wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is it me or does the hot fix messes up an existing mission?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Strategic Outcomes is setting up a server to host ALiVE as a coop, persistent war. We are nearly done setting up the mission and we will be doing some testing of said mission this evening. Once that is complete expect an update! We will be running this with ACRE as well and will have a repo on our webiste to make things easier for everyone (we use a couple of optional mods like Outlaw Mag re-pack, TMR, and JSRS) and thankfully ALiVE is already online on PlayWithSix.

This is an amazing mod, and so far we have loved every second of it, we want to fully support the ALiVE team and community by bringing the best public server experience for this OUTSTANDING mod.

I had a couple of questions: Is there anyway to use this module to spawn units from a Mod like the African Conflict mod? Or do I have to place all the units I want in manually?

With the stream set up (when its implemented) will it be possible to have Map presented that updates movements, and mission data (Current and completed objectives), or is that not really something that is possible?

With ACE3 being hinted at a few times...any plans on implementing that into ALiVE?

Hotfix release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Strategic Outcomes is setting up a server to host ALiVE as a coop, persistent war. We are nearly done setting up the mission and we will be doing some testing of said mission this evening. Once that is complete expect an update! We will be running this with ACRE as well and will have a repo on our webiste to make things easier for everyone (we use a couple of optional mods like Outlaw Mag re-pack, TMR, and JSRS) and thankfully ALiVE is already online on PlayWithSix.

This is an amazing mod, and so far we have loved every second of it, we want to fully support the ALiVE team and community by bringing the best public server experience for this OUTSTANDING mod.

I had a couple of questions: Is there anyway to use this module to spawn units from a Mod like the African Conflict mod? Or do I have to place all the units I want in manually?

With the stream set up (when its implemented) will it be possible to have Map presented that updates movements, and mission data (Current and completed objectives), or is that not really something that is possible?

With ACE3 being hinted at a few times...any plans on implementing that into ALiVE?

That's Great Abshire!! We are glad your loving it, regarding your questions:

• As long as the modded units have correctly setup configs, eg. they have a faction defined and have groups setup in CfgGroups config they should work fine.

• Yes the war room will have the map functionality you are speaking of, I did a small teaser below a few weeks back, excuse the quality I don't have any good screen capture stuff!

• We worked closely with many addons in ARMA 2 and MSO, such as ACE and ACRE. We will continue to do so in ALiVE wherever possible.

There is a single tear running down my cheek right now...you guys should be weeping too...for now there are no more world to conquer.

Pretend I am slightly retarded...how can I get this to work with other mods that are set up properly with sides assigned and such?

Edited by Abshire

Any chance Alive will ever support dev branch? Or at least let us risk it?

Also, how can we find the missions that will be coming out for it?

Hi i'm having issues with the placement of the Civilian Placement's. I have properly setup the mission for things to spawn, the only problem i'm running into is that ALIVE isn't detecting the numerous civilian buildings I have within my marker.

It works properly if I increase the size from 200x200 to 400x400, but that's just too big for what I am trying to do. My goal is to have a small war in Kavala, but i'm just not having any luck with this detection! Thanks

https:// dropbox.com/s/71hyqbho9ljppqz/kavala1.png

https:// dropbox.com/s/bcuse0k93ib9ouz/kavala2.png

edit: I guess my question is if this is a bug, user end issue or just a limitation with how it detects buildings.

Edited by turts

Hi i'm having issues with the placement of the Civilian Placement's. I have properly setup the mission for things to spawn, the only problem i'm running into is that ALIVE isn't detecting the numerous civilian buildings I have within my marker.

It works properly if I increase the size from 200x200 to 400x400, but that's just too big for what I am trying to do. My goal is to have a small war in Kavala, but i'm just not having any luck with this detection! Thanks

i have had the exact same problem but on STRATIS.

i wanted to occupy an area that had 3 civilian buildings but it wouldnt detect it.

the same thing happened again if i found the odd mill building also.

when i extended the radius of the marker it found something but it was too big for what i wanted it to do :/

does the mod have trouble finding small small areas? i did double check if any filters were on but none was on so that was ok.

Any chance Alive will ever support dev branch? Or at least let us risk it?

Also, how can we find the missions that will be coming out for it?

Due to the way our mil_placement and civ_placement modules work by scanning the map for locations, unfortunately not. As these may change frequently.

Well we hope the community start building there own missions, and after time there will be a library of numerous user made missions using ALiVE, of which will be hosted on the usual ArmA's great repositories such as play.withsix and armaholic.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

edit: I guess my question is if this is a bug, user end issue or just a limitation with how it detects buildings.

Nope not a bug, take a look at the objective types in the module, this is what it is scanning the map for. This module is for OPCOM to send troops to high target civilian infrastructures for example Communication Towers/Power Stations, so these must exist on where you place the marker in that town. For what you want to do I would suggest using the CQB Module and tweak the % to your liking.

Due to the way our mil_placement and civ_placement modules work by scanning the map for locations, unfortunately not. As these may change frequently.

Well we hope the community start building there own missions, and after time there will be a library of numerous user made missions using ALiVE, of which will be hosted on the usual ArmA's great repositories such as play.withsix and armaholic.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Nope not a bug, take a look at the objective types in the module, this is what it is scanning the map for. This module is for OPCOM to send troops to high target civilian infrastructures for example Communication Towers/Power Stations, so these must exist on where you place the marker in that town. For what you want to do I would suggest using the CQB Module and tweak the % to your liking.

Ah, I see. With the CQB module, would it still be possible for me to have the two forces push each other, or would they just stand in buildings?

Hey comrades!

First, BIGUP to alla u MASSIVE, downloading and enjoying ALiVE!

Second, I have to say after a hard time coding and fixing stuff, family and actually recalling that there was something like a RL besides beeing ALiVE I was able to go through all the comments only just now, so sorry in advance for me showing up so late!

Third, Thankfully due to your feedback we got some stuff fixed quickly and therefore were able to deploy a hotfix!

So grab that if you havent yet, esp. for enjoying the "Foursome" SP showcase!

I noted down some stuff, while going through the messages and can reply to some of them:

"I have some problems with syncing CQB module to a military placement module, faction: ind_F and a TAOR named INDFOR_TAOR_1."

"It works fine for the military, but it seems like it might super-cede the civilian ones."

>>> I tried to replicate it by any means, so i placed a CQB module, a sys profiles module, a marker named INDFOR_TAOR_1, a civilian placement module, a military placement module and set the name of the marker as the faction IND_F on both!

First I did not sync the CQB module to anything (worked, all towns got populated as default).

I then synced CQB to the civilian placement module (worked, only the civilian clusters in the marked area got populated)!

At last i synced it to a military placement module (worked, only the military clusters in the marked area got populated - still much less as they are also much smaller and have fewer buildings)!

So from my tests its working as intended - I can send you the mission if you are stuck!

"Setting a custom key...."

>>> You can define your own key by using Custom Key 20 in the settings, after restart of mission (or a disconnect/reconnect on a MP server) will apply the changes. Though hotkey combos like CTRL+%Key% seem to not work atm, I will look into that, just stick to single keys for now.

"whats the difference in the occupation and invasion opcoms?"

>>> Basically the amount of groups in attacking/reserving/defending sections and a different algorithm for determining priorities of objectives in the current state.

"For the communications tower objective, we planted dozens of charges and the thing doesnt want to come down."

>>> To replicate I planted 4 on the first BLU_G_F Objective "Destroy tower", that is called in the Foursome SP showcase and it came down properly, succeeding the mission as intended. Maybe you got a different tower than me, which one was it?

All I can say on this one is, that we dont have any "you need to have charges, to bring it down"-limitations, nor is it bound to an order of completing objectives. Could also be a bad A3 config, as i for example wasnt able to bring down the hospital in Kavala either once.

would a player-guided UAV spawn visually the virtual groups? if so, Tha could be used as FO to direct arty fire without the need of the player going into visual range.

>>> yes, UAVs activate the view layer in a certain radius. Also sounds like an interesting approach, will have to check the balance on performance on this one!

"African Conflict mod? Or do I have to place all the units I want in manually?"

>>> Its correct that the factions need correct configs but still I will take a look and in case there is something not working as intended and provide a fix!

"Hi i'm having issues with the placement of the Civilian Placement's."

>>> Without contradicting Gunny, I will still look into it. We had even to filter objectives because with all the small ones we got literally hundrets of clusters that led to high loading times etc. For sure your TAOR marker is pretty small and very likely the according clusters centers (which are a bit more north) are not included in the marker, so thats why it works if you make the TAOR bigger.

For a "small" war in Kavala I suggest that you f.e. divide kavala with 2 TAOR markers, put 2 civ placement modules up with different infrastructure types (f.e. fuel and comms or whatever) and hostile factions, 2 opcoms synced to the civ placement modules -> win!

On a last note I need to say thanks to Rydiger! HAC/HAL is a diamond in the world of ArmA and an outstanding piece of work - OPCOM isnt comparable in functionality to HAC/HAL yet, though it does its job as its intended to atm!

All the years and gazillions of hours that Rydiger put into it make it an outstanding AI controller and yeah I would love to see it integrated and in fact there are ways to do it!

Still I came to the point myself where i saw that everything I did, would require major changes on Rydigers code and I simply was unable to change the HAC/BigBoss mechanisms to control virtual units without breaking it line by line and variable by variable.

And to be honest, the last thing i wanted, was to provide a modified HAC version, that wasnt doing what it did already in RYDs version or even worse, would have been buggy and "degrade" RYDs work - HAC works very very well and just wouldnt have deserved that.

I will link up with RYD to talk to him, maybe we can get something done without too much work that works out for him and us! But i already promised to bring HC support on release candidate and just failed (sorry), so i try not to promise stuff i cant stick to afterwards.

So now im back to actually play som ALiVE! Eventually I will meet some of you out there!

JPD

Latersh...

Highhead

HAC/HAL/HETMAN doesn't work with our profiles system today, so no not really. You could use ALiVE without the profiles system of course. We did play around with HAC and ALiVE, but decided not to go down that route for reasons above.

And now I found my "Alive wont command my unit" issue. Thanks. Good to know Hac works with it.

i can get the admin thing up using the windows key but i do not know how to get the combat support screen up??

as in the showcase you are able to talk to the pilot (So effing cooool) but when we are dropped off at the outpost the helicopter just hovers there.

in the end funny enough i quickly jumped in and told the pilot to RTB whilst quickly ejecting (i got wounded... then the blufor base got raped big time...then died)

so yeah what's the key for the support tablet?

this mod sooo much fun and its only ALPHA!?!? bring this beauty to life ;)

"get the combat support screen up"!

Get a Laser Designator (not a laser pointer) and try again (+ batteries if you actually want to lase something for the fast mover if on greenfor side, lol)!

Report back if it wont work, comrade!

"get the combat support screen up"!

Get a Laser Designator (not a laser pointer) and try again (+ batteries if you actually want to lase something for the fast mover if on greenfor side, lol)!

Report back if it wont work, comrade!

will report back soon captain!!

another quicky while im here, how long does it take to complete the showcase mission?

sounds like hours and hours and hours by looking at all the map icons :P

my team die in the end and i get lonely, maybe should implement a reinforcement request also? (for players - so fills their squad back up to what they started with)

it would look amazing if at somepoint we will see AI helicopters picking troops up and dropping them into another AO!! (if thats possible :) )

i dont think you will be able to complete it.

But rumours say, that there are 2 civilians held as hostage somewhere in kavala. Im quite sure they are killed once you go spotted there, but maybe you manage to take out the guards quickly enough, after sneaking into fully occupied kavala :)

It would be like the perfect system if HAC/HAL could be somehow included, exciting times.

Would it be possible to have a couple of sample mission setups ala DAC, I've looked at the example mission provided but it just seems to have all options on the table, and admittedly I've only been able view 3 of the tut videos so far but a couple of basic scenario setups where we can merge and adjust would be nice?

i dont think you will be able to complete it.

But rumours say, that there are 2 civilians held as hostage somewhere in kavala. Im quite sure they are killed once you go spotted there, but maybe you manage to take out the guards quickly enough, after sneaking into fully occupied kavala :)

This mod does hostage situations too!?!! :O if not.. Can it in future?

Is it possible to create a completable mission ;)

I will test that combat support thing soon mate I had to rest my eyes from My 42' 3d screen

Somethings broke....

Was following the Youtube vids. Setting up secondary Military placement modules. As soon as second module is placed, Alive stops working.

Found the tutorial mission pack, loaded it up. Same behavior, even the canned missions do not work as soon as a second military placement module is on the map.

Running stable branch, CBA 1.00 beta 4 and Alive hotfix 0.5.2 and nothing else.

Edited by lawndartleo

Somethings broke....

Was following the Youtube vids. Setting up secondary Military placement modules. As soon as second module is placed, Alive stops working.

Found the tutorial mission pack, loaded it up. Same behavior, even the canned missions do not work as soon as a second military placement module is on the map.

Running stable branch, CBA 1.00 beta 4 and Alive hotfix 0.5.2 and nothing else.

hmm interesting.

everything synced correctly?

all required modules placed?

Using the tutorial missions, tyl....

Skipped 1 and 2 because 3 is where I was having issues. Went back, loaded up tutorial 1... no problem. loaded up tutorial 2... its bugged now. no changes by me, just trying to use the tutorials.

I followed the video to the letter. My made mission does not work. I loaded up tutorial 3, it is not working either. All I see are the gray circles for the intended TAOR's.

If I drop Alive req, admin and mil placement just as a test, the island populates entirely as it should.

Just to be REALLY clear. run mission 3 of the tutorial and all goes bad... without any changes to the mission by me. Run mission 2, bugged. MAKE mission 2, works.

This is wierd.

Edited by lawndartleo

And now I found my "Alive wont command my unit" issue. Thanks. Good to know Hac works with it.

If you had issues that profiled editor-units werent controlled by OPCOM then this is fixed in upcoming version :)

----------------------------

lawndartleo, if there are several instances of modules running (like several instances of OPCOM, Military placement, Civilian placement, etc.) this will take longer to initialise, if it worked once its unlikely it breaks suddenly! Give it some time to initialize! To make sure i will run up the tutorial missions to doublecheck!

Edited by highhead

Using the tutorial missions, tyl....

Skipped 1 and 1 because 3 is where I was having issues. Went back, loaded up tutorial 1... no problem. loaded up tutorial 2... its bugged now. no changes by me, just trying to use the tutorials.

I followed the video to the letter. My made mission does not work. I loaded up tutorial 3, it is not working either. All I see are the gray circles for the intended TAOR's.

If I drop Alive req, admin and mil placement just as a test, the island populates entirely as it should.

Just to be REALLY clear. run mission 3 of the tutorial and all goes bad... without any changes to the mission by me. Run mission 2, bugged. MAKE mission 2, works.

This is wierd.

yeah i placed my blufor_taor_1 over the same military camp as in the tutorial video and its saying it cannot find anything objective wise.. :/

i will roll back to 0.51 and see what happens with the same scenario.

So I ran up the tutorial missions in editor and they are working as they should, beware - it took up to 3 minutes to initialise. Some of them have debug DIS-abled, f.e. mission_4!

I furthermore got feedback that the tutorial missions were tested before and after release and even with the 0.5.12 update!

tyler, "blufor_taor_1 over the same military camp", the vids are examples and may change during the alpha / beta stage!

Check your modules for filterdropdowns and TAOR markersize please.

laters :)

My marker size is 100 by 100 and no filters are enabled mate :s I will try 150 by 150