wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Are other mods already supported? Like the Medic systems (XMedSys or RWS)?

Nope but feel free to test. :) Any bug reports with mods none the less may be compatibility only, so be warned.

Guten Tag

I know i am not the first one who is asking about how to open the Support console or the adimaction.

yes i got the Laser Designator

yes i restarted the Game

I AM GOING TO EAT MY MOTHER LOVING KEYBOARD RIGHTNOW!!!!!!!:mad:

Hi Hossus,

It's been mentioned on this thread a few times.

The default is the Windows App Key. however if you do not have one, then you can define your own key using the Custom key 20 in settings, once this has been done, restart ArmA and away you go.

Gunny

(Na dann willkommen im Club, bei mir auch nicht^^)

Can agree that, ALiVE wont work with mcc. Wont miss mcc, its very useful so i´ve decided to stay with it.

Gonna check into this also. Dunno why.

Is there a way to limit what groups are spawned for the CQB module? When I was playing around with it I had ridiculous stuff spawning like guys in full ghillie suits with anti-material rifles along with the ranger master of all things, and a bunch of guys wandering around unarmed in their underwear from the PGS PMC mod... When I set the CQB module to only spawn nato units.

Gonna check into this also. Dunno why.

Arjay has got a fix for the MCC Issue, he will advise as to the reasons MCC did not work.

Hi Hossus,

It's been mentioned on this thread a few times.

The default is the Windows App Key. however if you do not have one, then you can define your own key using the Custom key 20 in settings, once this has been done, restart ArmA and away you go.

Gunny

hello Gunny

sorry i didn't mention it

but i did all of this, it just dont work..... lol i guess i am a little slow sometimes

nevermind i got it !!! :o

thx your are awesome guys

Edited by hossus

Arjay has got a fix for the MCC Issue, he will advise as to the reasons MCC did not work.

Cool. Checked the issue: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73336 Fixed on Alive Side (after receiving pm). No more questions, good luck guys!

And! Congrats on the awesome release!!!

*edited after pm*

Edited by spirit6

there is a problem with the name for the factions.

For example:

ALiVE cant use the african conflict modification - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160607-African-conflict-a3

When i use this faction, alive is placing standard-OPFOR Forces. I hope you can fix it.

It's not something ALiVE can fix: the faction and groups need to be defined correctly in the mod for it to work with ALiVE. Your best bet would be to post in that mod's thread requesting a fix.

@Kerc = not currently. Once again, if the PGS PMC mod is defined as or inherits NATO in the config, then ALiVE will see it as NATO. There's nothing we can do about that other than request the PGS PMC mod maker change his config, which he may not be willing to do.

CQB uses whatever groups are defined. If the faction has snipers then they too will be spawned. An option to whitelist/blacklist certain class types in CQB may be something we could look at in due course.

It's not something ALiVE can fix: the faction and groups need to be defined correctly in the mod for it to work with ALiVE. Your best bet would be to post in that mod's thread requesting a fix.

@Kerc = not currently. Once again, if the PGS PMC mod is defined as or inherits NATO in the config, then ALiVE will see it as NATO. There's nothing we can do about that other than request the PGS PMC mod maker change his config, which he may not be willing to do.

CQB uses whatever groups are defined. If the faction has snipers then they too will be spawned. An option to whitelist/blacklist certain class types in CQB may be something we could look at in due course.

I figured it was something like that - a white list would be great as I'm usually really picky with the kind of units I want the AI having as stuff like snipers don't really work well in such great numbers, nor does having a crap load of AT guys

Firstly, thanks for this awesome mod.

Secondly- when I run ALiVE, I'm unable to save during any missions (including missions that do no use ALiVE modules). Anybody else having this issue?

and there is no solution, without the help of the Devolper from the African Conflict Modification?

Awesome mod guys,

I made my account just to post on this.

Currently loving it and spending more time editing than playing the last two days trying to understand it all.

Working on some F3 stuff for this. Plan on getting it up on a server hopefully by the weekend.

Firstly, thanks for this awesome mod.

Secondly- when I run ALiVE, I'm unable to save during any missions (including missions that do no use ALiVE modules). Anybody else having this issue?

No probs!

Not experienced it, however it won't be an issue when we release persistence and the War Room!

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

and there is no solution, without the help of the Devolper from the African Conflict Modification?

Watch this space, we are reaching out to mod makers to work together!

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Awesome mod guys,

I made my account just to post on this.

Currently loving it and spending more time editing than playing the last two days trying to understand it all.

Thanks happy playing, feel free to join our Skype Channel, where you will find others making missions and assisting with questions and ideas!

Also I am receiving numerous PM's of which I cannot answer them all, so therefore recommend joining our Skype Channel, where you can get your questions answered by the Dev's, Our Testers or some other ALiVE users.

Edited by Gunny1979

Whitelist/Blacklist options for units and groups would be very nice. Same goes for being able to set a custom init script that will run the first time the group is spawned for real (which could do stuff like replacing weapons/gear/uniform). Or just allow setting a custom script you can call with either each unit or group that will return an array with the unit's initial gear in a given format (so that if the group is profiled, the "simulated" behavior can rely on whatever weapons are saved).

where is your Skype channel mate? link please :)

1st post in thread :p

What do the different colors on the map indicate? Yellow, orange, blue, green.

I know what the sector display colors indicate but not the discovered areas.

Thanks.

What do the different colors on the map indicate? Yellow, orange, blue, green.

I know what the sector display colors indicate but not the discovered areas.

Thanks.

Try turning off debug on all modules except the OPCOM one for the side you are playing... you will see the colours change depending on objective ownership. That's about all I can tell you as the rest is wizardry and unicorns :p

Skype group says "waiting to join".

In the meanwhile here is a part of the RPT from mission start:

|=============================   alive_idf   =============================|

c:\w\c_branch\poseidon\futura_stable\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
[21340,121.532,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[21340,121.547,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.4.198, alive_main=0.5.2.1.31202e+006, "]
[21340,121.577,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=false, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=true, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=0, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Modules:1, group=L Modules"]
[21340,121.541,0,"x\cba\addons\network\XEH_postServerInit.sqf:3","Initializing: cba_network version: 1.0.4.198"]
ALIVE Active Limit: 80
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_profileHandler Startup [module_0]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_profileHandler [module_0] starting..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALIVE Create profiles from map groups
[TIMER STARTED]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALIVE Create profiles from map groups Complete - entity profiles created: [0] vehicle profiles created: [0]
[TIMER ENDED : 0]
[TIMER STARTED]
ALIVE Deleting existing groups
ALIVE Deleting existing groups Complete - groups deleted: [0] vehicles deleted: [0]
[TIMER STARTED]
ALIVE Create profiles from map empty vehicles
ALIVE Create profiles from map empty vehicles Complete
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_CP Startup [module_1]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_CP [module_1] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_CP [module_1] starting..
"ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
ALiVE-0 Player Persistence - Initialisation Completed
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM Startup [module_2]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] required synced ALIVE_CP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] required synced ALIVE_MP module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM Startup [module_3]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] required synced ALIVE_CP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] required synced ALIVE_MP module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_AISKill Startup [module_4]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_AISKill [module_4] starting..
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MP Startup [module_5]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MP [module_5] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MP [module_5] starting..
AISKILL Recruit:[[]] Regular:[[]] Veteran:[[]] Expert:[[]]
AISKILL Custom Skill: Factions:[["BLU_F","OPF_F","IND_F","BLU_G_F"]]
AISKILL Custom Skill: Min Ability:0.9 Max Ability:0.9
AISKILL Custom Skill: Aim Accuracy:0.2 Aim Shake:0.1 Aim Speed:0.1
AISKILL Custom Skill: Courage:0.2 Endurance:0.1 Spot Distance:1 Spot Time:0.3
AISKILL Custom Skill: Reload:0.5 Commanding:0.1 General:1
AISKILL Faction Skill Hash:
------------------ Inspecting Hash -------------------- 
  k [0]: BLU_F v: [0.9,0.9,0.2,0.1,0.1,0.1,1,0.3,0.2,0.5,0.1,1]
  k [1]: OPF_F v: [0.9,0.9,0.2,0.1,0.1,0.1,1,0.3,0.2,0.5,0.1,1]
  k [2]: IND_F v: [0.9,0.9,0.2,0.1,0.1,0.1,1,0.3,0.2,0.5,0.1,1]
  k [3]: BLU_G_F v: [0.9,0.9,0.2,0.1,0.1,0.1,1,0.3,0.2,0.5,0.1,1]
------------------ Inspection Complete -------------------- 
AISKILL Set unit skill on 2 units
Error: Object(4 : 6) not found
"CQB Init finished"
["#CBA_HASH#",["spawnDistance","factions","houses"],[700,["OPF_F"],[[[3677.84,12356.2,0.000293732],"Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F",<null>],[[3660.11,12349.1,0.281364],"Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F",<null>],[[3778.07,12600.2,0.552902],"Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F",<null>],[[3567.57,12466.3,0.466919],"Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F",<null>],[[3669.41,12275,0.0266533],"Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F",<null>],[[3555.45,12398.3,0.198673],"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",<null>],[[3938.89,12429,0.138378],"Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F",<null>],[[3523.35,12473.5,0.318119],"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",<null>],[[3522.48,12411.7,-0.0096283],"Land_u_House_Big_01_V1_F",<null>],[[3513.24,12472.4,0.529812],"Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F",<null>],[[3522.96,12605,-0.031642],"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",<null>],[[3762.5,12712.1,0.157431],"Land_u_Shop_02_V1_F",<null>],[[3819.28,12719.6,-0.00958824],"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",<null>],[[3542.77,12661,0.0495644],"Land_u_Shop_02_V1_F",<null>],[[3613.71,12718.6,0.000537872],"Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F",<null>],[[3473.09
["#CBA_HASH#",["spawnDistance","factions","houses"],[1000,["OPF_F"],[[[4020.12,12589,-0.347351],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[3760.45,12990.1,-0.0480747],"Land_Hospital_main_F",<null>],[[4008.57,13662.5,-0.0195293],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[3752.89,13461.9,-0.409237],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[5551.19,14999.9,1.06377],"Land_MilOffices_V1_F",<null>],[[5053.01,14442.8,-0.0601807],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[6188.17,15089.2,-0.116341],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[4615.6,15476.4,-0.270081],"Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F",<null>],[[8322.73,10075.4,-0.131165],"Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F",<null>],[[8308.39,10052.7,-0.0706787],"Land_Cargo_House_V1_F",<null>],[[8312.06,10047,-0.0706177],"Land_Cargo_House_V1_F",<null>],[[6817.63,16057.1,-0.00833893],"Land_Cargo_House_V1_F",<null>],[[6860.1,16055.2,0.00234222],"Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F",<null>],[[6794.25,15583.1,-0.0634651],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[8491.19,18271.2,-0.360764],"Land_CarService_F",<null>],[[8381.82,18255.6,-0.0218048],"Land_Cargo_House_V1_F",<null>],[[8
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML Startup [module_6]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] has required modules defined: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] required synced ALIVE_OPCOM module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MI Startup [module_7]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MI [module_7] has required modules defined: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MI [module_7] required synced ALIVE_OPCOM module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_MI [module_7] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - Startup queue not empty, looping..
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM Startup [module_2]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] required synced ALIVE_CP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] required synced ALIVE_MP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_2] starting..
ALiVE-83.923 OPCOM and TACOM starting...
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM Startup [module_3]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] has required modules defined: ["ALIVE_profileHandler","SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] required synced ALIVE_CP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] required synced ALIVE_MP module has started:true
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_OPCOM [module_3] starting..
Error in expression <_profileHandler);
_profIDs = _profIDs + _profIDsTMP;
} foreach _factions;
{
priv>
 Error position: <_profIDsTMP;
} foreach _factions;
{
priv>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _profidstmp
Error in expression <call ALIVE_fnc_profileEntity;
} foreach _profIDs;

if(_debug) then {
["%1 profi>
 Error position: <_profIDs;

if(_debug) then {
["%1 profi>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _profids
Error in expression <,_pos] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM};
} foreach _profiles;
};
};
};>
 Error position: <_profiles;
};
};
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _profiles
Error in expression < [count _inf,_x];
};
};
};
};
} foreach _profileIDs;

[_logic,"infantry",_inf] c>
 Error position: <_profileIDs;

[_logic,"infantry",_inf] c>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _profileids
File x\alive\addons\mil_opcom\fnc_OPCOM.sqf, line 1286
ALiVE-103.431 OPCOM and TACOM starting...

One quick question, how do you save a mission in progress with ALiVE activated? Can you save and continue at another time?

Not yet. Mission Persistence is the focus of the next major release.