wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Most of ALiVE side mission targets such as fence, radio tower...etc are really hard to destroy.

I used about 6,7 Explosive Satchel to destroy it.

How can I change the setting of targets' durability?

hi,

This is just pure ArmA3 behaviour, we dont have any "you need to have 984635 charges, to bring it down"-limitations and there wont be any (at least by me, as I always found it ridiculous if you bombed a RadioTower with 4 GBUs in some missions/gamemodes and the tower still was up)!

You may want to open up a ticket for BIS to tune down the durability!

thanks

HH

Yeah, if you have a good list of excessively durable objects a ticket would be useful.

Alright, thanks guys. I reported it and wish BIS gonna fix it.

First off, Great mod guys love what you have given us to play with so far, looking forward to the updates.

Is there anywhere we can grab missions made by others? seen a few of your video's on youtube and wouldnt mind getting my mits on the missions to play and to also have a look at how people are doing things.

It's entirely up to the people who make those missions whether they want to release them or not, sorry! I would really encourage you to have a play with ALiVE in the editor though - it's absolutely made for people who aren't very confident with mission editing and we would appreciate the feedback on how easy to use it is (or not!) so we can make improvements.

I have had a play and have made a mission or two which I will release once I am happy with them, just interested to see how others are doing things :P

As for ease of use, it is very easy. Some of the terminology used is a little confusing at times and some inconsistency with naming factions (on one menu you select iranian, Nato, etc etc ... everywhere else it is OPF_F, BLU_F), but generally I do find it very simple to use.

Edited by lordhughes

Whatever setting I give to the AI skill, doesnt seem to do anything. I'm not running any sort of AI mod, just Alive. And its with a mostly stock Foursome misison. Has anyone else encountered this? The AI are just crazy right now.

I have a very basic knowledge of the headless client, but i fail to see how ALiVE would work with it.

Pretty simple, any spawned units would be spawned on the HC. That is what an HC is for.

Whatever setting I give to the AI skill, doesnt seem to do anything. I'm not running any sort of AI mod, just Alive. And its with a mostly stock Foursome misison. Has anyone else encountered this? The AI are just crazy right now.

what are the AI doing? I just use custom anyway. min = .85 to max = 1 with everything else b/w 5-8. seems to give AI decent to above average skills and not super skills.

what are the AI doing? I just use custom anyway. min = .85 to max = 1 with everything else b/w 5-8. seems to give AI decent to above average skills and not super skills.

I think you might be mistaken JAndrews. setting AI at .85-1 means it is set to the highest value. This means the AI will head shot you with PKM from 500 meters while running straight at you. Check your values. If it is set to this and the AI are not superman then your custom is not working correctly.

EDIT: Average AI is about .25-.30 this gives the most realistic feel imo. They will still kill you quick but at least they miss sometimes.

Hey comrades!

Update will be most likely in the upcoming days when we know more about the release time of upcoming stable patch. Think will be around 11th though you know - its ready when its ready ;)

For those who wondered why mission saving and autosaving was disabled, its due to most ppl getting out of mem crashes (and leaving autosave off + mission-saving on didnt work with enableSaving command - maybe bugged?)!

Furthermore "saving" in ALiVE will be what we internally call "DB Persistence" in the upcoming months!

see ya

Experiencing exactly the same as SpectreRSG. In addition, it is strange to see when AI infiltrate each other as they go completely into each other before first shot is performed. Light infantery is ridiculous and impossible to make any difference with the "AI Skill" module. We have now tweaked the paramters up and down several days with no luck. The most annoying is that we physically have to stand on the head on the AI before they shoot at us at all. I will say that Arma 3 is not good at all when it comes to AI behavior. Ridiculous that something new will be worse than what where the standard yesterday. Long live ArmA2 !

These were my settings. Still getting one shotted.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/490062041560872574/3B45D63F8323D047BFC4C32D7081375284B1E582/(Warning: Large image)

I changed them all to .1 thinking that may be the lowest the number could go, and they're still one shotting. Something isn't right methinks...

Try putting OPF_F,IND_F in the recruit field of the module. If that doesnt work it must be something in your mods that it doesnt like.

I have done that Redfield. Nada. And the server isn't using any mods outside of Alive and TF Radio (which I don't believe interacts with AI at all)

Those having issues with AI not shooting at all and acting likge idiots around enemy units (a.k.a you), I origionally had the AI module in and set to vet, but still had idiotic AI, syncing the two OPCOM's fixed it for me :s without the sync they just dont shoot. I have not done extensive testing around this and I don't think I many any others changes between tests but worth a shot. (Again I have not had time to do extensive testing if this was the reason, I may have also removed the CQB module at the same time but one of these two things helped).

These were my settings. Still getting one shotted.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/490062041560872574/3B45D63F8323D047BFC4C32D7081375284B1E582/(Warning: Large image)

I changed them all to .1 thinking that may be the lowest the number could go, and they're still one shotting. Something isn't right methinks...

Do you have factions set in the factions field for the custom values, I can't tell in your image?

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Those having issues with AI not shooting at all and acting likge idiots around enemy units (a.k.a you), I origionally had the AI module in and set to vet, but still had idiotic AI, syncing the two OPCOM's fixed it for me :s without the sync they just dont shoot. I have not done extensive testing around this and I don't think I many any others changes between tests but worth a shot. (Again I have not had time to do extensive testing if this was the reason, I may have also removed the CQB module at the same time but one of these two things helped).

Not sure what you mean here Lord, AISkill doesn't require any syncing. It operates on any factions you define, or all factions will be set at default Regular if you don't provide faction names.

Alive Team: I don't see where anyone has asked this, how do I disable the side missions?

Alive Team: I don't see where anyone has asked this, how do I disable the side missions?

The tasks setting is on the OPCOM module, enable player tasks is the field if I remember right.

ARJay,

OPF_F is defined in the custom & recruit. Neither work, nor did one or the other.

Hmmm, not sure Spectre. I also use TFR but my AI units are behaving normally as far as I can tell. I watched ALiVE play on Takistan for about an hour. I have BLU_F set to Veteran and OPF_F,IND_F set to Recruit with superior numbers. Engagements seemed to happen at about 200 - 300 meters in the open and about 50 - 100 in towns.

Are you using more than one of any module?

What do you have synced?

What map are you using?

I had to troubleshoot quite a bit so I may be able to get to the bottom of this with you.

Its essentially a stock Foursome mission just with more Blufor slots and VAS. VAS works just fine. TF Radio works just fine. Our problem isn't spotting or anything like that, its just the accuracy of the OPF_F AI is just damn near hackish. Zeus AI had them configured perfectly to our needs, we've disabled the server from running that. Every time one of us gets hit, it seems to be a headshot. They miss, just not often.

Its essentially a stock Foursome mission just with more Blufor slots and VAS. VAS works just fine. TF Radio works just fine. Our problem isn't spotting or anything like that, its just the accuracy of the OPF_F AI is just damn near hackish. Zeus AI had them configured perfectly to our needs, we've disabled the server from running that. Every time one of us gets hit, it seems to be a headshot. They miss, just not often.

I have noticed the AI to be too easy with some of the AISkill settings to tell the truth. If you want to tweak and test you can place a BLU_F and OPF_F on the salt flats facing each other, place a player behind the OPF_F group and the AISKill module with debug on (this will output values applied to the RPT), this is pretty easy to see the differences especially in custom settings. You can see me test this in the

. If you continue to have issues, then by all means do not place the AISkill module at all and use your preferred AI mod instead.

Hi everyone, for those asking for sample missions, I have added the first mission to the sample mission section on the website. Just a simple 4 person CO-OP mission in the Valley of JPD. Will be adding more missions here as we work on them. And if you guys make any please let us know and we will feature them here.

Grab it here