

Cannot see proper way in the TvT mission, plenty of ammo boxes ...

Thanks in advance

You mean a second tier tactical commander (e.g. a Platoon Comd to OPCOM's Coy Comd). That's basically what our TACOM does already though that too is in its infancy. Unfortunately the group compositions are fixed by the configs, which we necessarily have to abide by for the sake of compatibility and our sanity. There's more we can do with Waypoint types but I'm not sure complex AI interactions would be possible to achieve in a way that is credibly realistic. We'll see how it pans out.

VAS - yes, works fine alongside. It's not part of ALiVE though so you'll need to edit it into the mission in the normal way.

Looks like someone has been busy!

Great Video whoever made it, step forward to claim your Prize!

You mean a second tier tactical commander (e.g. a Platoon Comd to OPCOM's Coy Comd). That's basically what our TACOM does already though that too is in its infancy. Unfortunately the group compositions are fixed by the configs, which we necessarily have to abide by for the sake of compatibility and our sanity. There's more we can do with Waypoint types but I'm not sure complex AI interactions would be possible to achieve in a way that is credibly realistic. We'll see how it pans out.

VAS - yes, works fine alongside. It's not part of ALiVE though so you'll need to edit it into the mission in the normal way.

OK, I will do it.

thanks

We only profile units at mission start. Units created by other scripts are not profiled.

Play around with it and test :)

I am assuming you mean mission start plus units you spawn with ALiVE modules?

What is the definition of "mission start"? At time>0.01 all profiling information is guaranteed to be initialized? I don't want to end up creating a unit while the profiling is initializing and thus end up with it being profiled.

Hi gagi,

It is very simple to add VAS into any ALiVE mission.

I just thought there was something integrated in ALiVE : you have to do it traditionnal way adding the script to the init ?